• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Have you in the nearby town? I can see that working. I may have a NPC join you for your trip to the area.

That would be fine, yes.

I could be doing a little mechanical and magical work, and when looking for help, sending them to a tech-wizard who can make them custom gear for the situation makes sense.

Two questions: First, where does the automatic 30 for Mirgris come from? It's not that I don't want the IQ to be high, just wondering - for me, maxing the roll always meant taking 18 if I'm not mistaken. Is that wrong? Or am I missing something? Lemme know, please.
Also: I couldn't find auto-dodge on my sheet just now - either I'm blind, messed up during the character creation, or the TW Crazy doesn't have it (regular crazies have it, but they also don't come as MDC creatures).

Silanon Silanon Sherwood's Character page gives each of us one Attribute of choice at 30.

Crazies in general have Automatic Dodge due to their enhanced hearing (Rifts Ultimate Edition, Page 55 under 5. Enhanced Senses).

I do read that attribute part differently - pretty sure I asked about that back when I created Shaona, I can look for that later. Maybe I'm wrong, though, then that's another +6 parry/dodge/strike for free, which sounds silly.

Crazies get the auto-dodge, that's right - but I'm using the TW crazy, not the regular variant, and I can't find it there. I'll recheck, though, thanks for trying to clarify things!

Yeah that's the normal crazy not the crazy he is.

Also Sherwood says stat rolled at maximum. He's asking if I'm sure that's 30 and not 18

Yes, hence why I wrote "Crazies in general." Plus, I think you may have missed Psychie's earlier post and Sherwood's O.K.. =)

I do read that attribute part differently - pretty sure I asked about that back when I created Shaona, I can look for that later. Maybe I'm wrong, though, then that's another +6 parry/dodge/strike for free, which sounds silly.

It's right here per Sherwood and the rest of us have a Maxed number somewhere in our Character Sheets. I've maxed a number on both of my Characters in this campaign. (Don't mean to say, "I told you so"; just pointing it for accuracy's sake.) =)

Finally, everyone can get one rolled number at max. That can be an Attribute, ISP, PPE, MDC or whatever your character has that is determined by roll of the die. Let me know what your choice is.

My reading of this is the following: "Sherwood, I'm maxing PP." "Sure, what's the roll?" "4d6, discard the lowest." "18 it is, then." Maybe I'm wrong.

Apparently, we both are, see this from way back:
If I maximise one of the attribute rolls, does that mean that I just take a 30 there? I'd be inclined to do that for the IQ since that seems to fit my character the best.
The top end roll is only a 24, not a full 30. Perhaps in another game I'll go for the 30, but not this time.
Does that mean I'd get another 6 pp for the crazy, since I went with 18 instead? Sherwood Sherwood

I saw Sherwood's ok, Dann - I'd just like to understand where it comes from. They might have checked the regular Crazy, too, after all. From my perspective: If I don't see how I got auto-dodge, I won't use it - even if I have to waste the respective actions by dancing on the spot because Sherwood refuses to adjust the numbers =D

Hmm. I admit I'm presuming that Sherwood looked it up, but whether he did or not, he approved it and that's good enough for me. As for where it comes from, Sherwood may see it differently, but I thought it was a quality (or improvement if you like the word) that all Crazies had. Like Juicers.

Also, where did you find that quote from Sherwood? This confuses me. Snowfall has a 30 I.Q. because of his rule to increase one number of choice (and the word Attributes is right in there and my character sheet was approved by Sherwood). Plus, I might not be the only one who put their maximum number into Attributes; I just know that we all had the opportunity (including my first character, Gradicus). Sherwood Sherwood What's the call here, bud?

Maybe I'm wrong, though, then that's another +6 parry/dodge/strike for free, which sounds silly.

Does that mean I'd get another 6 pp for the crazy, since I went with 18 instead?

