News & Updates Real Time Update

Hey All,

One of the site's most popular and yet inconsistent features is the fact that when someone replies to something, the post comes in a few seconds later without having to refresh the page. This feature is powered by an old plugin that we've been looking at replacing for a long time now, and we've finally succeeded. Replies to threads should be in real time currently now, as we've swapped to a new real-time system that handles it for us.

As part of this update, the following has appeared:

Screenshot_20230520_205001.png

You'll be able to see when someone is typing in real time at the bottom of the thread. This update also comes with real-time alerts.

Note: Private Messages will receive this update in the foreseeable future.

If you have any questions or concerns, or just want to see it in action, feel free to type here :)!

oh shoot! that’s super cool!

Hmm yes, exactly what we need, a better and faster way to grow the size of the post table. This is fine!

Ghan-05-20-23_20:41:52.png

Yes, milord

Take advantage of how many people are viewing this thread and post a recruitment page- the invasive thoughts-

Ya it’s just doing this all day View attachment 1088138
Those aren't related to RpN.

Hmm. I just realized, it continues to update posts in real time even if you're not on the latest page. That may make chronology confusing for people who are reading past posts, like to catch up and stuff
I've seen that happen before this, too. Just need to refresh if things aren't making sense.

This will make the counting game a lot more interesting
We'll just have to type really fast! ^D^

Those aren't related to RpN.

I've seen that happen before this, too. Just need to refresh if things aren't making sense.

We'll just have to type really fast! ^D^
I never said it was related to rpnation- I was just wondering if anyone knew what it meant-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back