• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I don't know about that (terribly useful in combat). You're clearly creative and that's the key to playing magic-users in Rifts, in my opinion. I think you'll find ways to be effective if I've read you right. =)
I'm not really a magic user in combat.
Any spells I cast from my own spell list are at less than half strength if I'm not using a device.

And the staff has a couple of okay spells on it but several of them aren't combat centric.

I probably won't actually be casting a ton of spells in combat. And mostly doing some shooting maybe healing.

Then repairing people up after combat.
Which is fine I can buff the revolver a little more and I should be good

Well Daisy has a bunch of ISP and nothing to spend it on. Though with a +19 to hit, I could bullseye a womprat back home with a T-16. Blindfolded.

Daisy isnt a big fan of magic, being a psy-hound. But she does like destruction. I think she would be interested in any sort of upgrade. Especially for her newest addition. If our technowizard likes playing with lazers.

Well I had a concept I'd like to run past you and the others that may interest you.

"Flame Reactive Armor"

When you parry or dodge and the roll fails in melee you may spend X PPE to do Xd6 MDC damage to everyone in melee with you.

(You can spend twice the PPE cost in ISP to power Magi-tech)

Well I had a concept I'd like to run past you and the others that may interest you.

"Flame Reactive Armor"

When you parry or dodge and the roll fails in melee you may spend X PPE to do Xd6 MDC damage to everyone in melee with you.

(You can spend twice the PPE cost in ISP to power Magi-tech)
That could be pretty awesome. Would definitely make her feel a bit better about being gung ho in the middle of a fight.

I have a feeling this sort of thing might make Daisy not dislike magic as much as she does.

That could be pretty awesome. Would definitely make her feel a bit better about being gung ho in the middle of a fight.

I have a feeling this sort of thing might make Daisy not dislike magic as much as she does.

Daisy: Magic Fucking sucks
Dr. Nicholas Curie: I can make your gun shoot bigger explosions, and your armor set people on fire who try to stab you.
Daisy:Magic rocks new best friend.

Daisy: Magic Fucking sucks
Dr. Nicholas Curie: I can make your gun shoot bigger explosions, and your armor set people on fire who try to stab you.
Daisy:Magic rocks new best friend.
That sounds just about how her circle of thinking would take her. She does like big explosions. The buzzkills that are her allies wont even let her fire off a MOAB at a demon hive cause of some silly pile of stone blocks.

That sounds just about how her circle of thinking would take her. She does like big explosions. The buzzkills that are her allies wont even let her fire off a MOAB at a demon hive cause of some silly pile of stone blocks.

Given enough time I could probably make the moba not hurt the rocks.

In regards to actions I have the same amount I'd have with expert or martial arts, so that isn't a big deal...
(ellipsis mine)

Oh! Sorry, I wanted to address this and got distracted. I agree with Expert and Martial Arts, but not Commando or a few of the Martial Art Systems from Ninjas & Superspies. Why? One good reason is Automatic Dodge - possibly the biggest Action-saving technique in the game. Nearly every Character out there has to use up an Action to Dodge (which happens all of the time in ranged combat). You buy this, you don't pay for Dodging unless the GM says you have some highly-unusual circumstance (and it hasn't happened in Sherwood's game). Also, there are other benefits including Attribute bonuses and special techniques out there. There's even a Chinese martial art for shooting pistols all John Wu-style!

Speaking of techniques, I like Tai Chi's Push Open Hand where if the opponent fails to defend against the attack, they get knocked back a number of feet equal to the Attacker's Chi (Hit Points can be used as an accurate equivalent for those Characters who don't use Chi). No Saving Throw, either. If we ever fight on the rooftop of a 20-story building or the like, and our baddies don't have wings, it just may be time to "push" some baddies around! =)

Sherwood Sherwood Now, that doesn't help with the Skill situation your character has, but perhaps that could be an added benefit to simply playing a normal human? Just like in Pathfinder? More Skills for humans?

Mirgris, as for that "pile of rocks," that's the holy pyramid that we're trying to save for the Were-Jaguar tribe we're allied to. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing a 500-pound JDAM drop onto the heads of our bad guys.

