• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
"It can still be used for courting," Randy interjected. "Under the right circumstances..." Dancing was fun, added some showmanship and pizzazz. It could show off a person's style, or help attract a lover.
~~~
"I...might swing by tonight," Lynn replied. "It...would be fun to dance again...just for fun..." She was still sorting out how she felt about the whole essence draining thing, if it regenerated over time and she'd just feel tired afterword, then it sounded like a minor inconvenience. If she did show up at the bar tonight, it wouldn't be just to see Alyssa; hopefully she was setting expectations well and there wouldn't be any hard feelings, despite how awkwardly her words came out.

She cleared her throat and started to talk to Tom again. "Her name would have been Rachel Aquari at the time, now Rachel Summers. Her identity change happened about twenty-five years ago, before I was born."

Interacted: Gwalihir Gwalihir
Nearby: SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD gaY jail gaY jail

Last edited:
Cass looks at Tom “Thats just the the way he thinks. Plus he's mad at me for which you heard everything” He sits down on a nearby chair.” I trained him and he taught himself to think while pacing. I was caught up with Lucifer followers.” He sighs

Adam came back after 10 minutes and sits back down at the breakfast table. He was not having it today. He couldn't even process his emotions so he was having an indoor breakdown Which on the outside he looks mad.
Gwalihir Gwalihir shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Last edited:
<< Cass looks at Tom “Thats just the the way he thinks. Plus he's mad at me for which you heard everything” He sits down on a nearby chair.” I trained him and he taught himself to think while pacing. I was caught up with Lucifer followers.” He sighs >>

Tom listened. “Interesting. But still, I think he needs some kind of help. He appears to be in over his head: no doubt that’s why he was given a ‘vacation?’ If there’s anything we can do, please let us know.”

<< "It can still be used for courting," Randy interjected. "Under the right circumstances..." >>

Merlin smiled and nodded. “I have no doubt. But I cannot tell what steps they follow on the dance floor now, and should be a stumbling old fool if I tried to join in as I saw the young folk dancing now. And almost certainly I should have to change my whole wardrobe once again: these ‘suits,’ as I believe you call them, are most distinguished, but I saw not one person on the dance floor last night so attired. And I daresay I spent my funds last night on drinks, to my chagrin…”

<< "I...might swing by tonight," Lynn replied. "It...would be fun to dance again...just for fun..." >>

Alyssa laughed. “Well of course it would be just for fun: what else would dancing be for? Let the men talk of courting, but ‘girls just wanna have fun,’ right?”

She reached out and gave Lynn’s arm a friendly squeeze. “I will look forward to seeing you tonight, then,” she smiled.

<< [Azalea] turned back to Vibeke. “Here’s a box for your demon, and another for you. Help yourself. And come back when you have a chance, and we’ll talk more, okay?” >>
Tom noticed Azalea and the new young lady, and the offer of the boxes with curiosity. “Good morning! Azalea: something new going on today?”

Azalea nodded. “Yes and no. Just helping out this young lady for now: she’ll be back soon to discuss her situation with us. I didn’t think you’d mind sharing some of this breakfast.”

<< "Her name would have been Rachel Aquari at the time, now Rachel Summers. Her identity change happened about twenty-five years ago, before I was born." >>

Tom nodded, taking down the notes in his notepad. “I’ll get right on that. But meanwhile, Alyssa? Would you do me the great favor of taking Merlin shopping for some appropriate evening wear for a gentleman? Here is for expenses…”

He passed her a few 100’s, then gave Mai a kiss. “You might do better at the shopping, but I’d rather you were around when I finish checking these records for Lynn. Be right back…”

gaY jail gaY jail , shadowdude505 shadowdude505 , SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD

"You don't have to follow what the other people are doing, some people just dance to the beat of their own drum," Roxy said to Merlin. "Randy and I could show you some moves, if you'd like. Maybe some disco?"

Suddenly, Randy got a funny, yet cool, image in his head of Merlin in 70s get up. "Hell ya!" He whipped out his phone and started to search for disco clips on his YouTube app. He had just pulled up a clip, when it sounded like Merlin would be leaving to go shopping soon.

"Maybe I can show you later then..."
~~~
Lilith watched the interaction between Alyssa and Lynn, making a mental note of the arm touch. As a shy succubus, it would help her to incorporate a move like that; though if she had the amulet, her touch would bring out the lust in the others (assuming the person being touched didn't have a good handle on those emotions.)

Lynn gave Alyssa a friendly smile and nodded. As much as she'd like to be pursued by someone romantically, sometimes it did get a bit annoying when multiple guys in a row tried to hit on her.

She began to think about being on the dance floor, the lights, the music... "It's going to be a blast," Lynn replied.

