• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Terra looks at the Glitter Boy pilot and says very matter of factly, "Well, in that case, we will just render any and all of these Mechanoids as dead as we have to in order to keep ourselves safe. Lets make tracks."

Sense Psychic and Magic Energy: Basically identical to the Psi-Stalker, although not quite as developed. Like a bloodhound smelling a familiar scent, the Psi-Hound can detect the presence of psychic energy; specifically fellow psychics (I.S.P.) and magic energy (P.P.E. used in spell casting, in magic devices and the large energy reserves in practitioners and creatures of magic; 80 or more points). The ability is constant and automatic, just like the ability to see and smell. Dog Boys can sense whenever a psionic ability is used within the range of sensitivity. If the energy is being continually expended, like a series of magic or psionic attacks, or is of a duration/effect longer than one melee round (15 seconds), the Dog Boy can trace it to the source (i.e. the character or creature using the psionics or magic) with relative ease. Several psionic or magic characters using their powers in the same general area will also lead the canine to that location, but he will not be able to discern and remember (recognize) any of their psychic scents at a later time. Several psionic or magic characters using their powers over a large, scattered area of the Dog Boy's sensing range will confuse the senses. The mutant canine will be able to tell that there are several emanations and have a fair idea of which direction most are located, but will only be able to accurately follow the most powerful emanations of psychic energy. Base Skill: 40% +5% per level of experience (roll once every melee round). Reduce by half when multiple sources are scattered throughout the sensing range.

Range: Sensitivity to psionic and magic powers in use is 400 feet (122 m) +50 feet (15 m) per level of experience. Roll percentile dice every 1 000 feet (305 m) to see if the hunter is still on the trail. A failed roll means the scent is lost. Sensitivity to a fellow psychic or magic practitioner not using his powers is 50 feet ( 1 5.2 m) +5 feet (1.5 m) per level of experience.

I.S.P.: None, automatic ability

Sense Supernatural Beings: Identical in basic function and principle to the ability Sense Psychic and Magic Energy, described in number one, above, except the mutant dog is much more sensitive to the very distinctive psychic scent of the supernatural. Base Skill: 62% +2% per level of experience to identify the specific type/race of supernatural beings, such as alien intelligences, gods, demigods, demons, and vampires, as well as creatures of magic such as Faeries and dragons. Dog Boys can feel - almost taste - magic in the air. This means they can recognize practitioners and creatures of magic by the large amount of P.P.E. they possess, regardless of how the enemy may disguise himself. Likewise, they can sense the magical power supply or energy reserve in many magic items, including amulets, talismans and Techno-Wizard items. Dog Boys can also sense the location of invisible wizards or creatures of magic, as well as tell if they are approaching a ley line. This ability can also detect whether a mortal is possessed by a supernatural being. Base Skill at Tracking by Scent: 35% +5% per level of experience when the creature is not using magic or psionic powers or the creature has little or no magic powers or psionics like a Brodkil or Gargoyle and most sub-demons. A whopping 70% +3% per level of experience when a supernatural being is using psionic powers or magic, and when the being is a Demon Lord, Alien Intelligence, god or dragon, because they possess so much magic energy (hundreds or thousands of P.P.E. points) that the Dog Boy can track them with ease even when they are not casting magic. Range: 100 feet (30.5 m) per level of experience; increase to 1000 feet (305 m) +100 feet per level of experience to track when magic is in use/being cast. The range is a tremendous 1000 feet (305 m) per level of experience to sense and track Demon Lords, gods and other inhuman beings powerful with magic and/or psionics whether they are using magic or not.
Duration: Automatic and constant.
I.S.P. : None, automatic.

Tracking
Skill(Normal): 75% (+5%)
Skill(Casting): 98% (+3%)
Skill(Superpotents): Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy
Range(Normal): 600ft (100ft lvl)
Range(Casting): 1600ft (100ft lvl)
Range(Superpotents): 6000ft (1000ft lvl)

NOTE: If we are on a leyline, it wont be too well for Daisy. Doggos no like leylines.

Casting it. Will let you decide degree of success.

D. Rex D. Rex The ley line nexus that is nearby is making things difficult for you to sniff out any exact locations on the Overlord or its other minions, but there is a definite feeling that there is a powerful psychic force not far from you. If you can get closer, you might be able to get some better idea of is location.

Daisy took a big sniff and... let out a massive sneeze. Getting spittle and dog boogers all over the screen in front of her.

