• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Psychie Psychie Thanks, lady, but unlike Gradicus, my little foxy is a ranged combatant (if he has a choice). Tiny is likely to be a target as well as be closer to melee range than Snowy would like. Edit: Even with the wall, if the Overlord has buddies, I think they are likely to attack the biggest people out here (Zeph and Terra's boys). Snowfall is doing his best to take himself out of that equation while keeping himself in spell/shooting range.

Sherwood Sherwood ? How far back does this corridor go? How much distance can Snowy put between himself and that door?

Reasoning: I'm playing a character with hundreds of years of adventuring experience (if you call making supernatural deliveries all across the Megaverse adventures, which I certainly do!). Psionics (if memory serves) have one big Achilles' Heel and that's range. The more distance you put between yourself and a bad-ass psionicist, the longer he has to take to get to you - and my character has his Blazing Comet tattoo up.

The corridor is 75 feet wide from the door to the back wall, not counting the possible range between the door and the target(s) on the other side.

@Psychie Thanks, lady, but unlike Gradicus, my little foxy is a ranged combatant (if he has a choice). Tiny is likely to be a target as well as be closer to melee range than Snowy would like. Edit: Even with the wall, if the Overlord has buddies, I think they are likely to attack the biggest people out here (Zeph and Terra's boys). Snowfall is doing his best to take himself out of that equation while keeping himself in spell/shooting range.
No skin off of my back. Just trying to help! I can have the spell cast farther back to offer you some additional cover if you'd like. The Earth Thunderers have enough PPE to cast it one more time each.

The corridor is 75 feet wide from the door to the back wall, not counting the possible range between the door and the target(s) on the other side.

O.K. What about the corridor that got us here? How long is that, please?

No skin off of my back. Just trying to help! I can have the spell cast farther back to offer you some additional cover if you'd like. The Earth Thunderers have enough PPE to cast it one more time each.

I was thinking about that but I didn't want to volunteer your magic. I may take you up on that!

O.K. What about the corridor that got us here? How long is that, please?
The corridor you are in is on the outer rim of the fortress, and the door is on the inner wall leading deeper into the place. The corridor you are currently in extends around out of sight. If you are facing the door, the corridor extends off to the left and right around the curve.

O rly? =)

Team? The corridor that extends around out of sight... If we were to beat down the door in melee (Terra's automatons) until it was just about busted in, pull them back around the corner, have Snowfall blast it down and everyone get out of sight around that corner. Then we can nail it when it comes around the corner at a range of our choosing, putting up those magic walls the moment combat takes place. Shoot the Overlord to death instead of being in close where it can trash us.

Reasoning: Because if we attack here, we are not only within all of those aforementioned Super Psionic powers, but we're also within Daisy's Boom Gun Sonic Boom (which deafens everything within 200 feet, if memory serves).

So why play on this jerk's rules when we can make our own?

Daisy will hang in the back then. So long as it's possible to get a shot through those doors.

Just be wary, if she no longer gets an angle on the target, as the room might be massive, she would have take a lot 9f time to move up. As with the sniping debacle of earlier.

Your running speed is pretty respectable; even in a large room, it shouldn't take you that long to move up if you have to.

Once everyone is in position and ready, Terra has her three Automations step forward and raise up their weapons. "Here we go!" As one, they swing on the heavy door and continue the assault until the door is in tatters and is ready to collapse. At that point, she will step back and let Snowfall finish it off with a few well-placed blasts from his Dragon Wand.
Total MDC 515

Number of Attacks: 6
Strike: +9
Parry: +9
Dodge: +9
Roll: +10
Initiative: +4
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Damage: +2

When Piloting Automations
Number of Attacks: 8 / 3 / 1
Strike: +5 (+7 with Sword)
Parry: +6 (+8 with Sword)
Dodge: +2
Roll: +2
Initiative: +5
Damage: +1

Hit Points: 44
SDC: 135
PPE: 117 /
PPE Battery: 50
PPE Battery: 50 / 10

Bonus Points: 8

Tiny
Main Body 1,000 MDC / 780 left
PPE: 200

Baby
Main Body 500 MDC / 410 left
PPE 120
Starfire Pulse Cannon 8 / 4

Junior
Main Body 500 MDC / 380 left
PPE 120

Snowfall flew back to the Mantis and retrieved some recognizable part of it. Then he flew back to the corner and waited until the area was clear and everyone was ready.

