• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The young dragon prince gives Brazamal a look of frustration. "It seems to me that your servants here don't show the same respect you do to one of the royal breed. I get the sense I am being looked down upon or underestimated at every turn. It was not those little mages spells that stopped those mechanoids from even blemishing my scales with soot. It was mine. Even talk of these dragon stopping weapons? It is a disgrace and an insult they levy to us, Brazamal. Taking our namesake to cast an illusion of competence to their clockwork light shows. They do not respect the power and threat even one of my lineage possesses. They seem capable and confident enough throwing clockwork toys at other clockwork toys. So, why should I linger where my talents are likely to be underutilized? If only due to their own misunderstanding and the pathetic resistance we've faced thus far."

Zephiron gave the Fire Wind Lord an empathetic look with what appeared to be a shrug from his bulk of scales shifting. "I can respect that this peer of yours has invoked blood-vengeance from you, but you cannot handle him as you are. You yourself have both admitted and shown that. Do you really want to ask me to stay behind and defend your vassals from threats they are perfectly capable of sweeping on their own?" The dragon added, conceding a recognition of the experience brought to the table by the large numbers assembled here. "Is this overlord that much less disappointing than these meatless puppets we've mangled thus far? I chafe at our association still, yet you haven't shown yourself an incapable Regent yet. Truly, is this the advice you think is best?" The dragon cast an appraising glance at the new scions of Draco Amicus that recently arrived alongside Gradicus, Terra, Shaona, Dru and the allied forces still rallying in the dome. He saw no reason why they needed him for dealing with this overlord based on the demolished forces thus far. However, trashing it would provide him scrap to sharpen his claws with.

Last edited:

Perception +8
Initiative +5 (+9 when using W.P. Quick Draw)
Attacks per Round: 6
Strike +12
Damage +16
Parry +14
Dodge +19 (+22 in Fox form)
Roll +17
Maintain Balance +10
Save vs. Magic +10
Save vs. Pain +14
Horror Factor Saving Throws +4

Damage by Weapon Type
See Character Sheet.

"Well, whoever you are... did you at least bring ear protection?" She asked the odd man with the ears. Would be a shame to make them bleed, but in such confined quarters as inside. The echo of the Boom gun would be... fun.

"Oh... Right... Glitter Boy..." Snowfall gulped self-consciously and ruffled through his robes. "Uh, I think I'll have to just stuff a ton of gauze in my ears? And... uhh..." He gulped again, reached into his paramedic kit, withdrew the gauze and made thick earplugs with them before returning the kit to his pack.

"Of course! My magic helmet!" He proudly withdrew a shining, rather impressive-looking silver helm. It seemed rather knightly in appearance except for a pair of strange binocular-like protrusions that loomed out from what used to be the eye-slit. The handsome device was well taken care of.

For humor's sake, "Spear and Magic Helmet" courtesy of Looney Tunes!

Placing it on, Snowfall assumed a dramatic stance with one hand curled into a fist at his side and the other held in a knife-hand above his brow. "Ahaaaa!" he exclaimed mightily, the helm slightly muffling his voice. "Have no fear! 'Tis I! Sir Looks-A-Lot! I shall see what there is to be seen... beyond the realm of mundane means!" Snowfall activated his Nexus Knight Helm of All Seeing and began examining the sealed door and nearby surroundings in the Mechanoids' fortress.

Asian Fellow Smiling on Pinterest.jpg
Image credit: Pinterest.pt )
STATUS Location: The Mechanoid Main Fortress
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (228/228) Self-P.P.E. (226/278). Power Matrix (--/60 P.P.E.) . Effects Active: Blazing Comet (Mach 5 for 5 [6]hours. 100/120 M.D.). Invulnerability (250/450 M.D. for 35/50 [60]minutes). All-seeing Helm (30 minutes).

Last edited:
As Snowfall looks about, the twin Earth Thunderer Automations manage to put an end to the persnickety door blocking your advance. The way is now open to advance further into the Mechanoid fortress.

With your helm, it is clear that there are no spirits or unobserved entities in the area.