She quickly got up to follow Tom, leaving an empty plate (foodwise) on the table.
~~~
Mai smiled lovingly at Tom after the kiss. She wondered what he meant by wanting her around after he helped the mermaid. Was he going to give the succubi their amulets and wanted her around in case the flirty energy got to be too much? Or was she looking at it too deeply and he just wanted her around.

She later noticed the angry look on Adam's face, but decided it was best to let him process things himself until he seemed ready to talk about it.

Gwalihir Gwalihir SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD

“That’s fine, I understand things like this can happen everywhere, you’re not to blame.”

Seeing Azalea treating it like a not-so-uncommon occurrence rather than a funny joke, was the spark that set off the girl’s choice to go on with it, and perhaps, her intentions were close to the process of creating something useful with her words that would remain nameless to the end.

Inside the kitchen she kept a small profile, as well as lowering her voice a bit upon noticing there were other people in.
Vibeke smiled at her as a sign of reassurance when she acted concerned shortly after hearing her words.
stole a glance of the breakfast. Genuinely amazed by the quantity of the food Azalea put on the table she remained silent for a moment. Sure, she loved the food made by her sister or her adoptive parents, but to see such a rich breakfast for her, it
revived her childhood's memories for an instant, reason she became quiet for that instant.

“Thank you so, so much. I don’t want to abuse your kindness any further, nor do I want you risking getting hurt for getting involved. This.. “demon” may sometimes order me around, but never did me any harm. Besides.. I am just a person without much power and I don’t know very much detail about them. I don’t see a way and a reason I could be set free."

(It's a bit rushed but I made oof)

Gwalihir Gwalihir , shadowdude505 shadowdude505 , SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD

Cass only sighs “He’s the type who tries to see both sides. When he learned about the uprising of Lucifer, he thought he was right in his own way. He's more of a netural angel like he's more in the middle. He's really hard to explain. He's also a watcher angel he's been here since the Pilgrims. I'm always a watcher But I follow God. I don't think you can do anything to help him.”
He watches Adam closely and grabs a price of toast. (will post Adam tomorrow since it's late) Gwalihir Gwalihir

<< Roxy said to Merlin. "Randy and I could show you some moves, if you'd like. Maybe some disco?" >>

Merlin considered the offer and smiled. “I should be delighted to learn some ‘moves’ from you. Is this ‘disco’ the term for what they are dancing out on the floor now?”

Alyssa laughed, coming over to Merlin. “Not exactly. It was a brief trend fifty years ago. But _some_ of the moves are still fashionable. We’ll be trying to dress you for this century, though, not the last one.”

She stroked his moustache lightly. “This ages you. If you wish to do well with the ladies, a smoothly shaven face would be better.”

Merlin nodded to her. “I surrender myself to your capable hands, milady. I trust you to bring me fully up-to-date.”

“Then let’s go,” she replied. And the two departed.

<< “Thank you so, so much. I don’t want to abuse your kindness any further, nor do I want you risking getting hurt for getting involved. This.. “demon” may sometimes order me around, but never did me any harm. Besides.. I am just a person without much power and I don’t know very much detail about them. I don’t see a way and a reason I could be set free." >>

Azalea pursed her lips. “Hmmm. As far as risk taking goes, please let me make up my own mind on that. I am glad to know this demon hasn’t harmed you yet, so you do not seem to be in dire peril. But it is an affront to liberty for a person to fall so thoroughly under the control of another, and I would not see that continue if I can prevent it.

“As for power, don’t worry your head about that. The group here took on Morgan le Fay and won: I should be very surprised if your demon were more powerful than she. So I am sure there is a way. But the reason? That needs to come from you. You will need to want to be free enough to fight for it. We can support you in the fight, but we can’t do it all for you or you’ll just fall back under someone’s control instead of landing on your own two feet.

“So, you think about it, and if you decide you really want to be free, come back. We’ll be here.”

<< Cass only sighs “He’s the type who tries to see both sides. When he learned about the uprising of Lucifer, he thought he was right in his own way. He's more of a neutral angel like he's more in the middle. He's really hard to explain. He's also a watcher angel; he's been here since the Pilgrims. I'm always a watcher But I follow God. I don't think you can do anything to help him.” >>

Tom frowned. “It sounds like what I thought I understood about angels is all wrong. I thought Lucifer led an uprising, and all those who followed him were cast down. I didn’t think there was a middle ground.

“Please remember: I am a thousand year old vampire on a path of redemption. I find it difficult to believe anyone is beyond help: even a neurotic angel.”

Tom led Lynn up the stairs and to one of the rooms, which had been set up as an office. He offered her a seat, then dug into a drawer full of files in the desk.

“Rachel Aquari, Rachel Summers… let’s see… if I find the file, what were you hoping I might be able to give you from it? My files are a little thin: a photo, photocopies of identity documents I provided, notes on dates and payment rendered when payment was available. No kinds of family records, not even anything about where they went or where I was when they contacted me. So: what are you looking for?”

He had just selected a dusty, faded old manila folder, placed it on the desk and was returning the rest of them to the drawer when a muffled voice came from the next room.

“Hello? Is there anyone out there?”

Tom slapped his forehead. “Altheus! I forgot all about him! Excuse me a minute: I need to let him out for breakfast.”

Tom went out in the hallway, jingled some keys and unlocked the door to Altheus’ room.

“My apologies. Breakfast is available downstairs. Don’t try to run, or Mark and Lucius might be tempted to do something drastic. I will join you shortly.”

Tom came back into the room. “Now, where were we?”

Altheus headed downstairs, pausing as he entered the kitchen. He looked around uncomfortably at the crowd there, then cleared his throat.

“Tom said I could have some breakfast. If you don’t mind…”

He walked to the sideboard and picked up a plate, then filled it with scrambled eggs, sausage links and French toast. After dousing the French toast in syrup and getting some orange juice he paused, checking out the seating arrangements. With his head down, he walked over to a corner of the table furthest away from anyone, and began to eat...

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 , gaY jail gaY jail , SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD

"I donno...," Lynn started to reply. "My mom's still around, I just don't live with her anymore. I'm an adult, I have my own life."

She sat down on an empty chair.

"Mom didn't talk much about her mermaid history...she just told me what I needed to know to stay alive. Drink plenty of water, take regular baths, and don't show my tail unless I know I'm alone...that kind of stuff. I guess she figured there was no going back after she came on land and didn't want to distract me from a human-ish life. Well...Atlantis can stay lost for all I care...I guess....I guess I'm just searching for the hand of fate...that maybe I'm crossing paths with a place, or someone, she did way back then."
~~~
Roxy and Randy waved goodbye to Merlin and then went back to eating.

