• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
<< "We would prefer sharing a territory," Randy replied. "Does that mean we could be together before the whole claiming thing? There's a three month wait, right?" >>

“I rather thought that’s what you would say. Of course you can hunt with Roxy on her territory: it’s not like she wouldn’t give you permission. And the whole point behind Lucas giving you the go-ahead to be turned was specifically for you to be together: the challenge is just a ceremony at this point. Yes, you have to wait for the ceremony to make it official, just like a wedding if you will. It’s the same thing, really: wolves mate for life.”

<< "The pack meeting is the second night...so what should I expect for my first? Seeing my wolf form, getting classified as a beta or alpha, and chilling on what's currently just Roxy's territory? >>

Azalea smiled. “If you will do me the honor, I will be there with you the first time you shift. So will Roxy, of course. There can be a whole lot of confusion and chaos going on for a brand new wolf. There is much I can do to help you cut through the first-time willies and make it a more pleasant experience. I rarely get that opportunity; I usually only find new wolves after their first change.

“I will be able to tell you as soon as we see your wolf form if you are an Alpha or a Beta, but it will be declared officially the following night at the Pack meeting. By then you’ll be better oriented, and ready to meet the challenge of your first fight or fights. And yes, the first night you can certainly spend together on Roxy’s land.”

“My, you do have a lot of questions! That’s okay: I like to think I have a lot of answers. Anything else?”

<< "It looks like he's done eating...," [Mai] said, turning her head back toward Tom. >>

“Hmmm? Oh…” Tom had been locked deep in thought for a moment. He stood, exited the office and walked downstairs to where Altheus was standing.

“I think it’s best if you come back upstairs now. We’ll try to resolve this all tonight.”

Altheus gave a little laugh. “Resolve what? How to torture me to death?”

Tom hesitated under Altheus’ accusing eyes. Altheus nodded. “Yeah, that’s right. Still a wolf, still got this marvelous hearing. So, you don’t think you can hand me over to the lynch mob without trying to sweet talk them first? How very considerate of you. Why don’t you just give me my knife back, let me slit my own damned throat? That’d at least be merciful.”

Tom’s gaze hardened. “You killed eight men in cold blood. It’s a little late to be throwing a pity party. Especially for the one man who’s trying to save you some pain.”

“Some pain?” Altheus growled through gritted teeth. “You still want me dead. ‘Follow your gut,’ that’s what she said, right? You just want to do it ‘humanely.’ Dead is dead. Big favor you’re trying to do for me there, bub.”

“Actually, it is,” Tom replied in an even tone: “Have you ever seen a lynch mob at work? I can guarantee you don’t want to be their victim. And wolves are capable of inflicting a lot more pain and damage than humans. Trust me, you hope I can talk some kind of sense into them tonight.”

“And if you don’t?” spat Altheus: “Gee, you lose an argument with Lucas. Me, I lose my balls, and whatever else they want to break or cut off or maim, before they kill me. Somehow, I don’t think you’ve got a whole lot invested in this. I do…” Altheus’ voice cracked in despair, and he sank to his knees, crying.

“I’ll do everything I can. You have my word.” Even to Tom’s own ears, it sounded lame.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 , SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD

"That pretty much covers it. Thanks," Randy replied. "Although...I do wonder what I'd look like as a wolf. Would I be red like Roxy, or is it tied more to the individual's DNA?"

"I'm curious about that myself. Altheus is a black wolf, but I turned out red like my hair. Was that just a coincidence?" Roxy asked. "Randy, I picture you as a gray wolf with black patches; but I think you'd make a handsome wolf in any color." She blushed.

She tried to ignore the conversation between Altheus and Tom, but it was hard not to. If she was in her wolf form, her ears would have dropped. She figured she could trust Tom to find a humane option, but the werewolf's crime was pretty bad.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

<< "I'm curious about that myself. Altheus is a black wolf, but I turned out red like my hair. Was that just a coincidence?" >>

Azalea shook her head. “I am sure wolf colors are related to your own DNA: just not the same way your human hair is. I do think there is a connection between your red hair and being a red wolf. And if you think about it, Altheus’ hair color is pretty much black, so maybe that’s a carryover as well. But that doesn’t tell us a thing about what Randy is going to look like. After all, most of our wolves have some kind of patterning, and that doesn’t match human hair at all. Don’t worry: we’ll find out soon enough.”

Azalea too was distracted by the argument brewing between Tom and Altheus, but felt helpless to offer any suggestions. She glanced over at Adam, wondering if the angel would finally have any input on what was going on around him. Surely if there was ever a time for angelic intervention, it was a time like this?

Randy was actually looking forward to being a werewolf. He had been told that that was weird. He wondered what Azalea thought about it. He would have asked, but noticed how heavy the atmosphere was.

He grabbed Roxy’s hand and held it as if to say “Everthing would be alright.”

Gwalihir Gwalihir

TIME JUMP TO 6:00 SUNDAY NIGHT

Mark and Lucius opened the doors promptly at 6:00, and a few early-comers filed in. Sundays were expected to be slow, so no worries. And Tom had spread the word that at 10:00 the bar would close to business in order to hold a sentencing hearing for Altheus.

Altheus had resisted being taken back to his room, and Mark and Lucius had had to frogwalk him up the stairs and lock him in. Nor was he silent in his room; he hollered and pounded on the walls until Mark and Lucius went back in and restrained and gagged him.

