• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
No doubt! There was serious credits on the table! If my ability to perform basic math in my head is serving, those gold coins average out to 140,000 credits! =)

In a quiet but firm voice, she says, "If it is one of the Maggots, we must not hesitate to hit it with everything we have. Be ready!"

This. The way Sherwood described a single Maggot was enough to make me feel the same way. If they're that heavy a threat, its either us or them in a faster-than-normal outcome.

Purr Purr Just to confirm because I can't find it right now - Snowfall probably shared the news that the Maggots smelled him with ease, right? Just wondering if Eron's aware that most ambush plans might not be the best idea.

We didn't know enough about them to know much about potential weaknesses, right? Other than the typical ones for demons?

I think you're correct. Earlier, I believe in Eron's presence, Snowfall compared their detection abilities to Dog Boys.

That does sound familiar, just couldn't find it myself - thanks!

Shoot. I was just in the middle of posting but I didn't finish it fast enough. Oh well.

Sherwood Sherwood Roll for Snowfall, please? He is using Quick Draw for his Dragon Rod for a +9 bonus to Initiative.

Not a problem. Roll coming up.

BTW, good roll, Psy! Just what you needed after that rousing speech!

Sherwood Sherwood I'm going to toss this question out here as we seem to have a moment IC. The Magic Net spell nails a 10 foot area. The Maggot is 20 feet long, 12 feet tall. It's a melee "battler" and a spellcaster. What happens if you nail the front of such a creature with a Magic Net? Given Snowfall's experience, background, and multiple Lore skills, can he reasonably assess what would happen?

I'm trying to figure out if this is worth doing or is it a waste of time. If does turn out to be a waste of time, I feel certain someone like Snowfall would know. But all this is up to you, hence my line of questions. =)

Sherwood Sherwood I'm going to toss this question out here as we seem to have a moment IC. The Magic Net spell nails a 10 foot area. The Maggot is 20 feet long, 12 feet tall. It's a melee "battler" and a spellcaster. What happens if you nail the front of such a creature with a Magic Net? Given Snowfall's experience, background, and multiple Lore skills, can he reasonably assess what would happen?

I'm trying to figure out if this is worth doing or is it a waste of time. If does turn out to be a waste of time, I feel certain someone like Snowfall would know. But all this is up to you, hence my line of questions. =)
Snowfall would know that a Magic Net spell would indeed slow it down, requiring multiple castings of the Net to fully engulf it due to its size. At that point, it would be ensnared well and good, and would require the Maggot to claw its way out, or to try a Dispel Magic Barriers spell. Keep in mind that the Magic Net spell can be dodged, and you are aware that the demons are spellcasters, so it is possible that they know that particular counter spell.

Thanks! I'm thinking that Magic Net and Carpet of Adhesion are the way to keep this Maggot busy countering and off-balance while my team brings the pain. =)

Thanks! I'm thinking that Magic Net and Carpet of Adhesion are the way to keep this Maggot busy countering and off-balance while my team brings the pain. =)
You can certainly give it a shot!
Humph. It doesn't even look like a maggot. More like a three eyed toad.
I'll let the people at Palladium know you are unsatisfied with the description of the monster.

Work has been killin me lately. I'll try and figure out active spell effects today and get an initiative roll up once those are declared. After Friday, I'll be pretty scarce for a while though. I've got a week off for the big 3 0 birthday. Not really lookin forward to starting my 30s but I reckon things could be worse.

Work has been killin me lately. I'll try and figure out active spell effects today and get an initiative roll up once those are declared. After Friday, I'll be pretty scarce for a while though. I've got a week off for the big 3 0 birthday. Not really lookin forward to starting my 30s but I reckon things could be worse.
It could be worse. I'm looking at 50 next year.

Rykon Rykon Well, count me in for celebrating 30 years of Rykon! Here's to you, man! =)

It could be worse. I'm looking at 50 next year.

In my perspective, each year is a gift. It's like this - there was a time when there was no Rykon, no Sherwood, no Dann, etc. There will come a time when we are gone. It's in the middle that counts - we are here. Now. In this moment!

I appreciate life a great deal. It's fun being me and that it's temporary is the way it's supposed to be. So I choose to make the best of it with me and my friends! *hugs*

Rykon Rykon Nice Initiative roll, Rykon! =)
Thanks buddy.

As for the birthday stuff... I largely agree with your sentiment. I've lost family that I was very close to, these last 10 years. While this life is temporary, I have hope I'll see them again one day. As we say goodbye to those close to us, we can see the legacy they leave behind and discover what it is we wish to leave for those that come after us.

I reckon most of the reluctance I see with going forward is the challenge of how much left there is to get done in a world drowning in so much information it is hard to see what's right in front of you some days. Each year, each day is indeed a blessing, and I find the greatest way to cut through the veil of darkness that sometimes surrounds us is to take the time to hold that blessing in your heart and be grateful for it.

Ironic then, in the context of this game, how much gratitude there will be when our characters likewise cut down a great dark force in its current haunt. I'm confident the vampires and these maggots are about to get overwhelmed with the throwing of hands, projectiles, explosives, and amusing mystical tricks. The time to thrash baddies is finally upon us...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back