• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Prophecy - Percy Jackson Roleplay

Currently, we have the following characters submitted. Keep in mind that these aren't necessarily the characters that will be involved, just the ones submitted.

Camp Jupiter:
Jacob Lincoln - Mars - Male
Kariah-Belle Duncan - Mars - Female

Camp Half-Blood
Gavin Cristanios - Demeter - Male
Elena James - Apollo - Female
Violet Evslin - Apollo - Female
Tyler Harrison - Hecate - Male

We need more Roman demigods, because we're keeping the quests even. At this rate, we'd only be able to accept two of the Greek demigods, and that'd be a bit lacking.

I'm sure he'll be wonderful! I'm making a female, a younger one since everyone is in the older ranges, to try to balance out the genders a bit more, but we almost have enough to get started, and CtrlAltDelicious CtrlAltDelicious and I are almost done making the prophecy.

I have the idea in my head of what he's going to be. Typing it out and finding a power to suit him will be the real challenge. XD

I have the idea in my head of what he's going to be. Typing it out and finding a power to suit him will be the real challenge. XD
Well, as usual, if you need/want any help at all, or just feedback, I got your back. Do you have any idea how old he's going to be?

Well, as usual, if you need/want any help at all, or just feedback, I got your back. Do you have any idea how old he's going to be?

I was thinking around the same age as Violet, possibly younger. So maybe 16-17? I know he's going to be a son of Mercury, and that's where the powers gets tricky. His personality will be similar to a Hermes kid but with the added bonus of being a Roman demigod and therefore a more "serious" trickster XD

I was thinking around the same age as Violet, possibly younger. So maybe 16-17? I know he's going to be a son of Mercury, and that's where the powers gets tricky. His personality will be similar to a Hermes kid but with the added bonus of being a Roman demigod and therefore a more "serious" trickster XD
Well, the downside of doing a Hermes/Mercury character is they don't really HAVE and real powers. They're a bit more agile, faster, and more athletic than most other campers, and they've got the whole pranking/trickster thing going on, but there aren't any real powers, which blows. You could make it so he tones things down a bit from the usual Hermes pranks, theirs can cause serious harm, whereas your guy keeps things minor? I don't know, they didn't really talk much about Mercury kids at Camp Jupiter.

They quoted Mercury demigods once, talking with their Hermes counterparts about boasting about all the stuff they've stolen and pranks they've done.

They quoted Mercury demigods once, talking with their Hermes counterparts about boasting about all the stuff they've stolen and pranks they've done.
Yea, but they don't mention any Hermes or Mercury powers really at all in either series, and according to the wiki, they just don't... Have any. They jsut have different personality things on their father's side.

True, true.

I just think that their powers are really subtle. Like, they can steal things from under people's noses or commit subterfuge so subtly that no one would notice it was tampered with. It's rather saddening that they didn't get much of the spotlight since they have little screentime.

Well, the downside of doing a Hermes/Mercury character is they don't really HAVE and real powers. They're a bit more agile, faster, and more athletic than most other campers, and they've got the whole pranking/trickster thing going on, but there aren't any real powers, which blows. You could make it so he tones things down a bit from the usual Hermes pranks, theirs can cause serious harm, whereas your guy keeps things minor? I don't know, they didn't really talk much about Mercury kids at Camp Jupiter.

Yeah, that's why it's so hard. But I had to make a thief
On the wiki it only said something about sensing and picking locks, which may end up being the only power I got. Unless giving him flying shoes is okay?

I have an Idea to make a Roman child of Terminus if that's okay. Or fortuna, but either way could someone help me figure out the powers of the children because the wiki doesn't say as far as I know

I have an Idea to make a Roman child of Terminus if that's okay. Or fortuna, but either way could someone help me figure out the powers of the children because the wiki doesn't say as far as I know
Now, this is a biology question, but can a statue have babies?

I like that idea, though, I'll definitely help you look.

Yeah, that's why it's so hard. But I had to make a thief
On the wiki it only said something about sensing and picking locks, which may end up being the only power I got. Unless giving him flying shoes is okay?
You can give him flying shoes, since that's an object more than a power. Just make sure the altitude stays realistic, and he probably wouldn't be able to zoom around with any passengers. Keep in mind, though, that if they're stolen, damaged, or tampered with, he'd be down a distinct disadvantage.

