• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Paradisia ✧ Another Tale (always accepting!)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Esha Leavold
Interacting: Slav Slav (Ernest) Demonsoul Demonsoul (Avril)
Mentioned: spookie spookie (Lucien) adropofdew- adropofdew- (Hemry)​

1594021829843.pngVictory Day had turned out to be more amusing than Esha had hoped for. The festivities and the tournament were all one thing, but the recent string of events involved with Rina's sudden disappearance had tossed away her repetitive maid duties for today. Well, she wasn't given the order yet, but Esha could take an educated guess after listening to Rina's parents complain to each other.

"Oh, darling, I just can't enjoy Victory Day, knowing that our beloved Rina is out where lowly thugs and crooks roam." Lady Oricaryn had only taken two sips from her glass of wine before setting it aside. It tasted more bitter than usual; worry had eaten up her appetite.

The husband bore a fixed scowl as he could only watch the match from the nobility seats in the tournament. Lord Oricaryn tapped his foot impatiently, "Try not to think about that, dear. This is not the first time. Surely, she'll be returned to us before long." Though he said that, the tension didn't ease up at all. "Only the most barbarous of stooges would dare to strike against our princess and her kind, kind soul."

As her lord and lady sulked in their seats, Esha made her proposoal: "My Lord, may I be of assistance?" The two nobles looked at her as if she'd presented the Elixir of Youth. Perfect. "I will search for My Lady. There's only so many places in Paradisia she could have gone." Esha knew her way around the city. It was a good bet that she'd be swiftly brought home. It would've been a mercy for the Royal Guard, too, for whoever brought her back to the family would get an earful from Rina's parents.

The Lord leaned over to her ear. "Then I shall leave it to you to find our princess. Should any lowlifes take to hassling her, I expect you to punish them accordingly." Esha would nod, gleefully removing herself from the Oricaryns' seating area.

"Darling, someone's throwing potions into the arena. Is that even allowed?" the wife asked as their maid disappeared behind them.

"As long as it's meant for the brat, I'm sure the people are more than willing to overlook it; I certainly am."

---

Esha quickly found her path out the arena to be cut off by a rising crowd of the audience. Apparently, the potion-thrower was causing more of a ruckus and making quite the scene. The people he's rallied up with his obnoxious little show didn't seem to budge. In my way. Esha reached for her bag, where the containers of Chokedust sat... but refrained, maintaining her peaceful smile. Instead, she climbed on a little barrier, then hopping. One of the uproaring people let out a painful yelp as Esha hopped on his head. Then another yelp, and another.

She landed on the last person as a clear path to the exit opened up. That person just so happened to be the instigator of this mess, and Ernest was not spared from her head-hopping route. She landed gracefully on her feet, merrily speeding away as she held her dress up, followed by her "innocent" giggling.

Once she finally reached the outside of the tournament, she returned to her elegant pace. Alongside searching for her adorable mistress, Esha took to viewing the many sights outside the tournament. She'd stopped by a show of some kind, where a clown had taken to performing. She put a hand over her grin at one of his stunts, remembering how Rina once berated a clown for giving her a piece of candy like the other young children. "Oh, but now's not the time for reminiscing," she reminded herself. Maybe she'd bring Rina to this show; it was fun to see her screech and scold others for unreasonable reasons. And once again, she was off.

But after some time of hunting and calling, it'd have seemed that the search was taking longer than Esha had anticipated. By now, she was growing frustrated at the lack of results and genuinely concerned as she glanced around. This went on until she just barely avoided bumping into someone, yet brushing against their side. Esha spun around, surprised to see the woman. Rank 2? What could she possibly be rambling on about? "Ah, my apologies!" she said with a polite bow. "Have you perhaps seen a young girl with long, blonde hair? She's around the height of Lucien, maybe even shorter, and she's quite charming to be around."

char5.jpg
interacting • a really nice rock | spookie spookie (Lucien)

The more Kyuri thought about it, the more the envelope between her fingers started to feel like a burning flame. She remembered the stormy night well. In some kind of attempt to act brave, she had left her bow behind. Apparently, there was an anonymous tip about a roaming figure that had looked just like her father. In the deepest parts of the woods, she found herself wandering for hours until she conveniently managed to slip on a rock. Luckily, only minor injures were sustained, however, the sound of her scream had attracted some strange company. Kyuri figured it was a bear, or something of equal size. For a few seconds, it had just stood there, staring at her. Now would have been the perfect time to turn invisible and run; if she hadn’t left her bow behind. When the bear growled, Kyuri laughed nervously. “Hey, hey, it’s okay, Mr. Bear. It’s okay…” she was saying, putting her hands up. She could easily run, or even climb up a tree and hide, or even reach into her pocket for a knife. Instead, she felt frozen in fear, feeling her heart throb against her chest. Maybe it was the storm, or the fall, that turned her into a coward. Nevertheless, she didn’t need to run at all, and was rather surprised when she witnessed some kind of flying weapon pierce straight through the bear. The memory ended with the thought of her saviors, and their seemingly lucrative request.

Wandering the streets again, Kyuri looked around for more sources of entertainment. The scent of freshly grown vegetables always lured her to the same stalls, but she tried to focus her attention on something else. The tournament that Will had taken part in intrigued her, and she followed the sound of battle and cheer. While she was walking, however, her foot managed to come into contact with something solid. It was a rock, a really nice looking rock. Kyuri picked it up and traced her finger around the rough edges. It shined in the sunlight. She pocketed it, feeling like the Gods were trying to tell her something. The tournament space seemed more lively than ever, but that might have been because of the screaming boy that had thrown a potion at Lucien. It was entertainment at its finest.

Kyuri looked at Lucien. Ah, Lucien. Every time she saw his face, she was reminded of the boy who used to bully her. There was a reason why she had so many cuts and bruises on her body. Her father had always taught her to fight back, but Lucien personally hadn’t done anything to her yet. His crime was just looking like a bully. In that moment, something dark had possessed her. Lucien no longer looked like a bully, but a bear. She reached for her rock, and in a blur of better judgement, aimed it straight for Lucien’s head.