Oh, and Silanon Silanon Sil? 6 points of P.P. (going from 24 to 30) translates to 3 points of Strike, Parry, and Dodge, not 6. Maybe Sherwood doesn't like the idea of a TW Crazy with a P.P. of 30 and that's why he gave your Character a max of 24? I don't know. He'll figure it out though. He knows what he's doing. =)

Hmm. I admit I'm presuming that Sherwood looked it up, but whether he did or not, he approved it and that's good enough for me. As for where it comes from, Sherwood may see it differently, but I thought it was a quality (or improvement if you like the word) that all Crazies had. Like Juicers.
Maybe it's there, and I'm just blind, as I said - from my perspective, I already have something like an auto-dodge: 'take the hit and heal up later'. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind having auto-dodge, far from it. I just didn't find it myself when I looked for it, so it feels weird. I like to understand my own characters.
Also, where did you find that quote from Sherwood?
When you click on the name in a quote, you get to that post - p. 15 of this ooc, somewhere in the middle (post 357's mine, 359 is Sherwood's response).

Oct 10, 2018

Given the date of that post, I'm willing to write it off as things having changed, given how incredibly strong (everyone but me) is.

Mirgris, that could well be. Good thought.

Sil, I see it now. Thanks for pointing it out. That was for Shaona, your human TW. I thought you were talking about Eron here. Huh!

Oct 10, 2018

Given the date of that post, I'm willing to write it off as things having changed, given how incredibly strong (everyone but me) is.

Oh and Mirgris? For what it's worth, Snowfall (my 2nd Character in Sherwood's Rifts campaign here) is a big step down in the combat department from my Atlantean Tattooed Undead Slayer, Gradicus (my 1st Character). Sherwood mentioned earlier he likes the idea of your Character getting some kind of item to boost him, so you'll be good to go.

Not to change the subject, but where'd you come up with a cool name like Mirgris? I can't place it.

Oh and Mirgris? For what it's worth, Snowfall (my 2nd Character in Sherwood's Rifts campaign here) is a big step down in the combat department from my Atlantean Tattooed Undead Slayer, Gradicus (my 1st Character). Sherwood mentioned earlier he likes the idea of your Character getting some kind of item to boost him, so you'll be good to go.

Not to change the subject, but where'd you come up with a cool name like Mirgris? I can't place it.

I sent Sherwood a PM for a final approval on my devices, including a stat boosting one (very limited with several counters). So the item is in the works, I'll be hemorrhaging PPE, but I'll keep up.

SirGrim-> Reverse it-> Mirgris

Oh, and Silanon Silanon Silanon Silanon Sil? 6 points of P.P. (going from 24 to 30) translates to 3 points of Strike, Parry, and Dodge, not 6. Maybe Sherwood doesn't like the idea of a TW Crazy with a P.P. of 30 and that's why he gave your Character a max of 24? I don't know. He'll figure it out though. He knows what he's doing. =)
Sorry, that's my old assumption that it's 18, not 24 - I took 18 during the creation, so it'd be only +3 to get to 24 as you noted.
Oct 10, 2018

Might be - can't recall a change along the road, but who knows. It's the rules that Psychie used for her active character, so I'd argue it'd be fair to keep it like that...
Besides, it's the choice of character, too. You're going for a very much utility-focused spellcaster character if I'm not mistaken, while I'm pretty much focused on combat only, for example. That obviously means that my combat numbers are going to be higher.

That said, I'd appreciate it if Sherwood Sherwood could clear things up once he comes online. Think this is a bit of a mess as it is.

I sent Sherwood a PM for a final approval on my devices, including a stat boosting one (very limited with several counters). So the item is in the works, I'll be hemorrhaging PPE, but I'll keep up.

SirGrim-> Reverse it-> Mirgris

Ah! Was "Sir Grim" another name of yours or something?

That said, I'd appreciate it if Sherwood Sherwood Sherwood Sherwood could clear things up once he comes online. Think this is a bit of a mess as it is.

It is, but it's nothing we can't handle. It's much better than (pardon my saying it) having to deal with Character Alignment issues. Remember those? I'd much rather have these (mathematical balance-based) issues. This is just a matter of fine tuning. =)

Sorry, that's my old assumption that it's 18, not 24 - I took 18 during the creation, so it'd be only +3 to get to 24 as you noted.