After Altheus grabbed some food and grabbed a seat, Roxy couldn't help staring for a moment. She didn't look mad, it looked more like she was wondering what she had been so afraid of. She quickly turned her attention to the scar on her arm; the one Altheus had given her as a werewolf. He had seemed so intimidating back then, but after the trail, she had started to see his human side. For all his bluster, he was also just a sad man deep down.

Roxy and Randy left him alone, letting him eat in peace.
~~~
Mai sat down and finished eating her food.

"That was good, ladies," she said, complementing the nymphs' cooking. She put away her empty plate, grabbing Lynn's in the process.

She sat down at one of the booths and started to get comfy, not really caring that she was still in her night gown kimono. She clothed her eyes and shifted into a partial kitsune form; sprouting her ears and tail. Black whisker-like markings appeared on her cheeks. If her eyes were open, they'd looks brown-ish orange with slits for pupils.

"Uh...excuse me, Miss Mai..."

"Hmmm?" Mai opened her eyes and flashed the shy succubus a warm smile. "What is it, cutie?"

"I...is there something I should be doing now?"

"What to you want to do? Hang out? Go shopping? Up to you. You may not want to go far though, once Tom is done helping the mermaid, he might get your amulets ready; if they aren't already done," Mai replied. "I was a little distracting last night...," she added quietly.

Lilith's face went red. Maybe she should take notes on Mai's behavior; she seemed a succubus, just without the essence draining part. "I...I'd like to stay here....I want to enjoy not having powers for a while... It's a long story, but I was in the process of moving in with my sisters. My suitcase was still in the car, so...I don't need to shop or anything...."

After a brief pause for thinking, Lilith spoke up again. "I guess I'll go get dressed for the day...If Tom needs me, could you come up and get me."

"Sure thing." She closed her eyes again, content to just listen to her surroundings.

Gwalihir Gwalihir SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD gaY jail gaY jail

Vibeke

Her kindness is praiseworthy without a doubt, as I am only a stranger, but I trust she will just give up eventually. Jeez, this looks troublesome.. Morgan Le Fay. Why did my family chose to move right inside this city-

After she recalled the little she knew about that name, she smacked herself internally, but on the outside, careful to not overdo it, she managed to maintain the facade of an innocent damsel in distress.

“I understand, I’m just.. Scared. If I were to want to go to them, I would be pretty much in the dark about the whole location and true identity thing. And I can’t say the same for them on my end. I will... Think about it, but if I could come to.. Pass the time or find some solace... It’s not like you will reject me, right?

Looking nervous, the youth paused (after “end”) unsure if to say or not the last phrases, but she ended up putting on a brave face, a look that however disappeared very quickly when she realized she was swept away with the conversation and as a result she had forgotten to ask something important. Vibeke started to reach into the bag she carried, stopping presumably the moment she found what she was searching for, and raised again her gaze to look at Azalea.
“Uhm, this is really sudden, I’m sorry, but how much do I owe you for breakfast?

<< "Mom didn't talk much about her mermaid history…

...I guess I'm just searching for the hand of fate...that maybe I'm crossing paths with a place, or someone, she did way back then." >>

Tom listened attentively, then cleared his throat. “Well, if that’s all you’re looking for, then at least I can tell you that yes, I was the one who helped your mother establish a new identity. You may recognize her from these photos, one before, one after her identity switch.”

He showed her two pictures which barely looked like the same girl. One had French braids with seashells woven into her hair, and a rather wild, untamed look about her: the other, the hair was lightened and highlighted, feathered and down to her shoulders, and her face was made up with some cosmetics, not too much but rather a subtle approach. That one closely resembled other photos she had seen of her mother in early days.

“Does this make you feel better? Like you have found that connection?”

<< “Uhm, this is really sudden, I’m sorry, but how much do I owe you for breakfast? >>

Azalea shook her head and smiled. “As soon as you shared your troubles with us, you became family. The food is free. Just come back to us when you can, and we’ll try to help you figure out what path will be best for you, okay?”

SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD , shadowdude505 shadowdude505 , gaY jail gaY jail