Merlin had returned in the early afternoon, a changed man. Alyssa had gotten him into some nice slacks and a very modern-looking shirt, and taken him to a salon. His salt-and-pepper hair was a bit darker now, and his face was clean shaven. The effect took ten years off his looks: he had gone from looking like someone who wanted to be a ladies’ man to someone who could easily be a ladies’ man.

Tom came up from his downstairs apartment looking nearly as dapper as Merlin. The main difference between the two men’s outfits was the cardigan Tom wore. It looked more comfortable and casual than Merlin’s shirt, and less “on the prowl.”

Anna, Alyssa and Danielle had all taken time to shop and dress up in stunning, provocative outfits, and were outshining the nymphs not only in looks but in their vivacity and charm. The nymphs seemed like children next to the succubi, but Fatima wondered if some of the succubi charm might wear off on the nymphs over time.

Azalea was backstage waiting for Mai to come down to discuss the order of their song sets and whether to include Anna, and if so, when. She kept glancing out the side door at the bar, wondering if Sammy was going to make it tonight. She hadn’t seen the girl at all since early last night, and had heard she left early.

A small party of guests tried to take Lucas’ table, but were dissuaded on hearing who might be claiming it shortly. Lucas had not yet arrived, though a fair number of Pack members showed up early.

All in all it looked like the start of what might prove to be an uneventful night...

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD BasilOwO BasilOwO gaY jail gaY jail

Please don't worry about posting order. Just post and catch up when you can.

Roxy was looking forward to a slower night. It would be a godsend following up the busy Saturday night. She wasn't looking forward to Altheus's sentencing though. It would be best not to think about for now.

She started to wait tables. With the slow pace, she actually had time to take in the club-ish atmosphere in the bar. She noticed Randy showing off his scratch to some other werewolves. With her wolf-like senses she could hear him recount the fight, not embellishing any details. She smiled and chuckled to herself. Was showing off scars a boy thing, or an alpha thing? Maybe both?
~~~
Mai walked out of her dressing room wearing black heels, a black dress that sparkled in the light, and a fashionable black bracelet around one wrist. Her jade fish was the only splash of color on her attire. If Tom thought she was distracting this morning, what would he think now? She kind of had a Jessica Rabbit thing going on.

She kept an eye out for Tom, waiting to "pounce." She spotted Azalea first, heading backstage. Business first, then a little fun.

"Waiting for me?" Mai asked Azalea in a playful tone.
~~~
Lilith was still in the succubi's room. She was looking at herself in the mirror. Compared to her sisters, she wasn't wearing the most provocative clothes; but they were a little form fitting. A white button up, a black plaid skirt, leggings, black Mary Janes, her faux black glasses; combined with the black heart amulet on her wrist, she looked kind of like a gothic Catholic collage girl.

She nervously pressed her fingers together. Thanks to the amulet she now had access to her powers inside the bar. She wondered if she should try a different outfit...maybe something like her sisters? The words of Lynn suddenly popped into her head. She didn't have to be super sexy if she didn't want to be. Someone was bound to let her taste their essence; it's not like she needed a whole lot.

She started to get a little encouraged, but she wasn't in a hurry to step out onto the bar floor.
~~~
Lynn approached the bar. Her blonde hair tied back in a pony tail. She wore a black jacket, a red crop-top tank that showed off her lightly toned midriff, jeans, and black sneakers. With her hands in her jacket pockets, she looked like she stepped out of the 90s. She had a confident grin and was ready to party. The only question now, would Alyssa see her first, or vise versa. Not that her get up was specifically for the succubus, it was just one of the outfits she liked to wear when clubbing. It was nostalgic; made her feel like the party kid, or the jock-that-likes-to-party, in one of those college films. In a way, it reminded her of her crazier college moments; those were some good times.

Gwalihir Gwalihir SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD BasilOwO BasilOwO gaY jail gaY jail

Last edited:
<< "Waiting for me?" Mai asked Azalea in a playful tone. >>

“Hi, there!” Azalea said back cheerfully, brightly. “In fact, I was. Seems like we have three acts going tonight: you, me, and Anna. Of course, Jeff and George will fill in between, but they don’t usually do a full set. You do the real showstopper numbers, so how do you want to play this? Especially since we’re only open tonight for four hours, should I do mine, then Anna do hers, then you do yours? That way you’d be the grand finale. Or do you have some other ideas?”

<< Not that her get up was specifically for the succubus, it was just one of the outfits she liked to wear when clubbing. It was nostalgic; made her feel like the party kid, or the jock-that-likes-to-party, in one of those college films. In a way, it reminded her of her crazier college moments; those were some good times. >>

Somebody snuck up behind Lynn and covered her eyes with their hands. “Peekaboo! I see you, little Miss Retro! Guess who!” came a female voice…

<< Lilith was still in the succubi's room. She was looking at herself in the mirror…

She started to get a little encouraged, but she wasn't in a hurry to step out onto the bar floor. >>

A light knock came at the door. It was Joseph, the Phoenix. “Yo, girl: you doing alright in there? I can feel your anxiety: trust me, you look great. It’s showtime: why don't you come on out, and give ‘em all what for?”

Adam walks in looking like a Kpop idol and sits down. The only time he gets involved is when people ask him for help. Rarely he ever gets involved by himself. He decides to just try to act more angelic. Which he was not born with the charms only the looks.
Cass slides into a chair waiting for the chance to enter any conversations. He sips on the wine which ended up weak to his liking but ends up drinking it anyways.

“That sounds perfect to me,” Mai replied. “If you’ll excuse me, I have a “tiger” to find. Break a leg,” she added with grin. She waved to Azalea before walking off.

Now where was her dapper gentleman of the night? The crowd wasn’t too big yet, so she didn’t have to rely too much on her kitsune senses.

She walked up to Tom, trying to limit the clicking of her heels as much as possible, and wrapped her arms around one of his.

“Hey tiger, care to have a drink with me? Or are you busy?”
~~~
“Alyssa?” Lynn guessed. She felt confident that she was right. They had talked about dancing (for fun) together.

