• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Adam had gotten up and was pacing lost in thought.He was trying to remember something. He was quietly mumbling stuff that kinda made sense. His face lit up a bit as he heard the name of the place.
He had been in that area on a different mission at that time but had run across them. He decides to keep the information to himself. Then again watcher angels tend to travel a lot.

<< “Feeling any interesting vibes? Or is he telling the truth, as far as he knows?” She whispered. >>

Joseph snorted quietly. “Him started with the truth, but then he go lying like a two-bit ho. Nothing true after him get knocked out.”

Of course, with the keen hearing of both vampires and werewolves, almost everyone overheard. The room began rumbling again, some wolves incensed at the accusation against Altheus, some vampires now furious about the accusation against the ladies. Altheus himself rose up out of his seat in a fury.

“Are you gonna listen to this stranger, or your brother wolf? Who is he to call me a liar?”

Azalea rapped firmly on the floor with her staff a few times before the uproar subsided.

“This court will maintain order! Jury members will refrain from offering their opinions until the deliberation period, please!”

Joseph looked like he was preparing to respond, but at Azalea’s request he remained seated and said nothing. Eventually the room calmed down, and Azalea turned back to Tom.

“The defense may continue, please.”

Tom nodded. “The defense calls Anna Cooper to the stand.”

Anna stood, waving her blonde tresses back over her shoulder, and walked around the defense table to the witness stand.

Azalea nodded to Anna and waved to the seat. Anna sat down, squirming uncomfortably in the chair.

“Do you solemnly swear to tell this court the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?” Azalea asked.

Anna nodded. “I swear.”

Azalea nodded to Tom. “You may proceed.”

Tom cleared his throat. “State your name for the record, please.”

“It’s Anna Cooper, sir.” she replied.

“Thank you. Are these your sisters present with you?”

“Yes. That’s Alyssa, there’s Danielle, and back behind them is Lilith.”

“Thank you. Were you and your sisters together on the night of July 25th, 2019?”

“Me, Alyssa and Danielle were. Lilith was not.”

“Very well. Can you describe for us the events that transpired on that evening?”

Anna nodded. “We were hungry: it had been two weeks since we’d fed. Down at the docks, I charmed a boat owner to loan us his boat for the evening.”

“Do you remember the name of the boat?”

She nodded again. “It was the Blue Madrigal. It was a 30-foot yacht with a couple of rooms downstairs.”

“Thank you. And what happened next?”

“We went cruising for a bar that might have some men in it we could get to come with us. When we discovered the Pecos, we could tell they were all werewolves. We figured we’d struck gold, so we went in and did our usual thing.”

“Could you describe your ‘usual thing?’”

“We flirted, played music, danced with the guys, and sang. We got ‘em all fired up, then told them we had a boat and were going out for a midnight cruise. A bunch of them climbed in the back of a pickup and followed us.”

“Could you tell us how many ‘a bunch’ was?”

She shook her head. “Not really. We didn’t take a count more than to see there were more than two for each of us. Later we figured it was nine, but we didn’t give it no thought.”

“Do you remember their names?”

She shook her head again. “We never asked, they never told us. It wasn’t like we were on a date or nothin’. Everybody knew what it was all about.”

“Except they didn’t, did they? You didn’t tell them you were succubi, and you were going to suck out their life force, am I right?”

“No, sir. We didn’t. We never do.”

“So: do you see any of those men here tonight in the courtroom?”

“Just one, sir. The man with the sling on his arm over there.”

She pointed at Altheus. Tom nodded. “Let the record state that the witness identified one of the men who came on the boat that night as being Altheus Simms, the witness for the prosecution.

“So, what happened then?”

“We took ‘em out on the boat, like we said we would. I drove it out towards Catalina, ‘cause they have lots of pretty lights all out by the water.”

“So you didn’t know these were shark breeding grounds.”

“Didn’t know, never would have given it thought nohow. We had no plans to go swimming. All the action was gonna take place on the boat, if you know what I mean.”

“Suppose that I don’t know, Ms. Cooper. What _do_ you mean?”

She blushed. “Well, we took a couple of guys downstairs, two at a time. One of us would stay up top to keep the other guys entertained. An’ while the guys were downstairs with us, we would kiss them and drink their essence until they passed out.

“So you drained them of essence. How far would you say you drained them? Did you get over enthusiastic with any of them, perhaps drain them to the point of death?”

“Absolutely not, sir. We were hungry, but there were more than enough guys to go around. We didn’t need to feed deep from any one of them: just a bit of a fillup from each. Enough to knock them out, ‘cause they were all getting a little handsy and we didn’t want to waste time and make more of them impatient.”

“So, if there had been fewer guys you might have drained them further?”

“Well, we _might_ have. If there had only been one guy for each of us we’d have drawn it out, given them what they wanted and taken essence that way, too. But with this many we had to knock them out faster than that.”

“So: after you knocked out all the guys, were you still hungry?”

“Not at all, sir. We were full up.”

“Would you have been able to drain them any further?”

Anna squirmed again in her seat. “Well, sir, we might have been able to drain a little more, but not much. Once you’re full up, there’s just no point.”

“So: after you had knocked out all the guys, what did you do next?”

“We knew if we stuck around and they woke up, they’d be getting handsy again, and we just weren’t up for it right then. So we took the dingy to Catalina an’ left them anchored there near the bay. That’s the last we saw of them.”

“You heard the story that Mr. Simms told the court. Are you saying that his story was untrue: that you did not drain these wolves and dump them overboard?”

She shook her head. “I dunno where he got that story from, but it was absolutely untrue. We left them all unconscious but alive. And the boat was anchored proper not so far from Catalina, so’s they could get back there easy.”

“So: do you have any proof that your story, not his, is the truthful one?”

She shrugged helplessly. “How do I prove we _didn’t_ do something? Not like I took a video of the boat as we left. We just figured they was alright, an’ good enough.”

Tom turned back to Azalea. “Your Honor, the defense has no further questions at this time, but reserves the right to call this witness back if needed again.”

Azalea nodded. “The prosecution may now cross examine the witness…”

(holding for any reactions before we continue)

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 , SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD

Caught up in the moment, Mai had forgotten about the superhuman earing of the others in the room. She flashed an apologetic, yet regal, smile.