Yea, but they don't mention any Hermes or Mercury powers really at all in either series, and according to the wiki, they just don't... Have any. They jsut have different personality things on their father's side.
I think you're mistaking "powers that didn't have a measurable impact on the story" for "no powers". Hermes and Mercury kids have a propensity towards thievery, athletics and stealth. Not flashy powers, but you can still achieve lot of things without being able to shoot lightning, control water or throw fireballs or whatever. The Stoll brothers are constantly getting up to all sorts of mischief. How do you think they do that? It comes naturally to them, because that's their power.

I think you're mistaking "powers that didn't have a measurable impact on the story" for "no powers". Hermes and Mercury kids have a propensity towards thievery, athletics and stealth. Not flashy powers, but you can still achieve lot of things without being able to shoot lightning, control water or throw fireballs for whatever. The Stoll brothers are constantly getting up to all sorts of mischief. How do you think they do that? It comes naturally to them, because that's their power.
Hence why I said personality things more than real 'powers.' Me personally, when I think of godly powers, I think godly. Not necessarily lightning or fire, but obvious powers nonetheless. Picking locks and pulling pranks, I'm not saying that's not a useful trait to have, and it's definitely because of their godly parent, but I just consider that to be more of a trait than a power.

Now, this is a biology question, but can a statue have babies?

I like that idea, though, I'll definitely help you look.

You can give him flying shoes, since that's an object more than a power. Just make sure the altitude stays realistic, and he probably wouldn't be able to zoom around with any passengers. Keep in mind, though, that if they're stolen, damaged, or tampered with, he'd be down a distinct disadvantage.
Lol well a statue is only one of his forms right? Like other Gods he can transform. If nothing's said in the wiki I could make some myself, which aren't op and mostly involve rocks lol.

Lol well a statue is only one of his forms right? Like other Gods he can transform. If nothing's said in the wiki I could make some myself, which aren't op and mostly involve rocks lol.
Yea, wiki has powers for him, but they're pretty specific to guarding New Rome. I'm sure he can transform, I was just enjoying the thought of a statue trying to get it on with some poor girl.

I'd try to make some up. Just be careful with the elemental powers, because that's a big part of this roleplay, so I'm trying to avoid them as much as possible.

Yea, wiki has powers for him, but they're pretty specific to guarding New Rome. I'm sure he can transform, I was just enjoying the thought of a statue trying to get it on with some poor girl.

I'd try to make some up. Just be careful with the elemental powers, because that's a big part of this roleplay, so I'm trying to avoid them as much as possible.

Lol true XD, and the powers have nothing involving the control of rocks, more like he/she throws rocks around or within a certain area to protect it. A good example would if the demigod threw the rocks around themselves no weapons, monsters, and whatever can go in unless he/she grants it. And they can teleport to any of the rocks like their father teleports but only if the rock is set. I'm also gonna say blessed rocks or items idk lol. Or maybe they could turn objects into stone/ rocks and then that makes a barrier temporarily lol. Idk about attacks tho. Could like a projectile go through? That's about it for abilities tho lol

Lol true XD, and the powers have nothing involving the control of rocks, more like he/she throws rocks around or within a certain area to protect it. A good example would if the demigod threw the rocks around themselves no weapons, monsters, and whatever can go in unless he/she grants it. And they can teleport to any of the rocks like their father teleports but only if the rock is set. I'm also gonna say blessed rocks or items idk lol. Or maybe they could turn objects into stone/ rocks and then that makes a barrier temporarily lol. Idk about attacks tho. Could like a projectile go through? That's about it for abilities tho lol
You'd have to have some drawbacks to that. How large could the shield be? How many could it protect? And it has to have some way to fail, maybe he can only hold it for a few seconds, maybe it can only withstand so much damage. Something, otherwise he'd just be sitting there, invincible. And I'm going to have to say no teleportation, it's a bit too OP.

You'd have to have some drawbacks to that. How large could the shield be? How many could it protect? And it has to have some way to fail, maybe he can only hold it for a few seconds, maybe it can only withstand so much damage. Something, otherwise he'd just be sitting there, invincible. And I'm going to have to say no teleportation, it's a bit too OP.

Yeah true. But hmm, I'll go with it could only withstand so much before giving out, but still not allowing other weapons and such in. It'll only just allowing projectiles in lol.

Yeah true. But hmm, I'll go with it could only withstand so much before giving out, but still not allowing other weapons and such in. It'll only just allowing projectiles in lol.
Once it gives out, you'd think that it'd let anything in, or am I misreading that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back