News & Updates Real Time Update

Hey All,

One of the site's most popular and yet inconsistent features is the fact that when someone replies to something, the post comes in a few seconds later without having to refresh the page. This feature is powered by an old plugin that we've been looking at replacing for a long time now, and we've finally succeeded. Replies to threads should be in real time currently now, as we've swapped to a new real-time system that handles it for us.

As part of this update, the following has appeared:

Screenshot_20230520_205001.png

You'll be able to see when someone is typing in real time at the bottom of the thread. This update also comes with real-time alerts.

Note: Private Messages will receive this update in the foreseeable future.

If you have any questions or concerns, or just want to see it in action, feel free to type here :)!

This is cool af

Rekai Leon Rekai Leon I just saw my favorite Rekai Leon typing! Keep typing, Rekai Leon! I wanna know what you hafta say! 8D

The Kid Mero What GIF by Desus & Mero

So many people are gonna get called out like this now.
"I saw you almost post suchansuch keep going!"

So many people are gonna get called out like this now.
"I saw you almost post suchansuch keep going!"

I mean, thats what invisible/offline status are for. Will be tweaked to respect that sometime soon.

I don't think I'm going to get any sleep tonight because I'm going to be watching to see whose typing!

It's wonderful DWiz rainbow-magic at work! 8D And... probably Good ol' Ghan Ghan in there too. =)
Everyone knows Ghan Ghan is the wizard behind the wizard

Did you not know that everyone staff member is just an alt of Ghan Ghan , including my self.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back