In her opinion, they could have started grilling Altheus there and then. Wasn't the word of an empath evidence enough? But it looked like they were doing things the old fashioned way.

~~~
Lilith sat up straighter as Altheus was labeled a liar. It didn't lead to what she was hoping for, but it gave her a glimmer of hope. "Just keep telling the truth...," she thought, almost like a prayer.

He nods along thinking that seems like the right story he told me. Now where did you go? He sits back down waiting for the end results. He places his chin on his hands while placing his elbows on his knees. (Like Sherlock Holmes thinking pose) Lost in thought he try’s to think of different end results for the trail.

All this time Jeff had been quietly typing away on his laptop. Now, as there was the briefest of pauses in the trial, he slipped up front and set the laptop sitting open at Tom’s place at the defendant’s desk. As Tom took his seat he immediately peered down at the laptop and pulled it towards himself, momentarily taking his focus away from the actual trial.

Lucas approached the witness stand. “Ms. Cooper: a couple of background questions, if I may. For one, may I ask your age?”

Anna stared at him in shock. “You certainly may not! A gentleman does not ask a lady such a question!”

Lucas smiled. “That is a fine rule for polite society, Ma’am. However, when it’s important to a criminal investigation then yes, even a gentleman will ask. So: how old are you?”

Anna turned to Azalea, looking for support, but Azalea simply nodded. “Please answer the question.”

Anna slumped back in her chair silently, but it could be seen that she seemed not to be refusing, but rather calculating. “One hundred eighty-one,” she said meekly.

“One hundred eighty-one years old,” Lucas repeated, “and yet from outer appearances one would take you for a human about age 25. So, obviously you are not human. Can you describe for us what you are?”

Anna glared at him, but answered. “I am a succubus. I live longer by draining essence from mortals. I could have told you that without my age.”

“Bear with me, please. You have survived for over a century and a half past your apparent age by collecting essence. You must have collected quite a lot. Can you tell me, please, how it is that you usually acquire this essence? Details, please.”

Anna seemed most uncomfortable. “Well, most often I choose a location where I can meet young single males. Then I dress the part of an outgoing lady of the type who might visit such a place: a cowgirl for country bars, evening dress for upscale, fashionable places, wild in black for S&M places, that sort of thing. Then I go, mix and mingle and flirt, and try to draw a man out from the crowd who seems virile and healthy, and suggest we go somewhere else to entertain ourselves separately.”

“So, you imply that you want to have sex with them?”

“Yes.”

“But that’s not what you’re after, is it? Do you have sex with them?”

“Often I do. It’s the best way to get essence from a young male. Sometimes there’s just no time, or they’re rude and obnoxious or didn’t shave or shower, so I don’t. Then I just take the essence with a kiss.”

“So, you just take it. Without consent, and through deception. Ms. Cooper, in what way is what you do different from a con man or a thief?”

Anna was shocked. “Well, I never! Who are you to call me a thief? It’s just essence: they’ll recover it in a couple of days, three or four, tops!”

“‘Just’ essence? And yet, it is what maintains all life, youth and vigor, as well as being the source for magic. And as to them recovering it, the same could be said about a wristwatch or a pocketful of cash, yet we still call taking them theft. Ms. Cooper: are you not in fact a thief?”

“Objection!” Tom called out, “He is badgering the witness!”

“Sustained,” said Azalea: “Please move on.”

Lucas backed off, but it was clear that Anna was shaken.

“You insolent swineherd!” she growled at Lucas. “You need to learn how to treat your betters!”

Lucas cocked an eyebrow at that and turned to Azalea. “You Honor: do I have permission to treat this as a hostile witness?”

“Certainly not!” proclaimed Azalea: “It doesn’t work that way. You don’t get to provoke the witness and then declare them hostile. You reap what you sow.”

Lucas sighed, and moved on. “My question for you, my Lady, is how do you expect our jury to select the word of a professional liar and a thief over the word of an honorable member of our Pack?”

Anna just stared at him in shock for a moment, then crossed her arms and sat back in stony silence.

“Objection!” repeated Tom, “Still badgering!”

“Sustained!” affirmed Azalea: “Careful, Counselor: you risk being in contempt of court. Any further attempts to intimidate or degrade the witness and I’ll release her from the stand and you won’t have any further opportunity to cross-examine. Is that clearly understood?”

Lucas’ shoulders drooped. “Yes, your Honor.”

“Now, then,” Azalea continued, “Do you have any further questions for the witness?”

“Not at this time, your Honor. But may I still reserve the right to call her back should further evidence require her input?”

“I’ll allow it, if the evidence is such that her testimony might prove germaine to the case.”

“That’s all I could ask for. Thank you, your Honor.”

Azalea turned back to Tom. “Counselor, did you wish to re-examine the witness?”

Tom nodded. “Indeed I do, your Honor.”

“You may approach.”

“Thank you.” Tom rose and carried the laptop, still open, to Anna. “Allow me to present the witness with Exhibit A, which I will then make available to the jury. Anna, would you please read the following article aloud for the court, and tell us: is this the same boat you were on the night of July 25th?”

Once again there was an uproar in the courtroom and Azalea had to quell it with her staff. “Order in the court! Please be quiet, so we can all hear what she has to say!”

Anna cleared her throat and began:

“October 5th, 2019: Yesterday a diving tour group discovered a recent shipwreck in eighty feet of water just five miles SouthWest of Seal Beach. The vessel, identified as the Blue Madrigal, shows signs of having been deliberately put out to sea and then sunk. Ax marks inside the boat below the waterline show how the boat wound up taking on water, and the wheel was lashed with the rudder straight in an apparent effort to propel the boat as far out to sea as possible before sinking.

The boat’s owner was not immediately available for comment.”

Anna examined the picture and nodded. “Yes, that is definitely the boat we took out. But that is not where we left it. We were just a long swim from the shore of Catalina Island, about another twenty-five miles SouthWest from there.”

“Thank you, Anna. And now let me present you with Exhibit B. Please read this article and see if you can identify the reconstructed faces of the men that were found.”

The room had fallen into a hush at that next revelation. Anna continued reading:

“August 15th: LAPD remain mystified by the so-called ‘Sweeney Todd Slasher,’ an apparent serial killer who has claimed at least three victims so far. Like the fabled barber, the Slasher apparently cuts the throats of his victims with a silver blade; fortunately he does not also make them into meat pies, but rather dumps them in the shark-infested waters off Catalina Island.

Due to the mauled and deteriorated condition of the bodies in question the remains have not been identified. Sketches of the reconstructed faces have not produced any results.”

Anna scrolled down to the sketches and examined them carefully.

“The reconstruction leaves out the birthmark this guy had on his face, but the shape of the face is right. And the other two match to a ‘T.’”

True to his word, Tom brought the laptop around to the jury and allowed them to see the articles and photos. At the prosecutor’s table, Altheus nudged Lucas. “Aren’t you going to say something? Declare the articles inadmissible or some shit like that?”

Lucas jerked away from Altheus’ touch and glared at him. “Nope. What I am gonna do is ask you if you still have that silver switchblade I’ve seen you carrying around. And if you do, I’m gonna ask you to hand it over.”

Altheus stared at Lucas for a couple of seconds, then jumped up and ran for the door...

The shoe finally dropped. From her seat in the jury area, Lynn had heard Joseph call Altheus a liar. She wasn't sure how he had known, but it appeared that he was right; not only that, but the werewolf was also behind the murders apparently.

It was getting late and chaotic. Lynn walked over to Lilith. "No hard feelings," she said softly. She gave the young succubus a quick wave, before slipping out another exit and heading home.

Lilith gave Lynn a nod, before running up to Anna and giving her a hug. "I...I think we're in the clear now. You were great up there, sis."
~~~
Altheus was on the run now.

