• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
With an angry snort, Terra directs her Automations to attack Exterminator 3, Tiny with is lightning blast, and Baby and Junior with their swords.
Assuming that both sword hits connect, that is 100 MDC damage on the target.

Total MDC 515

Number of Attacks: 6
Strike: +9
Parry: +9
Dodge: +9
Roll: +10
Initiative: +4
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Damage: +2

When Piloting Automations
Number of Attacks: 8 / 3 / 1
Strike: +5 (+7 with Sword)
Parry: +6 (+8 with Sword)
Dodge: +2
Roll: +2
Initiative: +5
Damage: +1

Hit Points: 44
SDC: 135
PPE: 117 /
PPE Battery: 50
PPE Battery: 50 / 10

Bonus Points: 8

Tiny
Main Body 1,000 MDC / 780 left
PPE: 200

Baby
Main Body 500 MDC / 410 left
PPE 120
Starfire Pulse Cannon 8 / 4

Junior
Main Body 500 MDC / 380 left
PPE 120
Starfire Pulse Cannon 8 / 4

Once more, Tiny's lightning blast misses its mark, but the dual sword strikes of the Earth Thunderers hit home and carve into the armor of your target. its armor is weakened, but it is still active.

D. Rex D. Rex is up

Current Initiative Order
27 - Daisy -60 [5] <=====
19 - Snowfall [3]
17 - Exterminator 3 [4] seriously damaged
17 - Exterminator 4 [3]
11 - Terra [1]
--Tiny [4]
--Junior [3]
--Baby [3]

Another round to send flying, and another boom as a result!

Target: Exterminator 4
Strike: (critical hit) 38
Damage: 180

The Exterminator is hit hard, and with the critical hit, you do a whopping 360 Mega Damage to the mecha! It is ripped apart from the massive blow.

Purr Purr is up

Current Initiative Order
27 - Daisy -60 [6]
19 - Snowfall [3] <====
17 - Exterminator 3 [4] seriously damaged
11 - Terra [1]
--Tiny [4]
--Junior [3]
--Baby [3]

Perception +8
Initiative +5 (+9 when using W.P. Quick Draw)
Attacks per Round: 6
Strike +12
Damage +16
Parry +14
Dodge +19 (+22 in Fox form)
Roll +17
Maintain Balance +10
Save vs. Magic +10
Save vs. Pain +14
Horror Factor Saving Throws +4

Damage by Weapon Type
See Character Sheet.

Snowfall turned to say something to Terra when he realized he was uncertain whether or not her Controller body armor had protected her hearing.

So instead, he turned to the mechanoid and shouted, "Do you like lightning?"

Firing Lightning Blast again - 2D4x10 M.D., range 2000 ft (610 m) .

full

Image credit: Pinterest.pt )
STATUS Location: The Mechanoid Main Fortress
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (228/228) Self-P.P.E. (226/278). Power Matrix (--/60 P.P.E.) . Effects Active: Blazing Comet (Mach 5 for 5 [6]hours. 100/120 M.D.). Invulnerability (250/450 M.D. for 35/50 [60]minutes). All-seeing Helm (30 minutes).

The lightning shot flies out and strikes the Exterminator square in the chest. Electricity arcs around it for a moment, then it shudders for a moment before bursting into flame and falling to the deck.

Moving out of combat time.

The hallway is now filling up with smoke from the multiple burning mecha, but it is not yet too bad to deal with that you need breathing protection. It does, however, smell quite nasty for those without a sealed air supply.

Silanon Silanon and Rykon Rykon are now able to come running up

With the mechanics destroyed, Daisy finally lowered her gun. Pushing one of them with the boot of her Glitterboy to make sure it wasnt moving any more. She kept her axe in hand though.

"Hmm. I was partly expecting bigger." She said. Only light damage to herself. Shed try to keep it that way. "Though they be ballsy enough to use missiles in their own base."

She turned around. "Snowball! What was it you were trying to say about the Uberlord?" She asked.

"Victory! Inari be praised!" Arms outstretched to the heavens, holding his Dragon Rod high, Snowfall performed a little dance of joy.

She turned around. "Snowball! What was it you were trying to say about the Uberlord?" She asked.

However, so soon after the deafening blasts of Daisy's Boom Gun, his ears being filled with gauze, and his prized Magic Helmet over that, Snowfall could not hear much of anything, much less Daisy to correct her calling him Snowball.

Instead, he folded his hands in solemn prayer before the fallen Mechanoids. He closed his eyes. "Foul spirits! Metal-clad devils! I forgive you! May you travel more peaceful and honorable paths in your next life, now that you have seen where your wicked ways got you in this one."

Terra lets out a loud 'Whoop!' when the last of the enemy falls, then she takes a finger and wiggles it in her ear, trying to clear her hearing. She gives the others a grin and a thumbs-up.

Zephiron swoops down on azure wings scanning the smoking ruin of the battlefield with slotted eyes. He gaze passed to Snowfall and his head tilted in confusion. Turning to address Terra he spoke with a bit of a fatigued sigh, "More mechanuggets here too...? Any sign of this overlord the other dragon friends have been worried about?"

Terra can see that Zeph is trying to talk to her, so she shakes her head and points to her ears. In a slightly louder voice than needed, she says, "I can't hear a damn thing because of that Boom Gun. Give me a minute to get my hearing back."

Terra can see that Zeph is trying to talk to her, so she shakes her head and points to her ears. In a slightly louder voice than needed, she says, "I can't hear a damn thing because of that Boom Gun. Give me a minute to get my hearing back."
Go ahead and roll a d4 for me, please.