“Do you want to hit the dance floor, or should we get a drink first?” She asked her, if her hunch was correct.
~~~
”I…I’m fine,” Lilith replied. She slowly opened the door and stepped out.

“W…what do you think? She asked Joseph, posing in a cutely shy way. Was it too much? Too little?

It didn't take an empath to tell that she was nervous. The last time she gave them "what for," she put the unsuspecting male in a coma; she hadn't expected it to happen either. She could sense a lot of essence from Joseph. Whatever preternatural he was had a lot of life energy. She tried not to look too hungry for essence as she stared at him. She didn't want to think of people as just wells of essence.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

She looked to be about twenty, with almond-shaped eyes and raven hair down to her breast on her right side, cut to her shoulder on the left, with diagonal cuts and blonde highlights on the ends. Her black jacket had shoulder pads like axe blades almost up to her ears, white painters pants and black suede boots with medium heels. Add on a sheer checkerboard scarf down to her hips, and it was a remarkable outfit. She came in with a crowd wearing similar styles and hairdos, some pink, some blue, some ash blonde but most often black, and zeroed in on the other corner booth across from where Lucas and the Pack usually sat. They waved for Roxy and ordered drinks right away, flashing wads of cash and tipping generously from the start. Of course she earned the tips quickly, having to remember drinks she’d never heard of before like the “kangaroo jump” and the “Quasimodo slide.”

The girl in the black jacket grinned at Roxy, then followed her over to the bar where Adam was sitting and Ben was taking the orders and looking every bit as confused as Roxy, but the girl started listing ingredients for him and Ben got to work. Ben got her drink ready quickly so she wouldn’t have to sit dry while she told him what they wanted, while letting Roxy go do her thing.

While Ben was mixing she turned towards Adam and smiled. “Seelie or UnSeelie? I’m so buzzed, I can’t read anybody right now!”

From his years of travel Adam knew she meant she thought he was Fae, either of the Seelie Court (light and Lawful) or UnSeelie Court (dark and Chaotic). Their styles had always been a bit avant-garde, so his look fit in pretty well with them…

Most of the buzz around Cass was the typical shallow level “Hi, there! Nice night, huh?” introductory chit chat, but there was an exception: “...damned waste of time, holding another hearing. They caught him, proved he did it, he confessed: time to take him out the hard way, let any other fools out there know how we treat cold-blooded killers. Somebody wants to argue ‘mercy,’ I say: ‘He wasn’t merciful to the men he killed, why should we be merciful to him?’”

The other party appeared to be in agreement. “All this BS just to look like we’re following some kind of laws. Well, we aren’t: we’re wolves, we shouldn’t have to. This is rule of the jungle, and we’ve done what needs doing to make it fair. Shouldn’t have to prance around it anymore.”

That seemed to match the buzz from other parts of the bar as well…

<< “Hey tiger, care to have a drink with me? Or are you busy?” >>

Tom glanced down and smiled. “Hey there, Miss all Slinky and Sexy! Looking good tonight, I must say. Sure, let’s go for a drink before I get called in on something stupid.”

He led the way to the bar and ushered her to one of the remaining chairs, then held up a finger. “Cassis Orange, wasn’t it? And a Long Island for me.”

Tom didn’t usually go for such a strong drink. She could see in his eyes that he was still brooding about tonight’s hearing…

<< “Alyssa?” Lynn guessed...

“Do you want to hit the dance floor, or should we get a drink first?” She asked her, >>

“The one, the only! How’s my favorite mermaid doing tonight?”

When asked about a drink, Alyssa brightened up. “Considering the band isn’t even playing yet, it’s just the jukebox, I’d definitely vote for a drink. What’s your speed, sweety? Think I’ll go with a salty frozen margarita!”

She sashayed over to the bar laughing as she tried to get through the small crowd that had gathered. “Nothing like it will be later. We’d best enjoy while we can!”

<< ”I…I’m fine,” Lilith replied. She slowly opened the door and stepped out.

“W…what do you think? She asked Joseph, posing in a cutely shy way… >>

Joseph spread his arms and smiled. “Outstanding! They gonna love you, girl! Don’t you go gettin’ afraid of gettin’ too close, you hear? You learn, you know better now. Tell you what: I tink dat bracelet gonna do more than you know. Let you use your power, but control it also. Is like a door: how open it is, that up to you.”

He waved her ahead of him, following her downstairs…

While Ben was mixing she turned towards Adam and smiled. “Seelie or UnSeelie? I’m so buzzed, I can’t read anybody right now!”

He turns his head towards her” I’m more in between. I’m a neutral angel which is strange. My brother over there has the charms and I just get the looks. May I please, have a glass of whiskey and make it strong.” He aims that last bit at the bartender which he forgot the name.
Gwalihir Gwalihir

"I'm great. I've been feeling that party itch, so I'm ready to have some fun," Lynn replied.

She nonchalantly followed the succubus, taking a seat at the bar beside her. "Ya...It sounds like they're closing early to conclude the hearing. On the bright side, we'll just have to make every second count."

She turned to the bar tender. "One Pina Collada."
~~~
Lilith looked at her amulet. Would it really help her control her power? She didn't see a reason not to take Joseph at his word; guess she'll find out tonight.

