• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Snowfall's spell launches off and wraps around the box structure on the back of the Mantis. It has not responded yet; it is not yet ready to act.

The four two-legged mecha leap into the fight by opening up with missiles! Each one of the Exterminators target a different foe; one fires at Daisy, and the other three target a different Automation, all four firing six mini missiles. They will all hit unless you attempt to shoot them down; they cannot be dodged.

Psychie Psychie is up, and she has a defense to declare along with D. Rex D. Rex

Current Initiative Order
27 - Daisy [1]
19 - Snowfall [1]
17 - Exterminator 1-4 [1]
11 - Terra <====
--Tiny <====
--Junior <====
--Baby <====
9 - Mantis seriously damaged/Magic Netted

Terra sees the incoming fire from the four walkers aimed at her kids, but instead of trying to stop the missiles from hitting, she counterattacks! Aiming her two Starfire Pulse Cannons from Junior and Baby at Exterminator 1, she has Tiny fire at the damaged Mantis.
Total MDC 515

Number of Attacks: 6
Strike: +9
Parry: +9
Dodge: +9
Roll: +10
Initiative: +4
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Damage: +2

When Piloting Automations
Number of Attacks: 8 / 3 / 1
Strike: +5 (+7 with Sword)
Parry: +6 (+8 with Sword)
Dodge: +2
Roll: +2
Initiative: +5
Damage: +1

Hit Points: 44
SDC: 135
PPE: 117 /
PPE Battery: 50
PPE Battery: 50 / 10

Bonus Points: 8

Tiny
Main Body 1,000 MDC / 880 left
PPE: 200

Baby
Main Body 500 MDC / 410 left
PPE 120
Starfire Pulse Cannon 8 / 5

Junior
Main Body 500 MDC / 380 left
PPE 120
Starfire Pulse Cannon 8 / 5

Last edited:
Since Terra is not taking any defensive actions, the missiles hit. Tiny takes 100 MD, Baby takes 90 MD, and Junior takes 120 MD.

The two Starfire Pulse Cannons roar as one and strike the first of the walkers, doing a lot of damage to it. It is still up and active, but not for long.

D. Rex D. Rex has a defense to declare or be hit.

Current Initiative Order
27 - Daisy [1]
19 - Snowfall [1]
17 - Exterminator 1 [1] critically damaged
17 - Exterminator 2-4 [1]
11 - Terra <====
--Tiny [1]
--Junior [1]
--Baby [1]
9 - Mantis seriously damaged/Magic Netted

As Snowfall glanced at the mantis, a haiku sprang into his mind like a flower in springtime. He murmured.

"Shining steel monster
Your box conceals foul evils
Hold strong, Magic Net!"

The HUD tracked the fast moving targets, her eyes locking onto the marks and her hand instinctively moving the rail gun to line up the crosshairs. She pulled the trigger, to release another shell, and another explosive cacophony of sound.

Shooting down the missiles.
Strike 28

The rail gun booms once more, and it hits one of the six missiles, destroying it instantly. The resulting blast manages to wipe out two more of the incoming volley, but the last three do manage to hit your suit for 60 MD damage.

The Mantis tries to open its launcher on its back, but the Magic Net has the door sealed shut. Instead, it accelerates forward and tries to give Snowfall a mighty power punch. It will hit unless you dodge or parry.

D. Rex D. Rex is up again with your action, and Dannigan Dannigan has a defense to declare.

Current Initiative Order
27 - Daisy [2]
19 - Snowfall [1]
11 - Terra <====
--Tiny [1]
--Junior [1]
--Baby [1]
9 - Mantis seriously damaged/Magic Netted [2]

Snowfall was ecstatic! Once again, his mighty Tatsu Blaster had foiled an evil creature's diabolical plan! "Haaai!" he rejoiced. "Take that! You vile Mechanoids aren't very fond of Japanese magic, now are you? Ha ha-WHOOAAAAAAHH!!"

Somehow, the giant robot had rushed up and gotten into melee range of the Kitsune. Well, if the robot wanted to put its mechanical limb where Snowfall was, who was he to be so rude to get in its way? Snowfall partly-sidestepped, partly-flew upwards using his Tai Chi to remove himself from the danger. If the Mechanoid wanted to catch a Kitsune, by Inari, Snowfall was going to make it for it!

The next round chambered, and there wasnt even time for the pylons to retract before she was already pulling her trigger on the big baddie who was attacking the fox man. He was close! If her suit wasnt hermetically sealed, she'd wager she would get a good wiff of grease and metal right now. She would simply have to enjoy such a scent once these things weren't turned into little chrome nuggets!

Another slug at the mantis!

Target: mantis
Strike: 32
Damage: 190

Snowfall is able to skip aside just in time before the mighty fist smashed into you.

Daisy's next Boom Gun round slams into the Mantis, ripping into its weakened armor. It is badly damaged, and will not survive much longer.

Dannigan Dannigan is up again with Snowfall.