Roxy kicked over her chair, hoping to trip him up on it.

Randy jumped out of the jury area like a rock star entering the mosh pit. He chased after Altheus, aiming to tackle him. He had one arm bandaged. If he could pin down the other arm, maybe he wouldn't have to worry about the knife. What was the worst he could do? Bite him? Would a bite from a werewolf in their human form still transmit the infection?
~~~
Mai got out of her seat in a dignified fashion and walked up to Tom. "You can't teach an old dog new tricks...," she remarked, a serious expression on her face. She didn't really know the dark werewolf, but she got the feeling he was usually like this. "Where's all that bravado now?"

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Last edited:
Adam snaps out of his train of thought confused. “What’s going on? Are we done? I guess so” he mutters to himself. He gets up and walks over to the bar to get water. After he drinks the water he gets up to draw some more.

<< Roxy kicked over her chair, hoping to trip him up on it.

Randy jumped out of the jury area like a rock star entering the mosh pit. He chased after Altheus, aiming to tackle him… >>

The chair caught Altheus on the shins, sending him into a tumble. He landed hard on his injured arm and howled in pain. Seeing Randy coming he dug into his jeans pocket and flipped out a six-inch butterfly knife. From the way he flipped it open it was obvious he knew how to handle it, even with his off hand. He lurched to his feet in time to meet Randy’s charge.

“Shoulda stayed out of this, ya little snot!” Altheus growled. He slashed out at Randy but kept backing towards the door. From the corners of their eyes both men could see Mark and Lucius coming up quickly from the courtroom area…

<< Lilith gave Lynn a nod, before running up to Anna and giving her a hug. "I...I think we're in the clear now. You were great up there, sis." >>

Anna uttered a shuddering sigh of relief. “Ah hope ah never have to go through that again! That was terrifyin’ an’ horrible! Ah hope ah don’t have to talk to that man ever again!”

Having observed that Altheus was cornered, Lucas turned back to Anna. “Please accept my apologies for all of that. The job of prosecutor requires being somewhat of an ass to witnesses at times, and I am sorry to have had to put you through that.”

He then turned to Azalea. “Let’s make this official: your Honor, the prosecution withdraws all charges.”

Azalea nodded. “So be it. This concludes these proceedings. Ladies, you are free to go.”

Alyssa and Danielle gave each other a hug, and stood. Then Azalea spoke again.

“If I may: as long as you are running around seeking others to drain, you stand at great risk from many causes. Here, we have nymphs available to service gentlemen in need of some female company. If you would care to stay, you might join their ranks and present yourselves as you actually are. No more deceit: no more dealing with ‘clients’ you don’t care to be intimate with. You would be safe, and since all your guests would be preternatural, you would get quite a boost to your essences. Please consider this as a possibility.”

<< Mai got out of her seat in a dignified fashion and walked up to Tom. "You can't teach an old dogs new tricks...," she remarked, a serious expression on her face. She didn't really know the dark werewolf, but she got the feeling he was usually like this. "Where's all that bravado now?" >>

Tom braced himself to go after Altheus, but then saw that Randy, Mark and Lucius appeared to have that under control. He relaxed and smiled at Mai.

“Some dogs you can’t, some you can,” he replied, “At least, that’s been my experience.”

He glanced back at Altheus. “Looks like he’s still got some fight left in him, but my money’s on the kid.”

“You mean it?” Lilith asked Azalea. She liked the offer; it sounded better than doing her own hunting. “B…but the shroud…Would that mean we’d get our own amulets?” She imagined having one that looked like a black heart; it would look good with her modern goth aesthetic.
~~~
”My money’s on lover boy, too,” Mai said with a smirk.

Adrenaline pumping, Randy turned his body perpendicular and side stepped the knife. Though it grazed his chest; tearing his shirt. He grabbed Altheus by the wrist, yanking his knife hand to the werewolf’s side; trying to get him to drop it.

Now behind him, Randy shoved Altheus toward Mark and Lucius.

“Why’d you do it anyway, huh?!” Randy asked. “They were your pack mates, weren’t they?”

“Randy! You’re bleeding!” Roxy exclaimed. She had started running toward them when she saw the knife, but her late start kept her from making it in time.

Randy took off his shirt. The cut looked like a long cat scratch, not deep enough to hurt anything major, but bad enough for an initial scare.

Roxy had hoped to make his werewolf infection experience more pleasant, but seeing her chance, she kissed the wound.

Next, she waved down a nymph to get a med kit.

“I don’t know what you were thinking when you turned Roxy,” Randy said, putting an arm around her. “But she’s staking her claim on me, and I’m going to make sure that happens.”