1792207b009278d1bf3dd34fa0f52ae1.jpg Ko
Interacting: none
Mentioned: Slav Slav spookie spookie
Ko gave his mother a quick hug and touched their foreheads together in quick cervitaur custom before trotting his way out of the shop. The Dew Drop was a small but lively shop nestled in between many others in the streets of Paradisia. The windows were lined with flowers and the banister up the small steps with budding vines. He and his mother had grown each plant themselves and took pride in the way The Dew Drop looked.

The bell to the door rang as he opened it and closed it behind him. Soon he was trotting down the street, all dolled up for the festival. He'd wanted to look his best for the festival and therefore had woken up quite early to prepare. He'd twisted flowered vines into his fuzzy antlers and braided little forget-me-nots into his curly, russet hair. He wore his favorite gold engraved bangles around his left wrist and had attached his gold cuffs round each ankle. Around his waist he wore a decorative, gold-plated, filigree belt that he'd gotten for his seventeenth birthday. On top of all his decorations, he also had painted unique designs into his fur in the city's colors, trying to show his city pride. Though he wasn't born in Paradisia, he thought it home.

He stopped by a few stalls on his way to the tournament, picking up baubles and trinkets, paying for small things like a tiny music box and a pair of gold plated earrings. He stowed them away in his small saddlebag before winding the rest of the way to the tournament.

It was quite crowded. And loud. But Ko's mum had never let him go to the tournaments before so he was eating it up. There were people in the stands shouting and yelling and booing and cheering. There were people selling their wares and people buying food. He was so excited. He'd opted to stand on the sidelines instead of trying to squish himself into a seat in the stands. He might've been small for a centaur, but he wasn't that small.

A drunk man stumbled by him as he made his way to the front of the crowd. The drunk man passing him and ambling up the stands. No matter. Ko reminded himself it was a festival and people needed to unwind sometimes. It wasn't too long until the next fighters being announced are Lucien and a man named Thundarr from Brunshelm. It was an interesting start and people were cheering for both sides. That was until an explosion sounded not too far from Lucien, and then a second. And then Thundarr was nearly taking off Lucien's head before Lucien, in a feat of acrobatics Ko could only envy, flipped and made a defeating strike. It was quite impressive and Ko was very excited to see what was next.

It wasn't too long before people were booing in the stands and Ko was noticing the drunk man among the booers. And he kept going. Even when royal guards were coming straight for him. Ko shivered at that, he'd hate to be in their line of sight. Ko decided not to pay attention much longer though, more focused on the arena and what was happening.

Mathias Barbaro~Castle Servant~Interactions: Nocturne. Nocturne.

"Of course," Mathias responded, tucking his stuffed animal underneath his armpit, "what are a little jittered nerves compared to a pleasant night watching the magic display away from the loud crowds. A chill breeze on a warm summer's night as the crickets idly chirp in the background. The fresh scent of flowers, grass, and leaves cleanse the palate of those everyday scents that at many times I take for granted." For a brief moment longer, Mathias retreated back to his memory, recounting the scene with romantic detail. His eyes glazed over as in a trance until a leaf fluttered down onto his nose from the tree they rested under. Blinking his crystal blue eyes, he came back from his little world with a light, rosy red blush adorning his cheeks. "Well," he coughed, "the scariest part about the trip back is that you never know where hunters put their pit fall traps. One misstep and you could find yourself at the bottom of a trap, wasting away for days." He shivered for a moment despite the heat."If you want, I can show you the spot when the time comes. It would be much more comforting to have another pair of eyes looking out for traps on the way back."

Seconds pass before he realized that did not sound like the best of invitations. "Oh!" he gasped, "There typically isn't any real danger though, and I have yet to fall in a pit trap in years. I assure you that it would be perfectly safe. Anyways, suppose we do fall though, you're Anthousai, right? You can sprout vines or a giant beanstalk for us to climb out of. We'd have nothing to worry about. So, what'd you say?"

Elenora & Ciel
full
Although she greatly respected Amelia Victoriana and everything the woman had given up to keep Paradisia safe, Elenora was not the biggest fan of Victory Day. It was noisy and chaotic at best, crowded with people who ranged from harmlessly annoying to downright criminal. If she hadn't been a member of the Royal Guard, perhaps the festivities would have proved more enjoyable. As it was however, chasing petty thieves on a day meant to celebrate heroic sacrifice left a lot to be desired.

She and her brother Ciel had already dealt with more than one such person, though their current objective was a bit different... rather than simple theft or an attempt at starting a brawl, some drunken man had instead decided to throw what appeared to be explosives into the arena. Obviously, such disruptive and rowdy behavior would not be tolerated.

Weaving through a large crowd of spectators all loudly cheering or jeering at the fighters was quite annoying, and Elenora nearly lost sight of her shorter sibling a few times despite managing to keep a level head otherwise. "Ciel," she scolded loudly as she hurried to keep pace, "Do not draw your sword unless you're faced with a threat! Doing otherwise is against protocol, you should know this by now!"

full
While his sister may have been technically correct, at the moment Ciel was far too angry to care. Some idiot had the nerve to throw things at Paradisia's amazingly talented Captain of the Royal Guard, and all while he was partaking in yet another spectacular tournament win no less. Absolutely unforgivable and worthy of at least a decade in prison, if not longer.

And so, with his sword (which resembled Lucien's so closely in design that it was a rather obvious, albeit expensive, knock-off) drawn and raised high, Ciel tore through the mass of observers as though completely oblivious to all but his current target. The lavender-haired boy almost ran directly into some sort of deer person, but managed to avoid disaster at the last second and continued on his quest without so much as a backwards glance. "Royal Guard, coming through!" he yelled rather obnoxiously, as though such an announcement would instantaneously make everyone clear a path.

Elenora was careful not to fall too far behind, but she did pause momentarily to offer a short apology to the cervitaur that Ciel had nearly rammed into. "Do forgive my brother, he is a very... passionate individual." With a swift bow, the young woman then hurried off after him. Through the ever-shifting mass of bodies, Elenora was sure she'd caught a glimpse of a woman in a maid's outfit hopping from head to head... the sight was both confusing and concerning, but she had no time to reflect on it further. Having made it to where the instigator of the entire mess could easily be heard, she knew very well she'd need to physically hold Ciel back from a full-on assault in response to his taunting words.