"Conflabbed leylines." Daisy grumbled with a audible sniffle.

"Its close though, the Overlord. So we are on the right track."

She hated sneezing in her suit... anything but a perfectly clean screen was annoying. But at least she had a long tongue, which she used to lick the screen clean. Good enough! Albeit with a few streaks left behind.

Gesundheit, Daisy!" Snowfall replied in what little German he knew. "Maybe those of you lucky enough to have that psionic power they call Mind Block want it up before we meet the Big Bad?"

Terra looks at Snowfall. "Well, other than my natural stubbornness, I lack that power. With any luck, the big baddie out there will be too busy with my kids here to worry about little ol' me. Lets get moving!"

Daisy shook her head. "No, thank you. For me losing such a connection would be like one of yall going deaf. It's an ingrained sense."

"And no offense, but I'm not the biggest fan of thinks being casted on me. It's a bias I havent grown out of yet." She said. Though... the invulnerability and energy defense thing was a but of an exception. It effected the A.C.E. Special and not her personally.

With time passing, you are reminded that there is a limited duration to the Immunity to Energy spells that have been cast, so you once more begin to move forward. Ahead of you, you all can hear the sounds of metal on metal scraping and thumping, giving you the thought that there are more targets coming up. But at the moment, you see nothing hostile.

There is a massive sealed blast door about five hundred feet away from you down the corridor. As you get closer, Daisy's nose begins to twitch, signaling to her that the psychic presence you sniffed out is beyond that door.

Purple elephant. Purple Elephant. She chanted inside her head as her nose began to twitch to keep herself from sneezing again. "Its got to be through those big doors. Its gotta be. Even so close to the ley lines I can sense its presence."

"Despite the issue of needing to get through those doors... anything we need to ready up?" She asked as she brought her Boom gun to ready position.

Terra gives the Glitter Boy pilot a grin. "The energy protection spell I put up is still running, so I'm still good to tangle with the bad guys. Lets see how we can open this door." She turns her attention to the door, looking for a way to get past it without having to hack the damn thing down.

Walking towards the door, she used Dragon Thunderer to cast invulnerability on herself. "We could try knocking. I'm sure they are just as eager to kill us as we are to kill them."

"Oh yes... I can buff someone myself if need be. I have two charges left."

Casting invulnerability on herself. And any others who wish it.

Perception +8
Initiative +5 (+9 when using W.P. Quick Draw)
Attacks per Round: 6
Strike +12
Damage +16
Parry +14
Dodge +19 (+22 in Fox form)
Roll +17
Maintain Balance +10
Save vs. Magic +10
Save vs. Pain +14
Horror Factor Saving Throws +4

Damage by Weapon Type
See Character Sheet.

"No, thank you," he replied to Daisy.

"Hmm..." Snowfall examined the door and the surrounding area thoroughly for any clues of how to enter the sealed door.

full

Image credit: Pinterest.pt )
STATUS Location: The Mechanoid Main Fortress
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (228/228) Self-P.P.E. (226/278). Power Matrix (--/60 P.P.E.) . Effects Active: Blazing Comet (Mach 5 for 5 [6]hours. 100/120 M.D.). Invulnerability (250/450 M.D. for 35/50 [60]minutes). All-seeing Helm (30 minutes). Immunity to Energy (Terra's duration).

As you look at the door, it does not appear to have any kind of controls that you might use to open it. Terra can also recall that the door that she hacked her way through also didn't have any controls, but there must be a way for you to open it up. You'll either have to blast your way through it, knock politely and hope someone opens it, or see if Shaona can use her telemechanics to trigger whatever mechanism that lies inside it to function.

"Hmm!" Snowfall rubbed his chin. For the sheer heck of it, he flew up and knocked on the door. "Hellooooooo? It's uuuuus! Can the Overlord come out and play?" Then he flew back to Terra and the others. "Miss Terra? I don't see any other way in besides force."

Snowfall isn't bringing up Shaona's telemechanics because he has no idea she has it, much less who she is. Keepin' it real! =)

Terra looks up at the heavy door and says, "Possibly. There may be another option, though. Shaona? You have some talent with machines. Do you think that you can get this thing open, or should I start to make a hole?"

Silanon Silanon

Shaona, tw

Not that hard to find the group - she does know roughly where to look, after all, and the rest is just following the roaring thunder that only a few guns can ever bring about. Catching up without wings to carry you, though - rather hard, given the pace they're setting. Can't have taken much time to dispatch those foes, maybe a dozen seconds, at most; but that's just Glitterboys for you, she reckons, they're famous for a very good reason.

