• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
looks like the last attack missed cause the maggot is in Mist form... would lightning be able to damage it? It'd be some weird rules-lawyer-y physics stuff, but it's the only thing I can think of to do.

looks like the last attack missed cause the maggot is in Mist form... would lightning be able to damage it? It'd be some weird rules-lawyer-y physics stuff, but it's the only thing I can think of to do.
Probably not, but unless you guys pull back, you will have a second Maggot in your faces in just a moment. The first Maggot is probably going to resolidify once he has some back-up. I was planning on keeping your initiative rolls and current bonuses for it.

I agree. Besides, if we back off now, we miss a chance of bagging one of the Maggots who can come back and give us grief later. I think we can handle two under these circumstances.

58 damage if it hits (and it should, right?)

If I may? When someone rolls a 19 to Strike in a Palladium game and their totaled bonuses to Strike are high, instead of saying should, I Iike to instead think that while the chances are high, they're not guaranteed. This is because there is only one roll that is nigh-guaranteed and that is the defense roll of a Natural 20.

I remember years ago respectfully debating with a player for the better part of a half an hour over the Defense of 20 wins rule. For those not familiar, it goes like this - a Natural roll of 20 on a Defense gets the result regardless of the Strike roll, even if that roll is a Natural 20. This goes for Parry, Roll, and above all - Dodge. If you just happen to roll a natural 20 on your Dodge and the Strike in question can be dodged, then you're not touched, regardless of the bonuses or penalties of the attacker and the target. Of course, all rules are subject to the Game Master running the game but I've never seen this one touched in any Palladium game I've been a part of - and I think for good reason - there has to be a way out for the defender, however small, or why bother rolling?

A roll of 19 or higher at our Characters' levels also often functions as a Critical Strike, doubling said damage. =)

From my perspective, that sounds like saying the same thing in two different ways. 'It should' is meant as in "unless something amazing happens instead, I'll hit the damn thing". A natural 20 is one of those things, special abilities, magic or divine intervention are others. All of these are exciting, so if they happen, that's great. As you said, what's the fun in rolling dicve if everything works out anyway?

Heya folks! Kaerri and I are going out of town for a few days. Should be back Sunday. Stay safe and have fun! =)

Short note for the team: I have one action left if I'm not mistaken. Unless there's a golden opportunity, I'll probably delay that one just in case I need to dodge something.

We are back from out-of-town (and we had a great time)! I will post as Snowfall sooooooon! =)

I'll delay for now - a hit won't make much of a difference, a dodge might.

The Maggot manages to connect with its swing, doing 70 MD of damage.

Mirgris Mirgris is up

Current Order of Initiative
Nat 20 - Zephiron -70 [6]
31 - Eron [6] delay
24 - Terra <====
--Tiny [6]
--Junior -80 MD [6]
--Baby [6]
21 - Snowfall [6]
20 - Daisy -70 MD [7]
18 - Maggot 2 minor injury [5]
6 - Doc [6] <====
Just to clarify, Is that damage before or after defensive magical effects/resistances?

Just to clarify, Is that damage before or after defensive magical effects/resistances?
It is a nasty claw strike, so whatever defenses you have that would apply take the damage.

Since damage is halved from the Resist Damage psionic power, and Zephiron has 100MDC of magic barriers in total (2 50MDC layers) I'd guess the first 50MDC layer from Invulnerability would take 35MDC assuming that stacks.

Last edited:
Sounds good. I'll edit the IC post to show your damage as only 35 MD.

The Maggot manages to connect with its swing, doing 70 MD of damage.

Just for future notice, this one of the big reasons I don't like enemies coming in mid-battle without us rerolling Initiative. Sure, we get to keep our rolls, but that first round, they get to trash us and all we have are our "automatic" defenses and saved actions (like Silanon's). Snowfall's out of actions, so I'm feeling kinda helpless right now (and yes, I am well aware of my own Character's abilities to continue to defend himself - I'm just saying if this Maggot starts with the casting or anything we can't dodge against, we're almost at its mercy - that's all I mean to say).

Otherwise, I'm having fun! We took one down and that's a good omen for us. =)

The doctor continues to fire now firing at the new maggot seeking to end it's life with a called shot to it's eye.

Mirgris Mirgris

In Palladium games, taking out a creature's eye does not kill it but instead blinds it. =)

Sherwood Sherwood

Hey you! For your records, Snowfall's last action of the Round was to get Zephiron's Biting Squall rune weapon back to him. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back