• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic [OOC] Sail the Stars : Living Quarters

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Yes but he kinda... Tinkers. He only has 4 bullets at his disposal and it takes a while to make a cartridge.
I'd say you stick to a more normal option, like other players did. Like a good old lead shooting rifle. Or energy weapons too.

I PRESENT THE DISRUPTOR RIFLE

this ain't star wars boi

I PRESENT THE DISRUPTOR RIFLE

I guess they are pretty similar. Only, the Anti Matter is formed into a missile and only prone to combustion when the person firing sends out a command from the gun by double tapping the trigger, or manually opening the bullet. And this particular weapon has a pretty wide range.

I'd say you stick to a more normal option, like other players did. Like a good old lead shooting rifle. Or energy weapons too.

this ain't star wars boi
Okay, so I guess that will be his secondary.
Also, just to clarify, his crowbar can extend up to 30 feet at max.

Okay, so I guess that will be his secondary.
Also, just to clarify, his crowbar can extend up to 30 feet at max.
where does 30 feet worth of length come from

Antimatter is a dangerous thing to deal with, it would require a gigantic piece of high tech to keep it secure at all. A ship installed cannon might utilize it at small quantities, but I'd say something infantry sized would be difficult.

where does 30 feet worth of length come from

Antimatter is a dangerous thing to deal with, it would require a gigantic piece of high tech to keep it secure at all. A ship installed cannon might utilize it at small quantities, but I'd say something infantry sized would be difficult.
Yes. Its extremely unstable, and the kickback can break his arms. Plus when it fires it has a disadvantage effect that sends out a small emp, est 10 feet. So he can't fire it hay day style. Plus he only has four shots.
(And I edited my CS)

Yes. Its extremely unstable, and the kickback can break his arms. Plus when it fires it has a disadvantage effect that sends out a small emp, est 10 feet. So he can't fire it hay day style. Plus he only has four shots.
(And I edited my CS)
Why would an EMP be a disadvantage

(And I edited my CS)
Just to clear things out, what are your expectations for personal gear of characters?

Just to clear things out, what are your expectations for personal gear of characters?
Well, my character wouldn't carry around his gun or crowbar all the time, but only in combat. Idk how to really answer this question. I hear gear, and I'd think the stuff they use and carry. Mostly in combat, but other times while sorting out their profession. Example, Nariki would use his crow bar and hex shield while working underneath something.

Well, my character wouldn't carry around his gun or crowbar all the time, but only in combat. Idk how to really answer this question. I hear gear, and I'd think the stuff they use and carry. Mostly in combat, but other times while sorting out their profession. Example, Nariki would use his crow bar and hex shield while working underneath something.
First, talk to blob about antimatter, second talk to blob about the gear

I'm thinking of allowing high tech, but with a bit of realistic explanation/limits for it. I'm not smart in terms of science myself, but I'm doing my best to keep things consistent in terms of lore.
If you saw a bit of discussion between me and the players in the cs thread, you'd see a few examples. FTL related tech tend to be bulky, so slapping a FTL tech based shield onto a person would require a power armor to function properly in terms of size and power supply.
Alien cat species with powers to manipulate living things' physical forms is not allowed, as it is more superpower than high tech.
It seems that in modern times antimatter would require pieces of high tech, with an immense amount of power just to keep an intensely small amount of it intact.
Though I'd prefer to say a hard no on using anti matter in general, that's no fun so I would allow a ship mounted cannon using very small amounts of antimatter in its rounds, given that it has a whole section of the ship devoted to producing and stabilizing antimatter.
But I will say no to any antimatter weaponry smaller than that, not to mention a handgun or a rocket launcher.

I'm thinking of allowing high tech, but with a bit of realistic explanation/limits for it. I'm not smart in terms of science myself, but I'm doing my best to keep things consistent in terms of lore.
If you saw a bit of discussion between me and the players in the cs thread, you'd see a few examples. FTL related tech tend to be bulky, so slapping a FTL tech based shield onto a person would require a power armor to function properly in terms of size and power supply.
Alien cat species with powers to manipulate living things' physical forms is not allowed, as it is more superpower than high tech.
It seems that in modern times antimatter would require pieces of high tech, with an immense amount of power just to keep an intensely small amount of it intact.
Though I'd prefer to say a hard no on using anti matter in general, that's no fun so I would allow a ship mounted cannon using very small amounts of antimatter in its rounds, given that it has a whole section of the ship devoted to producing and stabilizing antimatter.
But I will say no to any antimatter weaponry smaller than that, not to mention a handgun or a rocket launcher.
Would it work If I just made it a simple RPG suped up to that point? Not as volatile as Antimatter, but more effective than a missile?

Just a high power rocket launcher would work just fine, yes.
Suped up is a vague word.
Sorry, I mean experimental. Definitely not government approved, and extremely dangerous and tinkered with, but not like destroy an entire fleet of ships type.

Sorry, I mean experimental. Definitely not government approved, and extremely dangerous and tinkered with, but not like destroy an entire fleet of ships type.
Hand held rocket launcher would hardly leave a meaningful damage on a ship unless it has a weakpoint vulnerable from the outside. The only hand held weapon that'd be able to do larger-than-life damage would be a launch button to a weapon of mass destruction.

Hand held rocket launcher would hardly leave a meaningful damage on a ship unless it has a weakpoint vulnerable from the outside. The only hand held weapon that'd be able to do larger-than-life damage would be a launch button to a weapon of mass destruction.
Well, yeah. I mean, depends on what kind of ship, but I see what you mean. I've edited my CS to fix all of that.

Here's a suggestion to organize things:

primary weapon: Omniplex Multitool (able to take forms of various physical tools. Usually stored as a crowbar.) I don't know about the 30 feet extension part, if your character carries the mass for it then I'll approve it.
Secondary: Experimental Rocket Launcher (It would be very effective against vehicles similar to some modern military vehicles(like tanks, planes, and generally non energy shield vehicles that aren't too big) as all rocket launchers are. If you want a stronger output let's talk more about it)

Gadgets:
Vital Monitor Watch
High Power Grenade (10 times would be more an artillery shell. I'd say the power of a modern RPG launcher's rocket, but with about twice the size of an ordinary frag grenade)
If you want to introduce any new gadget your character makes, please run through me before doing so.

Also microwave would need proper space to operate. I'd say a collapsible microwave that crams itself into a uhhh.... 10cm x 10cm x 10cm size cube.

Here's a suggestion to organize things:

primary weapon: Omniplex Multitool (able to take forms of various physical tools. Usually stored as a crowbar.) I don't know about the 30 feet extension part, if your character carries the mass for it then I'll approve it.
Secondary: Experimental Rocket Launcher (It would be very effective against vehicles similar to some modern military vehicles(like tanks, planes, and generally non energy shield vehicles that aren't too big) as all rocket launchers are. If you want a stronger output let's talk more about it)

Gadgets:
Vital Monitor Watch
High Power Grenade (10 times would be more an artillery shell. I'd say the power of a modern RPG launcher's rocket, but with about twice the size of an ordinary frag grenade)
If you want to introduce any new gadget your character makes, please run through me before doing so.

Also microwave would need proper space to operate. I'd say a collapsible microwave that crams itself into a uhhh.... 10cm x 10cm x 10cm size cube.
Okay, thanks!
And thats what I meant, is a collapsing microwave lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back