But not gory either. Just contains profanity. Which some folks don't want at their workplace. =)
"500 Pound Bomb JDAM Dropped On Insurgent Sniper Position In"

I wouldn't mind at all. =)

(ellipsis mine)

Oh! Sorry, I wanted to address this and got distracted. I agree with Expert and Martial Arts, but not Commando or a few of the Martial Art Systems from Ninjas & Superspies. Why? One good reason is Automatic Dodge - possibly the biggest Action-saving technique in the game. Nearly every Character out there has to use up an Action to Dodge (which happens all of the time in ranged combat). You buy this, you don't pay for Dodging unless the GM says you have some highly-unusual circumstance (and it hasn't happened in Sherwood's game). Also, there are other benefits including Attribute bonuses and special techniques out there. There's even a Chinese martial art for shooting pistols all John Wu-style!

Speaking of techniques, I like Tai Chi's Push Open Hand where if the opponent fails to defend against the attack, they get knocked back a number of feet equal to the Attacker's Chi (Hit Points can be used as an accurate equivalent for those Characters who don't use Chi). No Saving Throw, either. If we ever fight on the rooftop of a 20-story building or the like, and our baddies don't have wings, it just may be time to "push" some baddies around! =)

Sherwood Sherwood Now, that doesn't help with the Skill situation your character has, but perhaps that could be an added benefit to simply playing a normal human? Just like in Pathfinder? More Skills for humans?

Mirgris, as for that "pile of rocks," that's the holy pyramid that we're trying to save for the Were-Jaguar tribe we're allied to. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing a 500-pound JDAM drop onto the heads of our bad guys.

But not gory either. Just contains profanity. Which some folks don't want at their workplace. =)

yes but I'd have to spend several more skills to get one of those martial arts that would really help.

Well I can cut some.
I got to start cutting entire capacities soon.

Like giving up chemistry would save me two skills.

(ellipsis mine)

That was a mistake I wasn't done.

As for the pyramid.

If it isn't magic I could probably make an anti magic missile to kill or cripple the demons.

Oh. This one's even better. =)

Now if this isn't Mega-damage, nothing is. =)
"IED Factories Destroyed By JDAMS"

Oh. This one's even better. =)

Now if this isn't Mega-damage, nothing is. =)
"IED Factories Destroyed By JDAMS"

So I'm thinking up the gun damage, grab sniping, and go assassin martial arts style.

Eventually it gives a bonus to hit with guns.
For now I'll slap on a laser sight.

It will in total make me a damn accurate shot capable of making called shots to important targets if we need.

Thunder Boltor:
Damage: 7d7+7 MDC
Range: 300 Feet
Bonus to Strike: +3 Total +1 to strike due to its revolver configuration +2 to strike due to Electric Arc primary spell
Device Level 7
Duration of Charge: Holds six Lightning bolts that remain ready in the weapon until fired.
To Recharge: It takes 6 P.P.E. or 12 L S.P. to recharge a single Lightning bolt
Equipped with Laser Targeting
------------------
Ithans Modern Armor
M.D.C. by Location : Main body: 50, Helmet: 35, Arms: 16 each, and
Legs: 30 each.
Weight: 11 pounds (5 kg); excellent mobility, -10% movement penalty .

Telekinetic Armor Function:
MDC: 100 Last until the function is reactivated or all MDC is destroyed.
Special: Half Damage from al Energy Damage, magical Energy Weapon or otherwise.
PPE Cost: 10

PPE: Battery Pack Function:
Stores up to 25 PPE
----------------
Thunder Rider:
Crew: One rider.
Maximum Speed : 180 mph (288 Ian).
Engine: Magic
Size: 6 feet (1.8 m) long
M.D.C. by Location : Main Body : 75, Tires (2)

Flight Function:
Maximum Speed : 180 mph (288 Ian).
Maximum Altitude: 1000 Feet
PPE Cost: 9 Per 30 Minutes

Telekinetic Armor Function:
MDC: 250 Last until the function is reactivated or all MDC is destroyed.
Special: Half Damage from al Energy Damage, magical Energy Weapon or otherwise.
PPE Cost: 25

PPE: Batter Pack Function:
Stores up to 25 PPE

Telekinetic-Vibro-Knife
Damage 5d6 MD (each)
Range: 60 Feet
Bonus to Strike: +3 to strike or parry including when thrown
Device Level 7
Special: These are two paired Knives that can be thrown and manipulated with Telekinesis. They return to the thrower after being thrown and since they are controlled with the mind can float around the user and be used with gestures rather than needing to be physically thrown or swung.
PPE Cost: 3 Per Round