Cass pulls Adam to another room to talk to him. Even though Adam doesn't want to. Shouting could be heard from the room at their in. After a while, Adam goes to paint a picture outside. Cass goes to try to make things better even though it won't work.

Lynn was speechless. It was really her.

She gently grabbed the photos for a closer look. "...What are the odds?" she asked, not really expecting an answer.

A part of her wanted to keep the pictures, but only felt comfortable taking the after photo. She had seen a lot of "human" photos of her mom though, and ultimately decided not to keep the photos; she handed them back to Tom.

"Thank you...for helping her. I don't know where she'd...where I'd be without you..." She stood up from the chair and held out a hand for Tom to shake.

"I have a jog to finish and clients to see, but my nights are always open, so consider me a new regular." Lynn said with a smile.

She left Tom's office and the bar.
~~~
Hearing the mermaid's footsteps, Mai opened her eyes and watched her leave. The kitsune then stood up and walked over to Tom

"You wanted me to hang around. Did you need me for something?" she asked in a flirty tone as she made her fox features vanish; her eyes shifted back into human brown eyes.

Gwalihir Gwalihir
~~~
It was odd hearing angels argue; maybe they were more human than people generally believed.

When the angels walked out of the room, Roxy foresaw more arguing. She followed Cass.

"I don't fully know what's going on between you two...," she said softly. "But I think Adam could use some space; some time to process things. More arguing isn't going to help him."

SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD

<< "Thank you...for helping her. I don't know where she'd...where I'd be without you..." She stood up from the chair and held out a hand for Tom to shake.

"I have a jog to finish and clients to see, but my nights are always open, so consider me a new regular." Lynn said with a smile. >>

Had Tom been able to, he would have blushed. “You’re welcome. It’s just something I feel strongly about: giving people the freedom to be themselves. I suppose that’s because for a time, I wasn’t.”

He stood and shook her hand. “I heard someone say you do some kind of exercise training? Sounds like an enjoyable job. And we’ll be happy to see you, any night at all.”

<< Hearing the mermaid's footsteps, Mai opened her eyes and watched her leave. The kitsune then stood up and walked over to Tom.

"You wanted me to hang around. Did you need me for something?" she asked in a flirty tone... >>

Tom smiled down and wrapped his arm around her. “Always. Just not for anything specific. So, I heard a bit more yelling? For angels, I was really expecting something a lot more mature, and, well, ‘angelic.’ Makes me wonder about the heavenly realms: can it really be a paradise with beings like this in it?”

gaY jail gaY jail , SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD . shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Samantha could be seen sitting down in the room she had been hiding in for days. Her leg ached more than she had been willing to admit, and she had ignored most of the commotion going on below her in the bar. Perhaps it wasn’t fair for anyone else that she was constantly hiding away. A lot had happened since she had gone to her room and the notebook she held said no different. Inhaling, she leaned against the door, waiting.

Mai chuckled as Tom put his arms around her. She pressed her hands against his chest and started to trace a small circle with a finger.

"I'm sure there are mature ones out there, we've only met two," she replied. "Or maybe...humans have started to rub off on them after all these centuries, but I'm not really one to talk about such things..."

Growing up in Japan, she was surrounded with a more Eastern view of religion; but as a femme fatale type, she believed more in herself than in gods or a God. That is until she met Tom. She didn't worship him, but she didn't see him as a tool to be used either.

"But I do know one thing...we can make it through anything if we're together," she added softly, with a flirty smile. It sounded so sappy, but she didn't really care. She was done trying to sort out the supernatural world and decided to just take things as they came.

She wrapped her arms around Tom and placed her head against his chest. For a moment, she just stood there silently; enjoying the warm, fuzzy, feeling inside.

"I hate to kill the moment...but I think it's time that I change out of my sleeping clothes."
~~~
Lilith came back downstairs, wearing her hoody, some pants, and sneakers. She didn't see Lynn; it seemed like she had left. Lilith shyly pressed her fingers together, thinking about what to do next now that the closest thing she had as a friend (post-succubus powers) was busy with the rest of her day.