Back in the dome, Brazamal continues on his path outside. As he walks, he says to Zephiron, "We can discuss our next steps after we have finished dealing with this threat here. I fear that I will not be able to pursue Granthar as I want to, but if he is left alone he will undoubtedly try to open another rift to bring forth some evil into this world. His hatred of humanity is nearly equal to that of these Mechanoids, and he will stop at nothing to see this world burn. For now, let us go to the main body of the fortress and deal with this Overlord."

He turns to the Battle Controllers with their Fire Demons standing outside. "Keep watch on the nexus point. It is still quite likely that there can be other rifts opening up and bringing something into our dimension that should be left out."

Terra has her two Automations stop swinging once they have breached the doorway, and then calls out on the radio, "This is Terra. We have an opening into the fortress cut into the interior. Any and all that wish to join in on the raid into the heart of this place, come along or you'll miss out on all the fun."
Total MDC 515

Number of Attacks: 6
Strike: +9
Parry: +9
Dodge: +9
Roll: +10
Initiative: +4
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Damage: +2

When Piloting Automations
Number of Attacks: 8 / 3 / 1
Strike: +5 (+7 with Sword)
Parry: +6 (+8 with Sword)
Dodge: +2
Roll: +2
Initiative: +5
Damage: +1

Hit Points: 44
SDC: 135
PPE: 117 /
PPE Battery: 50
PPE Battery: 50 / 10

Bonus Points: 8

Tiny
Main Body 1,000 MDC / 980 left
PPE: 200

Baby
Main Body 500 MDC
PPE 120
Starfire Pulse Cannon 8 / 6

Junior
Main Body 500 MDC
PPE 120

As Terra has her Earth Thunderer Automations look through the door, you do not see any signs of anything moving, and the only sounds you can hear is the dull hum of a motor running somewhere further inside the fortress.

Outside, the various members of the assault team gather near the opening in the armored hull of the fortress, ready to move forward inside.

Zephiron finds himself nodding at Brazamal's urging. "Of course, both must be dealt with. If we don't have a means to skin that peasant Granthar now then I guess we'll have to make due with punishing the Overlord for having such un-appetizing minions!" The hatchling pouted.

The royal frilled dragon craned his head to the humans, or those that at least looked human-enough, nearby. "You here are the experts, yes? I will ask less loudly and angrily this time... Where is this Overlord so we can eviscerate the insufferable little mongrel?"

[Question... I may be misunderstanding the layout of the place, but I believe a good bit of us are still in the central dome structure by the door that presumably leads to the Overlord and rift generators, right? Or is there another door/facility somewhere else I missed a reference to?]

[Question... I may be misunderstanding the layout of the place, but I believe a good bit of us are still in the central dome structure by the door that presumably leads to the Overlord and rift generators, right? Or is there another door/facility somewhere else I missed a reference to?]
There are two different buildings here. The first one you went into is the one where the rift and Granthar was. It is the large dome with the one door, and the strange machinery under the floor.

The other is the main fortress, where Terra, Snowfall and Daisy went to look into the hole in the wall that the Glitter Boys blasted out. That is where Terra's two Automations have just finished hacking their way through the inner door. After Terra made her radio call earlier, I was trying to bump things forward by having everyone that wanted to converge upon Terra, Daisy and Snowfall to begin the entry into the main part of the fortress.

Perception +8
Strike +12
Damage +16
Parry +14
Roll +17
Maintain Balance +10
Save vs. Magic +10
Save vs. Pain +14

Damage by Weapon Type
See Character Sheet.

"Ahaaa!" Snowfall exclaimed. "A new corridor to examine!" And that he did and on his way there, he carefully and unobtrusively tried to take a good look using his helm along with his natural Fox Spirit ability to automatically sense magic at everyone who was currently with him.

It was a strange time in Western hemisphere with many odd-goings-on. You never knew who could radiate strange... unnatural things! It was just best to be cautious until one knew better!

full

Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (228/228) Self-P.P.E. (226/278). Power Matrix (--/60 P.P.E.) . Effects Active: Blazing Comet (Mach 5 for 5 [6]hours. 100/120 M.D.). Invulnerability (250/450 M.D. for 35/50 [60]minutes). All-seeing Helm (30 minutes).