Current Initiative Order
27 - Daisy [3]
19 - Snowfall [1] <====
11 - Terra <====
--Tiny [1]
--Junior [1]
--Baby [1]
9 - Mantis critically damaged/Magic Netted [2]

Perception +8
Initiative +5 (+9 when using W.P. Quick Draw)
Attacks per Round: 6
Strike +12
Damage +16
Parry +14
Dodge +19 (+22 in Fox form)
Roll +17
Maintain Balance +10
Save vs. Magic +10
Save vs. Pain +14
Horror Factor Saving Throws +4

Damage by Weapon Type
See Character Sheet.

Snowfall dodged, flying up and (hopefully) well out of melee range of the thing. But even Kitsune had their limits. Nearly struck, Snowfall suddenly turned and loosed a canine snarl at the Mechanoid (mantis) monster. "'You wanna play rough?! Okay!'" He carefully aimed Tatsu Blaster right at the monster.

"'Say hello to my little friend!'" With that, he pulled the trigger and unleashed a tremendous blast of pure magical lightning at it.

Scarface - Say Hello To My Little Friend (HD)

Sherwood, firing Lightning Blast - 2D4x10 M.D., range 2000 ft (610 m) .

full

Image credit: Pinterest.pt )
STATUS Location: The Mechanoid Main Fortress
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (228/228) Self-P.P.E. (226/278). Power Matrix (--/60 P.P.E.) . Effects Active: Blazing Comet (Mach 5 for 5 [6]hours. 100/120 M.D.). Invulnerability (250/450 M.D. for 35/50 [60]minutes). All-seeing Helm (30 minutes).

You fire the lightning blast at the large mecha, ripping into its weakened armor with a critical strike! It explodes, showering debris across the hall.

Once more the four walkers open up their missile launchers and fire at the group, two aiming at Tiny, one at Daisy, and one up at Snowfall, each launching six mini missiles. They will hit unless you do something.

Psychie Psychie is up, and Dannigan Dannigan and D. Rex D. Rex have defense actions to declare.

Current Initiative Order
27 - Daisy -60 [3]
19 - Snowfall [2]
17 - Exterminator 1 [2] critically damaged
17 - Exterminator 2-4 [2]
11 - Terra <====
--Tiny [1] <====
--Junior [1] <====
--Baby [1] <====

Once more the four walkers open up their missile launchers and fire at the group, two aiming at Tiny, one at Daisy, and one up at Snowfall, each launching six mini missiles. They will hit unless you do something.

We've got to get some chaff and flare dispensers into Daisy's Glitter Boy! =)

Sherwood Sherwood O.K.. I would like to know my options for Snowfall here. Besides single-fire weapons (like the Dragon Rod's Energy Bolt, Fire Ball, and Lightning Blast), what are Snowfall's options?

1. Could I use the Dragon Rod's double-range Wind Rush spell to engulf the volley?
2. Turn intangible (Dodge using his Chi cloud form)?

And... that's all I think my character can do against volleys of missiles except get killed by them...

This time, with the missiles flying in towards Tiny, Terra has Tiny fire its eye beams at the incoming missiles. Then, she targets the damaged Exterminator with the Lightning Blast from the sword, and a shot with the Starfire Pulse Cannons at Exterminator 2.
Total MDC 515

Number of Attacks: 6
Strike: +9
Parry: +9
Dodge: +9
Roll: +10
Initiative: +4
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Damage: +2

When Piloting Automations
Number of Attacks: 8 / 3 / 1
Strike: +5 (+7 with Sword)
Parry: +6 (+8 with Sword)
Dodge: +2
Roll: +2
Initiative: +5
Damage: +1

Hit Points: 44
SDC: 135
PPE: 117 /
PPE Battery: 50
PPE Battery: 50 / 10

Bonus Points: 8

Tiny
Main Body 1,000 MDC / 780 left
PPE: 200

Baby
Main Body 500 MDC / 410 left
PPE 120
Starfire Pulse Cannon 8 / 4

Junior
Main Body 500 MDC / 380 left
PPE 120
Starfire Pulse Cannon 8 / 4

Last edited:
Can I have Terra use her own personal attack to try to target the damaged Exterminator that I missed with Tiny?

We've got to get some chaff and flare dispensers into Daisy's Glitter Boy! =)

Sherwood Sherwood O.K.. I would like to know my options for Snowfall here. Besides single-fire weapons (like the Dragon Rod's Energy Bolt, Fire Ball, and Lightning Blast), what are Snowfall's options?

1. Could I use the Dragon Rod's double-range Wind Rush spell to engulf the volley?
2. Turn intangible (Dodge using his Chi cloud form)?

And... that's all I think my character can do against volleys of missiles except get killed by them...
The Chi Cloud form would work, but it will use up an action due to the activation of the power. You can go solid again afterwards as a free action. You can also attempt a direct fire attack.
Can I have Terra use her own personal attack to try to target the damaged Exterminator that I missed with Tiny?
I'll allow you to try that.

Terra's luck is mixed. While the eye beams hit her target, it only takes out half the missiles, since the attacks were from two different directions. Tiny gets hit for another 100 MD from the other six missiles. Your counterfire with Baby and Junior manage to hit Exterminator 2, but both Tiny and Terra herself miss Exterminator 1.