"Gimme a sec." Her response to Terra, answering the question; hard to say anything from too far away. She enters the corridor the others took, glances over the first impression what a 'hole' might look like, Terra's entrypoint into the building, more precisely the door - risky to do, if something's on the other side. As risky as leaving your mind unprotected against the foes at hand? Who knows, but she's rarely been afraid of taking gambles and the bloody dragon is already dealt with, for now. She trots past those who've stayed farther behind, passes the overcome foes on her way downwards; one hand skims over the steely remains of what doesn't look like defenseless threats; to the contrary, those things might have done serious damage, given the chance. Maybe even did - the door's her focus, not the damage taken. "Could give it a try - better be ready though. Who knows what's on the other side." That newcomer is here as well - only got a glimpse at him, back then. Not that this is the time to stare, now; a short look over, a nod, the hint of a smile before it vanished behind a mask of pure concentration. "Everyone prepared? I'll try to open it for just a second, at first. Can't shield myself while reaching out, so maybe point a gun at me, just in case." The latter - mostly a joke, but who knows. Might actually be the right call, after all. She spits out, like a challenge for those on the other side.

Then, when everyone's ready, her mind reaches out, more focused than it's ever been before. Trying to open that door within reach, get a glimpse, close the door right after. Then open it a second time, for real, after everyone has adjusted to what's beyond. That's her plan at least, who knows what'll happen. Who knows what she'll find, or what's waiting for them.

Once everyone's ready (that's the important part, don't want to surprise our team by opening the door), I'd like to use Telemechanic Mental Operation to get that thing open as described. You tell me what goes horribly wrong =)

Ok, I need to know where everyone is located in relation to the door. Shaona is off to the left at the wall where she thinks the mechanism is located. What about the rest of you?

Rykon Rykon Psychie Psychie Purr Purr

Snowfall is as far away from that door as he can be while still being in shooting range. He's behind a corner if he can find one, using as much cover and concealment as he can find, with at least two exits out if he can manage it.

Zephiron is up front waiting, ready to respond to any psychic assault with his own abilities. Invulnerability should still be on if he can maintain it in relation to the nexus.

The hallway is a slight curve along the outer wall, and the heavy door that Daisy senses the powerful psychic presence behind it is on the inner wall, so it would form a 'T'. In the hall, there is little cover other than being on the sides of the door. To give you a better idea of the location, the corridor you are in is 150 feet high, and is 75 feet wide.

Terra will continue to ride on Tiny, standing above/behind Zephiron, with Junior and Baby on either side of Zeph.

Since there is little cover, Purr Purr you can use Tiny as a bit of a barrier if you want.

Wait. I will have the two Earth Thunderers cast Wall of Defense in front of them. It is a magic barrier that stops everything thrown at it. That will give us some added protection.

Here is the description:
By casting this spell, the mage summons into being a small, shimmering wall of magical energy (semi-opaque; only shadowy forms can be seen moving behind it). The wall is so thin as to be nearly two dimensional (the thickness of a sheet of paper), stands 10 feet (3 m) tall, and six feet (1.8 m) long, plus six feet (1.8 m) in length per level of the spell caster. The magical wall will stop all incoming "attacks," including thrown rocks, arrows, bullets, missiles, energy blasts and spells! All projectiles are stopped in their tracks, suspended in midair. When the spell ends, they fall harmlessly to the ground. Explosives (grenades, missiles, etc.) are stopped and held by the wall and will not explode until the wall vanishes and even then, most, 01-65%, will simply fall harmlessly to the ground without detonation (roll percentile dice; a roll of 66-00% means it will explode when the magic ends). Energy blasts are dispelled completely, as are magic forces meant to pass through the wall. Living beings who touch or try to pass through the magic wall will be held frozen in mid-step (leap, flight, whatever) until the magic ends.
Note: The magical defenses work the same on both sides of the wall, so even the mage who created it can not send magic or weapons through it. He must move around the wall to launch additional attacks. Also note that airborne enemies can easily fly above and over the wall to attack, but this magical defense is excellent in confined areas and against ground troops.

Total MDC 515

Number of Attacks: 6
Strike: +9
Parry: +9
Dodge: +9
Roll: +10
Initiative: +4
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Damage: +2