She walked down the stairs and began to look around. Not much of a crowd yet, but it was slowly getting bigger. She noticed Alyssa and Lynn sitting together. A part of her wanted to sit with them, but she felt too much like a Debbie Downer to be a fun third wheel. Maybe once she got a grip on her nerves?

Lilith found an empty booth and sat down. She flagged down Roxy after she had helped someone with interesting clothes.

"I'd like a Coke, in a glass bottle...if you have them." She wasn't into alcoholic drinks and wasn't planning on starting now.

"Sure thing," Roxy replied with a smile. She was about to walk off, but looked like she remembered something. "Say...did you get your newcomer's free drink last night?"

"No...That's a thing here? I was too much of a wallflower...and then...all that happened...," she replied shyly.

Roxy smiled and nodded, before bringing back what Lilith ordered. "On the house. Enjoy."

Roxy walked off to continue working, leaving Lilith alone at the booth. She started to sip her Coke, trying not to look like a shy girl; though there were bound to be some guys or gals interested in a meeker person.
~~~
Mai smiled as Tom ordered one of her favorite drinks.

"Good choice, tiger," she replied, before getting nostalgic. "Oba and I used to drink them together; which reminds me, Oba...my aunt, wants to visit in a couple weeks. Coincidentally, around the time of the full moon."

It was supposed to be happy news, but it was hard not to notice the gloom in his eyes. "The hearing, huh?" she asked softly, her usual smirk turning into a slight frown.

She stood up and stated to massage his shoulders. "You're so tense, tiger. Relax, enjoy yourself. Until it's time, let the hearing worry about itself. You've done everything you could; whatever conclusion you came to, I'm sure it's the right one. You can count on me to help the others realize that, if it comes to that." She gently kissed the side of his neck, almost mimicking a vampire.

"Make it a double," she told the bartender.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

(had to do one character at a time due to time so...)
Cass looks around and decides to join a conversation.” Hey excuse me I keep hearing something about a hearing? May you please tell me more about what's going on? I just came into town not too long ago.” He tries to stay as polite as possible even though he's a bit tipsy already. Angels can get drunk but they try not to.

<< He turns his head towards her” I’m more in between. I’m a neutral angel which is strange. My brother over there has the charms and I just get the looks. May I please, have a glass of whiskey and make it strong.” He aims that last bit at the bartender which he forgot the name. >>

She pursed her lips, then smiled. “A ‘neutral’ angel, huh? So not a hoity-toity goodie goodie, but not evil like a demon. That sounds a lot like UnSeelie to me. We’re not really evil, either. We just have our own ideas about what’s right and wrong. When you get your whiskey, bring it on over and meet the gang. I’m Denali, by the way. What’s your name?”

SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD

<< "I'm great. I've been feeling that party itch, so I'm ready to have some fun," Lynn replied.
... On the bright side, we'll just have to make every second count."

She turned to the bartender. "One Pina Collada." >>

“Well, we can sure do that, sweetie!” replied Alyssa: “Powers or no powers, I’ve always known how to have fun. Just, powers make it that much more fun.”

She stroked the back of Lynn’s arm with her fingertips, just the lightest touch, and sent thrills tingling down her spine. “Don’t want to overstimulate you, hun, but consider that a promise of things to come?”

She smiled at Lynn’s choice of drink. “You know the song, right?

“If you like Pina Coladas,
And getting caught in the rain…”

She waved her hand in the air. “I don’t remember the rest, but it was a cute song.”

<< Roxy walked off to continue working, leaving Lilith alone at the booth. She started to sip her Coke, trying not to look like a shy girl; though there were bound to be some guys or gals interested in a meeker person. >>

“I see someone likes the classics,” came a male voice: “Classic coke in a classic bottle, and the classic ‘little black dress:’ some things just don’t grow old with time. I should know.”

The face that approached looked pale, about 25, dressed in black slacks, a gray sweater and black sports jacket. He was impeccable, obviously a vampire, but open and friendly.

“May I join you?” he asked, taking a seat in the booth as soon as she acquiesced. “I am Dante’, by the way: may I ask your name?”

<< "Good choice, tiger," she replied, before getting nostalgic. "Oba and I used to drink them together; which reminds me, Oba...my aunt, wants to visit in a couple weeks. Coincidentally, around the time of the full moon." >>

“By all means tell her she’ll be welcome,” Tom said, a bit absently; “I’ll reserve a suite for her: no reason she should have to spend time and money on a hotel.”

<< It was supposed to be happy news, but it was hard not to notice the gloom in his eyes. "The hearing, huh?" she asked softly, her usual smirk turning into a slight frown.

She stood up and started to massage his shoulders. "You're so tense, tiger. Relax, enjoy yourself. Until it's time, let the hearing worry about itself. You've done everything you could; whatever conclusion you came to, I'm sure it's the right one. You can count on me to help the others realize that, if it comes to that." She gently kissed the side of his neck, almost mimicking a vampire.

"Make it a double," she told the bartender. >>

He sighed and relaxed under her hands, nodding, then smiling as she suggested using her persuasive powers to help.

“I should know to count on you to come up with a solution in a pinch. Thank you. I don’t want to steal anyone’s free will, but I am sure you can stop short of that and still be persuasive.”

Just then Jeff and George started playing a soft but haunting melody, and Azalea stepped out with her guitar:

“Whispering our goodbyes
Waiting for the train
I was dancing with my baby
In the Summer rain…”

He smiled again, reaching for his drink. “A double Long Island, huh? Might as well call it a Molotov, that much alcohol…”

He took a long sip and sighed in satisfaction. “Maybe I’m just borrowing trouble. Maybe tonight will be a fine night after all…”

shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Last edited:
<< Cass looks around and decides to join a conversation.” Hey excuse me I keep hearing something about a hearing? May you please tell me more about what's going on? I just came into town not too long ago.” >>

The two men who had been talking were thoroughly duded up in western jeans, belts, boots, shirts, hats and jean jackets. They gave Cass a quick scan before one cleared his throat and spoke.

“Yeah, sure. See, eight of our guys got murdered here ‘bout a year and a half ago, an’ we’d been told there was three gals what did it. Last night, we catch up with them, an’ surprise! Turns out the fella that blamed ‘em was the guilty party all along.

“So, we’re gettin’ ready to string him up: got his confession and everything all legal like, but there’s some folks arguin’ we shouldn’t kill him. So, they want a sit-down hearing tonight to decide what we should do with him, and most of us got our dander up to take him out the hard way, seein’ he killed our eight bros. So’s I don’t see this ‘hearing’ going much of anywhere. We just might string up whoever’s arguin’ to save him right alongside him, if we can’t make ‘em see some sense.

“Clear as mud for ya?”

SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD

"S...sure...," Lilith stuttered. She blushed shyly and scooted over a little.

"I'm Lilith...the youngest Cooper sister. W...we're succubi..." She felt like she was blowing it.

Copying a little of Alyssa's moves, she started to reach toward his arm; however, putting someone in a coma was still fresh in her mind, so she hesitated a little. Dante had ample opportunity to grab her hand first. Thankfully, no coma.

"W...we just started working here. That's why you're here in my booth, r...right? For a little fun?" Was she overselling it? "I mean..." she shrunk back a little. "It's nice...to drink with someone."

She felt like she was being pulled in two different ways. Be the sexy succubus like her sisters; be herself, or maybe something in the middle?

"Please don't leave...," she thought. She needed some essence and only had four hours to get it tonight (that's what she assumed anyway.)
~~~
"Of course I know it. It's a classic," Lynn replied. She smiled as the tingle went down her spine; she couldn't help it. At least she knew she wouldn't drain her dry...