She noticed that Fatima was still around and walked up to her. "You said you manage the girls around here...um...is there anything extra I'll need to know living and working here? Any rules, besides...um...not killing anyone? Will I room with the nymphs? Or have a room near Mai?...or my sisters?"

Lilith felt like that was a lot of questions. "Um...s...sorry," she apologized, frowning shyly and pressing her pointer fingers together.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

There came a soft knock at Sammy’s door, but not who she was expecting or hoping for.

“Yo, girl? I am Joseph, the phoenix you have heard them talk about. I sense emotion, and I feel you having a hard time of it, lots of pain. Is there anything I can do?”

Joseph’s voice was calm and warm, as one might expect from a 100-year’s old empath. He waited patiently for her to answer or open the door.

<< She pressed her hands against his chest and started to trace a small circle with a finger. >>

He gave her a little extra squeeze in his hug, acknowledging the touch.

<< "I'm sure there are mature ones out there, we've only met two," she replied. "Or maybe...humans have started to rub off on them after all these centuries, but I'm not really one to talk about such things..." >>

“Yes,” Tom admitted, “We’ve only met two. But two for two: that’s not encouraging. Do you suppose they might have some sort of supervisor angel, one who ranks above them who would set them straight? Maybe there’s a summoning ritual we could try…

“Rubbing off? Dear God, let’s hope not. I’d hate to see what the universe would be like run by human-like angels instead of celestially minded beings.

“As for whether you’re qualified to talk about them, I’d say you’re as qualified as anyone. They don’t fit the traditional role we think angels fit, so they’re as much a mystery to us as to you.”

<< "But I do know one thing...we can make it through anything if we're together," >>

Tom chuckled. “What, have you been listening to the Partridge Family, or Hannah Montana?” he teased gently.

<< She wrapped her arms around Tom and placed her head against his chest. For a moment, she just stood there silently; enjoying the warm, fuzzy, feeling inside.

"I hate to kill the moment...but I think it's time that I change out of my sleeping clothes."
>>

Tom leaned back against the counter and quietly held her, his nose brushing across her hair.

Just as she finished speaking he turned his head and sneezed. “You can blame me for killing the moment if you like. I should remember my nose is a little ticklish.

“But yeah, I suppose we can’t have you lounging about all day like some lady of leisure. I’ll see you in a bit, when you’re all presentable.”

<< She noticed that Fatima was still around and walked up to her. "You said you manage the girls around here...um...is there anything extra I'll need to know living and working here? Any rules, besides...um...not killing anyone? Will I room with the nymphs? Or have a room near Mai?...or my sisters?"

Lilith felt like that was a lot of questions. "Um...s...sorry," she apologized, frowning shyly and pressing her pointer fingers together. >>

Fatima looked up and smiled. “Hello! I don’t think we’ve been properly introduced yet. I am Fatima, and I didn’t catch your name?

“Feel free to grab some breakfast and take a seat. I’ll be happy to answer any questions you have. Let me see, where to start…”

Fatima waited until Lilith was properly situated before she began. “Let’s see: rules? Yes, I must admit that ‘no killing’ is one rule we’re fairly strict on.

“Upstairs, there are two kinds of rooms. The smaller rooms have just a bed, some pillows, and a few hooks on the wall to hang clothes. I am sure you can imagine what those rooms are for. Thomas has arranged with the magicians for the rooms to be cleaned and refreshed automatically every time they are closed and left empty.

“The other rooms? We have sleeping quarters meant for sleeping with a bath at the end of the hall, but also private rooms that have their own baths. In the case of you and your sisters, we have a suite with two bedrooms with two beds each, a mini kitchen and a private bath. We have similar suites for the nymphs as well.