At this point, Lilith was staring at Randy and Roxy. That was true romantic love right there; she wished she had that.

Adam attention went to the fight but he was sure they had it so he went back to his drawing. He was getting tried so he pack up his notebook and pencil and walks up the stairs to his room. He had taken off his shirt and hoodie and clubs into bed. Before actually sleeping he finishes his drawing.

<< “You mean it?” Lilith asked Azalea. She liked the offer; it sounded better than doing her own hunting. “B…but the shroud…Would that mean we’d get our own amulets?” >>

Azalea drew a breath and nodded. “Heaven help us, but you’d have to in order to be able to take essence. You can talk to Tom about what kind of amulets you want.”

<< Adrenaline pumping, Randy turned his body perpendicular and side stepped the knife. Though it grazed his chest; tearing his shirt. He grabbed Altheus by the wrist, yanking his knife hand to the werewolf’s side; trying to get him to drop it. >>

As a wolfman Altheus might have stood a chance, but under the shroud he had only the strength of a normal human. And he was fighting with his off hand, the weaker one. Randy’s twist to get behind him was enough to loosen his grip and let the knife fall to the floor. It stuck straight up in the wood, a little bit of Randy’s blood pooling around the point.

As Mark and Lucius saw he had this, they slowed to a walk approaching the two. When Randy released Altheus and shoved him their way they caught him easily and forced him to his knees. Altheus was livid.

“You little brat! I’ll make you pay, you better believe it!”

<< “Why’d you do it anyway, huh?!” Randy asked. “They were your pack mates, weren’t they?” >>

“Yeah,” snarled Altheus, “they were. Not like they ever acted like it. They laughed at me: called me old geezer, old codger, shit I wouldn’t repeat. All I ever wanted was some buds and the love of a good woman: and they were assholes who’d throw shit at me, then go screw some sweet, gorgeous girl and dump her the next night to go on and find another. Never could get one of the ladies to look at me even sideways till that night.

“Then the girls came in, sweet and flirty and working their way around, even to me. To me! Running her fingers through my hair, unbuttoned my shirt and played with the hair on my chest: looked at me like a real man wants. Then they said they wanted to do a midnight cruise. I was dyin’ for it, and to those guys it was just another night out. They almost didn’t let me in the back of the truck: near kicked me out before we left.

“On the boat, the girls were just as frisky, but they kept pickin’ the other guys an’ taking them downstairs. One by one the young hunks got what they wanted, and me, I didn’t get shit. Not till I was the last one. The blonde: when she came for me she almost looked bored. She had already fed so much she wasn’t hungry for me any more. I tried to show her what I wanted to give her, but she just kissed me and started sucking me down. It was so close to what I wanted, but yet it wasn’t. I couldn’t keep standing: I fell down, and she released me. I blacked out then.

“When I came around the girls were gone, and all the guys were lying all about, those satisfied smirks on their faces. Oh, yeah, they got what they wanted. They didn’t care if they never saw the girls again. They were good to go, to move on to their next conquests. I couldn’t stand it.

“I had a silver knife in my pocket. Sometimes I would cut myself, just to feel something besides alone. Before I knew it I had the knife out and I was slashing throats. I was drenched in their blood: it pooled in the boat and ran down the stairs. I was out of my head. I just knew I got ‘em back but good.

“Then I came around a bit. I suddenly saw all the blood, all the death, everything. And I panicked. I just started dumping bodies overboard, until they were all gone. All gone but the blood in the boat, and the blood on me. So I started the boat, headed it towards real land, not the island. I knew I had to get away from shark waters, so I drove her as close to the shore as I dared. Then I took the fire ax and bashed a couple of holes in the boat down below. I knew it was the only way to wash out the blood. I turned the boat back out towards the open sea and lashed the wheel. Then I jumped.

“I was covered in blood - so much blood! I just knew the sharks would be coming for me, but for a time I just didn’t care. Either I was gonna make it to that shore or I wasn’t, and it didn’t matter. I think maybe I half wanted to die.

“But I didn’t. I made it to shore. I had to tell somebody something, so I told them about the girls and just said they took it too far. It could’ve happened, you know? All I knew, I got those sob’s but good. I showed them…”

<< “Randy! You’re bleeding!” Roxy exclaimed. >>

Lucas turned away from Altheus with a tragically tired face.

“You’ll want to wash that wound but good, with lots of water and even a bit of scrubbing. Otherwise the silver oxides in the wound won’t let it heal, wolf or not.”

<< “I don’t know what you were thinking when you turned Roxy,” Randy said, putting an arm around her. “But she’s staking her claim on me, and I’m going to make sure that happens.” >>

Altheus hung his head. “You’re a young kid. Before you know it you’ll be off chasing some other hot skirt, and leave her crying and alone. I would never do that.”

He stared at Roxy. “When I saw her, she was just so beautiful. And I could tell by her scent, she wasn’t the mean type at all: sweet and innocent. And I knew, if I could just have a chance with someone like her: if I could just show her that I would fight for her, that I would be there for her, that I would love her like no man ever does because I would never take her for granted: that maybe then I finally wouldn’t have to be alone.”

“Sweet words for a serial killer,” Lucas growled, but there was no real anger in his voice. “You killed eight men. We still have to deal with you for that. Only question is how…”

shadowdude505 shadowdude505

"OK. Thank you," Lilith said, giving Azalea a quick bow. She walked over to Tom, finding him standing next to Mai.

"Um...excuse us," she said to Tom. "First, thank you.. for defending my sisters. The judge offered to let us stay here; work like the nymphs, but to do that we'd need our own amulets..." She sounded a little shy. "...She told us to talk to you about it. I was thinking, maybe, a black heart on a bracelet."
~~~
Roxy couldn't help feel a little sorry for Altheus, but that was still no excuse for what he did.

"You know the rules better than I do...but, don't kill him. I think he needs to atone for what he did..." she said softly.

"Altheus...I'm flattered by your kind words, but Randy and I... we've been together for a long time; our friendship is ready to move on to the next level. I know what it's like to feel alone, but sometimes you have to consider other people's feelings. If you can do that, then I don't think it's too late for you to find love."
~~~
Moments later, one of the nymphs came by with a small med kit. Randy took it and went upstairs into one of the empty rooms with a bathroom.

