• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Paradisia ✧ Another Tale (always accepting!)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Eithne Märchen

—◦✧◦✧◦—​

Raising her brows at his anecdote involving the captain of the guard, she wondered how much of it was faithful to fact if he couldn’t even remember the name of such a nemesis. His recollection abilities weren’t winning any memorization contests, and he also appeared to be prone to gossip about farfetched things, so it could certainly be a tall tale. She shrugged at that, either way, it was a fun listen, fiction or not.

“Well, that is quite unfortunate. Did he compensate for the damage, at least?” she said, visualizing how his favourite teacup looked to be so beloved and how much the costs to repair it would be.

The mention of a new match brought her eyes to the arena grounds, with mild anticipation for what show was to come. A somewhat inebriated newcomer came at this time, wearing showy jewelry and limping with a cane, butting into her conversation to ask about the recent fighters in the tourney. She had never seen this person before or heard of him in recent gossip, but he seemed civil enough.

Before March could reply to the flashily accessorized swamp-elf, Limon had already done it for her, saving her the effort to explain that no, she did not know who had just left the arena. His words were vague and sounded much like a repeat of the exchange between two ladies standing above them, but the marsh-elf could surely guess at who that was.

“Quite.” She nodded at Limon, ready to back up his statement if need be. As for who was next, she obviously had no idea, and with the swamp-elf’s questions, he likely had none either. But there was still a chance, and so she waited for his answer.

—◦✧◦✧◦—

•INTERACTIONS•
Pandy88888 Pandy88888 Windjammer Windjammer

Rina Oricaryn and Esha Leavold
Tournament Match

Interacting: Deadeyelee Deadeyelee (Jardyn)
Mentioned: N/A​

"My Lord, my Lady, I'm afraid I am unable to find your daughter." Esha bowed a deep apology, avoiding the stares of her masters. Ainsley Oricaryn gripped the arm of his seat so hard it began creaking, while Lydia Oricaryn turned a sickly pale.

Ainsley rose silently, helping his wife onto her feet, too. He was a tall, slender man of elegance. Lydia, attempting not to topple over, raised her dress slightly while she regained composure. "Who in their right mind would dare lay a hand on our princess?"

Lydia patted his shoulder, trying to maintain a calm smile. She was normally a well-composed, beautiful woman who adorned herself in jewelry and lavish dresses. When it comes to her daughter, though, the facade always drops. "They must be savages planning to commit treason against us. There's no other reason for them to target our dear princess, now is there?!"

Esha, feigning innocence, only nodded. "Very well. I shall prepare the chariot. But my Lord..."

"What is it, Esha?"
Ainsley spat. If this were any other servant, they'd be fired on the spot.

"If your daughter is not within the confines of my search, there is one possibility I have not yet considered." Esha pointed out into the tournament, making the two nobles run over and scan the entire place intensely. But as they stuck their head out, they caught a few words at the tail of the announcer's theatrical introduction: a name.

"—Rina Acciai, and the rookie Royal Knight, Jardyn Cae—"

"Rina?!"
Ainsley yelled, his eyes bulging.

Lydia, holding her hands against her heart, let out a demeaning sigh. "Don't be absurd, dear. I don't recognize the Acciai family name at all. It can't be—"

The challenger then stepped into the arena. Esha covered her endeared smile with her hand. Ainsley spat out his drink, while Lydia passed out onto her chair from shock.

Stepping into the sandy grounds, donning an ever so prideful smile, Rina Oricaryn waved to the audience, unsheathing her blade. Her smile instantly soured to a scowl of disdain, however, as her opponent approached. "You again?!" she screeched. Out the window went her progress of purging the embarrassing memories out of mind. "You may have made a fool out of me earlier today, but unfortunately for you, you have matched up with someone who's watched Royal Knights train for years; someone who's been trained by one of said knights for over one-fourth of a day!"

Now was her time to shine. Hundreds of people were watching, expecting a brilliant performance. Rina figured she'd gladly deliver. She put one leg behind the other, ready to charge. The crowd's expecting cheers only fueled the burning enthusiasm in her heart. "I shall strike you dow—wawoh, WAAHH!" A crash. Then, silence. The cheering immediately ended. Only a cloud of sand floated where she once stood. Rina glanced back up at Jardyn, trying her best to stifle the tearful embarrassment that lashed at her. "That was on purpose..." she muttered, biting her lip. The fire that enveloped her soul was extinguished; her sword now felt as if it weighed a hundred pounds. As she tried squirming back into position, a furious yell intruded into the silence.

"Stop the match! Stop the match!" The tournament-holders? No, it was a squad of Royal Knights with the Oricaryn crest imprinted on their armor in gold. Following them was the source of the voice: Rina's father, followed by her mother. The knights wordlessly surrounded Rina in a defensive stance, allowing the heads of the noble family to enter the circle.

"Wha—Mother? Father?" Rina stared up at everyone. The shadows produced by the knights had engulfed Rina, and the parent-shaped silhouettes loomed menacingly over her. She tried sputtering something else to say, but fear had clenched her throat. Then the pair lunged at her. Rina braced for the attack... only to feel a set of arms around her.

"Thank goodness you're alive..." her mother said, having finally gathered her bearings.

Her father, on the other hand, rose and push his way out of the circle of knights. A murderous glare crawled onto his face, one that he directed at the child opponent, Jardyn. "You should—" He didn't get far into his threat, however, when someone hurriedly tapped his shoulder. He spun around, gaze softening, as Esha whispered into his ear. He reluctantly nodded, turning away from the boy. As he left, so did the squad of knights alongside Rina and her mother.