Might be - can't recall a change along the road, but who knows. It's the rules that Psychie used for her active character, so I'd argue it'd be fair to keep it like that...
Besides, it's the choice of character, too. You're going for a very much utility-focused spellcaster character if I'm not mistaken, while I'm pretty much focused on combat only, for example. That obviously means that my combat numbers are going to be higher.

That said, I'd appreciate it if Sherwood Sherwood could clear things up once he comes online. Think this is a bit of a mess as it is.

The problem isn't them being higher, the problem is the degree of them being higher, that anything that threathens or challenges you could instantly kill me.

Meaning I could not be in combat (at least not more than once).

Phsycie has 625 MDC armor right now. 11 to strike and 10 to dodge

I have 150 ish MDC
something like +6 with my gun
and like 4 to dodge

You have around 200
(but self healing)

And +15 to dodge before using psyonic powers or anything clever.

If things have a chance to hit you, they are 55% more like to hit me.

NOTE: Thats a flat 55% out of 100%.

If the chance to hit you is 20%, the chance to hit me is 75%

Ah! Was "Sir Grim" another name of yours or something?
It's one I went by in the BDSM community for awhile, but that isn't really a topic for a rifts RP.

Needless to say, thank you for liking the name.

Though looking at somethings, I may actually have numbers that are to high if all my gear is approved, which I actually want to point out, would be okay, because my main role is to buff you guys with better gear, so if my gear is to impressive at first, that's for the best, since I probably won't get any upgrades for a looooong time, as you all get custom equipment.

Also to be clear, you are currently playing snowfall right?

I looked over the sheet, hard to see any obvious gear improvements or upgrades (besides raw numerical stuff) but I will think on it.

The problem isn't them being higher, the problem is the degree of them being higher, that anything that threathens or challenges you could instantly kill me.

I don't it's quite that bad a situation. As with my first assessment (my first post when you asked what we thought), I think your character isn't in serious danger unless he's caught alone or the victim of some seriously-bad dice rolls. Plus, Sherwood's already on this so fixes are in the works. Those are good things. =)

I also think it's something of a mistake to compare a brand-new Character to one that's been around (especially in the hands of a veteran Palladium PC and GM). Your Character will "git gud" as time goes on, no doubt. Sherwood isn't shy when it comes to treasure, but nor is he a Monty Hauler. =)

It's one I went by in the BDSM community for awhile, but that isn't really a topic for a rifts RP.

Needless to say, thank you for liking the name.

Oh! Ha ha! You're welcome and I think you're absolutely right about the topic! As George Takei might say, "Oh my!" =)

"George Takei Explains His Catchphrase "Oh My""

Though looking at somethings, I may actually have numbers that are two high if all my gear is approved, which I actually want to point out, would be okay, because my main role is to buff you guys with better gear, so if my gear is to impressive at first, that's for the best, since I probably won't get any upgrades for a looooong time, as you all get custom equipment.

Uh, I think that depends! If you craft, say, 6 P.P.E. batteries (just to throw a useful item out there), then why not include your own Character in getting what he makes? Ours is a Good-aligned party and I can imagine us saying something to that effect in-game. =)

Also to be clear, you are currently playing snowfall right?

Yes! Please see the Main thread for the best idea of who is playing whom (and how we're playing them; maybe go back a few pages and read it like a comic book?). =)

I looked over the sheet, hard to see any obvious gear improvements or upgrades (besides raw numerical stuff) but I will think on it.

If you're referring to Snowfall's Character Sheet, I covered his bases when I created him (one major benefit of having played Palladium this long and having a Game Master willing to accept Snowfall's very concept, which I admit, is far into left field, but a total blast to play!). When it comes to TW gear, there is always a hole to fill or new neat toy to discover in Rifts. Just look in the books for inspiration or, heck, anywhere! It's part of the beauty of the game. =)

I dunno. From what I've seen from rifts so far, BDSM would probably fit in without anybody noticing much difference. It already has everything and the kitchen sink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back