Mai walked over to Roxy. "Why don't you go on up and help lover boy. Don't worry about work, I'll cover the rest of your shift."

Roxy's face lit up. "I appreciate it," she said.

She quickly changed into her casual clothes and ran after Randy. She helped him scrub his wound...and a little extra. Under the shroud, she wasn't able to recover her energy. Tired from a busy night of work, a trial, and pleasure, she fell asleep in bed beside Randy.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Last edited:
<< to do that we'd need our own amulets..." She sounded a little shy. "...She told us to talk to you about it. I was thinking, maybe, a black heart on a bracelet." >>

Tom nodded, then pulled a small notepad out of his pocket. “Silver or gold tone?” he asked.

“Any particular style for the bracelet: links of chain, solid, woven look: any smaller stones to accompany the heart?

“The heart stone: dangling or mounted? Faceted or smooth? Translucent or solid?”

As she answered he drew a sketch and wrote a few descriptive words next to it. When he was done he showed it to her. “Is that what you want?”

“Oh!” squealed Anna: “Can mine look like, you know, the necklace in ‘Titanic?’”

Alyssa shook her head. “Something in a brooch that would go with anything I wear: silver-toned, with a unicorn’s head and a rainbow for a mane?”

Danielle mused. “A black choker, with two green eyes: emerald, not jade, to match my own eyes.”

Of course Anna’s description needed no further explanation, but he had a few questions for Alyssa and Danielle, and likewise did sketches for them before he was satisfied.

“Go on up and find rooms for yourselves. We’ll talk tomorrow about any other arrangements that need to be made.”

<< "You know the rules better than I do...but, don't kill him. I think he needs to atone for what he did..." she said softly. >>

Lucas sighed. “You’re the one with most claim as being a victim of his. Lots of these boys here are ready to rip his throat out for what he did to their friends. I don’t see how anything he does would ever atone for killing eight of our brothers, but Tom sure beats the drum for atonement every time. We’ll see.”

<< "Altheus...I'm flattered by your kind words, but Randy and I... we've been together for a long time; our friendship is ready to move on to the next level. I know what it's like to feel alone, but sometimes you have to consider other people's feelings. If you can do that, then I don't think it's too late for you to find love." >>

Altheus gave her a sad little smile and shrugged, his hands out. “That works for some people. It works for you. But look at yourself: you were always going to find someone, or someone great was going to find you. Me, I’m a homely nobody. Nobody’s gonna look at me and be inspired to say: ‘That’s the man I want.’ Nobody did when I was younger: nobody’s going to now that I’m old. You might as well let the succubi have a feast off me: then I could at least die with a moment of happiness. For me, my curse is to live on.”

Lucas bent over and helped Altheus off his knees and back on his feet. “Okay, Mr. Pity Party, time for you to turn in for the night. We’re locking you up for now: we’ll decide what to do with you tomorrow.”

<< Mai walked over to Roxy. "Why don't you go on up and help lover boy. Don't worry about work, I'll cover the rest of your shift." >>

Having finished getting requests from the girls about their new amulets, Tom smiled and came over. “I saw and heard that,” he said. “What makes you think anybody is working or partying tonight after all that? We’re calling it a night early here (early being about one o’clock in the morning), and closing up shop. Then you and I are headed downstairs.”

And as usual, Tom was a man of his word…

(End of the last time jump. Next one is just ahead.)

(Time Jump: Sunday Morning)

Sunlight peeked through the upstairs windows, and robins sang on the fire escape just outside Roxy’s room. Morning was here, and the shadows of the night were fading into memory.

Adam’s room, on the other side of the building, was brightening gradually but without the direct stroking of the sun. “Po-tee-weet!” sang the sparrows to one another as they perched on his window ledge.

Nymphs had already started breakfast downstairs, and their merry giggling could be heard throughout the castle.

Succubi were not noted for being morning people. A bit too much light, and Danielle was inspired to rise out of bed just long enough to drape the bedcover over the window, and fall back to sleep.

The faint din of breakfast preparations woke Tom from his lightening dormancy. Eyes closed, he reached out to see if Mai was still there next to him, though he suspected from past experience that she was not.

As sometimes happens, the condemned man had a hearty sleep. Apprehension of apprehension, as it were, tended to lead to insomnia: having been found out usually brought release and slumber to the wearily guilty.

But now he woke, found the bathroom facilities and splashed water on his arms and shoulders. He did not care for mirrors, and did not look up to see his face. Once he was done he straightened out his clothes and sat on the edge of the bed, awaiting the knock of fate.

A tuneful whistling in the hall announced the arrival of Merlin, in a decidedly good mood for no apparent reason. But all in all, everything seemed to be in readiness for what might be a very good day...

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 , SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD , gaY jail gaY jail

Cass
He flew over the city invisible till he got to a vacant lot. Then he landed and walked up to the bar. He step inside and looked around for a bit. He looks like a Japanese person but they both had the same eye look when they find a liar and their done with the person.
He walks up to the people who are cooking breakfast.” Hello I’m Cass and I’m looking for my brother Adam. “ He try’s to feel the vibe in the place but out of luck. “It’s one of those bars where I can’t use my powers” He Thinks.
Adam
He wakes up and stretches. He closes the window not liking the birds outside singing. He goes to find a bathroom to take long shower since he’s feeling the affect of a slight hangover even though he didn’t get drunk last night. Finding one he turns on the shower and strips”clothes are dirty and I didn’t pack any more clothes. Must go shopping for more.” He tells himself.
Finds a spare set of clothes in a cabinet “Hope no one minds me borrowing these.” He gets in and scrubs himself.After that he heads to find food or anyone else” Why do I have strange feeling that someone that should be dead but isn’t” he wonders aloud.
Gwalihir Gwalihir

Last edited:
Lilith's eyes went wide as Tom asked her questions about the bracelet she imagined.

"C..chain. Silver toned, but... not actual silver..." Obviously. "Dangling...but a minimal amount. F...Faceted and solid."