Esha remained in the center of the tournament grounds, fearlessly facing the audience. She gave them an apologetic bow, muttering a quiet "Adorable while it lasted..." to herself. With that, she followed her company's trail out of the arena, satisfied with how things went with Rina's tournament match.

The announcer quickly gave an answer to the crowd. "Well, that was certainly unexpected! From what I've been told, the contestant was the daughter of a noble family, posing as someone else to enter the tournament! In other words, she wasn't supposed to be here in the first place!"

Now out of sight, Rina's parents could talk more properly. Ainsley began with a "lecture" for Rina. "You are just as grand as the queen herself! I can't bear the thought of you mingling besides the unkempt savages who spew whatever words come to their mind."

Lydia then barged in, smiling warmly at her daughter. "Do you know who that boy is? I'm afraid we were not paying attention while we were rushing towards the arena grounds."

Rina raised an eye, contorting her face to one of disgust. "You plan on compensating them?"

"What? Not at all!"
Lydia shared the same look of revulsion. Why would they give in to someone who was bound to injure their princess? "Far from it. Your father and I will do everything we can to ruin them. It's his fault for daring to go up against our princess in the first place! He should have given in and kissed your feet like anyone would!"

"Exactly!"
Her father agreed. "You're the most brilliant, prettiest person to ever grace Paradisia! Tying with Queen Vivienne herself! It should have been common sense for that brat to do so!"

Rina only nodded, wracking her head to their previous encounter. He told us before... Then it clicked, and his words re-entered her mind. He's of House Caedwyn! "He's of House—"

"If I may, my Lord,"
Esha said, coming around to the family. She bore a calm smile, as if telling them she had it all under control. "I'd prefer if nothing came out of this. Delve any further, and we risk exposing ourselves too much, and people will start investigating us. I suggest we let the situation rest."

The Oricaryn heads looked each other in the eye, hesitantly nodding. Rina puffed up her cheeks, irritated at her maid's sensibility. But she let go of her anger quickly. Esha was the only person she knew her parents to truly respect, and she knew better than to complain about someone who'd earned such a position. Then, an idea came to mind, and Rina confidently looked at her parents. "Mother, Father, let me go outside by myself!" Ainsley and Lydia broke into a coughing fit. Not a moment later, they both began bombing Rina with loving reasons for why she should remain in the mansion, unspoiled by the dirty public. Rina could only stare at ground bitterly.

Oh? What an intriguing development! "If I may, my Lord, I believe it would be to everyone's benefit if you obeyed her wish." Esha's word alone was enough to silence the nobles. They stared at her for half a minute, as if struggling to process her opinion. Rina gawked at her maid with a hopeful spark in her eyes. Eventually, Ainsley motioned for her to continue. Perfect. "Rina cannot fully comprehend our teachings if she forever remains inside. There some aspects of business that require outside knowledge. She cannot become a proper heir to the family unless she's taught this. I will take full responsibility and take her alongside my daily shopping trips, guarding her with my life. Through this, my trips can be shortened, allowing me for more time to work at the mansion, and Rina will be fully fit to continue the Oricaryn legacy."

Ainsley and Lydia whispered to each other with an unsure look in their eyes. Soon, Lord Oricaryn turned to Esha and Rina. "Fine. You may travel outside wherever you wish, Rina." Delight flooded their daughter's face as she squealed happily, hopping around the place with newfound energy. "Just remember to stay away from any rotten adventurers and—"

"I know, I know, I know!"
she shouted between breaths. Esha threw herself against her maid, embracing her in the tightest hug she could manage. "Thank you, Esha! I love you!" She then did the same to her parents, relieving them of their concerned look and replacing it with a calm, love.

Ainsley turned to their maid. "Esha, I give you absolute freedom in what you do to prevent any filthy savages from defiling her."

Esha giggled. "I understand, my Lord."

READY FOR TIMESKIP

Last edited:
1595567922484.png
herbert
interacton: spookie spookie
“well many thanks for the compliment tis good to know one appreciates my work sir Luka“ herbert replied the carapace plates of his body emitting a soft humming sound, as at this moment herbert was incredibly happy, his large glowing eyes remaining in their heightened state of shine, chuckling just a little and the flourish and pose Luka had made along with the slip into kitira speech quirks. Luka would continue with asking questions about Senar, and herbert would have been happy to respond if not for him bring up a somewhat sore subject on Herbert’s part much for the joy seemed to drain from the demlemon he‘d, in fact, stop his sketching shutting the book for now though he’d continue with it at a later time of course. “Well umm That is a... interesting subject yes... I will admit my people are hardly the adventurous sort, they tend to stay put, furthest most travel is between other settlements what I think I knew every single other demlemon by the time I left.. that was many decades ago though iv not seen another of my kind since, aside from the occasional glimmer of hope inspired by irregular stories.”

Herbert would stop talking for a moment letting out an extended sigh and then eating a few more bits of candy before he continued “ and even then their hardly the most... appealing, either tales of a strange being that towers above all others covered in black plates, that offers its service to the highest bidder, or a dangerous multi-limbed beasts that glow in the night, and makes people disappear... neither stories are the most flattering, but even more... no matter how hard iv looked iv never come any closer to proving either of these stories to be a demlemon or something else entirely... I sup of anything in the wider world I’m uniquely alone” he’d finish herbert‘s voice having grown to a weary sadness glowing eyes dulling to almost nothing. ”apologies for divulging such souring details upon you, I did not intend to ruin the mood like that”

SVEN ALHORNEN VISUS
1.jpg

Was it a good or bad day to arrive? Sven couldn't decide really. There was this beautiful and lively festival unfolding around him, but every damn Inn was full for the night and he was stucking lugging his bag about with him. A warm brewing in his chest told him it must be a good day though as he meandered through a crowd of people larger than any he had seen outside of a battle.