"How dare you insult the Royal Guards and our honorable Captain, you slovenly old smelly drunk? Did you not see the finesse in his every move? The elegance? So slender and graceful, yet so powerful... oh, and that double bladed finishing attack, amazing," Ciel sighed quietly, as though he'd momentarily forgotten his tangent. "And hey, you're the coward here, throwing things at actual warriors! Wanna show me just how brave you really are? Hmph, fighting some lowly alcoholic like you is below me, but for that last comment about Lucien, I'll make an exception..." Pointing his sword at Ernest, Ciel slipped into a fighting stance just as his sister arrived on the scene.

Of course. Of course Ciel would make things more difficult."Cecilio! Do not engage in combat unless the target has shown physical hostility!" Shaking her head, Elenora then turned her attention towards the intoxicated criminal. "As Royal Guards serving Paradisia and our Queen, we have a warrant to remove you from this tournament for disruption and endangerment of competitors. This offense generally carries a jail period of up to one week, though resisting arrest will make it far longer. I suggest you follow our orders, for your own best interests as well as ours. Do you understand?"

Mentions: StaidFoal StaidFoal (Esha) -ferret- -ferret- (Ko)
Interactions: Slav Slav (Ernest)

Avril Moses
Interactions: StaidFoal StaidFoal (Esha)

Avril was analyzing the surroundings of the tournament grounds, collecting info on the nature of the distortion that will soon be appearing. It was loud with all the cheering and shouting, much to the displeasure of Avril. She tried to focus, blocking out all the noise and focusing instead of the Veil. She started grasping at the emotions in the air: Excitement, Anger, Lust... Suddenly she was interrupted. A woman in a maid outfit.

"Have you perhaps seen a young girl with long, blonde hair? She's around the height of Lucien, maybe even shorter, and she's quite charming to be around."

Avril was annoyed at this interruption at such a vital time, and so she breathed in the smoke of her pipe, but it would be rude to ignore her. The detective looked over the maid, a seemingly normal person, however her impact to the veil revealed she had a dark side to her. On the other hand, Avril recognized the conflict that disturbed her when she was making her way to the arena.

"I believe the individual you seek is down main street. Oh, and watch your step."

The maid clearly carried herself with some skill, however as the maid left she would be tripping on a upturned stone. Of course said stone was invisible and was in fact a Rank 0 Distortion. Avril could now place her attention of the Rank 2 Distortion, which in this brief distraction had progressed quite far, and was about to manifest. Avril took a long draw of her pipe, and released a smoke ring of purple smoke. To anyone watching the smoke ring quickly dispersed, for Avril however it became a door into the Veil. To onlookers Avril took a step forward and vanished.

Within the Veil, Avril entered the mostly empty arena. In the center a figure stood. The figure resembled someone familiar to just about everyone in the city: Lucien. Of course this wasn't actually Lucien, it was merely a facade created by all the emotions focused on him. Still as his sword play was praised in the minds of many, he would not be an easy foe. The first move would have the advantage.

The Detective breathed in while Lucien quickly closed the distance. "White Web" With a breath white smoke enveloped Lucien holding him still for a moment like a web. Avril used this chance to take a much longer draw of her pipe while she created some distance. "Black Slash" As she released her breath an instantaneous split went across the facade's body dealing heavy damage. However, the Lucien broke free of the webbing and dashed forward reaching Avril and cut her leg quite deeply.

"I guess fans can't comprehend his true skill."

Avril Moses stabbed a knife she borrowed into Lucien's head, letting him disperse into Veil. Avril walked out of the arena slightly short of breath, both from not breathing while preparing her attacks, and due to minor blood loss. With a final draw of her pipe she entered back into the real world, and headed for the medical tent.

Ernest Bochart
Interactions: spookie spookie (Elenora and Ciel),
Mentions: StaidFoal StaidFoal

Ernest's yelling continued on till a foot landed on his head causing him to get frustrated. He only caught a glimpse of her as she jumped away. He was just about to start yelling in her direction when a rather short kid started to berate and threaten him. "I'm old? I didn't know being twenty-two made me an old man and stop threatening me with that blade you dunce. I didn't know that Royal guard's were so eager to cut down drunken men." Ernest said berating Ciel. That kid reminded him of another individual, one that he just threw potions at. If he had another potion, he would have thrown it at Ciel without hesitation, "You're just as short as Lucien himself, I didn't know that he had a clone. I guess the bar was real low that year to let you in. It's quite sad to see what my tax money goes into." Ernest said not letting up his attack on Ciel. He seemed just as annoying as Lucien himself, he wasn't going to let anything the kid said slide.

His brows furrowed as he glared at Ciel and once Elenora spoke, he turned his attention to her. Had this been different circumstances, Ernest probably would have started flirting with her but his attitude was sour from Ciel and that continued on when he spoke with Elenora, "Serving Paradisia?" Ernest let out a loud laugh and continued laughing for a few moments. When he finished laughing, he wiped the tears that were starting to form and continued on, "The only endangerment I see is that boy with the blade over there." Ernest said referencing Ciel. Even though he was not happy with the situation, he didn't want to start a brawl in the stands with the guards despite the urge he was currently having to punch Ciel in the face.

Ernest groaned as he finally gave in, he knew that he'd probably have to spend the night in a cell despite him being able to buy his way out. "Me a jeweler, resist arrest? Do I look like the fighting type? If this child hadn't brandished this weapon, this could have gone much more smoothly." Ernest said taking a step towards them. He faltered in his step, his drunken state still made walking rather difficult. After standing for a few moments, he felt confident enough to get moving, "Let's just get this over with, I'll be out by tomorrow anyways. That means you can come give me a visit at my shop." Ernest said giving a playful wink to Elenora. He turned his attention back to Ciel, "Except you, if I see you in my shop, I'll throw your ass out." Ernest said with a bright smile to finish it off. Hopefully after this, he wouldn't have to see this brat again or he might be throwing potions again in the near future.