She nodded when she saw the final sketch.
~~~
The next morning.

Tom's hand actually touched something that wasn't the bed. A lump under the blanket; a Mai shaped lump to be specific. She wore a kimono night robe. "Surprised?" she asked. She sat up and turned her back to Tom, playfully brushing him with her fox tail as she tied her kimono a little tighter to be more modest. "I decided to let the nymphs handle all the cooking this morning."
~~~
Roxy woke up to the sound of birds chirping. "Morning already?" She had been so tired that she had fallen straight to sleep. She rolled over and saw Randy smiling warmly at her. He gently ran a hand through her red hair.

"Morning' sleeping beauty."

Roxy chuckled and sat up, keeping the blanket above her chest. She looked at the bandage on his abdomen. "How are you feeling?" she asked, lightly touching it.

"Fine...I think it'll heal up. I don't really feel any different. Is it the shroud or the lack of a full moon?"

"I didn't feel any different either...It wasn't until the full moon snuck up on me that I started to realize I wasn't a normal human anymore."

Roxy got out of the bed and started to get dressed. "Smells like breakfast is ready."

After they both finished getting dressed, they walked downstairs together and into the main area of the bar.

"You're looking for Adam? Angel right? He's in one of the rooms upstairs. Not sure which one," Roxy told Cass. Even with her werewolf senses, she hadn't been paying attention to most of the scents and sounds of the morning.

SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD
~~~
Lynn was out on a morning jog. She wore sneakers, athletic shorts, a tank top, and under that a bikini top; the blue color fading through her white tank. Her jog normally lead her toward the beach and most of the time she'd end up swimming a little, but this time she jogged by The Last Castle. She noticed activity inside. The bar seemed like a hotel this morning. She jogged up to the door and walked inside.

"Hello? Tom...sir?" she called out. She wondered if she was too early, but now seemed like a better time to see if her mother appeared in his records; who knew what the night would bring.

"I think he's in his room..." a quiet voice said. Lilith stepped off the stairs. She wore her baggy black hoodie, and black pajama bottoms. As a late bloomer and young succubus, she was more used to a human-like life compared to her sisters; she did look tired though, and yawned.

"I just moved in...so I'm not sure what everyone's routine is...but I'm sure he'll be up here shortly..." She eyed the food. "In the meantime, it looks like there's plenty of food... if you want breakfast."

The succubus had a point. It didn't seem like they'd mind if she helped herself. Lynn followed Lilith over to the food, learning to keep a little distance between them; even though she was still under the affects of the shroud, the succubus seemed less tense if there was some space between them.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Vibeke

“Vibi, are you awake yet?

Vibeke Aksnes heard the voice of a young girl just as she opened her eyes.

“I’m coming in.”

There’s a comforting warmth cocooning her, threatening to pull her back to sleep with its siren call even before her brain fully awoke. But an oozy chill pressed to her neck kept her from returning down into the darkness.
Slowly becoming more and more aware of her surroundings, she realized it was the hound’s nose , who, as usual, sneaked into her bedroom unnoticed. A thought formed in her head.

How am I supposed to sleep with a clingy dog lying on top of me like this…

“Come on, get off Baal. You’re annoying.”

Hearing the door handle jingling, she rose in a sitting position, pushing his body off her with a little struggle, chuckling to see the unwillingness of the dog to get up, and jumped off the bed.

“You’re finally awake, huh. Hurry getting ready, I’m going to prepare breakfast for Nils and you.

“No, no, don’t say it. Today, I, will get breakfast as a humble apology to my little sister for sleeping in so late.”

“Mmh, surely an already ready breakfast would be very much appreciated, but… I’m afraid you don’t have a choice but to run there and back here before I make lemonade just for you, you scoundrel.”

Once she was fully dressed she rushed to the door, blowing a kiss to her sister standing in the hallway before leaving. A gesture which she responded with rolling her eyes in annoyance and smiling vaguely.

Time jump: in front of the bar (?)

Dear heavens, is this a sign to cure my hangover the way I do, or does this place really feel like it’s calling out to me?

She thought to herself just as stopped in front of a bar she had never seen before. Despite the feeling clearly not being equally powerful (and annoying, as she would say), it reminded her of the unfortunate connection with the other side, which resulted in her frowning a bit.
Wearing a plain white shirt matched with black flared jeans, no trace of make-up whatsoever, conveyed the message that she was sure of her natural beauty alone, enough to not to care about being dressed casually and not looking good doing so.
She sighed while shaking lightly her head, making her wavy hair grazing her knees flutter in the wind.

“Ha, I guess I have found something interesting in the city. If it is really like the way I think it is, it may be the best idea to just order and leave. But- I’m relatively new to the city, am I really the person to shy away from a drink? It’s not like my little sister will complain if I actually don’t return in twenty minute or so.”

And with that, she opened the door and walked in with nonchalance. Inside, the girl didn’t pay much attention to the dance floor, she wasn’t exactly one to dance anyway, and headed straight to the counter stealing some casual glances around the place, as she didn’t want to make obvious the process of scanning the area.

<< "Surprised?" she asked. She sat up and turned her back to Tom, playfully brushing him with her fox tail as she tied her kimono a little tighter to be more modest. "I decided to let the nymphs handle all the cooking this morning." >>

Tomm rolled over towards her to spoon and caught hold of the end of her tail, using it to gently tickle her nose. “A decision of which I wholeheartedly approve…”

Azalea and Fatima had each arrived at separate times and were eating breakfast. They nodded at Cass as he entered, but did not answer with their mouths full. It was becoming du jour for new preternaturals to arrive at breakfast, and the Nymphs cooked an appropriate amount of food to compensate.

When Lilith and Lynn came in, Fatima waved for them to come over and sit with her.

“Welcome, ladies! Allow me to introduce myself: I am Fatima, and I watch over the girls that work here. I understand you wish to join our little group?” She smiled at Lilith.

Merlin came down dressed in another snappy-looking suit, but with his tie tangled into an unqualified disaster. He was whistling “Gypsy Rover,” and greeted everyone. He heard Roxy mention Adam, and nodded. “I believe the boy is on his way down right now. You should see him any moment now.

“Before I catch breakfast, does anyone know the proper way to tie one of these things? A young man in the store showed me how yesterday, but I simply can’t remember.”

Azalea had finished her breakfast and took her plate to the sink to be washed. As she did so she noticed a young lady with beautiful long hair who had walked into the bar. Azalea stepped out to speak to her.

“Good morning! Don’t worry: if you found us, you’re right where you’re supposed to be. Won’t you come in back and join us for breakfast?”

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 , SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD , gaY jail gaY jail

Cass
“I sure he will. Pancakes are his favorite. The problem is I went missing on a mission and he hasn’t seen me for a couple years. I promise him I will keep in touch but something went terribly wrong and I couldn’t”
He glances at the staircase.
Adam
He walks downstairs for breakfast without realizing his brother was there at all. He sits down to get into the pancakes with a smile. “Morning” and counties eating. He starts a new drawing of the sunrise.
Gwalihir Gwalihir shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Last edited:
Mai wiggled her nose and almost sneezed after Tom had tickled her with her own tail. She promptly made it disappear.

She planted a kiss on his lips. As she was pulling back, she heard a young woman's voice calling for Tom. He probably heard it too with his vampiric senses.

"It's rude to keep a lady waiting," she teased, flashing a smirk.

She quickly kissed his cheek and flashed one more smile as she left the room, heading toward breakfast.

"Good morning, everyone," she announced, noticing a couple new faces.
~~~
Merlin wanted to know how to tie a tie, causing Randy to remember when his dad taught him how. If he knew magic back in those days, he would of used it to tie the knot for him.