“I think it will be clear what you want to do about the men you bring up. I understand that succubi can heighten a man’s erotic pleasure, driving him to a more energetic, even frenzied love-making, and that this generates the intense emotion and desire that you feed from. As long as you only drain off that excess and enough for the man to feel worn out by his ‘exertions,’ as it were, they’ll keep coming back for more and be totally satisfied. And you’ll be well fed and well paid. We do expect a small fee for rent and food, but you’ll have plenty left over for your personal expenses.

“I suspect that you and your sisters will be more highly valued and pursued than the nymphs. The nymphs are spirits made flesh with one focus, one obsession, and they are prized over normal human women, but there is something ‘impersonal’ in their type of love-making. You and your sisters are individuals, with personality and tastes and other interests. That makes a difference in the bedroom as well as at the bar.

“You need never apologize for asking us to make things more clear for you. We are happy to. Are there any other questions you have for me?”

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 , BasilOwO BasilOwO , SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD

Cass stops and tilts his head listening to the angle radio. Angel radio lets angels communicate with each other. Hearing something he walks out and goes somewhere not to be seen for a while.

Adam flys off somewhere and goes to a cabin in the woods to talk to someone. “ I need help with something” as he sits down. The young woman, he is talking to is one of the people he helped in the past few years. “ What's wrong? “ She sits next to him.

"I've been listening to you, and I'm always presentable, tiger," Mai replied with a playful grin.

She walked to her room and came out looking like a Japanese movie star. She wore a kimono-ish top, white pants, and loafers. She leaned against the doorway in Tom's office and made a foxy pose before taking a seat. She crossed her legs in a feminine way and started to relax.

"What's on the agenda today? Helping the succubi move in?" she asked.
~~~
"I...I'm Lilith," the succubus replied. She had already eaten breakfast, so she just followed Fatima and sat next to her. She listened carefully. Her face went red as she touched on succubus things. "It" was just a normal part of being a succubus. She'd done "it" before, but she had accidentally drained too much the first time (mostly because she didn't think she had her powers.) After that incident, her sisters had given her some pointers. Lilith thought she'd be OK now. She'd just need an amulet.

"T...that covers enough for now," Lilith replied, nervously pressing her fingers together. She was beginning to feel conflicted. She knew she'd need the amulet to feed, but a part of her was enjoying the restrictive nature of the shroud; but if she enjoyed it for too long, she'd end up an old woman (even though she was in the prime of her human life) and die.

"Thank you."

Lilith stood up and found Tom in his office. Mai was there too, looking relaxed and pretty. Kitsune or not, she'd blend in pretty well with her sisters.

"M...morning, Mr. Tom...Miss Mai," Lilith said shyly.

"Just call me Mai, cutie. 'Miss' makes me sound old." Mai wasn't that old, for a kitsune anyway. She gave Lilith a warm smile and didn't seem angry over the respectful title.

"OK...Um..." Lilith stuttered before finding her train of thought. "Thanks for helping my sisters, both of you...I appreciated it. And thanks for letting us stay here...Um..." She fidgeted shyly, pressing her fingers together. "H...How long does it take to make the amulets? I...uh....didn't quite get my fill before coming here last night...I'm...uh...what you'd call a late bloomer..." She blushed. The shy look on her face seemed to say that she didn't want to explain any more than that. "As oddly freeing as being locked out of my powers is...I should probably feed tonight...or tomorrow..." She didn't sound to happy about having to feed; mostly stuck in a strange mental loop of confidence followed by a lack of confidence.
~~~
After Lilith had walked off, Randy walked up to Fatima. "You're Fatima? I hear you helped Roxy when she first arrived here," he said. He held out a hand. "Thank you. I'm Randy."

Roxy blinked as the angels went off to do their own thing. At least they weren't arguing anymore. She walked over to Randy's side and smiled at Fatima.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

<< She leaned against the doorway in Tom's office and made a foxy pose before taking a seat. She crossed her legs in a feminine way and started to relax.

"What's on the agenda today? Helping the succubi move in?" she asked. >>

Tom looked up from his laptop on the desk and grinned. “You know you are quite the distraction for a poor fellow trying to work. Not that that’s a complaint, you understand.

“I’m sure Fatima will have the succubi situation well in hand. My bigger concern is what to do about Altheus. We may not assign him the death penalty, but that doesn’t mean we can let him go scott free after murdering eight wolves in cold blood, or in the heat of passion, however you choose to look at it. It’s not like we have preternatural prisons for this kind of thing. Generally such an offense would indeed lead to the death penalty, or at least punishment which would be defined as “cruel and unusual:” say, being locked up in a coffin for five years, alive but starving to death and suffering the confinement and sensory deprivation. I think even Roxy would object to that, so what do we do? Ten lashes from a silver whip? Some sort of penance duty? But if so, what?”