Dannigan Dannigan do you want to do the Chi Form thing? I just need to confirm your action.
D. Rex D. Rex you have six mini missiles heading at you still.

Current Initiative Order
27 - Daisy -60 [3]
19 - Snowfall [2]
17 - Exterminator 1 [2] critically damaged
17 - Exterminator 2 [2] seriously damaged
17 - Exterminator 3-4 [2]
11 - Terra [1]
--Tiny [3]
--Junior [2]
--Baby [2]

Snowfall cheered at the exploding big Mechanoid but gritted his teeth at the incoming volley of missiles. He channeled his flight ability with his Blazing Comet magic and tried to redirect the volley back at the Mechanoids. Once he was positioned correctly, he turned to the missiles and shouted, "Hey ugly! Missiles aren't really my thing so... you can have 'em back!"

Using his Chi form, he vanished at the last possible moment, becoming an invisible, intangible cloud of pure positive energy. With some fortune, the missiles would pass through him and strike one of the evil robot-things instead!

With speed only possible thanks to your mystic tattoo, Snowfall bolts over and tries to lure the missiles back towards the enemy that launched them. The missiles arc around, and at the last moment, you go intangible and allow them to pass through you and right back into the face of the damaged mecha! The Action Point was the kicker that made this work.

D. Rex D. Rex you have six mini missiles heading at you still, and you are up with your next attack..

Current Initiative Order
27 - Daisy -60 [3] <====
19 - Snowfall [2]
11 - Terra [1]
--Tiny [3]
--Junior [2]
--Baby [2]

Rather than waste a shell this time, Daisy raised her other arm, and threw Dragon Thunderer at the incoming volley of missiles. "Deal with them Axe!" She declared, as it spun dangerously through the air.

Axe throw.

Strike: 33

This time, as the axe flies out, the whole kit-n-caboodle goes up in a massive explosion, putting Daisy in the clear. Daisy still has her attack action to use.

D. Rex D. Rex

Current Initiative Order
27 - Daisy -60 [4] <====
19 - Snowfall [2]
11 - Terra [1]
--Tiny [3]
--Junior [2]
--Baby [2]

Such is why she didnt waste the shell! The boom gun was already being whirred around to meet its next target. One of those Walker things. They fired enough missiles at her already... "Let's see how you like it!"

Target: Exterminator 2
Strike: 24
Damage: 100

Once more, the Boom Gun roars, and despite the efforts of the walker to dodge, the shell rips into it and causes it to explode.

Dannigan Dannigan is up

Current Initiative Order
27 - Daisy -60 [5]
19 - Snowfall [2] <====
11 - Terra [1]
--Tiny [3]
--Junior [2]
--Baby [2]

Perception +8
Initiative +5 (+9 when using W.P. Quick Draw)
Attacks per Round: 6
Strike +12
Damage +16
Parry +14
Dodge +19 (+22 in Fox form)
Roll +17
Maintain Balance +10
Save vs. Magic +10
Save vs. Pain +14
Horror Factor Saving Throws +4

Damage by Weapon Type
See Character Sheet.

Reappearing from his Chi cloud form, Snowfall looked behind him and yipped gleefully at the destruction of the Mechanoid as it was blasted apart by missiles from its own team! That was how one did it! "

"Heeeey Miss Terra? Guuuys?" Snowfall looked about and shouted. "Listen, there's some stuff you reaaally oughta know about the Big Bad we're after here - you know, the Overlord?" Except that in the heat of the combat, the little mystic had forgotten Daisy's Boom Gun had deafened probably everyone except Daisy. And if it hadn't, well, Snowfall was not even certain he could hear at the moment with all that was going on!

So while he waited for an answer he didn't realize he was unlikely to receive, he let go another blast from Tatsu Blaster at one of the Mechanoids.

"Hai!"

Firing Lightning Blast again - 2D4x10 M.D., range 2000 ft (610 m) .

full

Image credit: Pinterest.pt )
STATUS Location: The Mechanoid Main Fortress
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (228/228) Self-P.P.E. (226/278). Power Matrix (--/60 P.P.E.) . Effects Active: Blazing Comet (Mach 5 for 5 [6]hours. 100/120 M.D.). Invulnerability (250/450 M.D. for 35/50 [60]minutes). All-seeing Helm (30 minutes).

This time, the fox spirit is not so lucky with his attack. The Exterminator is able to leap to one side and avoid getting hit by the blast.

Now that their missiles have been expended, both the Exterminators open up with their blasters at Snowfall, but you are under the effects of the Immunity to Energy spell, and the blasts do nothing to you. You can almost feel the level of angst and anger that the two mecha are feeling right now.

Psychie Psychie is up

Current Initiative Order
27 - Daisy -60 [5]
19 - Snowfall [3]
17 - Exterminator 3 [4]
17 - Exterminator 4 [3]
11 - Terra [1]
--Tiny [3] <====
--Junior [2] <====
--Baby [2] <====

Users who are viewing this thread

Back