Sven had a warm skewer of meat in his free hand as he moved towards the edge of the festival to find some calm, when he passed a young man with a odd bug of sorts tatooed on his chest.

Must've had some odd dame who was into wierd critters. Probably got 'imself that bug to impress 'er. Foolish young men always slapping on ink to impress some young lass. Won't find me doin' no such thing. Nearly certain all those "artist" types 'ave got magical ink since the damn things always seem to fade. Just scam artist they are. Nope. You'll never find me with ink stitchin'.

A booth full of intriguing artifacts and sketches came into vision, and the faint sound of music he heard coming from this direction revealed it's source. Sven stopped for a moment beside the booth to enjoy the music and tak in his surroundings.

Mentioned: Church418 Church418

• Luka
    full
    Though he was already growing used to it, Herbert's formality still proved somewhat amusing to Luka. Despite officially being a part of the Royal Guard, he was almost never referred to by "sir" or any other fancy title. Healers just weren't seen that way by most, no matter how important a role they played behind the scenes.

The Kitria's usual thoughts of annoyance faded away as he noticed the energy around his companion changing from joyful to subdued. I hope I didn't say something bad... Luka thought, tilting his head to listen as Herbert described the ways of Demlemons. "Kitria are supposedly fairly nomadic until they find a favorite location, but I can understand what you mean about not having seen any of your own for so long... I can't even remember much of our language now, let alone the last time I actually talked to another Kitria," he sympathized, lowering his ears in somber acknowledgement of his friend's plight.

Luka fell silent again for the rest of Herbert's tale, pouting a bit as he realized what the Demlemon had been through. While there were undeniably differences in what they'd experienced, the concept of unfourtunate rumors was all too familiar. "Oh shhh, don't applogize... if anyone can understand what you've been through, it would probably be me... I've heard a lot of not very nice things when asking about Kitria sightings, but you're the first one to give me hope with your story! I really wish I could do the same for you, but I don't think I've met a Demlemon before... at least not in the past century or so, before that is kinda hazy..."

Having trailed off, Luka stretched in a decidedly cat-like way and reached for more candy. He wasn't quite sure how he could help his newfound friend, so for now listening seemed like the best option.

Interactions: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 (Herbert)

interacting • Slav Slav (Johann)

At some point, Kyuri lost her focus again. She was staring intently at the palm of her hand. There was a tingly sensation there, and when she made a fist, she could hardly feel the pressure. A sudden calm overcame her body, and she blinked slowly as if she would fall asleep at any moment. She registered the doctor’s words, something about what the fuck is wrong with her and something else about misery and heads. Hmm, she thought. She poked her head, not feeling anything was there. It was like trying to grab air. “Do I even…exist at all?” She looked up at the sky. “What if no one really—”

Grumble grumble, her stomach said. “Oh.” She looked down at her stomach, then at the doctor again. He had seemed to get into a strange laughing fit and waited until he was finished. “Are you okay, doc? Maybe you should drink…” Yawn. “Some of that…” Another yawn. “Juice.” Kyuri’s eyes fluttered to stay awake, and after a couple of seconds, her body hit the floor.

Mori blinked slowly as he observed the demented woman's behavior. He did not attempt to step back or avoid her when she reached towards him and failed pathetically at making contact, but his usually expressionless eyes did seem to portray at least a hint of disgust in their glassy teal depths.

"I am not your father," he stated plainly, unsheathing the blade he kept strapped to his back at all times. When not in use it was naturally concealed by his impressive length of raven hair, which dragged across the ground but never seemed to hinder his almost inhuman grace. Mori could tell the woman was bothering those around her with her overdramatic rants about death, and he knew would be best to end this quickly. "Death is not hard. Death is beautiful in its inevitability, the way it equalizes peasants and kings, men and beasts and flowers too. There are things far worse than death in this world..."

His voice was as soft and dreamy as ever, in stark contrast to the subject he described. Mori yawned quietly as though he wasn't about to behead someone, then gripped his sword and snapped into position with the speed of someone all too experienced. In a few seconds, there would be no more insanity for the crowd to gawk at.

It was then that a passing butterfly saw fit to flutter around Mori, landing upon his somewhat pointy nose. "Hello," he greeted, crossing his eyes to get a better look at his newfound friend. The insect stayed put for a moment, but was soon scared off by Kyuri's drug-addled madness. This made Mori somewhat disappointed, and he appeared to all but forget his current situation as he returned his weapon to its hidden place of storage and quite literally walked through the surrounding crowd of people to keep up with his butterfly.

Mathias Barbaro~Castle Servant~Interactions: Nocturne. Nocturne.

"Achooo! "Mathias sneezed into the nook of his elbow, wiping away the lingering ticklish feeling at the tip of his nose. The little, green leaf that had fallen from the overhanging tree now fell from his nose and fluttered to the ground. "Excuse me," the young man sniffled, composing himself. "The pit traps shouldn't be too worrying. It's only happened to me once in my many years of living, but you can never be too careful, right?" Noticing that his once shady spot was becoming increasingly more and more sunny, the time they had spent talking suddenly came to mind. There was still a few attractions and stalls that he wanted to visit; although he didn't want to seem rude by cutting the conversation short, their pleasant chat seemed to be reaching an end either way. Flashing a quaint smile at his newfound acquaintance, he thought briefly about the time needed to reach the location and the time in which the display started. "I would say a half hour before the magic display starts we'll meet back here?" he raised his inflection near the end, posing it more as a question than an answer, "it isn't actually that far of a trek away, but I want to give enough time to settle down before the show starts. Personally, I'd rather not be sweaty and out of breath while enjoying the sight. Though, if you would prefer to run there, get a little exercise for the day, I'd be happy to oblige. Fifteen minutes before the display begins would be the appropriate time to meet."

