• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Paradisia ✧ Another Tale — Rules & Lore

spookie

give 'em hell, kid.

━━━━━━━❦━━━━━━━

RULES

━━━━━━━❦━━━━━━━

(Yes, I will absolutely know if you don't read them.)

•BASICS•

Follow all RPN rules. Failure to do so will result in an instant boot from this rp. Not only is ERP banned here, but it makes me extremely uncomfortable. Just don't.

This will be a multi-para rp, meaning 2+ solid paragraphs is the bare minimum, and longer posts are preferred. I understand that post length can vary based on how much there is to react to, and I'm not going to yell at people for the occasional shorter post, but absolutely no one-liners, thanks.

Please be able to post at least once a week. If circumstances occur that prevent this I promise I'll get it (especially with what's been happening these days), but I'm hoping for a fairly active rp. Please let me know or write yourself out if you need to leave... please. It makes everything so much easier for those in the rp.

Should go without saying but the usual rules still apply... no godmodding, killing or seriously injuring (anything more than a bruise or scratch) other people's characters unless both players have agreed on it, creating super op or ridiculous characters, adding powers not listed as playable and/or just generally being an annoying drama llama.

Characters do not have to be nice people with the purest of intentions by any means, but no insane, evil or purely murderous individuals, please and thank you. A body count is not a personality. Should you choose to play a criminal character, only target NPCs unless you have explicit permission from a player to harm their character.

I'm not too fussy about faceclaims in fantasy, though I'll personally be using drawn ones as real people don't really look like my characters. That said, please ensure they fit the setting... modern or sci-fi designs will look super out of place here. Also, no using selfies. That's incredibly weird.

There is no limit on the number of characters you can create, just don't overwhelm yourself and make more than you can actually play.

If you'd like a relationship with another player's character, you'll need to ask them first.

Quests are fully optional, as are most events. Your character can face monsters or enemies and become involved in danger and combat if you desire, but none of that is required. Some quests may have in-character rewards or perks, but they will never be forced on anyone. This includes player-run quests.

If you want to kill off your character, feel free. I'm not into killing off player characters unless they're open to it, so don't worry about that.

This roleplay is always open/accepting and you can hop in anytime. Quests and events may not always follow this rule, however.

Acceptance is on a first come, first serve basis, BUT I reserve the right to decline characters that truly don't fit the setting.

•POWERS & SPECIES•

•SPECIES•

Humans are the most abundant race in Paradisia, but that doesn't mean they're the only option or that humans are mundane to play.

When it comes to making non-humans, creativity is best! Elves, dwarves, vampires and werewolves have kinda been done to death. They aren't bad or anything, just overused. I'm 100% open to species/races you made up yourself so long as you properly describe what they are and what they can do in your CS.

Variety is fun, but for the ease of the rp, all characters should still be reasonably humanoid. Having strange features, like a unique skin or eye color is fine. Being a levitating mass of gelatinous eyes isn't. That's just nightmare fuel.

Non-humans should still be on a similar power level to humans with magical abilities, just to make things fair for everyone. That doesn't mean their abilities need to work the same way, however.

As for banned species/races, the only ones I'm 100% not going to accept are angels and devils/demons as such concepts don't exist in the Paradisian religion. Otherwise, I'll let you know if your character doesn't really fit the lore.

•POWERS•

About 50% of humans are born with some sort of inherent magical ability. The numbers are more varied with non-humans obviously, but magic isn't particularity rare in this world. Your character will be used to encountering it.

More than one character can have the same power, but not everyone should be a fire/super strength/healing user... variety is good!

That said, you absolutely don't need to play a magical character if you don't want to. Through the use of potions and incantations, a person without any magical affinity can still harness thr world's free-flowing mana to use the most basic types of magic. It is possible to repair things, light a small fire, strengthen a sword or create a perfect cake without any affinity. While not flashy, these abilities are still useful and worth learning.

Elemental magic makes up the vast majority of users, powers which tend to be the perfect combination of showy and useful. One can expect to encounter users of fire, water, earth and wind almost daily in Paradisia. Because they are common, their quirks and tricks are well-studied and those who are determined enough to attempt mastery of this magical variety are the most likely to succeed. Thus, despite being seen by some as less exotic than other varieties of magic, elemental users are often blessed with some of the strongest powers.

They're definitely not the only magic varieties, however. Creativity is encouraged, but do keep in mind that the powers below are banned;

•Anything that controls another character (psychic manipulation, mind reading, lie detection etc)
•Ridiculously OP things like flattening buildings, reality warping, time travel, total immortality, raising the dead
•Darkness/shadow magic, UNLESS you pm me first and can come up with a good reason why your character would have some relation to the evil enemy kingdom... but even then, using it publicly is forbidden and your character will be distrusted or even hated for it.

