• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Prophecy - Percy Jackson Roleplay

Dark Serenity

Resident Drama Queen
The Prophecy

For the sake of this roleplay, let one thing be clear.

There are no canon characters.

This is a roleplay of only original characters, a group from 4-8 of which are on a quest. What's the quest, you may ask? Well, that's an excellent question.

Here's a vague plotline, because I haven't thought through the details yet.

For one, in this roleplay, at least at the start, the two camps, Greek and Roman, have no knowledge of each other. Why's that? Because there are no canon characters, they never existed. Percy wasn't around to bring them together, Annabeth didn't exist to go looking for him, Jason never went missing because he was never alive. So they never met. Kronos never rose, his mother never tried to destroy the world, so on and so forth.

But that doesn't mean that all is peaceful. No, quite the opposite.

It's been happening for months, something that people always take for granted - the weather. Sure, the Gulf Coast occasionally has some hurricanes, but what if they happened almost weekly, some minor, some disasters? What if earthquakes shook the globe constantly, causing destruction and injury without fail? What if storms raged endlessly, so powerfully that even Camp Half-Blood's border can't keep them out? Of course, mortal weathermen will just blame air currents and other nonsense, but the demigods know the truth.

Something's happened. You don't quite know what, but something, to the gods relating to weather. To Boreas, to Aeolus, to Poseidon and Zeus, to Zephyrus and all the others. Of course, many of the wind gods simply answered to Aeolus, and followed his anger, but what caused it? The answer is simpler than you may think.

Items were stolen. Not just one, but many of the more powerful gods' weapons and symbols were whisked away. Why? Likely to start a war. After all, what better way to cause destruction than make the very earth shake with ancient rage, than to make floods and fires coexist seamlessly, to kill thousands every day in freak 'accidents?'

In the end, only one thing is necessary to know. A prophecy has been given, and the demigods must follow the call and end the ceaseless death and panic spreading around the world.

Okay. So that's the backstory, I know it does have some similarities to the books, mostly the first with the stolen items. Items such as Aeolus' bag of winds, Zeus' lightning bolt, Poseidon's trident, and half a dozen other catastrophically dangerous things. Who stole them? Why did they steal them? Well, that's for us to discover.

First thing's first, the characters. In the beginning of the roleplay, it will be split between the two camps, and I'd like the character count to be even from both, so about 2-5 from each camp. They'll both get the same prophecy at the same time - the Greeks from the Oracle and the Romans from their Augury - and both start at the same place, where the bad weather started. You guessed it, or probably not, Canada. The home of Boreas. After all, it definitely should not be snowing in Mississippi, particularly in June, right? From Boreas, they'll get some information, but for the most part, it'll be half investigative and half fighting in the roleplay. Romance? Go for it if you want, but don't make your posts filled with sappy gross stuff, it's just supposed to be a sideplot.

If I get any interest, which I hope I do, I'll post a character thread. I'm putting a limit at twelve characters in all, six from each camp. If we get any more entries than that, I'll pick the characters that I think work the best with the plot and the other campers, and I reserve the right to deny anyone if I don't think their character would work for this. I'd also like the genders to be relatively even. It doesn't have to be six/six, but keep it close.

Rules:

I'd rather we didn't do any children of the weather-type gods, including Poseidon and Zeus, or any titans, primordial gods, any of that. I'm deciding whether or not I'll allow any death demigods, like children of Thanatos or Hades, but probably not, just too overpowered. And no Nike kids.

On that note, keep in mind that this is a group roleplay. I don't want your character to be incredibly powerful, and I definitely want them all to have real, crippling weaknesses. I want them to be normal, as normal as demigods can be. So no incredibly powerful, charming, skilled, impossible-to-kill people, okay? Okay.

You can do the romance thing, just keep it to a sideplot, not a dominating feature. Make sure that you abide site rules, and don't do anything that your writing buddy isn't comfortable with. Don't God-Mod, don't Meta-Game, don't make Mary/Gary-Sues.

No arguments in OOC, keep it to PM's.

At least a good-sized paragraph per response, guys. That isn't a lot, I hope.

Maximum of two characters per person, and if you do two, it has to be one per camp, to keep it even. I ask that you make a male and a female if you go for two, but it's not required.

Use common sense. If you aren't sure of anything, ask.

Also, if anyone wants to kind of Co-GM this, let me know. I haven't written the prophecy itself yet, but if this gets interest, and you want to help, PM me, and we can brainstorm it.

Hopefully, I'll hear from a couple people.

Last edited:
I think for this one, I'm going to say no. I'd rather avoid any God who has major ties to weather, even if it's an aspect thing.

Dang, I had a Boreas kid waiting to be used, but since it's not allowed I'll think up of another one.

Hm...

Maybe a child of Hecate then. It'd be cool to use their little bag of magic tricks.

I think I'm going to succumb to my PJO weakness and express interest.
Would it be alright if I brought in a child of Apollo and.... well, I will make another one, but whether they'll be Greek or Roman remains to be seen

I’d love to be a part of this! Is it possible to have a character who’s the daughter of Eros?
I think I'm going to succumb to my PJO weakness and express interest.
Would it be alright if I brought in a child of Apollo and.... well, I will make another one, but whether they'll be Greek or Roman remains to be seen
Dang, I had a Boreas kid waiting to be used, but since it's not allowed I'll think up of another one.

Hm...

Maybe a child of Hecate then. It'd be cool to use their little bag of magic tricks.

As long as you don't make them OP, I'm all for it!

I'll get to work on the character sheet, then. All characters should be between the ages of 14 and 18!
Sweet. I have character sheets for Hermes, Athena, and Hephaestus, but I'm probably just going to stick with one. I'd be willing to play as their Roman equivalents if need be.

Glad for all the interest! The thread is almost finished, I'll link it here and in the original post! Please read the character rules, ALL OF THEM, before posting your character.

I am literally the master of not making a character OP they're weak af
Well, just keep in mind that, for them to be invited on the quest, they'd have to be strong enough to be useful. Just make sure that he/she has one or two skills that could be useful, not just swordfighting or using a bow.

Well, just keep in mind that, for them to be invited on the quest, they'd have to be strong enough to be useful. Just make sure that he/she has one or two skills that could be useful, not just swordfighting or using a bow.

Yeah, that's what I meant. They're not incredibly weak, but they're not all powerful and OP because I despise characters with like fifty powers and can't make any to save my life

Yeah, that's what I meant. They're not incredibly weak, but they're not all powerful and OP because I despise characters with like fifty powers and can't make any to save my life
Sounds awesome! If you need any help finding powers, using the Percy Jackson wiki helps, and I'm more than happy to help if you need it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back