1596523273142.png
Kelial Setereþ
Interacting:
StaidFoal StaidFoal (Rina) and Random_Potato Random_Potato (Delilah)
(I'm sorry for such intermittent posts, finishing a college course and starting a job at the same time sucks.)​

Kel stared slack jawed at the girl's outburst. The pig that followed him also stared at the girl that was on the ground sobbing uncontrollably. The two seemed to share an incredulous look for a moment before the staring resumed. Kel actually.. felt sorry for the girl. He set down picked the sweet out of his pocket, and threw it back at the herd of pigs. The pig next to him trundled off, following the scent of the meal that lured it next to Kel.

...After clearing all of that up, Kel stood a bit awkwardly next to the girl sitting on the bench, before grinning sheepishly and holding his hand out. "I'm really sorry for all of that mess. My name is Kel.." Kel's face morphed into one of pleading, "and please don't think of me as some sort of lunatic or maniac. I swear, I'm not..." His hand rubbed the back of his head, before continuing, "So, uh.. I never got your name?" Kel paused for a moment, before hurredly adding, "If you want to give me your name, that is. I-if you don't, that's alright." He waited a moment, though the crate caught his eye again. "Oh, Ancestors... I have to deliver this shipment! I'm so very sorry! If you need anything done involving metal, come see my uncle's shop at the square that way!" He quickly nodded to in the direction of the square, and as he trotted off, he called back, "It should be easy to notice! What with the forge and all..!" Soon after calling back, he turned his attention to maintaining balance. He had to deliver this shipment. Uncle is going to kill me...

IMG_0300.GIF
✧ The Magic Display ✧

Once again, Victory Day had been a success. The festival was winding down now, with most stalls closed up so that their owners could join in the final and arguably most popular part of the celebration... the magical display held to honor Amelia. Dusk's fading light seemed to give the fair Queen of Paradisia an ethereal glow, but her advisor Glimmer was not so easily outdone in his fantastical peacock feathered costume.

The two stood on a platform overlooking crowds of cheering spectators, set up so they would be able to combine their powers and create a breathtaking display for all the citizens of Paradisia. While the tournament's winner and the Captain of the Royal Guard were supposed to stand beside one another as guests of honor, the fact that they were the same person left Lucien looking short and awkward as he inched away from Glimmer's space hogging outfit and closer to Vivienne. It seemed the stark white bandage around his head wasn't doing him any favors, either... not that anyone would bother with him when he was surrounded by such popular figures.

"Wonderful people of Paradisia who have chosen to join me in honoring our most heroic figure, I doubt I need to tell you what we're doing now. In less than ten minutes, the display shall begin! We truly hope you enjoy it!"

Last edited:
Rina Oricaryn
Interacting: Open
Mentioned: N/A​

1597133380140.pngThe fiasco with the tournament was over and gone; as were her adventure clothes. To her horror, Rina's parents threw them out, getting the maids to swiftly "fix" Rina into their usual noble daughter. Rina could only silently sit through the beautification, knowing how fruitless it would have been to fight back against her parents. The corset was as suffocating as it always was, and she could have sworn the dress became stiffer each time the maids adorned her in it! When finally out with her parents in the noble seating, she could only sigh in anguish, almost burying her heads in her arms; it would've been improper for a noble.

"Oh, what a surprise. The brat won again..."

"The tournament gets repetitive once you get the same result for years on end..."

There goes Mother and Father again, disgusted by the child captain. Some person Rina didn't pay attention to said something about a display in the next ten minutes?! The next thing her parents whined about was the waiting time, and Rina could understand why. It should be common knowledge about how disrespectful it is to keep nobles waiting for so long (courtesy of her parents). Especially with how uncomfortable the dress was for Rina. While desperately trying not to fall asleep on her chair out of boredom, she had already lost her patience. She sighed, emphasizing the contempt in her breath. "Mother, Father, the seatings are too suffocating to wait for 10 whole minutes. I'm taking a small walk." The dress is suffocating, too...

Her father nodded, signaling for one of his knights to guard her. There went any chance of fun. With Esha away on an errand, the noble girl was without someone to converse with in friendly terms. Rising to her feet, Rina ordered the knight to maintain a distance between them. It was the least she could do. She passed by many other noblewomen, all of which she either befriended (connecting through similar unsavory interests), loathed, or simply did not care about. Soon enough, she'd left the noble seating area, and the guard seemed to act more wary. Rina couldn't blame him; with the dress, it didn't take a genius to see her status. But the air was... different in a way, compared to around the nobility. Rina couldn't describe it, but it's what kept her sneaking out of the mansion.

Eventually, a drink stall caught her eye. Its products sounded fancy and looked sugary, and that was enough for Rina. After some successful "negotiation," she walked away with the drink in hand. "Did you see how tense that guy was? He must have been absolutely smitten with someone as beautiful as me!" she squealed to her guard.

"Of course. After all, it is as your parents say: You are the cutest and prettiest in all of Paradisia." Yeah right, it's not like you threatened his livelihood on the spot. Damn snobby noble.

"I know!" Rina sat herself down at a table in the shade, drink in one hand, enjoying herself to the fullest as her guard stood idly by. Perhaps she could move past the embarrassment that was the first half of today! Return to the noble seating area to witness the display everyone's speaking highly of. And maybe with her friends? She could talk to them all about House Caedwyn.