Johann Vogel
Interactions: adropofdew- adropofdew- (Kyuri)

Being at a tournament would seem rather odd for an individual like Johann but there was always money to be made no matter where you were and Johann was damn good at getting people to buy stuff, even if his merchandise wasn't street legal.
"Thank you for your purchase, I think you'll enjoy my concoction." Johann said in a rather hushed voice. He didn't want the guards to over hear the conversation, doing transactions like this openly was hard but it could be done. He watched his rather lanky customer walk away and he turned to find other potential customers. He waded his way through the crowd wearing a rather plain white long sleeved shirt. His attire didn't make him stand out and he liked to keep it that way. The last thing he wanted to do was attract attention to himself.

Johann stopped briefly to watch the fight that was occurring and Lucien was out in the arena. That was somebody he would end without a thought quickly, possibly with a blade through the ribcage. The only thing that protected Lucien from Johann's wraith was the Queen. He wasn't fond of the Queen but the last person he wanted to piss of was her and it seemed that Lucien was her lap dog. He wasn't looking to make enemies just yet. More enemies meant more competition and he did not like that. A devilish smile crept on to Johann's face as he watched the potions being thrown on the field. He guessed that the contents of the potions were rather weak and if the thrower wanted more deadly concoctions, he should have purchased it from him. More possible business opportunities for the future. He turned away and he continued his trek to find more potential buyers.

Eventually, Johann stood there watching a girl throwing a rock into the arena. If Johann pried enough, he might be able to make a customer out of her. As he walked towards her, he wiped away his usual creepy grin present on his face and put on a more friendly smile that wouldn't scare away people.
"That's a quite brave thing to do , throwing a rock at the Captain of the Royal Guard. If any guards were watching, they would have arrested you in a heartbeat but alas, I found you first." He said trying to sound as friendly as possible. By an onlookers stand point, Johann would seem like a rather approachable person but the monocle that he had strapped on his face turned a few people off. Without it though, his left eye would be completely useless so he's stuck with it for now. "You seem to have a lot of pent up anger, you need something to take the edge off." Johann presented a vile that gave off a bright neon red glow, "This'll do the job. It contains medicines that lower your heart rate and it's a great thing to use to calm yourself down." What he didn't tell her was that the chemicals present in the vile were so strong that it had the potential to cause death but he's only seen it happen with older people.

Last edited:
1 (4).jpg
Maluon Towerwood

Interactions: None

Maluon sat in the far corner of the Tavern he also worked in. He was off work due to the importance of the holiday, but instead of celebrating like pretty much everyone else, Maluon was getting completely smashed in order to keep from feeling anything. Although his childhood was good, his past from the time he became an adult until now has been disastrous, at least in his mind. He refuses to talk about it, instead choosing to drown his sorrows.

The festivities going on outside were the exact opposite what Maluon enjoyed. He was not a party animal, nor did he socialize much. He didn't like to talk about his past nor was it a good idea to ask about it. Maluon often sat at the same table because it was out of immediate sight when first entering the tavern. He didn't really have a favorite drink, as he would drink anything he was offered, so long as it was able to add to his hammered state.

Meanwhile, the festivities continued outside whether Maluon liked it or not. He would occasionally glance out the window and scowl at the crowds of gawking tournament spectators. He often felt the tournaments were pointless and a complete waste of energy that could be used to beat the crap out people who actually deserved it, yet at the same time he did not care as he was not involved, nor would he try to be.

Delilah

"What!?" Delilah exclaimed. It was enough that this girl had invaded her personal space but asking her to vindicate her actions was too much.

"Well, all I... All I could possibly say is," she said stammering and repeating words. "I was on this bench and, and I-I saw you run and you got- you- you hit the bench and..."

She started stuttering the events that preceeded. Her heart raced in her chest. Mindlessly, she began to fidget with her hair as she began to stumble upon her words. No, no, no, stop it, breathe, she told herself silently.

"... and- and- and I- I don't- don't really... know. Honestly, I'm not even helping this situation..." She took a deep breath and paused to think better

"Look, maybe you could ask the person she may or may not have stolen from? I'm not the most... equipped... individual to be put on the spot like this." Delilah looked down, avoiding all the eye contact she could.

She sighed. The weight on her chest had barely lifted. She was very fragile, another second more and she would be crushed.

StaidFoal StaidFoal
Deadeyelee Deadeyelee
darkborn darkborn

1591770092547.png

Herbert
interaction: spookie spookie
herberts tail would begin to swing more vigorously once he heard Luka's comment if he was capable of smiling he would most defiantly have a huge grin but alas his biology wasn't capable of such a feat. "oh well that is marvellous then, I'm glad you like my sketch it's not done just yet but I assure you it will be even more... how did you say.... adorable yes" Herbert replied cheerfully. herbert's sketching was stopped at Luka's next question one limb tapping his chin thoughtfully, a tinge of pain hit Herbert deep down as well he'd not actually considered it but it had also been years since he'd seen another Demlemon though it was fairly reasonable to not see any around it still hurt just a little.

snapping back into reality he'd look over to Luka his eyes glowing with a far brighter blue now "well that is a good question, my friend, if I remember their name was hmm Senar... yes she was about as energetic as you are, in fact" he'd chuckle with a bit of amusement "it was what about a decade ago... some town called Sundersburge, yes yes, in fact, I think she ran the place erratically if not effectively" hed inform seeming to chuckle a bit more again and the fond memories of that odd little place.

char5.jpg
interacting • Slav Slav (Johann)

Kyuri felt the adrenaline rush surging through her body; it had made her feel powerful. Lucien no longer took the shape of a boy, but a bear. The same bear she was so frightened of back then. It would have been a better idea to think through her plan, however. If she had her bow, she could have easily turned invisible, no one would ever suspect her. After the throw, Kyuri let her arm fall limp to her side. She turned away from Lucien, almost feeling a pang of regret. The throw had a lot of force to it, and she hardly ever missed a target. It would be wise not to gawk at him anyway and look suspicious. Maybe I should go into hiding. She thought about the letter in her pocket. The previous owners of the underground bar were getting antsy. A couple weeks ago, she had woken up to an ominous message in her bedroom. Scattered on the floor were her very own leeks, shaped into a frowny face. Kyuri shivered just thinking about it, and nearly bumped into the creepy looking man that approached her.