He stood beside Merlin and started to mime tying a tie as he explained it.

"What's got you in a good mood anyway?" he asked afterword.
~~~
Noticing that Randy was helping Merlin, she started to make two breakfast plates; one for her and one for Randy.

She was surprised that Adam hadn't noticed his brother yet.

She cleared her throat. "Hey Adam, someone's here to see you," she said in a cheerful tone, not wanting to ruin the surprise.
~~~
With their food in tow, Lilith and Lynn sat down beside Fatima. The werewolf was on one end and the succubus was in the middle.

"Uh-huh," Lilith nodded. "I..It sounded better than hiding what I am...I won't have to feed as much... and preternaturals tend to recover faster..." She adjusted her glasses. "I...I just hope I can provide what the customers want...My sisters gave me a lot of good pointers, but...I'm still what you'd call a late bloomer... I think my sisters will be pretty popular."

It was clear that she admired her older siblings.

"Don't worry about it," Lynn interjected. "All four of you don't need the sexy succubus stick. I think you're the easiest to talk to. You seem more genuine," she added, sounding like she was speaking a matter of fact. Granted, she hadn't really seen Lilith in succubus action; but judging from their first interaction, she seemed to be more honest than her older sister; but now that the succubi were going to work at the bar, maybe that would change a little.

"Really? T..thank you." Lilith smiled; the complement already making her morning.

"Name's Lynn, by the way," the mermaid added. She hadn't introduced herself to the succubus yet, and she was just meeting Fatima.

"L..Lilith."

Gwalihir Gwalihir SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD gaY jail gaY jail

Last edited:
<< ...she heard a young woman's voice calling for Tom. He probably heard it too with his vampiric senses.

"It's rude to keep a lady waiting," she teased, flashing a smirk. >>

“I’ll be right up,” he replied. Still, he took a few moments grabbing up jeans and a polo shirt, applying deodorant and cologne, and brushing his hair (without benefit of a mirror, of course)...

<< He stood beside Merlin and started to mime tying a tie as he explained it.

"What's got you in a good mood anyway?" he asked afterwards. >>

“So… under and around… then up and through from behind, and down the rabbit hole…” murmured Merlin as he followed Randy’s instructions at the same time he was recalling some of the store clerk’s suggestions.

He looked surprised for a moment when Randy asked the question. Then he smiled. “Nothing in particular, I should say. When you have been forced into a thousand year nap, it just feels good to wake up in the morning, I suppose. Thank you for the instruction.”

He turned to breakfast, humming and singing under his breath:

“...He whistled and he sang ‘till the green woods rang,
And he won the heart of a lady…”

From the stairs came a mellow woman’s voice carrying on the song:

“Ah de do ah di do da day,
Ah di do ah di day di,
He whistled and he sang ‘till the green woods rang,
And he won the heart of a lady…”

Alyssa had pulled herself out of bed and apparently had been shown by the nymphs where to find the closet full of blue jeans and concert tees that Tom kept stocked for his itinerant visitors. The jeans looked a little baggy but comfortably so, and she wore a “Fleetwood Mac: Rumors” t-shirt.

Merlin set down his plate and bowed with a flourish, then placed his left arm behind his back and his right hand up, palm outward, and took a couple of dancing steps in her direction. She copied him, and they danced in a circle for a moment, singing together:

“‘He is no gypsy, my father,’ said she,
‘But Laird of these lands all over,
And I will stay ‘till my dying day
With my whistling gypsy rover.’”

They stepped apart, bowing and curtsying to one another and to the nymphs who broke out in light applause.

“Good morning, everyone. Thank you ladies for breakfast: it smells terrific!” Alyssa said.

Merlin promptly presented her with a plate and ushered her to the food line, following after. Once Alyssa had filled her plate she joined Lilith, Lynn and Fatima, sitting on the other side of the table.

“Good morning! How is everyone today? I don’t think we were formally introduced last night: I’m Alyssa…”

It was a couple of minutes later that Tom came upstairs, looking impeccable.

“Good morning. Was someone calling for me?”

SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD , gaY jail gaY jail , shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Adam didn’t look up from his plate of pancakes”Not in the mood” he sighs. He counties eating not a care in the world. He eventually gets done and grabs his coat to head out for a shopping spree for clothes since his is ruined from his battle.
Cass grabs his arm “ Brother wait. Please I know I’m sorry but I got mixed up in Lucifer followers. They were trying to uprise.” He cry’s but Adam only looks at him. “I don’t need your excuses I been in a vampire and werewolf war in Eroupe over territory! You could have sent me a telepathic message and maybe I can help you.” He snaps. They stare at each other not caring if other people are watching and listening. Cass let’s Adam go and watches as he leaves.
Gwalihir Gwalihir shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Last edited:
Maybe Adam was more aware about his brother being in the room than she had thought. Clearly something happened between the two, but Roxy was starting to feel awkward about the confrontation. She felt like she had a hand in starting it, though it probably wouldn't have changed much if she hadn't said something.