1.jpg

A crowd of people larger than Sven could imagine was slowly forming for some sort of viewing. Talking about some sort of light show. Sven thought it would likely be too far for his vision to capture, and wandered off to find some small nook to sleep in. As Sven started down the main street, he saw a man creeping through the storefront he was walking beside. Sven though he might just be trying to keep quiet, but then then noticed the man already had several valueables stashed in several small bags hidden beneath his cloak.

"Spiffy dress for lowlife quickhand such as that" Sven though to himself. "Taking them earnin's from some poor loaf while the fanciful lightbeam blasting is about to 'appen. Well then, 'spose it's good I can't see so far, or this rat would've made away with his goods with none there to hassle him for it.

Slowly, Sven crept along the side of the building. He placed his bag down silently. The man inside had picked up his pace, and was approaching the back door. Sven could see that the mechanism that kept the back door locked had recently been tampered with by the scratched near the front of the lock and inside the keyhole. This solidified Sven's belief that the man inside is a thief, and he raised is staff to the door as the scoundrel grabbed the knob. "Cocky bastard" Sven thought, smirking "Has knives on him but is walking straight out to fight with just his fists". The moment the door opened, Sven shot his staff out straight at the head of the culprit. Slamming against his opponent's upper head, the staff's momentum threw the man back, the back of his head thudding against the opposite wall.

Just as the man slumped to the ground, and Sven began to relax, a sharp "Halt!" rose up from behind Sven as a guard walked into view from the mouth of the alley. Sven mumbled "Well, fuck".

1597385991238.png
Herbert
Interaction: (open)​
Herbert had more or less spent the rest of the tournament chatting with Luka having quickly changed the subject to something else side form talking about his own lonely existence, to something more cheerful, and also finishing his sketch of Luka and adding some colour to it in the process there whole conversation would make a perfect chapter for his newest book. Any more writing would have to wait as of course the magic display was about to begin, and of course even amongst vastness of the crowd the demlemon stood out with Herbert’s striking natural appearance and height was pinky helped by the noticeable area around him was void of any other being seeing as they were trying to avoid the wraith of Herbert’s lengthy and sharp tail as it swung gently with excitement joints in his carapace bearing a soft blue glow not as much as his eyes however they instead shone brightly, while not the most glamorous of reasons to stand out herbert simply embraced it as he always did beside it did give him a far better view of the presentation

t1qqULk.png

gUlXnAW.png

Interactions: Salvagers Salvation Salvagers Salvation [ Mathias Barbaro ]

───────

Ah, the magic display: one of Paradisia's greatest spectacles, and one of Abilene's greatest loves. The glistening of divination within the air brought a joy unmatched to the girl, but now, she'd even get to enjoy it with someone else! Speaking of someone else...

Abilene waited for Mathias patiently, admiring the nature that surrounded her. She supposed he wouldn't take to long to arrive. But, she reckoned as long as she did wait, she could admire one of the very things she loved most. The cool, frigid night wind whipping past her skin, and the soft feeling of grass tickling against her...

As she sat, she recounted previous magic displays she'd witnessed. It could create a view like no other, in her eyes. And now, according to Mathias, he'd discovered a spot in his past endeavors that could simply heighten the experience. At the thought, Abilene softly smiled. Oh, how wonderful it would be...

Limon Aiton

1598517568415.png
The famous Paradisia magic display! Well, famous if you were in Paradisia, so...kind of famous really? Limon had pretty much just wandered after, but he found some cool things! From food, to more food, and some drinks too, he felt today was productive. He had a business of food, so technically it was research. “Oh, and Lucien won again.” He remembered.

Something something, magic show! That’s what they said, but he wasn’t that interested in that. What mattered was the people! Everyone in one spot, and all probably going to stay where they were. And everyone was interesting too! Even ones that looked boring had some history, and he wanted to know.

For example, how about that small blond girl? She looked like a noble, mostly because she had fancy clothes that things. Well, to be fair he looked fancy too, but not quite that rich. Wait, didn’t she look familiar? His mind automatically placed her under the label of “idiot”, so he definitely knew her from somewhere. “Well, might as well talk!” He figured. Limon strolled over like he was a normal, very normal human. “Hey?” He pretended to recognize. “Aren’t you that one girl from the thing?”

StaidFoal StaidFoal (Rina whoever.)

Rina Oricaryn
Interacting: Pandy88888 Pandy88888 (Limon)
Mentioned: N/A
1598770401194.pngRina's cup clattered along the ground, dumping its contents and flooding the floor's indents while the noblewoman watched frozen in place. Behind the helmet, the guard tried his hardest to hold in the snicker as he promptly knelt down to clean her mess. Rina's face contorted into that of ferocity. "My word, what foolish craftsman designed this table? Do they not know how to make balanced furniture? Such a basic skill their occupation demands, and they can't fulfill it?" she cursed, as if she didn't accidentally kick the table during her yawn. Eventually, Rina drooped her head on the table, frowning. "Mmmrghh, why is today like this... Just send me back home, I don't care, give me a tart platter..." She rolled her head to the side, squishing her cheek. If her noble parents saw her like this, they'd definitely freak out at how much etiquette she threw away just now.

“Hey? Aren’t you that one girl from the thing?”

In a second, Rina fixed herself, throwing her back straight up and releasing her fists into prim and proper gloved hands. A charmed smile now bore her face. One girl from what thing? What on Earth is this Maypole going on about? She looked him head-to-toe, noting his fancy clothes. Not sparing another moment, Rina filled in the blanks of her own accord. "You mean from the Oricaryns' most recent ball? My, I'm flattered you recognize me!" However, the way his greeting went, alongside the bitterness of today's events, caused Rina to furrow her brows at Limon. "But honestly, the least a lily-livered boy like you can do is remember my name! Rina! Ri-na! R-I-N-A! Rina! Goodness, it can't be that hard to recall such short, yet wonderful name, can it?" She let off a giggle, as if the degrading tone was far from intentional.