•CHARACTER ROLES•

There are no set "roles" in this rp, and you're free to make your own so long as it follows the basic guidelines below.

There can be more than one of most occupations (healers, maids, bakers, innkeepers etc), but if there are already 3+ characters in your chosen one, do consider selecting something less overused.

Basic roles like adventurers, royal guards or thieves are unlimited.

Characters cannot be related by blood to Queen Vivienne, as she's unmarried and has no children. If you'd like your character to be a part of the castle staff however, that's fine.

Relationships with other characters are fun but not required, except in cases where two characters would absolutely have to be familiar with each other... you couldn't make a guard who doesn't know the captain or a royal advisor who doesn't know the queen, as that wouldn't really make sense.

—✧—

Thank you for reading the rules! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me with them or mention them in the interest check, but please don't post here in my rules and lore thread.
━━━━━━━❦━━━━━━━

⛧ c o d e d _ b y _ s p o o k i e ⛧

━━━━━━━❦━━━━━━━

LORE

━━━━━━━❦━━━━━━━

•THE WORLD OF SABEL•

Sabel is a world easily as large and varied as our own, with many unsolved mysteries still remaining. The religion widely practiced in Sabel is based off of a goddess named Sabelina, who was known for her kindness and mercy towards mortals. Having given her Heart to the world so that it would not become overwhelmed by evil, fragments of this magical item are still kept by the greatest and fairest rulers today. Known as Heart Shards, they offer magic of mind-blowing power to their Guardians, but this can never be used for evil. To be a Guardian is to live eternally by yourself, as they do not age and cannot fall in love or reproduce biologically. Death is possible through injury however, and heirs can be adopted.

•PARADISIA•

One of the many civilizations found on Sabel, Paradisia is perhaps the loveliest and generally also the most peaceful and accepting.

If you were fortunate enough to be born into this prosperous and lively domain, you should thank your lucky stars. The people of Paradisia are not rich and work hard, but they also don't know the struggles of hunger or poverty. Most earn their livings as farmers, tailors, blacksmiths, shopkeepers, bakers, barmaids, healers... you get the idea. It's honest work, at times difficult, but with fair pay and enough time off to enjoy life and spend it with family.

The cobblestone streets of Paradisia City are clean, bustling with plenty of merchants hawking the wares and young people out for a stroll. If crime does occur, the royal guards serving Queen Vivienne are swift to respond, and Paradisia's jail system focuses on rehabilitation rather than pointless punishment.

Of course Paradisia is not perfect, and there is still plenty of corruption hiding in the shadows and out of range of prying eyes. It is however, one of the safest highly populated locations on Sabel, and also has the honor of being the domain that best upholds the beliefs of the Goddess.

While on the smaller side for a grand city, you still won't be left wanting for much if you know where to look. From lively inns and pubs to elegant eateries and gardens, Paradisia truly offers something for everyone. There are often public events held for the citizens of Paradisia, like tournaments, fairs and even holiday parties.

The figure in charge of running this lovely location is Queen Vivienne, a monarch beloved by the people for her kind demeanor and thoughtful rule. Unlike many royals, she truly cares about her people and does her best to help them however she can. While her status forces her to be poised and proper most of the time, she is a very playful and empathetic woman who has no problems whatsoever befriending common types.

•GENERAL LIFE•

Paradisia is a varied place, and there really is something for everyone here.

This list is NOT extensive; just a few potential careers and occupations your character may choose to pursue

•Innkeeper
•Healer
•Chef/baker
•Knight (see Royal Guard section below)
•Potionmaker
•Maid
•Teacher
Explorer (see Adventurer section below)
•Blacksmith
•Entertainer
•Tailor

•ROYAL GUARD•

Many young, fit men and women strive for the honor of joining Paradisia's Royal Guard. While their usual tasks are policing of the city and occasionally accompanying high-ranking tradespeople or officials outside of Paradisia, they do take on more dangerous and glamorous work too. It pays well and affords them both respect and adventure, so they rarely complain... unless it's about their ruthless and cold-hearted young captain. Choosing this career path allows you to join in certain quests.

•ADVENTURERS•
For those who love adventure but hate the strict rules of being a Royal Guard, well, the Adventuer's Guild is where they'll want to be. A rag-tag group of brave explorers who regilarily team up to venture beyond the walls in search of treasure or oddities, they're a rather close knit group who embrace all that's strange and quirky. Some work on the side, while others make their entire income hunting down rare and precious things. Choosing this career path allows you to join certain quests.

—✧—

Thank you for reading the lore! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me with them or mention them in the interest check, but please don't post here in my rules and lore thread.
━━━━━━━❦━━━━━━━

⛧ c o d e d _ b y _ s p o o k i e ⛧

Users who are viewing this thread

Back