“Ah, it was quite a brave thing to do, wasn’t it?” she said in a loud whisper, waving her hand in the air at his next statement. “But I don’t have any pent up anger inside me… it just felt like the right thing to do, you know?” She paused, looking at the vial with a mixture of curiosity and shock. She looked the man up and down, at least he had the look of a doctor…or something. She drank the contents of the vial without much hesitation. For a few moments, she didn’t really feel anything. Her heart rate had felt like it was slowing down, but she couldn’t be sure. But then something strange happened. There was a boy walking with his mother, and for some reason, his nose was starting to drip off his face like ice cream.

Kyuri screamed, running in front of the boy. “Oh no! Here, let me help!” She pretended to grab his nose, running back to the doctor but dropping the nose. She fell to the ground, picked up an ant, and placed it in the doctor’s hands. “Here! I found your eye, and, oh—!” The doctor’s face was now beginning to melt and move around. His mouth was now on his neck, and his ears were on his forehead. “You… are you okay, doctor?” Slobber was rolling down her mouth now, she wiped it across the doctor’s shirt. “Hey! You have to get better soon, so you can save—” She paused. “Wait.” She started digging into her pockets, waving a leek in front of his face and then slapping him with it. The leek had a red and blue hue to it. “Here, payment! For the juice! Thank you so much! Ahhh, you’re so kind…I…” she started sniffling. “You’re the nicest person I’ve ever met, in my entire life. I want you to keep this leek. Okay? Place it under your pillow at night. Do you like bread? It has wonderful healing properties, okay?” As she was talking, Kyuri began to fall at his feet, but not before taking off her hat and placing it on top of his shoe. “Can you please close the curtains, doc? I’m trying to take a nap.”

Not a second later, Kyuri stood up and made a show of yawning and stretching. There was already a scene of onlookers gawking at her. Mostly whisperings, mostly laughter. She felt tears fall down her cheeks, tasting salt. Her cheeks were heating up. “Doc,” she said, poking him on the shoulder. “Will you help that boy find his nose? Please… he needs his nose so he can continue eating and drinking, like any normal human being. Will you continue to stand there, as you watch his life fall to pieces? I—” She placed her hand over her mouth. “I… I can’t watch anymore.” The boy in question tilted his head. The mother covered his eyes, shooing him away. Kyuri fell to her knees and began to sob.

• Lucien
    full
    Lucien stood silently in the center of the arena, holding his sword high as his first victory of the day was announced. Though the audience around him roared with a deafening blend of adoration and disgust, Paradisia's youngest ever Guard Captain found that his mind was elsewhere. Yes, he had won, but the hesitation due to his sudden flashback had cost him a perfect score. Though he maintained a prideful pose as he had been trained to do, the shame of failing to represent his city and Queen without flaw was undeniable. Would he be scolded for this disappointment? The repressed memories he'd confronted earlier made him believe such a thing was likely.

Thundarr was escorted off the arena grounds after shouting a few choice phrases far too crude for Lucien to repeat. Where they were leading him, he didn't know, as the man stubbornly refused any help from Paradisian medics. With the match all but over, he bowed elegantly towards the crowd and held his pose for a few seconds. It was always best to depart with flair, after all.

With his head lowered and eyes closed, Lucien couldn't have possibly seen the rock hurled with a surprising amount of strength in his direction. Striking its target a few inches above the forehead with an unsettling thump, it then fell casually towards sand already painted with streaks of red. Momentarily, Lucien's world became a disorienting swirl of black. The sharpness of a now-splitting headache soon returned him to his senses, albeit feeling dizzy and worse for wear. Reaching a shaky hand up towards his wound, the boy winced when he felt a considerable amount of blood already leaking down his face.

Again?!

Something would have to be done about this horrible and uncultured crowd. Never before had so many things been flung into the arena, and the fact they'd all been directed at him wasn't lost on Lucien either. Indeed, someone would pay dearly for this. He would make sure of that.

Though his usually graceful steps were a bit unsteady, Lucien left the arena with whatever dignity he could muster and smoothed his cape rather harshly. It would've been wise to seek care in the medical tent before facing his next opponent, but revenge was far more important at the moment even as his head continued to pound.

"Whoever you are, I will teach you the meaning of regret," the young Captain hissed, his hand already resting on the hilt of his sword.

Mentions: adropofdew- adropofdew- (Kyuri) and a rock

A pair of heavy footsteps thuds against the stone steps of the staircase, echoing in the dim hall up to the queens platform that oversaw the tournament. The rattle of bells and beads is soft but jarring, almost cryptic compared to the chattering of guards armor plating. Once at the peak of the staircase, a massive figure stood in prominence with a dignified stance.

The creature balled its fists and relaxed before taking off its silver mask, shaped like a dragons skull with a thick set of horns tipped with golden bells. It was revealed to be Tex, with a thin smile. He appeared to be covered in paint of various colors from his shoulders down his back. The paint had already began to wear down and peel off of his cobalt scales. It was clear he has had a well filled day of celebration as not only did he bring a bottle of codroys apple juice tied to his rope belt but the scent of burnt copper.

He bowed to the Queen, his helmet tucked under his arm. "My queen! I do hope your enjoying the festivities. I see the tournament has started while I was away. Good assessment of skill." He said with great elation, approaching the edge of the platform to oversee the battle. Texs tail swayed back and forth, portraying his amusement.
spookie spookie

Limon Aiton

Limon chose to ignore everything else she said in favor of the one about him getting scammed. “Wait, I got scammed?!” He mused it over. “Oh well, still got a awesome earring.” He said optimistically.

I’m not making the best impression. He guessed. “Well, here we are!” He waved his hands toward the arena-tournament thing. “They don’t use it much.” He said knowledgeably. “It’s empty except for a few rich people duels most of the time. Most people ignore it.”