She maintained her 'polite' smile towards the stranger. "By the by, I don't believe I've caught your name yet?"

Mathias Barbaro~Castle Servant~Interactions: Nocturne. Nocturne.

The lanterns of the stalls, the warm glare of street magicians, and the heavenly aroma of food soon to be devoured cradles Mathias's senses as he made his way towards the designated rendezvous point. Hopefully, he wasn't running too late. To be honest, the young man had lost track of time indulging in the various festivities the day had to offer. His pockets were far lighter than when he first started the day, but his heart was heavier, full. But, his complacency was shaken as over all the white noise he heard that the magic display would start in just 10 minutes. At first, he broke into a light jog. His cadence hastened, and his stride lengthened. There was a little more hop into his step. It wouldn't be too long until he broke into a sprint. His face flushed red as his breathing became more erratic. Soon enough, he arrived at the rendezvous place, spotting Abilene patiently waiting there. Fixing his clothes and trying not to look too disheveled, he waved at her as he walked over. "I hope you weren't waiting too long," he greeted, flashing a small smile, "I assume you're ready to go?" He didn't give her too long to respond as they were running a tad late, but he didn't want to worry her that they might miss it. Turning on his heel, he gestured her to follow him towards the viewing spot.

Delilah
Even through the drama, she managed to stay composed. She didn't explode into millions of peices or melt into a puddle. That was progress, she supposed. Though, she wondered why, of all things, a pig is what made Rina confess. The people in this world, she thought, were so weird. Then a few questions were answered when Esha came along. From the frilly maid outfit, to the posh manner of speach, Delilah's guess was that Rina's parents were noble. It made sense, she had the mannerisms of a spoiled rich girl.

Her mind eased when Rina was ushered away, back to her family. Speaking of which, she wanted to get to her own family now. They were somewhere, prancing around and laughing, while she was here, swinging her feet back and forth, wondering what course of action to take.

Kel turned to her, she mirrored the sheepish smile, flushed with embarrasment. "It's fine, who am I to judge based on another's opinion?" she said with a nervous giggle at the end

"So uh.. I never got your name?"

No, she thought plainly. But immedietly scolding herself for being rude, even if it wasn't even said.

"If you want to give me your name, that is. I-if you don't, that's alright."

He was shyer than she'd originally assumed. She was glad he added that last part, it was comforting. Just a bit, but comforting nonetheless. She really didn't want to give her name out to a stranger. So in response, she nodded.

As the conversation ended, she let out a quiet breath and watched him walk away. Clutching her notebook to her chest, she thought of what the blonde had called her; 'friend'. She stared blankly at her blue parasol. The one Jaymie had given her, it didn't matter, she was long gone now. And so was their friendship.

She opened the notebook to her drawing of the queen and wrote; 'rich blonde checked it out, too bad she almost made me drop dead by screaming, crying and lying then confessing her crime because a pig sniffed her shoe.' then closed it. Though she didn't have a journal, she liked documenting her memories from times to time. Packing up her stuff, she set off from the bench, looking for her parents

~

"Ma! Pa!" She reached her hand out from the nearly suffocating crowd. "There you are."

Frustratingly, they took a seat near so many other, more practical ones. That was her opinion, at least.

"There you are," her father repeated with a grin. "We were waiting for you."

"Lily!" her mother exclaimed, patting the seat next to her. "You're just in time."

"It's Delilah, momma, I keep telling you." She sat down, handing her parasol to her father. "Lily isn't-"

"-A suitable nickname for Delilah, yes, yes" She pinched her daughter's cheeks with a babying expression. "It's just such a cute name, it suits you too."

Delilah quickly brushed away her mothers hands, she was too tired for this. Emotionally and physically. She managed to etch a smile on her face. "Thanks, but I still beg to differ."

"So, how was your day? Did we miss anything significant?" her father asked.

Her grip on her satchel bag tightened. Yes, they did. "No, not particularly."

darkborn darkborn

77c8337a7ff348d09ba2bcfdb4d6ffb0.jpg
Hemry | mentioned spookie spookie (Glimmer/Queen)
Hemry had left his performance in a daze. Even though he had specifically requested to not be bitten as an apple, someone did just that. Now, he held his head in shame, wearing a bandage across his forehead. It looked rather fashionable for a clown such as himself. Hemry was pretty sure there were teeth marks beyond the hair, but he wasn’t about to shave his head to find out. He also had a pounding headache, which left him grimacing for a good part of the day.
Later that night, Hemry heard some noise about a magic display. He made sure to blend in with the crowd, not wanting to attempt another transformation until the next day. There were already a couple eyes probing him, as Hemry just stood there with a grimace on his face and arms crossed. He didn’t necessarily blend in with his white makeup, but he only dared to cleanse his perfect face at bedtime. When the Queen and Glimmer presented themselves, Hemry yawned rather loudly. What could be as interesting as watching a grown man turn into an apple? Nothing. The man known as Glimmer looked like a wannabe entertainer, and the Queen—who was rather fair, Hemry had to admit—could afford better company than him. A single tear slid down Hemry’s cheek.

Last edited:
Glimmer
full
Though extremely secretive when need be, there was nothing Glimmer loved more than hundreds of eyes gazing upon his glory. Sure, the Queen might've be the main attraction as usual, but that didn't mean he wouldn't manage to steal the show.