But there was an order to this kind of thing. First drinks, a dance or two, then she'll see where things lead.

"If you're not into yoga
If you have half a brain
If you like makin' love at midnight
In the dunes on the cape
Then I'm the love that you've looked for
Write to me and escape."

Lynn managed to finish the chorus before activity started on the stage.

"Now it's a party," she said to Alyssa. She started to drink, a little faster than she normally would, but not too fast. A nice inbetween when compared to chugging down drinks at a frat party (while still utilizing some of those skills.)
~~~
"I'll pass along the message to her. She'll appreciate it," Mai sat back down in her seat. "I don't think I've shown you what she looks like." She pulled her phone out of the black purse she had been toting around.

"Isn't she a beauty? She's happily married, so don't get any funny ideas," she joked. "Her name's Motoko, but I call her Oba, or Obasan when I'm talking to her. It's a sign of respect towards one's aunt where I'm from."

Her playful smirk became more tender. "She's the closest thing to a mom I ever had... You see, kitsunes are stuck in their fox form for the first hundred years of their life. It would look pretty strange for a woman to be toting a fox around, especially for that long. I'm sure a normal human could buy into some kind of excuse...but our race found it easier to leave their offspring at a fox reserve; a secret kitsune orphanage would be the best way to describe it. Once we're done with those hundred years, we appear to age like humans, and get "adopted" into our own families. Usually a parent or family member takes us in, sometimes another kitsune altogether. In my case it was my aunt and uncle."

She took a sip of her drink and then started to stare at it.

"I don't really know what my mom's up to. She's probably back in Japan with some guy, or guys, wrapped around her finger. Maybe...she just hasn't met someone like you yet." She smiled at Tom. "Or...maybe she's just even more manipulative than I am; if you can imagine that." She winked.

Gwalihir Gwalihir
MV5BMTIyNjUwNTk3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTE4NTMzMQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR164,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Last edited:
Adam kinda checks her out but, doesn't it make it obvious. “I’m Adam nice to meet you, and I will love that.“ He catches his whiskey when it slides over to him without looking. “Lead the way”, as he gets up with his drink in hand.

Cass grabs a chair and pulls it over.” Yes, it explains a lot. I remember something about that. I was undercover at the time and I followed someone down to a boat but I hide so I wasn't seen. It was strange but I hope it's not the same thing” he explains everything he remembers about that night. “But I was knock out before I could do anything.”
Gwalihir Gwalihir

<< "S...sure...," Lilith stuttered. She blushed shyly and scooted over a little.

"I'm Lilith...the youngest Cooper sister. W...we're succubi..." She felt like she was blowing it. >>

Dante’s smile broadened as she explained herself. “A demure succubus: who would have thought? But that explains a lot, too.”

He did take her hand for a moment “It is a pleasure to meet you, Lilith. At least for me.”

<< "W...we just started working here. That's why you're here in my booth, r...right? For a little fun?" Was she overselling it? "I mean..." she shrunk back a little. "It's nice...to drink with someone." >>

He laughed. “What an interesting set of contradictions you are! Timid as a mouse, yet brazen enough to ‘lay it all on the table,’ as they say. I should love to ‘have a little fun’ with you, but as far as your needs I fear I would not do you much good. Surely you know that a Succubus cannot draw essence from the dead?”

He shifted in his seat, leaning forward to speak quietly, conspiratorially. “I, on the other hand, would experience sheer delight at drinking some of your blood, especially right after you had fed. I wouldn’t need much: certainly not enough to drain you much at all. But here is our mutual problem: we are not in a ‘target rich’ environment.

“Here we have vampires. Neither you nor I can feed on them. Then we have werewolves. A tasty, filling source, but they tend to keep to themselves. Tonight we have the Fae for the first time I recall: also tasty, but even more clannish. And we have a handful of exotic others meandering through the bar, but seemingly on errands that will not coincide with our intentions.

“The problem as I see it is that this club is too exclusive. It is full of predators, but no prey. You and I need to be out among the UnGifted, the normals, in search of that vanishing species, the 21 year-old American Virgin. Or the less exotic but delicious Sorority Girl, or some other female of the species. Am I right?”

<< ...Then I'm the love that you've looked for
Write to me and escape."

Lynn managed to finish the chorus before activity started on the stage.

"Now it's a party," she said to Alyssa. >>

Alyssa laughed. “Indeed it is. Cheers to ya.”

Noticing that Lynn was starting to chug her drink, Alyssa took a long draw on her margarita, then stopped, waving a hand in front of her face and rubbing her temples. “Brain freeze! I should remember: can’t chug a frozen drink!”

“So…” Alyssa asked, as she waited for her head to stop aching, “where did you pledge? It takes a sorority girl to chug like that: I should know!”

<< "Isn't she a beauty? She's happily married, so don't get any funny ideas," she joked. "Her name's Motoko, but I call her Oba, or Obasan when I'm talking to her. It's a sign of respect towards one's aunt where I'm from." >>

Tom looked at the picture. “You two have a lot in common. No question you got some of who you are from her.”

He listened and nodded as she described her kitsune childhood and how she wound up with her aunt, and her musings about her mother.

“Something tells me your aunt was the more stable of the two sisters, and that you got the better end of the deal,” he said: “It sounds like your mother may have been a little on the wild side.”

He took another drink of his Long Island and sighed in satisfaction as Azalea began her set.

“One way or another, though, you wound up here with me. And that, I am quite pleased with.”

<< Adam kinda checks her out but, doesn't it make it obvious. “I’m Adam nice to meet you, and I will love that.“ He catches his whiskey when it slides over to him without looking. “Lead the way”, as he gets up with his drink in hand. >>

Denali was clearly in good shape, with a fairly small waist and a nicely proportioned bosom, and her hair was obviously well taken care of. “Nice to meet you, too, Adam.” She turned back to the bartender. “Ben, was it? Could you send all those over to our corner booth? And thanks,” she said, passing Ben a $50 bill.

She sashayed through the dancers on the floor to get to the booth, possibly showing off a little for Adam, he couldn’t tell, and turned to introduce Adam. “Hi, guys! Adam here is a real angel, or so he tells me, gone neutral, so none of that flaming sword stuff. I invited him over. Make yourselves known?”

And they did: Sasha, Maria, Taylor, Ricardo, Enrique, Dallas and Jaime. Their looks were kind of a cross between goth and Kpop: mostly dark, but some original, inventive choices, usually bright color in something small.

Denali scooted in on the end and made room for Adam to sit right next to her, her arm draped casually on the booth cushions above his shoulders.

“So, Adam,” Denali asked, “What’s an angel doing in a vampire bar? I’m betting it has something to do with that neutral stance you were talking about?”

<< Cass grabs a chair and pulls it over.” Yes, it explains a lot. I remember something about that. I was undercover at the time and I followed someone down to a boat but I hide so I wasn't seen. It was strange but I hope it's not the same thing” he explains everything he remembers about that night. “But I was knock out before I could do anything.” >>

“So, you followed either the girls or the guys from the Pecos Bar down to the Blue Madrigal? You say you seen something strange? Come on: tell us what ya know…” Now he had the cowboys’ full attention...

"Nowhere fancy, just the local collage," Lynn replied after wiping her mouth with her sleeve. "The parties were great though."

She pushed her empty class forward a little. "Ready to hit the floor?"
~~~
"R..right...," Lilith turned her gaze down and blushed with embarrassment. It was obvious that Dante was a vampire, but she was too committed to the flirty succubus bit.

"I'm a late bloomer," she started to explain, pressing her pointer fingers together. "For the longest time it felt like I wouldn't get my powers...until...suddenly...I did. I...I'm not used to be being...sexy."

She listened to him during his predator speech. Personally she'd rather drain essence from a preternatural than a normal human; at least a preternatural could recover from being drained better.