Last edited:
Daisy needed no fancy helm. Her nose picked up the unseen quite well. But... from what she has witnessed her so far, it was a technological menace they seemed to he up against. And it was always nice when science, psionic, and magic stayed separate. Made things easier.

With the others apparently gathering. "I'll say it one more time. If you have ear protection, use it. Otherwise you are going to put me in a situation I can't use the rail gun." She warned them. "If you are going to ignore it or dont have any, then at least cover your ears if I go for it."

She would leave her Boom Gun at her back, if the risk still posed itself. Instead taking in hand the large particle rifle from her back, and drawing the thunder axe with her other.

Daisy would enter with Snowfall. Switching her vision mode to give her the best view of what was within.

Terra moves her three kids into the hallway, and as she follows along, the mage pauses long enough to once more cast Immunity to Energy on the three Automations before turning to look at Daisy and Snowfall. "Before we go much farther, I have enough energy to be able to cast this spell twice more if you wish the added protection. Will you accept my aid?" She makes sure to ask, because she knows so little of the other two, and does not wish to offer any offense to what may be a very proud pair of warriors.

Purr Purr D. Rex D. Rex
Casting Immunity to Energy three times, once on each Automation. The spells will last 12 minutes.

Total MDC 515

PPE: 117 / 17
PPE Battery: 50

Tiny

Baby
Main Body 500 MDC
PPE 120

Junior
Main Body 500 MDC
PPE 120

Last edited:

Perception +8
Strike +12
Damage +16
Parry +14
Roll +17
Maintain Balance +10
Save vs. Magic +10
Save vs. Pain +14

Damage by Weapon Type
See Character Sheet.

"Before we go much farther, I have enough energy to be able to cast this spell twice more if you wish the added protection. Will you accept my aid?" She makes sure to ask, because she knows so little of the other two, and does not wish to offer any offense to what may be a very proud pair of warriors.

Except that the Atlantean could hardly know that one of the two was no proud warrior at all. "Ah! Who is this humble servant of incomparable Inari to turn down the blessings of a Clan Draco Amicus Battle Magus Controller? Sir Looks-A-Lot thanks you greatly!" As Snowfall slowly and meaningfully bowed Japanese-style to Terra, he absorbed all of the knowledge bestowed upon him by his helm as he looked from Terra to Daisy.

"What say you, Glitter Boy pilot?" he gazed upon Daisy and he studied every one of the people who might become his future party, Eric included if he were present. Snowfall paid special attention to their auras and illusions the helm discovered as well as any magical and chi-based energies his own natural spirit senses automatically detected. These Mechanoids were some of the worst news the Megaverse had to offer - Snowfall examinations made him wonder just what kind of allies Miss Terra had in her company.

full

After Terra made her radio call earlier, I was trying to bump things forward by having everyone that wanted to converge upon Terra, Daisy and Snowfall to begin the entry into the main part of the fortress.

(OOC: Perhaps I can be of help?)

Gradicus, hearing the change in the baby dragon's tone, pointed toward the main part of the fortress and addressed everyone present including the dragon. "Hither," he shouted and laughed heartily aloud and over the communicators so all could hear. "Find Terra and her three automatons! For Terra is a True Atlantean and thus born to divert or slay the evils of the Megaverse! Where else would such a soul as hers be than on the trail of this would-be emperor of evil, the Mechanoid Overlord? Join her swiftly or miss your chance at glory everlasting! Hah!"

Gradicus turned solemnly to Brazamal. "Know you that I am with you, Elder Brazamal! Though it change my course from my fellows, there are two evils in the world and I would aid you now in this dark hour as you have long and generously aided us. Let us scour this very planet for your foe and lay him low that I might wear his hide upon mine as a new pair of boots - I should enjoy trodding upon on him for aeons to come!