Daisy looked from Snowfall to Terra. Then to the arrival of the miniature dragon. "Yes. And likely more to come." She gestured down the hallway. "I'd wager further in we will find this overlord guy. The fox man had something to say about it. But I think both our friends hear underestimated how loud my gun really is. I hope nobody makes a habit of it... I wouldnt want hearing loss to become permenant."

"I hope you got some hearing protection yourself. Else you might end up in the same boat. Judging from what they sent, me using the big gun is the smartest choice here."

Snowfall stepped forward to Terra, and like a scene out of the Calvin & Hobbes comic strip, he began to frantically wave his hands while acting as if he were shouting something important at her.

In reality, no sounds are coming out of his mouth whatsoever. He was teasing her!

Finally, he leaped toward her and gently placed his hands on her ears. Pop! After a moment of concentration and focusing his Chi, Terra could suddenly hear perfectly again.

Snowfall sounded exasperated. "Oh, all those things Daisy said about you!" He grinned at Daisy so as to include her in on the teasing. "Miss Terra! They can't be true! You did what? To whom? How many times?!"

By this time, the Fox Spirit was grinning so widely as to make it obvious that he was just trying to get a laugh out of them both. But most importantly, she could hear again!

The dragon gave a lazy shrug, "I can just turn my ears off for a bit and read minds if I have to. Shame the gun has such an odd drawback but it is interesting. I haven't had much experience with angry-biscuit throwers before. How do they taste?" Zephiron asked sincerely.

Terra sticks her tongue out at Snowfall, then grins. "Thanks for fixing my ears! That Boom Gun is louder in here than I had expected." She gives Zeph a nod, then says, "I have a feeling that the worst of the fighting in here is still waiting for us. Whatever still remains has got to know we're in here from all the noise. Everyone, be careful as we advance."

"So long as you make your ear drums dissapear too. Because they may not be there when you turn your hearing back on." She advised.

"Some call it a drawback, but I like to consider it a feature. It has such an exhilarating feel to it. Like having every atom in your being hugged and shook by a big hunky doberman. As for the angry biscuit throwers... I'll tell you what I've told all the children I've had to raise over the years. That's not a biscuit, dont eat it."

"Oh yes. Such lewd and horrendous things that we cant discuss because there is a child here now."

Zeph nods and taps the nexus again to refresh his spells. "I can take the front here. Most of their weapons are useless against me anyways. I need be able to get in striking range too. Actually... "

Zephiron used his metamorphosis to take a more diminutive humanoid form, keeping some shrunken form of his wings if he can manage it. "This should make things a bit less cramped."

"So long as you make your ear drums dissapear too. Because they may not be there when you turn your hearing back on." She advised.

"Some call it a drawback, but I like to consider it a feature. It has such an exhilarating feel to it. Like having every atom in your being hugged and shook by a big hunky doberman. As for the angry biscuit throwers... I'll tell you what I've told all the children I've had to raise over the years. That's not a biscuit, dont eat it."

"Oh yes. Such lewd and horrendous things that we cant discuss because there is a child here now."
To Daisy's remark Zephiron makes an exaggerated gesture as if fastening a tie. "Ah but my good madam, I am a connoisseur of fine, if infuriated, spices." He moved past the sarcastic quip with another clarification. "Dragons don't really take permanent damage. I could heal from near death in a day. No worries there I think."

Terra gives off a laugh at the antics of her companions. "Good to see you all in such good spirits. Lets go find this Overlord and end its threat to our world."

Snowfall's Chi-atsu functioned on most living things, but it did not function on him. Therefore, Snowfall did his best to hear the conversations around him.

"Oooh, tatsu!"

Using his magic helm and his natural abilities, he gazed at Zephiron. He also called upon his significant Lore skills (pick one). Just what was the Western dragon hatchling? Besides appearing only a months old?

What does Snowy learn, please?

The magic helmet has these powers when activated:
Magic Powers: The wearer can See the Invisible, See Aura, see infrared light, see strong heat radiation same as a thermo-imager, detect magic concealment, and recognize illusions!

The See Aura spell detects the presence of magical and psionic powers. not type or power level General level of experience. high or low base P.P.E. the presence of a possessing entity. if they are base human or not and if they are insane or not base-human. Could also indicate that they are just seriously ill or insane. Cannot detect alignment although.

The Fox Spirit R.C.C. can naturally see magic and Chi.

"Listen, if you would learn," said Snowfall in a serious manner. Then he shared what he knew about the Mechanoid Overlord.

Per Sherwood,

"The Overlord is usually heavily guarded, but it is a tough customer all by itself. A master psychic, it is a deadly foe with its mental powers. Consider that it has most, if not all, the psi powers in the book. Other than that, it does also possess a powerful triple barreled blaster mounted in its head that has a nasty punch. It is a 40 foot tall giant that flies through the air on a jet of flame."

"Then I'll trust your ears to you." Daisy said with a nod.

"I can track this Uberlord no problem. How we want to deal with it is another matter. That blaster sounds mean. I can pop a few shots to try and cripple its face."

"But you say its probably heavily guarded. Think its guards would flee or die if their boss died?"

"Beats me, Daisy. Just remember," Snowfall pointed to the burning wreckages, "those fought to the death."

"Beats me, Daisy. Just remember," Snowfall pointed to the burning wreckages, "those fought to the death."
"And they died." Daisy remarked. "What I mean is, if they are in an independent program or slaved to the Overlord. Killing it quickly might render his drones as nothing but garbage. Of course, that comes with the danger of trying to ignore them."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back