"T...technically I'm still a virgin. I can try to keep it that way...tonight at least...," she said awkwardly. "Us predators should look out for each other."

She glanced around the room, looking for another "mark". Her gaze kept shifting over to her sister and Lynn. She felt comfortable asking the mermaid for some essence, but didn't want to sabotage Alyssa (assuming Lynn would actually let her take some of her essence.) She couldn't help looking conflicted as she stared. Luckily their backs were facing her, but her sisters might be too busy flirting to even notice her anyway.
~~~
"Might be?" Mai chuckled. "I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that my mother is on the wild side. Where else would I get my mischievous streak from? Even if it is more playful these days." She materialized her tail as she flicked it at Tom. She grinned playfully and wrapped her tail around her neck, like a fur coat.

"I doubt she planned on having a kid. Now the real question is, do I have any siblings out there? Maybe she learned from her little mishap. I don't think Oba would keep something like that a secret...she'd probably be asked to take care of them too."

She took another sip from her drink.

"All things considered... I'm glad we met too, tiger." She winked at Tom.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Last edited:
The evening air was cool as Lokua drove his way up to the Last Castle, the windows of his pickup rolled down so he could enjoy the breeze. Through the trees he could see the darkening sky taking on the purple hue of the twilight hours--his favorite color, few would have guessed. Quietly the radio droned on, turned down low to provide a bit of noise on the otherwise silent old road. His eyes felt heavy, an exhausting day preceded by a late night of reading had left him feeling drained. With his energy already sapped, and Tom's swiftly-spread warning that some sort of trial was to be taking place in the bar that night, Luan wanted nothing more than to make his delivery quickly and head home.

He remembered the eight-person murder that had rocked the town nearly two years ago. It was the reason for the extra deadbolt added to his door now. Knowing that the perpetrator had been caught, interrogated, brought to justice, Lokua wondered why he didn't feel more relieved. Surely a murderer being caught should bring a feeling of safety, right? Still... he found himself uneasy. The feeling of a man surrounded, trapped by those who wanted nothing more than to chop him to bits... it was a feeling he was more than familiar with.

He pulled to an abrupt stop in the parking lot behind the bar. A sigh left his lips and he closed his eyes, leaning his head back against the headrest for a moment. He shook his head, attempting to shake the thoughts from his mind, telling himself the case of a murderer was far different and.. in the end, it wasn't something he considered his business. With determination to shove the entire thing to the back of his mind, he finally opened the door. The old truck creaked as the tall man stepped out. Lokua moved quickly to the truck bed to gather the few crates he was delivering. He had told himself to make this drop off quick and that was what he intended to do.

Thankfully his size made that easy, and he had little trouble carrying the delivery in just one trip, except for setting one crate down temporarily to reach his key, and unlock the back door of the bar. He held his keys between his teeth and picked the crate back up, and then ducked under the door frame into the building. The sounds of the busy kitchen and bar swept over him and he involuntarily flinched away a bit. Loud. Hoping to avoid much notice, he hurried to the walk-in fridge to put the crates of seafood away.

Last edited:
Adam sits down allowing her to put her arm there, ”Nice to meet you all. I fell in a field not so, far from here. I was attacked and got a wound in between my wings. I thought I could make it but I didn't. After I got healed up I decided to stay for a while. “ He takes a sip and leans back into the booth.” I always thought that everyone could live in peace and get along. But that's not always the case. I came from a war between vampires and werewolves over territory .”
Cass sips his drink” I don't remember that much. It was dark and, about to be stormy.I saw them get on the boat and I stayed on bank bank. I was a bit tipsy that night. The next thing I remember I was grabbed from behind and he had the strength of a werewolf. I don't know his name” He goes off to describe the details for them. At this rate, he's drunk and is sliding his words.
Gwalihir Gwalihir

(from here on out, will be posting in segments to avoid lengthy holdups. Please be patient: I got a lotta charries to run now!)

<< "Nowhere fancy, just the local college," Lynn replied after wiping her mouth with her sleeve. "The parties were great though."

She pushed her empty class forward a little. "Ready to hit the floor?" >>