Man, I wish I was in the tournament. He shrugged the thought off. I’ll just watch and learn! “I heard they got someone that can beat...you know, the leader of the guard? Lucy or something?” He offhandedly mentioned. I’d love to see his face smashed in! He shrugged off the violent thought, he was pretty sure he wasn’t usually this murderous.

“I hope they have snacks.” He said offhandedly. Should’ve sold something. His business side grumbled. The other, more eccentric side said It’s fine! We’re rich! We should go make some explosive potions! He ignored both thoughts in favor of asking, “Shall we go?” just to make sure she wanted to actually go in. It was pretty loud, after all.

Eithne Märchen

—◦✧◦✧◦—​

Raising her brows at his misplaced optimism, March gave him a vaguely pitying look. Optimism was all well and good until it made one insensitive to scams and thievery. A poor chap, but not a particularly clever one.

She was not surprised to hear that few people used the tourney grounds other than the wealthy. Who had the time to start petty public confrontations when they had a business to run or a job to work? There was no room for such airs in routine when the average person could easily do the same thing without the place or the audience.

March pursed her lips when Limon mentioned the royal guard. “The name is Lucien, from what I hear.” She shook her head with a tsk usually reserved for misbehaving rapscallions. “Not a single person that comes around my bakery—other than a few young ladies with an intense case of hero-worship—has had anything good to say about him so far. It surely says something for his character.”

Nodding at his question, she stepped into the audience stands. “It looks like the tournament has been quite active.”

—◦✧◦✧◦—

•INTERACTIONS•
Pandy88888 Pandy88888

•MENTIONS•
spookie spookie

Last edited:
1 (4).jpg
At some point Maluon had heard a rumor that a high-ranking member of the royal guard was in the tournament. He found himself strangely intrigued by the prospect that it could be the young captain, someone who he had heard a lot about but had little, if any, interaction with. From what he understood, Maluon had felt that the captain was far to young and immature to be head of anything. With these things in mind, Maluon decided he was going to check it out and see if the rumors were true.

Maluon stood up slowly from the table he was at with the aid of his ornate walking staff. He was tall, with a crooked right leg that was the result of a healed injury. He hobbled his way through the tavern, paid for his drinks, and then left. He was surprisingly fast as he made his way to the tournament grounds. He weaved his way through the vendors and peddlers then made his way into the audience stands, where he found himself beside a Brunaidh lady who seemed to have an expression of mild disappointment on her face.

Maluon looked into the tournament ring and the captain of the royal guard wasn't currently in there. Hm, I heard that the captain of the royal guard was in here, where is he? He thought to himself. He turned to the lady beside him. "Pardon me miss, would you happen to know who was just in here? There's a rumor floating around, and I'm trying to decide if it's true or not." Maluon spoke normally albeit a bit drunkenly, as he was not the kind to make a big scene.

Interactions: Ambiloquous Ambiloquous

char5.jpg
interacting • Slav Slav (Johann) • spookie spookie (Mori)
mentions • Hemry (the apple hehe)

For a split moment of sanity, Kyuri started digging around her pockets for something to wipe her tears with. Her mind was swirling with thoughts, all of them seemed to overlap and create an orchestra of sounds. She blinked furiously, trying to clear her vision. When she found a piece of cloth, she brought her trembling hands to her cheeks. In actuality, it wasn’t even cloth, but the letter she was wiping with. The contents of it were brief; a lucrative deal that she had decided to decline but she would still be temporarily deemed an owner of a bar. Kyuri sniffled again, a long sniffle, her eyes were low and tired. She threw the letter aside, which may confuse an outsider more than anything since some of the words were smudged.

Even when the newcomer had arrived, she could hardly process the scene. It didn’t help that just behind the doctor, something strange was occurring. There was a shiny red apple—seemingly rolling and hopping around. The crowd seemed to notice it, too, so maybe everyone had a taste of the doctor’s juice at some point. The apple hopped on top of a barrel, then proceeded to jump on a random person’s head. “Do…does everyone else see that…?” She blinked at the black-haired newcomer.

He had a rather calm expression, but his entire face began to morph within a few seconds. His face turned into a fine quality potato, without much wrinkles. “…F-father…? Father?” She stepped closer, trying to pat his shoulder but had misjudged the distance and was just patting the air. “Where…where have you been…? What are you talking about, suffering?” She gasped. “Is it the ant? Oh, no…poor little guy. We should hold a funeral, yes? A proper burial is paramount.” Kyuri wasn’t sure what she was saying anymore. “Death is so hard. Do you ever think about how many ants we step on per day? Do you ever think about their families? How many ants have you stepped on during all those years you've been gone? Think about it.” In another miracle of sanity, Kyuri turned her attention toward the doctor and glared at him with the hatred of an ant family scorned. “I’m sure the good doctor here knows.”

1594786699177.png
Kelial Setereþ
Interacting:
StaidFoal StaidFoal (Rina), Deadeyelee Deadeyelee (Jardyn), and Random_Potato Random_Potato (Delilah)​

Kel blinked dishearteningly, when all the other girl responded was with a "Y-yeah..." Great. Now she thinks that I'm an evil monster. He looked genuinely unhappy for a moment at the brief response. At least, until the other girl spoke.

At the other girl's words, Kel instantly went red. "W-why, you-" It took a second for him to formulate his next words. "Quit making it sound like I actually did something disgusting. I never saw you before, and to think I actually thought of helping you." At that, Kel took a deep breath, to calm himself. Then he saw the accuser point to the poor girl caught in the middle, screech that the girl would vouch for her, and walk over to grip the girl's shoulders. Kel's eye twitched; what was the accuser doing, trying to involve her in this situation even more than she already was? "Are you trying to turn a stranger against me?" That was the only conclusion that Kel could come up with, based off of the accuser's actions. Then the girl on the bench responded. And what she said was actually pretty logical. Though, it was clear she wasn't enjoying this. Kel glared at the accuser for a moment. Ruining yet another's day.