<< "M...morning, Mr. Tom...Miss Mai," Lilith said shyly...

… "H...How long does it take to make the amulets? I...uh....didn't quite get my fill before coming here last night...I'm...uh...what you'd call a late bloomer..."

..."As oddly freeing as being locked out of my powers is...I should probably feed tonight...or tomorrow..." >>

“Good morning, Lilith,” Tom replied. “You may call me Tom or Thomas, as you prefer.

“I actually placed the request for the amulets last night, and they should be ready before we open tonight at 6:00. So you and your sisters should be free to use your powers while entertaining guests all evening. I hope that will be soon enough?”

<< After Lilith had walked off, Randy walked up to Fatima. "You're Fatima? I hear you helped Roxy when she first arrived here," he said. He held out a hand. "Thank you. I'm Randy."

Roxy blinked as the angels went off to do their own thing. At least they weren't arguing anymore. She walked over to Randy's side and smiled at Fatima. >>

Fatima reached up from her seat and took Randy’s hand in a firm, friendly handshake. “Hello, Randy. I have seen you about, and hear good and interesting things about you. Welcome to our little group.

“Usually Azalea over there is the one to introduce new wolves to the Pack, but that night she was on stage when I saw Roxy come in, and it looked like Roxy needed some kind of help right away. I know you’ve already made acquaintance with Lucas, but Azalea can still help you out setting up your territory and introducing you to your neighbors. Not all of the wolves have come down to Last Castle, more’s the pity, so there are plenty you have not been introduced to.

“Hi, there, Roxy! How have things been going? I know it has been a wild couple of weeks, between Morgan la Fey and the trial and everything else that has happened. Are you ready to run away screaming?”

shadowdude505 shadowdude505

<“I actually placed the request for the amulets last night, and they should be ready before we open tonight at 6:00. So you and your sisters should be free to use your powers while entertaining guests all evening. I hope that will be soon enough?”>

"Oh...T...that sounds perfect," Lilith replied. "Thank you."

There wasn't anything else pressing on her mind; Tom seemed busy anyway, so she left his office with a shy awkwardness.

She wondered what she should do to kill some time. She didn't want to leave the bar; her powers would turn back on if she did. Maybe she could take a nap?
~~~
<"My bigger concern is what to do about Altheus.">

"That is a conundrum...," Mai told Tom after Lilith had left.

"I'm not sure what his punishment should be, but I have an inkling of what it shouldn't be. I think Altheus is a lovesick dog, but a lady friend isn't going to fix him...not without some work on his end. I think he should keep his distance from Roxy. Maybe he'll learn to give up his puppy love."
~~~
<Fatima reached up from her seat and took Randy’s hand in a firm, friendly handshake. “Hello, Randy. I have seen you about, and hear good and interesting things about you. Welcome to our little group.>

"Thanks," Randy said as he shook Fatima's hand.

<“Hi, there, Roxy! How have things been going? I know it has been a wild couple of weeks, between Morgan la Fey and the trial and everything else that has happened. Are you ready to run away screaming?”>

Roxy hugged Randy's arm. "It's been a lot...but I'm fine. Randy's here now, and all my new friends, and potential new friends..." She quickly glanced at Lilith, but the succubus didn't notice. "...help ground me. If things keep getting crazy, I don't think anything will surprise me anymore."

Gwalihir Gwalihir

<< "Oh...T...that sounds perfect," Lilith replied. "Thank you." >>

Tom shook his head. “Don’t mention it. You’ll make a very interesting addition to our ladies here. I hope you enjoy it.”

<< "That is a conundrum... ... Altheus is a lovesick dog, but a lady friend isn't going to fix him... I think he should keep his distance from Roxy. Maybe he'll learn to give up his puppy love." >>

Tom nodded. “There is that. But that’s not much of a sentence, really. Lucas and the other Pack members are damned near ready to draw and quarter him themselves, and who could blame them? If the punishment should fit the crime, the only conceivable punishment would seem to be death. I’m not even sure why we’re discussing alternatives right now, except for Roxy’s soft heart. I believe in redemption, but this guy? Not only did he murder eight men out of jealousy, but afterwards he cold bloodedly infected Roxy with the specific intent to claim her for his own. How does that not qualify as intended rape?”

He shook his head. “I don’t know about this. Every instinct I have is telling me we are making a mistake here. Redemption only happens when there is regret, and I’m not feeling any from Altheus. I think he still feels justified in what he did, and that would mean he’s not looking for redemption. So the only argument that could save his ass is mercy, pure and simple. Is this the right time and place for unmerited mercy?”

<< “Welcome to our little group.”

"Thanks," Randy said as he shook Fatima's hand.