Not wanting to pry, she walked over to Randy and handed him a filled plate.
~~~
"Anytime," Randy replied to Merlin.

Waking up every morning after being asleep for a thousand years did sound like something to be happy over, but the snazzy way he was dressed made it seem like he had a breakfast date; maybe Merlin just liked to dress up.

Randy warmly smiled as Roxy handed him breakfast. They sat together at the other end of the table.
~~~
Mai went through the breakfast line. As she plated food for herself, she started to make a coffee for Tom.

The song and dance number caught her attention.

"Where did you learn how to dance like that?" she asked Merlin. "You should talk to Tom about performing on stage. It would certainly make a good legend."

Once Tom had joined everyone at breakfast, she handed him the coffee.
~~~
Lilith was enthralled by the singing and dancing. She enthusiastically clapped her hands afterward. The dance was good, but she wasn't sure what would make it legendary. She didn't think about it too much though; Alyssa started to talk to Lynn. The young succubus watched the interaction intently, hoping that last night hadn't made a soured first impression.
~~~
"I'm Lynn...," the mermaid replied, blushing a little. She tried to hide it, but even with the shroud blocking the succubus's powers, she'd probably notice. It wasn't like she had a crush or anything, but last night...it would be hard to forget to say the least.

Thankfully Tom arrived, so she didn't dwell on it too much.

"I was...," she said to Tom. "I wanted to see if my mother showed up in your records...is now a good time?" Maybe not now now. She still had a little food left on her plate.

Gwalihir Gwalihir SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD gaY jail gaY jail

Vibeke

..So, is this place a sort of a secret nest for everyone who is not human..? I never came across such a thing. I wonder if they can tell who exactly I am just by looking at me.

Vibeke snapped right to the present upon hearing the voice of a lady approaching her, before turning in the direction and promptly greeting her. Some would say there was no Vibeke without rascality and rascality without Vibeke. It certainly was soon confirmed when her mischief came to life, and in no time for Azalea to notice, it was swiftly hidden by a slightly mortified smile the moment she spoke again with an awkward tone of voice. Besides, she could use that kind of talk in every situation without any kind of restrictions.

“Good morning..! I’d be happy to join you, but I may be in a little of a rush. Do.. You know if this bar sells breakfast for one person to take away? It pains me to say this, but I have fallen prey under a demon of strictness who sent me out to get breakfast and absolutely bring it baxk to their home.”

While Vibeke talked, she took a couple of hesitant steps forward, almost as an unspoken invitation for the lady to lead the way, but her gaze soon shifted upon hearing the door slamming open, followed by footsteps rushing out of the kitchen and quickly getting closer.

“Ah- sorry, my bad.”
After she avoided the person from bumping into her thanks to her graceful reflexes, not caring if he would stop or slow down his pace to say something first, she apologized to the angel.

Gwalihir Gwalihir SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD shadowdude505 shadowdude505

<< ...Adam only looks at him. “I don’t need your excuses. I've been in a vampire and werewolf war in Europe over territory! You could have sent me a telepathic message and maybe I could have helped you.” He snaps… ... Cass lets Adam go and watches as he leaves. >>

Tom set his cup down, waving to Lynn to please wait a minute, and approaches Cass.

“Son? Did I hear you just call Adam there your brother?

“My name’s Tom. I run this place. I believe Adam will come back: I don’t think he has anywhere else to go. If I’m not mistaken, it looks like your brother may be suffering some symptoms of what we call ‘Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.’ I was wondering about that last night, when he was wandering around, completely oblivious to what was happening around him. I had no idea an angel could have that, but the way he’s been acting and not reacting, I’d say it looks likely.

“If you want to stick around, you’re welcome. Please, have some breakfast with us.”

<< "You should talk to Tom about performing on stage. It would certainly make a good legend." >>

Merlin laughed. “What, the legendary dancing wizard? I would hardly think so. That was just the way a gentleman courted the ladies in my day. I saw last night that dancing has changed considerably since then.”

<< "I'm Lynn...," the mermaid replied, blushing a little. >>

Alyssa chuckled a little. “Lynn… it was very nice meeting you last night, and again, now. I hope none of what happened last night left a bad taste in your mouth. It certainly didn’t for me. I would very much enjoy dancing with you again sometime.”

Under the shroud, Alyssa didn’t have any special seductive powers, just her wiles as a very attractive young lady. But what she had was shining through as she spoke to the mermaid.

“It sounds like we may be spending a lot of time here from now on. What about you? Can I count on seeing you again, perhaps tonight?”

<< "I wanted to see if my mother showed up in your records...is now a good time?" >>

Tom laughed. “I did say I would look for you this morning, didn’t I? You are quite the early riser. Let me finish my coffee and I’ll go through my records in just a bit.

“Can you tell me again, your mother’s name and about when this might have been? That would help narrow the search considerably…”

<< “Good morning..! I’d be happy to join you, but I may be in a little of a rush. Do.. You know if this bar sells breakfast for one person to take away? It pains me to say this, but I have fallen prey under a demon of strictness who sent me out to get breakfast and absolutely bring it back to their home.” >>

Azalea appeared startled at Vibeke’s revelation. “Oh, you poor dear! You do mean a literal demon, am I right? Is this a situation where you could use some help to free you?”

She paused. “Of course, if you can’t simply stay here to avoid the demon, I suppose we should load you up with a breakfast. I’m not sure what kind of ‘to go’ containers we have, but we’ll make do. Come with me-- gahh!”

Azalea was almost hit in the face by the door as it opened suddenly and Adam stormed out. She watched in concern as he left, but did not interfere. Then she turned back to Vibeke.

“My apologies. We usually don’t have that kind of drama going on around here. As I was saying, come with me and we’ll get you set.”

In the kitchen Tom was just talking to Cass, so Azalea went to the storage pantry and dug around until she found a stack of wide, flat plastic storage boxes with lids that were about the size of lunch plates.

“Here we go! This should be perfect!” She selected two and led the way back to the kitchen, indicating the food items that were laid out. There were scrambled eggs, pancakes, French toast, sausage links, bacon: a very American breakfast. She turned back to Vibeke. “Here’s a box for your demon, and another for you. Help yourself. And come back when you have a chance, and we’ll talk more, okay?”

SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD , shadowdude505 shadowdude505 , gaY jail gaY jail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back