News & Updates Real Time Update

Hey All,

One of the site's most popular and yet inconsistent features is the fact that when someone replies to something, the post comes in a few seconds later without having to refresh the page. This feature is powered by an old plugin that we've been looking at replacing for a long time now, and we've finally succeeded. Replies to threads should be in real time currently now, as we've swapped to a new real-time system that handles it for us.

As part of this update, the following has appeared:

Screenshot_20230520_205001.png

You'll be able to see when someone is typing in real time at the bottom of the thread. This update also comes with real-time alerts.

Note: Private Messages will receive this update in the foreseeable future.

If you have any questions or concerns, or just want to see it in action, feel free to type here :)!

So... do we have anyone in RP Nation named "No one?" Because if we do, they'll ALWAYS be typing! 8D
Cat Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Hmm. I just realized, it continues to update posts in real time even if you're not on the latest page. That may make chronology confusing for people who are reading past posts, like to catch up and stuff

I know this is off topic but does anyone know what the unhealthy air notification from the weathers app is about??? Does that mean imma suffocate??

Hmm. I just realized, it continues to update posts in real time even if you're not on the latest page. That may make chronology confusing for people who are reading past posts, like to catch up and stuff
Huh! Maybe they'll have to refresh (F5) the page?

KAkskdkdkdkfdkfkdjd I was so confused when I saw the (no one is currently typing) above the reply box when I turned on my phone, then I get the notification for this page around 10mins after

Huh! Maybe they'll have to refresh (F5) the page?
Even then it'll still display any new posts made after you refresh. And you might not even notice that you're now reading current posts rather than past ones at first

Interesting, I mean I did see a prompt asking me to refresh the page after a while from xenforo. So, I think that's covered tbh.

I know this is off topic but does anyone know what the unhealthy air notification from the weathers app is about??? Does that mean imma suffocate??
RP Nation doesn't have a weather app. So... no clue and I hope you don't live near Alberta, Canada (where the air really is bad due to the fires).

Is it possible to make your username "I see you guest" and type on random threads to fuck with people

Users who are viewing this thread

Back