“Are you ready to run away screaming?”

Roxy hugged Randy's arm. "It's been a lot...but I'm fine. Randy's here now, and all my new friends, and potential new friends..." She quickly glanced at Lilith, but the succubus didn't notice. "...help ground me. If things keep getting crazy, I don't think anything will surprise me anymore." >>

Fatima laughed. “We should warn people not to say such things. It’s a sure recipe for getting surprised.

“I am glad you’re so confident, though. Even last week, I could not have imagined where we would be at today, and with Merlin around I have a feeling things will only get more… interesting…”

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 , BasilOwO BasilOwO

"Then follow your gut," Mai replied, leaning back in the chair. "Some people waste their chances for redemption...It's tragic; but if it has to be a death sentence, than make it a humane one," she added matter-of-factly. A part of her felt like this whole situation was above her paygrade. She had no idea where to start for a suitable punishment; but if it was something that wouldn't let Tom sleep at night, then she wouldn't be able to sleep at night either.
~~~
"Maybe you're right...but there's got to be a point where a crazy situation can't get any crazier..." Roxy replied, rubbing the back of her head.

"Anyway...thanks again for your help."

Randy and Roxy gave Fatima one last smile before moving on over to Azalea.

"Now that I'm officially a werewolf, it sounds like we have some things to discuss. Neighbors, territory...if you aren't too busy, is now a good time?" Randy asked.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

<< "Maybe you're right...but there's got to be a point where a crazy situation can't get any crazier..." Roxy replied, rubbing the back of her head. >>

Fatima laughed. “And that is the other phrase we need to teach folks not to say. Keep throwing challenges out to the universe, and we’re all doomed.”

<< "Now that I'm officially a werewolf, it sounds like we have some things to discuss. Neighbors, territory...if you aren't too busy, is now a good time?" Randy asked. >>

Azalea smiled at them both. “Certainly. Just let me get my laptop, and we can have a look.”

She went upstairs a moment, then came back down with her computer in hand. After poking a few keys, she showed them a screen that at first looked like a black and white outline of dozens of scales on an alligator’s back, with a lot of writing on it. Some of the scales were rectangular, some were triangles, others trapezoids, but most were about the same size.

“Here is the map of territories as it stands at this moment. Since I am sure the two of you would prefer to hunt together, the easiest thing for now would be to assign Randy to join you on your territory. Of course, your territory is sized for you alone, so we would prefer to get you a larger one for the two of you to share. But that mostly depends on there coming open a vacancy: not something that happens frequently. I will of course keep my eyes and ears peeled and let you know as soon as something turns up.

“As far as neighborly introductions, I can call them together the third night of the full moon coming up, which will be three weeks from today. They’ll want the first night to themselves, then the second night is spent with the rest of the Pack, the third night is for personal business.”

She leaned forward, putting one hand under her chin and shaking her head. “Usually newcomers, I’m explaining to them about the transformation they have just gone through, how to approach Lucas and other members of the Pack-- you’ve already leapfrogged over all that for me. Now we just need to know what kind of wolf you’ll become. And I have no doubt that Lucas will simply take you in: the only challenges you might face, if you’re an Alpha, would be to find your standing in the Pack.

“If so, they’ll start you challenging someone low on the totem pole, and let you work your way up. Of course there’s no point in fighting too many challenges in one night: three is about the max for an introduction to the Pack.

“At some point you will have to challenge for your right to Roxy, but that will pretty much be a formality. You two have obviously picked each other, so they’ll assign someone definitely lower than you on the combat scale for the fight, you knock him around for a bit, he gives and she’s officially yours. It’s more symbolic of our wolven heritage than anything else.

“Anything else I can fill you in on?”

By this time Altheus had finished his breakfast and taken his plates to the sink, where the nymphs were washing up. Now he was standing irresolutely by the counter, hands in his pockets, shifting his feet, obviously unclear on where he was supposed to go or what he was supposed to do next...

shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Adam comes back later with a mutual face. He looks around before sitting down on a chair. Reaching for another plate of pancakes he starts eating. While eating he listens to his angel radio.

"We would prefer sharing a territory," Randy replied. "Does that mean we could be together before the whole claiming thing? There's a three month wait, right?"

"The pack meeting is the second night...so what should I expect for my first? Seeing my wolf form, getting classified as a beta or alpha, and chilling on what's currently just Roxy's territory?

Roxy just listened. She heard the door open and Adam walked in. It looked like he was doing better. She gave him a quick smile before turning her attention back to Azalea and Randy.

Gwalihir Gwalihir SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD
~~~
Mail glanced out of Tom's office and noticed Altheus.

"It looks like he's done eating...," she said, turning her head back toward Tom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back