A simple Black ring enchanted with Shadow Meld and Cloak of Darkness, so that Technowizard can use those two spells at full strength.
PPE Cost: As the spell being used

Sherwood Sherwood So Can I reroll my stats? I have no bonuses from my rolling and with such a low PPE, I'm going to struggle to dodge or hit it looks like.
Other than that, I made some tweaks and added 2 items, they are relatively minor, but with my changed skills to be more combat viable they are important.
Also I'll have my lore finished tonight.

Yeah I'm pretty close to done, this should be my final revisions.

Mirgris, what about putting that free Attribute of 30 into P.P. instead of I.Q.? Sure, your Skill bonuses might not be as high as you'd like, but that would solve your character's mathematical combat problems. As far as I know, no one's ever been allowed to reroll. You go with what you have or change the concept. Unless Sherwood says otherwise, of course. Or perhaps add an item that increases Attributes? Just thinking aloud. =)

Mirgris, what about putting that free Attribute of 30 into P.P. instead of I.Q.? Sure, your Skill bonuses might not be as high as you'd like, but that would solve your character's mathematical combat problems. As far as I know, no one's ever been allowed to reroll. You go with what you have or change the concept. Unless Sherwood says otherwise, of course. Or perhaps add an item that increases Attributes? Just thinking aloud. =)
Crafting is more important than combat to me.

And 16% is huge given techno wizards take a bunch of penalties when making new things

I also don't have the right spells to make something that would increase my PE

O.K.. Thought I would throw it out there. =)
Your input has been incredibly useful so far.

In character I can probably get my hands on the super speed spell and from there work on a PE increasing item.

As is I technically think I'm okay with the items but without the stat re-roll the stat re-roll would just be very useful.

Thanks!

Sherwood Sherwood I'm just worried for Sherwood's game balance is all. If he does it for you (reroll), then that opens it up to people down the line who read this. They can say, "Well, you did it for them!" and what's Sherwood to say? Quite a pickle, right? No Game Master I know wants to have that thrown at them.

What if (my two favorite words in gaming) there was, say, a belt that only worked for your character that added combat bonuses or P.P. or both? Not by a huge amount, but just something to help out? Again, just spouting ideas to help. =)

Thanks!

Sherwood Sherwood I'm just worried for Sherwood's game balance is all. If he does it for you (reroll), then that opens it up to people down the line who read this. They can say, "Well, you did it for them!" and what's Sherwood to say? Quite a pickle, right? No Game Master I know wants to have that thrown at them.

What if (my two favorite words in gaming) there was, say, a belt that only worked for your character that added combat bonuses or P.P. or both? Not by a huge amount, but just something to help out? Again, just spouting ideas to help. =)
Well the thing is I can totally make gear that will improve my stats.

I have a spell for strength I could easily keep it up or make an item to keep it up longer.

It's just a matter of me getting the right spells and making one for PPE.

I'll do it eventually as is my shooting is good enough to hit. Worst case scenario my aimed shots are like + 12.

And if I need to I can increase my 100 MDC armor to full every turn.

together those are more than enough to make me a relevant and capable of surviving a fight.

I'll be hemorrhaging actions.and I do want to be useful in the fight but that's not where my focus lies.

As I said with the two new items and the upgraded gun I think I'm fine.

I am with Dannigan with the prescient of letting you reroll your stats. It wouldn't be fair to the other players to let you do that unless I impose some other kind of penalty. Let me ponder this, but I am more in favor of you having some sort of item that increases your attributes for a time than just a total reroll.

I am starting to ponder just how to introduce your character to the others.

I am with Dannigan with the prescient of letting you reroll your stats. It wouldn't be fair to the other players to let you do that unless I impose some other kind of penalty. Let me ponder this, but I am more in favor of you having some sort of item that increases your attributes for a time than just a total reroll.

I am starting to ponder just how to introduce your character to the others.
A few pages ago they were talking about looking for help for the temple, it wouldn't hard for someone to send them my way, or for me to be fighting the same enemies they are nearbye.

Have you in the nearby town? I can see that working. I may have a NPC join you for your trip to the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back