It was clear to Kel that these two probably had never met before, or that the accuser probably had the other girl in a harmful 'friendship.' The mere thought of it boiled Kel's blood, but first, he had to prove his innocence. He gestured to the royal guard. "Look, I can explain- and show evidence- of why I was here, and I can show that I was in no way blackmailing this girl. Ancestors forbid if I ever did that.." At that, he pointed to the stall where he stored his blacksmithing supplies: "Let me get the stuff I was carrying. I promise you, I won't run. And no matter what this girl-" At this, he pointed to the accuser. He had her figured out. She would accuse anyone of anything in order to get her way. "-says, I won't do anything." With these words, he unbuckled his knives and put them on the ground. He then backed up a couple of steps, hands in the air, before slowly turning and quickly trotting, grabbing his stuff from the very confused vendor, and returning.

...Well, it seemed like he didn't return alone. As he walked to and back from the stall, a couple of pigs snorted at him, and began trundling closer to him. Brief confusion entered his mind, until he realized: He still had a sweet in his back pocket. Cursing his bad luck, he simply endured the pigs' snuffling, and made his way back to the group, crate in tow. The pigs followed for a moment, before idling to a stop some way away from the arguing trio.

• Luka
    full
    Luka nodded energetically as Herbert spoke, his eyes wide with delight. "Of course I like it, you're really really good at drawing! And hey," he giggled, enjoying the friendly attention while striking a rather dramatic pose, "Luka is an adorable subject." Due to the excitement of having his portrait drawn, the feline healer found himself occasionally slipping into his Kitrian dialect quirk without noticing.

The way Herbert's eyes suddenly appeared to glow a brighter shade of blue amazed Luka, as anything shiny or sparkly instantly captured his curiosity. This was nothing compared to the subject of another Kitria however, and he leaned forward and listened with impressive focus for someone often seen as flighty and easily bored. "Hmm, Senar from Sundersburge, that's so interesting... I wish I could've met her too! What was it like there? You should tell me all about it!" After finishing his excited requests, Luka then paused and looked up at Herbert. "Gah, silly me, I've spent this whole time asking about Kitria... what about you? Have you met one of your own kind before?"

Interactions: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 (Herbert)

Tex smiled wider from the Queens acknowledgement, showcasing his short jagged teeth. Indeed it was a nice day to smile sincerely for once. His smile quickly fell from his lips as he gazed upon the rude mess that had gathered from the momentum of the audiences hatred. "Disgustin'." He hissed, straightening his posture to face the queen. His feelings were written on his face. Disdain and slight pity. He unhooked the square bottle of juice from his belt, staring at it with solemn in his eyes.

"Poor kid." He muttered. "Whole kingdom on his shoulders. Warriors should be respected. Would you like some cold apple cider, mistress?" He offered, sitting on the edge of the overlook. Texs tail draped the stone edge, the tip beating against the floor. His eyes lit up quite literally, gleaming red as he looked out to the arena floor. A new fighter? He chuckled almost too loudly. It will really be a great day to witness a match between the prodigy captain and this warrior. "Paradisia earned its peace, my Queen. We all fought fer it. And it cost our best. Now we may sleep." He finished, pressing the claw of his thumb into the cork of the cider and twisting it out with a squeaky pop.

Rina Oricaryn and Esha Leavold
Interacting: Random_Potato Random_Potato (Delilah) Deadeyelee Deadeyelee (Jardyn) darkborn darkborn (Kel)
Mentioned: N/A​

• 1595126243689.pngRina nervously shifted away from Delilah, glancing at Jardyn. "Urh... Ahahaha, my friend's a little quiet, but she is telling the same story! That means you must arrest this criminal, now! Right now! You're not supposed to let crooks roam the streets on Victory Day of all days, so hurry up and arrest him!" Unfortunately for her, Kel, in his confident demeanor, intended to bring evidence. Evidence?! No! Take your evidence and rot in a pit! "No! What are you doing?! He's obviously making a break for it! After him!" Rina darted in Kel's general direction just to make it seem like she was tailing him. Everything was going so terribly that they forced her to use her special move: Run from your problems!

Unfortunately for her, Kel stuck to his promise and didn't even wander too far at all. In fact, he returned with some rather unexpected guests. Rina froze at the sight of said guests, helplessly watching the pigs trudge alongside Kel. "Wh-Wh-Why did you bring those f-filthy pigs over?!" Rina's breath hastened, and she was now choking on her saliva. When she hugged herself, she found that she was shivering. Then, one of the pigs looked at her, causing Rina to let loose a petrified squeal as she toppled on her backside. Her eyes went blurry with water as the pink and brown-spotted skin of the creature curiously approached her. With a high-pitched scream, Rina started bawling her eyes out, her wails comparable to that of a whining child. It was a tremendous difference to how she "cried" when first confronted by Jardyn.

"Y-You monster!" she yelled to Kel. "T-To surround yourself with such beasts! A-And to lead them to me of all people! What's wrong with you?!" She curled up and screeched again as the pig walked over to her, sniffing her boot. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I lied! I lied about everything! Get this thing away from me! Please!" she pleaded, glancing between Kel and Jardyn. "I don't deserve this! Please! Get it away from me..." She curled up as much as she could have, burying her face in her knees as the pig sniffed her head.

Ernest Bochart
Interactions: spookie spookie (Elenora and Ciel)

Every time Ciel spoke, Ernest gave out another laugh. He was drunk but he could even see how stupid the boy was. As he was standing, he was swaying back and forth slightly but it wasn't as bad as earlier. Elenora started to speak and he turned his attention to her, his blue gaze resting on her. It took him a while to process what she said but he got the gist of it, "I see, you don't have to worry about me. Like I said earlier, I'm no fighter." Ernest said in response to Elenora. He started to follow Elenora like she gestured but Ciel spoke up. This kid thought he was some type of royalty and Ernest did not give one flying fuck.

"If your father's kingdom was so great, I would have heard about it. I'm well aware of where I get my gems from and sorry to tell you, absolutely none of come from there, I wonder why?" Ernest stifling a laugh due to how shrill the boy's voice was. The only thing he almost hated as much as Lucien himself was noble's who thought they were special because of their heritage. He only respected people based on things they've actually accomplished and he was quite sure that this brat has accomplished nothing. His glare softened when he looked back at Elenora. A holding cell at the back of the festival hall? Anything would be better than being near this boy. "Sounds good to me." Ernest said prepared to get moving. Being in there may give him some more time to sleep.