“Absolutely!” Alyssa pushed away her glass and stood up, following Lynn to the dance floor. She began to gyrate to the music and raised her hands in the air as one song ended and another began:

“There you stood, that'll teach her
To look so good and feel so right
Let me tell you about the girl I met last night
It's understood, I had to reach her
I let the wheel of fortune spin
I touched your hand before the crowd started crashin' in…”

<< "T...technically I'm still a virgin. I can try to keep it that way...tonight at least...," she said awkwardly. "Us predators should look out for each other." >>
Dante’ laughed. “Demure, a succubus, _and_ a virgin? I’d ask what other surprises you have up your sleeves, but as you don’t have sleeves…”
He smiled broadly. “Perhaps I could persuade you to ‘keep it that way’ on a long-term basis? I am more and more eager to taste you with every sentence that you speak. But, you must feed. I see you checking out the room: if we are to remain here, might I point out the two cowboys up against the bar? If you aren’t quite used to seduction, you might try pretending you’re a bit drunk, and invite them to buy you another drink. You’ll have them hornier than a cattle drive in an instant, presuming that your request includes the promise of sex as a reward. Then just take them upstairs and drain them as needed to knock them out, and you’ll be flush as a winning card hand. Then, if I may join you, I promise I shall drink only enough to bring you down from your high, and leave you feeling normal. And for that, I shall reward you any way you desire.
“What do you say to my proposal?”

shadowdude505 shadowdude505
<< The sounds of the busy kitchen and bar swept over him and he involuntarily flinched away a bit. Loud. Hoping to avoid much notice, he hurried to the walk-in fridge to put the crates of seafood away. >>
Fatima was just running a clean-up errand in the back when she saw the huge man come in carrying several crates marked as fish and shrimp. “Oh!” She said, a little surprised: “You must be the new man Tom was telling me about! Thank you: you could have borrowed one of our service carts, you know. Just something to save your back for next time.”
She opened the deep freeze for him. “I see you brought a full case of fresh shrimp, too. I think we were ordering that before we knew we’d be closing down at 10:00 tonight. Ah, well: five dollar shrimp cocktails and all-you-can-eat scampi, and we shouldn’t let any spoil.”
She paused for a moment, looking at him. “I don’t suppose you’ve heard about our little hearing tonight? We could really appreciate a jury of peers, disinterested parties to the case. Any chance you’d be willing to join us after 10:00, sit in and help with a verdict? I get the feeling you wouldn’t be too intimidated by the pack of howling wolves we have trying to bend the scales, if you know what I mean?”

starlightredux starlightredux

( No worries! Completely understandable! )

Lokua jolted a bit when a petite woman appeared at his side, not having expected anyone to speak to him, nor having seen her approach. She had dark eyes and her even darker hair swung around her shoulders as she moved to help him. Keys still gripped between his teeth and, feeling a little timid in the older woman's presence, he could only grunt quietly in response to her mention of the service carts. He could carry these boxes pretty easily, yes, but she was right in guessing that his back could use a break now and then.
He ducked into the freezer as the woman spoke. As long as he got paid, he didn't mind too much what they did with the shrimp, but he also didn't mind her lingering to talk. Quietly he placed the crates where they needed to go, and with his hands finally free he removed the keys from his mouth and tucked them back into his jacket pocket.

Her mention of the hearing caught him off guard, enough so that in his surprise, he bumped his head against the ceiling of the freezer.
A feeling of nervousness trickled up his spine and he shuffled awkwardly out of the freezer, his hand rubbing the back of his head a bit. He looked off to the side, not really meeting the woman's gaze except for a small glance.

"I wouldn't... be the best for that." The man spoke finally, his voice quiet but low, rumbling deep in his chest. He understood what she meant, of course, but he also knew werewolves, and he wasn't sure his opinion would be a popular one amongst them.

Gwalihir Gwalihir

Last edited:
Lynn stated to dance beside Alyssa. At first, she wasn't super showy; but as the music went on, she began to fall under the succubus's charm. A part of her figured she'd have a repeat of the previous night, but unlike last time she understood a little about why a succubus does what she does; besides, she was having fun.

Lynn's inner party girl began to show again as she mirrored Alyssa's movements.
~~~
Lilith watched Alyssa and Lynn as they headed to the dance floor together. Her head snapped back to Dante as he began to talk again.