"And if by fate's decree Granthar eludes us," the young gladiator looked off into the skies. "There are... matters of blood and family I would answer... with all that I have become."

Daisy looked back at the atlantean and nodded. "The armor of the Glitter Boys are already highly resistant to energy." She explained. "If you someone else needs it more, then they could take advantage of it more. But, I won't turn down the offer."

"Also, my name is Daisy. You can call me that." She said to the very odd Snowfall.

"'Daisy...'" his mind turned, remembering the flower. "Freya's most-special flower if I remember my Norse mythology? A little bloom of lovely yellow just surrounded by bursting white petals, like a little explosion of sunshine! My, what a beautiful name you have!"

"I am Snowfall the Kitsune, Messenger of Inari!" he replied with a smile and the most-cordial Japanese bow a little fellow could muster. He would have swished his tail dramatically, but in his human form, he did not have one.

Shaona, tw

As the others seem to slowly gather for the next, inevitable steps, the technowizard stays just a while longer - with the magical strength of her armor still added to her own, a few more floor panels leave their place, starting in the middle of the hall. Just enough of them to get an idea what's below, apart from conduits, and if it's of importance right now; who knows, both buildings might be connected by more than just their architects' names.

Shaona, tw

As the others seem to slowly gather for the next, inevitable steps, the technowizard stays just a while longer - with the magical strength of her armor still added to her own, a few more floor panels leave their place, starting in the middle of the hall. Just enough of them to get an idea what's below, apart from conduits, and if it's of importance right now; who knows, both buildings might be connected by more than just their architects' names.
Exposing more of the equipment here, you can see that the technology behind this is all very advanced. If this is any indication of what the Mechanoids possess, it is clear that they are at least the equal if not more advanced than any other major power on Earth, and that does not count the sheer numbers of soldiers that their motherships can carry. You are certain that you can easily fetch a king's ransom from parts that can be salvaged from this domed chamber alone, not including what wonders may be hiding in the fortress itself.

OOC for Psychie Psychie I presume that you are going to go ahead and cast your spell on Snowfall? Please make sure you mark off the PPE from your character sheet.

Inside the fortress, the corridor you have come into is quite large; over two hundred feet high, easily big enough for the largest mecha that you know of to be able to freely walk with room to spare. The lighting is slightly dimmer and red-tinted, but it is not enough to make normal vision difficult. Strange machinery pokes out of the walls in what seems to be random locations, doing who knows what.

Slowly advancing through the place, you hear the sounds of heavy feet and thrumming engines coming your way.

Initiative rolls!

Initiative roll for Terra
Total MDC 515

PPE: 117 / 17

Tiny

Baby
Main Body 500 MDC
PPE 120

Junior
Main Body 500 MDC
PPE 120

Last edited:
Shaona, tw

Unfamiliar tech of incredible value, both from a technician's and seller's perspective; there'll be the right time for this at some point, but not while the foe itself is still breathing. Or whatever an Overlord does, who knows what exactly these creatures or mech are actually capable of doing - she doesn't. Instead, she turns with a final glance over the machinery, sends a burst of magic into her armor to speed it up once more - and begins to run, following the others, staff in hand and gun on her back. The atlanteans spoke of the foe as a major threat; says a lot, knowing Grad and Terra. Means that there'll be more dangers ahead for everyone who has gathered, maybe even deadlier than nightmarish dragons. Also means that they can count on her, even if she's running late. Could've figured that a dragon sits on a pile of valuable stuff; still worth checking, could've been something else.

OOC: Rejoining the group, so a running technowizard should show up at the fortress entrance soon-ish. Not rolling initiative yet, seems more fitting to arrive late to the fighting, I'd say.

"Kitsune... kitsune... them fox things with the tails, right? Well foxy, you sure do talk pretty. I cant say I dont like that. Flattery gets one many things." She grinned in her helmet.

"Oi oi, but for those who don't take what I say to heart... dont blame me when your ears start bleeding. You ain't got no excuse at this point." Daisy was getting excited now. To finally fo something in this fight. Maybe it was the wolf part of her, but she wanted to break her teeth on the metal throats of her enemies. Futile it may be, but it would feel so good! Alas! No biting from inside the glitter boy! Well. Maybe a little.