Living up to his name, Glimmer appeared positively luminous as he bowed deeply before Vivienne. "Radiant as always, Your Highness. I don't mean to push, but the good people of Paradisia seem rather anxious for us to work our magic together... shall we begin?" Smiling a bit in amusement, the Queen nodded gently and stepped forward. Taking her delicate hand in his, Glimmer couldn't resist smirking in the direction of a certain Guard Captian who was positively fuming. If he didn't learn to manage that temper, the kid would surely succumb to a heart attack before his eighteenth birthday... not that anyone would mind such a thing.

Once the pair reached the edge of the stage, Glimmer grasped her hand more firmly as he prepared to conjure up hundreds of sparkling magical illusions. "Subjects of Paradisia, the moment you've all been waiting for!" Cheers erupted from the crowd below, many shoving their way towards the stage for a chance at glimpsing Vivienne up close.

By combining light magic and masterful illusion, it became possible to paint the sky itself a thousand different dazzling shades of mystical color. As the display began, Glimmer watched in amusement from behind half lidded eyes while commoners and nobles alike with no magical ability gasped, awestruck. Forming mesmerizing swirls and patterns in the heavens with a mere flick of his wrist, the elegant man took great pride in displaying his skill. Glimmer's was not a magic often used for show, in fact it was quite the opposite... if applied effectively, illusions were entirely subtle and unnoticeable.

Victory Day displays lasted for quite some time, and Queen Vivienne pulled all the stops to ensure her people enjoyed every second. She also did most of the work, and Glimmer hardly needed to concentrate through most of it. His magenta eyes drifted towards Lucien, who was approaching the pair at a rather rapid pace. Smirking wickedly at a sudden idea, the conman conjured a much smaller illusion to cover his sweeping train of peacock feathers momentarily... giving the Guard Captain just enough time to trip on it and go skidding over the edge of the platform.

It was a considerable drop, and perhaps due to his prior injury, the boy hadn't been able to right himself midair and instead hit the cobblestone below with an impressive thump. Most of the onlookers didn't notice, or more likely didn't care, but a few at the front had started panicking. Really, what a dull thing to worry about during the famous Magic Display!

Glimmer was sure the Queen would lose her mind over the fate of her darling brat, but he felt no remorse... it was a fate Paradisia's most hated resident entirely deserved.

Interacting: uhhh, anyone in the crowd area?

Jason Riley
3297840a6a4af26c861d2d4a99565ca1.jpg

Interactions: Open
Another work day come and gone. Trees cut down and cut into specific sizes and shapes. Jason dod the work of 20 men by himself every day. The logging company was happy to have him and they knew it. He moved more lumber than any other man or group of men they had. Each shift was paid by the log, so he was well liked by his companions. A day working with Jason was a good payday.

The work day was coming to a close and Jason was still working hard at the forests edge. Using the simple double bladed axe that was his fathers gift to take down trees. These trees were thick, so it took even him a good four or five swings to get through them. Once they fell he would meticulously stripped all its branches and cut it down to size. After that was done he dragged it back to the logging base. When that way done, he and the rest were paid for their days work and sent home.

Most did not return home. After their long day at work the wood spliters walked to see the magic display. Jason was one of them. He didn't often relax, so this was a rare opportunity.

Coming to the gathering he was the second tallest person there, dwarfed only by his mother who had come a bit earlier. He stood and watched the display with a smile. People around liked him or at least pretended to. Maybe because he and his mother were so large, but no one said anything to his face.

Jason smiled at the wonderous show of lights and magic. The only magic he was capable of was with his other axe and it was nothing like this. As he watched a sigh escaped him as he sat down. The thought crossed his mind. Maybe he would find someone to sit with him next year. Maybe his romantic fantasies would be realized by next years lovely show. He scoffed at his own thoughts entered his head. He was a decent enough guy as far as he could tell. The problem was he was 12'6". Not many people wanted to be with a guy this size. He had come to accept the fact that his chances of a normal relationship was just a pipe dream.

With a somber sigh his eyes rose back to the immaculate display of magic above him. Watching the magic fill the sky and create such an amazing sight.

Herbert
interaction
herbert while he did enjoy the magic display finding it fabulous enough that the demlemon had already managed three pages of sketches based upon some of the more grandiose sections, the area around the tall inhuman creature had become much wider as his tall wagged with excitement threading to split anyone whom was caught in its arc in twain He’d notice The well death of A certain person he’d perviously taken a interest in that being lucien. Thusly Herbert would begin approaching where he saw the body hit the ground carefully curiosity getting the better of him.

The day was rather uneventful, the sound of wind whistling through the deciduous forest that coated the horizon in front of Paradisia. Something broke free from the hold of the shade that was cast upon the detritus covered floor. The light of the sunset washed their dark mossy green fur with soft orange and pink. The creature seemed to stop for a second, sprawling its arms out so soak it all in. The day cooled tremendously as the sunset and the moon came into view to see over the rumbling of cheers and good vibrations that bellowed throughout the city.

The creature continued its light-footed stumbling through long grass plains and hills as the golden-white crown of the land came into view. Three firey eyes spiraled around each other like dancing faeries from the infernal lands as it took in the surrounding area. Empty houses and farmlands that would seem so lonely and desolate if it weren't for the concentration of life within the white rings of Paradisia.

It stumped onto a paved path through the city gates and past stone houses. The cheering could only get louder from this point on. The sparkling of magic crackled around its face, as the display of illusions created a current through the aethersphere. Its footsteps and presence seemed to be unnoticeable within the crowd as it snuck past a few guards. It positioned itself behind the crowd to see the display easier, its head tilted to the side and hands locked together. Its gaze focused on the queen and became penetrating. The ghostly whisps in the void under its hood widened and crackled before becoming pinpoints.