"I...I'll try my best," she replied sheepishly. Things tended to get wild when a succubus was involved, but she could stick to kissing for draining essence. Maybe she could work it in as her shtick; be a succubus that stops short of the devil's tango.

She turned her gaze to the cowboys. Werewolves, maybe? It looked like they were talking to someone. Lilith wasn't an alcoholic, nor did she really like alcoholic drinks either; but they were marks just the same. Luckily she'd been pretty good in drama classes. It was easier to interact when she knew what lines to say, and she could always improve based on what the script said.

"Here goes nothing...." Lilith took a deep breath before getting up from the booth, leaving an empty Coke bottle behind. She acted like a wobbly drunk as she made her way over and bumped into one of the cowboys.

"I'm so sorry," Lilith said. "I was just trying to get to the bar. My gal pals decided to turn in for the night; party poopers." She flashed a flirty smile. "I'm still feeling a thirst...if you know what I mean. Would you mind if I partied with you guys?"

Gwalihir Gwalihir SugaISAMOOD SugaISAMOOD (Cass)

Last edited:
<< "I'm so sorry," Lilith said. "I was just trying to get to the bar. My gal pals decided to turn in for the night; party poopers." She flashed a flirty smile. "I'm still feeling a thirst...if you know what I mean. Would you mind if I partied with you guys?" >>

Suddenly the two cowboys lost all interest in Cass and his story, turning all their attention and what charms they had towards Lilith.

“We surely do, darlin’, and we’d be deelighted to have your company this evenin’, little lady!” one of them said, laying his hat on the bar with the brim up and slicking his hair back with his fingers as he pulled out a barstool for Lilith. With his long sandy blonde hair and bright smile he looked a lot like Brad Pitt. “Ma name’s Deke, an’ this here’s my good buddy, little Jake. Now I know, Jake an’ me are just about the same height: that ain’t why the ladies call him ‘little.’”

At this point Jake tried to break a beer bottle over Deke’s head, but Deke caught it and splashed some beer in Jake’s eyes, and Jake stumbled off to the men’s room to wash off his face. Deke’s eyes never left Lilith’s face, until he turned to Ben. “Hey, bartender? Can we get one of them frozen margaritas for the senorita here? That sounds like a nice girlie drink!”

While Ben was salting the rim of the glass, Deke’s attention was back on Lilith. “So what’s your name, little lady?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back