A small squeak was heard as she bit down on firm piece of rubber. A little toy to sate just such desire. But in the mean time! Making large holes with pointy slugs and cleaving through hulls with her axe would suit her just fine!

Initiative: 27 (Nat 20)

Coming from a side corridor are five mecha that you have not seen before.

1577636027620.png

There are four of these two-legged mecha. They are 16 feet tall, and are moving quickly. The fifth mecha that you see looks like this:

1577682746092.png

It is much larger than the four walkers, being 30 feet tall and 45 feet long. The only difference from the picture is that it has a box-like assembly sitting on its back.

D. Rex D. Rex is up with Daisy

Current Initiative Order
27 - Daisy <====
19 - Snowfall
17 - Exterminator 1-4
11 - Terra
--Tiny
--Junior
--Baby
9 - Mantis

As the first foot stepped around the corner, she could already tell these were going to be some big thingies! Which worked just fine for her.

In one swift motion, she raised her arm behind her back, depositing the Dragon Stopper, and grabbing the handle of the Everything Stopper. The Boom gun swiveled into place as the group of enemies revealed theirselves in their advance.

The four two leggers... they looked like scouts or hunters. Heavy scouts, but their dish thing wasnt likely for show. The big floaty thing! That looked important. It was a good thing then that her sights were already being trained on it.

Target locked, she pulled the trigger. As the piercing slug was hurled to the floating mecha, the hallway itself channeled the BOOM of the Boom Gun in all its destructive glory right behind it.

Target: Mantis
Strike: 35
Damage: 110

In the enclosed space of the hallway, the roar of the Boom Gun is almost too much for you to take, even with your helmets on. But the results of the blast are undeniable. The flechettes hit with a loud impact that rocks the flyer back and does serious damage.

Purr Purr is up

Current Initiative Order
27 - Daisy [1]
19 - Snowfall <====
17 - Exterminator 1-4
11 - Terra
--Tiny
--Junior
--Baby
9 - Mantis seriously damaged

Perception +8
Strike +12
Damage +16
Parry +14
Roll +17
Maintain Balance +10
Save vs. Magic +10
Save vs. Pain +14

Damage by Weapon Type
See Character Sheet.

"YIIIIP!!"

If the concussion from Daisy's Boom Gun didn't send 98-pound Snowfall flying, then the sound certainly did! Even with helmet and ears now stuffed with gauze, the little Fox Spirit felt himself hurling himself away from the Glitter Boy for that was the loudest sound he had ever heard in all his centuries! It rattled him to his core and excited every nerve in his body. He thought he exclaimed something, but he could hardly hear anything. He immediately wondered how Terra and the others fared.

Snowfall saw the target that Daisy had fired upon. It was big and mechanical and in many ways unknown to Snowfall and he regarded it with every bit of caution, especially that odd "backpack" it was bringing with it. He did not trust it at all. With his Magic Helmet on, a feeling of olden times blew through his spirit and he spoke to his Dragon Rod as he often did when he traveled alone. Reverently, he declared, "Blaster! Tatsu Blaster! I have whipped you out first. You have never failed me and I have always recovered you. I had you from... well... that really ugly oni daimyo who tried to kill us before he realized his fatal mistake with you. If ever you came from the foot of Mount Fuji (and that, if you recall, is exactly where we met!), go now and... er... Keep Whatever's in that Weirdo Mechanoid Box From Opening!!"

From "The Hobbit" or "There and Back Again" (which would make a GREAT team name, don't you think?)
“Arrow! Black arrow! I have saved you to the last. You have never failed me and I have always recovered you. I had you from my father and he from of old. If ever you came from the forges of the true king under the Mountain, go now and speed well!” - J.R.R. Tolkien

Snowfall aimed his beloved Tatsu Blaster at the huge Mechanoid's box and with a soft prayer to Inari, he loosed a Magic Net spell.

full

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back