Jason Riley
3297840a6a4af26c861d2d4a99565ca1.jpg

Interactions: Open
There were very few people that ever truly cared to actively seek combat with Jason. His size, strength and endurance were far too intimidating for most. That being said, he often found himself wondering why size was such an important factor. Considering they lived in a world where magic exists, that should be enough for most to try their luck. However, it was a testament to how instinctual people could be. Despite all advantages you could possibly have, instinctively you feel a sense of fear towards something larger than you by such a degree. This was a base instinct that even animals had. It was smart.

Artemis looked at her son. It had been many years since they had started to live with each other. She had grown quite good at seeing his moods and knew he was upset. She understood his plight. He just didn't fit in neatly to any place. Too small to be accepted by giants and far too large to live a truly normal life here. Artemis nudged him with a smile "Come now my sweet boy. You can't be sad now."

Jason smirked at his mothers poorly vieled attempt at lightly prodding into his emotions "I'm sorry mother. My thoughts were plaguing me again." He held his smile for only a moment before it returned to his sad and blank staring off into some day dream.

Artemis looked at him with such sorrow. She hated the fact that she couldn't help him at this point in his life. This was something he had to handle. Still, she wanted to help. It wasn't that he was unliked. Actually, her son was very much loved by many. His fellow workers, the adventurers knew him by name and told stories of his fighting. The only thing that ever really held him back was his own head. What was she going to do?

77c8337a7ff348d09ba2bcfdb4d6ffb0.jpg
Hemry | interacting? spookie spookie (Lucien's corpse?)

Hemry wasn’t exactly sure what had just happened. At first, he was enjoying the various colors of the sky, feeling somewhat relaxed even. Then, the self-proclaimed clown watched with awe as the bug-eyed guard captain seemed to join in on the fun, perhaps part of the colorful man’s show? As he made contact with the ground, Hemry was finally convinced. He rose with such enthusiasm that the person next to him had to smack their hands over their ears. “Amazing!” He clapped, faster.

“Simply…simply…amazing! What a show!” When some of the crowd started panicking, Hemry was still convinced it was part of the show. Being the dramatist that he was, he raised his hands towards the heavens, shouting, “Listen, I will alleviate all of your worries!” In a flash, he swiped a stick from an elderly man, walked up to Lucien’s body and proceeded to prod his shoulder…rather aggressively. “Hello? Hello, Mr. Captain! Can you feel this? Oh, what a man of show you are!” He crouched next to his body, appearing to look sad as he wiped tears from his cheek. It was quite a shame, really. If he had lived a longer life, he could have suffered more. Hemry made a show of placing a random napkin from his pocket, on top of Lucien's head. It was the best he could do for now.

Last edited:

• Mori
    full
    So caught up in the wonder of the luminescent sky was Mori, that he'd inadvertently begun to levitate a bit. This proved to be an unfortunate habit of his, or so Mysteria had said... something about it looking creepy to regular people, a concept which held little concern for the boy. He'd always found it strange how much mortals cared what others thought of them.

Drifting somewhat aimlessly through the mass of people with his head up so as not to miss a moment of sparkling beauty, Mori's vision was soon obstructed by two very tall beings. He found their covering of the magical display a bit unfortunate, but did not hold any negative feelings towards them for it. It seemed the shorter one of the pair already carried a heavy heart, and Mori could sense his wistful energy in an otherwise upbeat crowd quite easily. Going off of that and their earlier conversation, the strange boy had a good idea of what was happening. Most mortals felt an innate urge to fit in and be accepted, though a few fought against such confines wildly and valued individuality above all else... it was complete indifference such as his own that was truly rare. This one, unique-looking as he might have been, was no different.

Blinking slowly, he then made his way in front of the towering man and floated upwards a bit, so that what he said wouldn't be lost in the hundreds of voices below. "Birds drown in water, fish die in air. Everyone belongs somewhere, but no one belongs everywhere," Mori said, his voice flat and whispery yet somehow as clear and calming as the soft ringing of a bell.

Perhaps his words would serve to comfort this great being, or perhaps they would not. How one interpreted such sayings was none of Mori's concern, and he floated back to earth rather casually before turning nearly invisible once again and vanishing into the sea of cheering watchers. Mysteria was still nowhere to be found, and it seemed he would be spending the night alone... not that he particularly minded. Her company was surely enjoyable, but Mori simply did not experience emotions such as loneliness, and thus couldn't really miss someone.

— • —✧— • —​

Not belonging entirely to the land of the living made it far easier to sense when another was departing, though Mori hadn't been expecting such an occurance during the Queen's lovely magic display. "How unfortunate for her," he mused, "to work so hard and have a mortal ignore all of it for something as mundane as dying." From what he could sense, the spirit hadn't entirely yet left. Instead, it was trapped somewhere between the two worlds, half in and half out. How interesting.

Thinking he could perhaps aid the unfortunate creature in passing properly, Mori increased his pace until he reached the location of the incident. Already, a man in a strange costume was prodding the fallen boy with some sort of cane. Squares of thin white paper obscured his face, but the outfit easily identified him as one of the Royal Guards. Tilting his head curiously, Mori then removed his sheathed sword and began to poke the lifeless form as well, imitating the clown and getting harsher as his target (rather predictably) failed to respond. The entire scene was incredibly comical to Mori, and an eerie giggle escaped from his pale lips as onlookers gasped in distress.

Interactions: EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy (Jason); adropofdew- adropofdew- (Hemry)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back