Johann Vogel

Interactions: adropofdew- adropofdew- (Kyuri) spookie spookie (Mori)

Johann was extremely weirded out by the situation. He did not expect the drug to have a reaction like this and the girl was acting absolutely crazy. He couldn't keep track of what she was saying and at one point she slapped him with a leek and offered it to him before getting down and placing a hat at his feet. Then she wiped slobber on him, "What the fuck is wrong with you?" Johann asked already knowing the answer to the question. It seemed this girl had a bad reaction to the drug and this was the worst reaction he has seen yet and he's given the drug to many people before. She kept calling him "Doctor" and he was nothing like a doctor. Yes, he did have medical knowledge but he didn't use it for healing people but to devise worse poisons to put on the black market.

He looked at the slobber on his shirt with dismay and this situation was quickly going south. The girl was nuts and there was nothing he could do to help her. He was about to remove himself from the situation until a man emerged from the crowd and what he said made Johann die of laughing. His laugh sounded very cynical and it went on for a while till he eventually stopped himself. He wiped a tear away from his right eye. What he just said made up for everything that the girl said and did to him before. "By all means, put her out of her misery" He said with another short cynical laugh. He hasn't seen someone die like that in a long time, it was a painless death for the most part unless the blade is too blunt, then it's painful.

Johann's eyes rested on Kyuri has she started to spout more rubbish and she wiped her eyes with a piece of paper and tossed it aside. He walked over and picked up the paper, taking a look at it. Many of the words were smudged and the only word he could see well was 'bar'. The paper was unimportant to him and he tossed it aside into the wind. As he turned his attention back to Kyuri, he was a bit startled to see that she was glaring at him so suddenly. "I'm not a doctor, get that out of your head." Johann said knowing all to well that the girl was incapable of reason. The best thing for her was if the man chopped her head off. It would be some sight to behold.

Interactions: None (Open for Interaction)
spookie spookie

Joy Tokidottir
There she is, the happy-go-lucky girl, Joy, is minding her own business as usual as she has been walking across the land for weeks without taking a break. Although her name is not a pun of her personality, it is a name that her parents have given her from childbirth.

Cinnamon is her nickname because her breath reeks of cinnamon as a result of eating sweet foods. Her restless nature is not the type of person they may have to go through. She enjoys adventuring as much as she enjoys eating sweet foods, don't mind her sweet tooth for a purpose.

Unfortunately, there is one thing she doesn't have. Friends. That's right, friends. Friends that she doesn't have in common, friends that really care for one another, friends that did not experience bloodshed like her, and friends who value the meaning of trust and dignity. Heck, a companion would be perfect for her. Those are the reasons why she doesn't have one in the first place after years of training in combat. Forming a friendship with someone is an important part of her adventure.

There may be some obstacle she must overcome but that doesn't mean there will be no hope when she does find friendship. Maybe they won't be as bright as her. Who knows? After all, she loves making new friends. She just doesn't like going on adventures by herself. Being alone is not a good thing and it causes her to feel a little depressed whenever she thinks about it. She is used to being alone nowadays.

She then arrives at Paradisia, a magnificent place where everyone gathered to experience the true meaning of well-being and happiness. She heard a few things about it but her parents wouldn't like to mention it to her when she was a child. She hasn't seen anything like it considering this is her first time there. Her mouth went opened as a sign of awe and excitement. The aroma of sweets has made her mouth watery to a point where she is craving for it but she has no idea where the sweet aroma is coming from.

Desperate, she roamed the area for further details. She couldn't believe how many people she sees going to a place like this. Yet, she is willing to call this place home. Hopefully, she might form a friendship with someone. But who will it be?

t1qqULk.png

gUlXnAW.png

Interactions: Salvagers Salvation Salvagers Salvation [ Mathias Barbaro ]

───────

Abilene smiled lightly at his description, hands drumming on her thighs as she appointed her attention to envisioning the scene herself. The site Mathias recounted seemed almost mythical in its regard. She was quite well invested, until a stray leaflet found itself on Mathias's nose. "Ah, Mathias, a leaf—" she quieted, assuring herself that Mathias would most likely notice himself. She chided herself lightly for pointing out something so needlessly tedious, but composed her figure. "It sounds absolutely magical, but, pit traps...?" Her voice lowered to a whisper as she declaimed the last few words.

At the mention of her species, Abilene lost herself in thought for but a moment. "I suppose I can, though they'd have to be flowering vines. A bit weaker than would be preferred, but if the situation escalates to dire..." Abilene finally nodded. "I'd love to accompany you. With the two of us, I'd be assured nothing could go to wrong. When shall we go?"

Limon Aiton

“Yep, Lucy...ien.” Limon agreed. He suddenly froze. “I remember he did...” He said ominously. “That son of a-“ He eyed the surrounding area for children. It was just an instinct, parents didn’t like it when he used his creativity around them. “He broke my favorite teacup.” Limon said pettily. He threw his hands up in somewhat mild anger, saying “I had to got find it in a remote little place, and I almost didn’t make it back, and he just broke it!” He took a deep breath and moved on.

“Huh? Oh yeah, the tournament.” He remembered. Looks busy, I think they’re starting a new match. He kept a lookout for the guys that took bets. In the meantime, talking. He liked talking, something good as a cafe owner and all-around normal person. “I think they’ll start a match soon.” Limon observed.

He watched out of the corner of his eye as a random elf approached, or at least he had the elfish features. The elf said something about the last match, and he decided to tell everything he knew about it, despite him not talking to Limon in the first place. “It was over pretty quickly, right?” He said confidently, copying an overheard conversation nearby. “I think the guy’s at the healer, now. The winner, I mean. Paradisia’s greatest swordsman, or at least the greatest alive.” Limon continued, unspecifically. “Hey, do you know who’s on next?”

Ambiloquous Ambiloquous Windjammer Windjammer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back