Using his Dragon Rod, he blasted the door until it was destroyed. Then he watched and waited carefully.

After three well-placed blasts, a large chunk of the door falls. Immediately, from several large metal figures on the other side of the threshold, laser blasts come flying out! A quick glance shows Snowfall that there is at least three, possibly four targets firing on you. In a flash, three of the large mecha leap out and start to run out on the attack!

This is what the three look like:

1579322376462.png

The three are only fifteen feet tall, but what they lack in size they make up for in speed. They are fast; running after Snowfall at a speed of 90 miles per hour. At this point, it looks like they have not seen the rest of the group hiding around the bend of the corridor.

Lets get some initiative rolls going!

Initiative roll for Terra
Total MDC 515

Damage: +2

When Piloting Automations
Number of Attacks: 8 / 3 / 1
Strike: +5 (+7 with Sword)
Parry: +6 (+8 with Sword)
Dodge: +2
Roll: +2
Initiative: +5
Damage: +1

Hit Points: 44
SDC: 135
PPE: 117 /
PPE Battery: 50
PPE Battery: 50 / 10

Bonus Points: 8

Tiny
Main Body 1,000 MDC / 780 left
PPE: 200

Baby
Main Body 500 MDC / 410 left
PPE 120

Junior
Main Body 500 MDC / 380 left
PPE 120

Leaning against the inner wall, the technowizard watches the plan unfold - not quite as head-on as their actions thus far, more focussed on putting their strengths in effect and keeping their distance. Exposing her mind isn't even needed, which makes this less risky already; leaning against the inner wall, gun in her arms, she gathers her strength within her instead. A mental wall around her thoughts, so to speak, while she listens to the beat of her own heart, her breathing. Things you don't usually recognize, but that become more remarkable if the world around you shrinks; as if those parts of the brain need to find something else to occupy themselves with. Not that she minds - there is a certain tranquility to be found when you notice that nothing's out of control, despite the foes ahead. Of course, the door-shattering blasts and the charging enemies take away some of it - but as she moves, there's a certainty that hasn't been there before.

activating mind block (1h) and enhanced reflexes (12 min) for 14 isp
superhuman speed and strength should still be up, I believe.

Initiative order so far:

22 - Shaona
18 - Snowfall
14 - Daisy
10 - Terra
--Tiny
--Baby
--Junior

Still holding on Rykon Rykon

Last edited:
Roling Initiative.

This is the stat blocks after the spell and power modifiers are accounted for.

Hit Points: 300 (Effectively 600 until Resist Damage expires)
M.D.C.: 540 (Effectively 1080 until Resist Damage expires)
I.S.P.: 112 | 59 spent
P.P.E: 159 | 70 spent
Horror Factor: 21 (23 with extended frills)

IQ: 21 (+7% All skills, +3 Perception)
ME: 31 (+8 vs psionic attacks and +13 vs insanity)
MA: 26 (88% trust/intimidate)
PS: 64 (+49 to damage, 1D6 x 10 MD punch, 2D6 x 10 MD Power Punch)
PP: 33 (+8 to strike, parry, and dodge, +1 initiative)
PE: 35 (35% save vs coma/death, +8 against poison and magic)
PB: 29 (90% to charm/impress)

Weight Capacity: 3200
Lift: 6400 for 35 minutes
Run Speed: 19mph
Flight Speed: 75mph

Number of Attacks: 8
Strike: +13
Parry: +18
Dodge: +18

The three Runners bolt out of the chamber that they were in, all in pursuit of Snowfall. Lucky for him, they were only using energy weapons for their first attacks, doing no damage to you. Snowfall is fairly certain that there was at least one more mecha in the group firing out the door at him, but only three are currently visible.

What do you guys do now?

Silanon Silanon is up with Shaona

Current order
22 - Shaona <====
18 - Snowfall
16 - Runner 1
14 - Daisy
12 - Runner 2
10 - Terra
--Tiny
--Baby
--Junior
8 - Runner 3
3 - Zephiron

Three bursts of shots line up with the movements of whatever those things are - a forth volley, however, lacks that quality, which means that there's more to come within the chamber. Her fingers leave her rifle's trigger, she raises the hand to signals the others to wait. "One more, at least" are Shaona's whispered words, using the comms to let the others know. Then, her hand produces a small object from one of her belt's pockets. A mirror, battered from all the things it's seen over the years. The insides of machines, a litter of cats in a hole, the green of her hair more often than her own face; little time for fashion if you're always running, fighting or taking stuff apart. Her hair's true color, actually; when it's time to redye before it begins to look silly...

Anyways - an Earth-threatening foe is not on the list yet, unless she counts herself; that might change as she reaches out, adjusting the positioning to get a glance at what's behind the blasted doors. Ready to jump back at any moment, she moves towards the steely remains of the entry, little by little until something of interest can be spotted; get a glimpse at what's inside, before the element of surprise is wasted on these three robotic minions alone.

Using her mirror, Shaona is able to peek into the hall and you can spot several mecha and vehicles inside a massive chamber. First off, standing right inside the doorway is another one of the Runners that went chasing after Snowfall, but further in you can spot six Thin Men, four Brains, an Exterminator, and a large mecha that is roughly forty feet tall that is hovering up towards the ceiling, with massive cables attached to its back. The large mecha looks like this:

1579928341836.png

There is the possibility that there are other targets inside the chamber that is out of your line of sight, but that would be sheer guesswork on your part.

Purr Purr

Snowfall is on the move, with three of the Runners hot on your heels, lighting up the corridor with laser blasts as they fire on you. What are you doing as you go?

A short look back to where the others stand, her thumb points towards the door. "More of what we've seen thus far, a dozen at least. Plus some huge, hovering mecha, not sure if that's the one we're here for." She relays the more specific numbers, though they might not matter too much - the blasted door leaves them in a place where no option feels quite right. "Gotta take care of the runners, but they'll notice."

Terra replies, "Thanks for the intel. We'll have no big trouble taking these guys down. Zephiron, between you and me, we have armor to spare. My only concern is that I don't have a lot of ranged weapon options for taking out that hovering mecha you saw. Only Tiny has a ranged attack that doesn't run out of juice; the Starfire Pulse Cannons are slow to cycle back up. I can have Baby and Junior start to work on clearing out the ground-based targets while Tiny hammers the flyer with his lightning bolts. Zeph? Shaona? What targets are you guys comfortable taking on? We need to have a good plan of attack before going in."

Snowfall went with the plan - distract and guide the leading force away from the main force. He led the runners a merry chase as he looked around for the last place he saw allies (besides heading back to Terra's teammates). As he played bait, he shot of a lightning blast at the least aggressive of the runners in an attempt to further lead them on.

While he did this, he taunted them (they had to speak English, didn't they?). "Wow! I've seen some stupid grunts before, but you guys take the cake! Did you guys come to this world stupid or were you just made that way? I'm betting the latter! That's a word dumb guys like you aren't important enough to know. See, you need a vocabulary but you don't have one because you're really that S-T-U-P-I-D! Have you learned how to spell yet or did you flunk that class too?"

"I can fire for effectively as much as we need without slowdown. A well placed shot or two and I'm sure I can take out that cannon on the head." Daisy suggested. "Either that or I help the fox man."

"Can deal with most things that might focus on me; just let me fill in wherever I'm needed. If nothing else happens, I'll focus on the minions - doubt my gun will get much done against the huge foes. Could help out our friend, too, means another friend with us sooner."

Terra grins. "Ok, lets dish out some hurt on these Dbee bastards. Everyone ready? Lets go!"

Assuming that no one has any objections, she directs her three Automations out on a charge around the bend to make a quick strike against the rear of the three Runners (on my initiative, of course!)

Edited for my derpiness.
Total MDC 515