• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic [OOC] Sail the Stars : Living Quarters

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Alright jackson, post the spacekuza lore.
Remember, as I said- please don't add in new details over the approved one without additional approval.

Hey friend! I have a question how does a bbc code work? I’m not going to use it just curious

That's quite a broad question, which I'm not sure I can properly answer unless you make it more specific. RPN does have a BBCode Guide though if you'd like to check that out. Doesn't help you do everything I do but I've been using it for a few years, and as with anything one should start with the basics and then move on to the endless sea of other stuff.

That's quite a broad question, which I'm not sure I can properly answer unless you make it more specific. RPN does have a BBCode Guide though if you'd like to check that out. Doesn't help you do everything I do but I've been using it for a few years, and as with anything one should start with the basics and then move on to the endless sea of other stuff.
Thanks! I need to make a character and you probably know what type

Hey friend! I have a question how does a bbc code work? I’m not going to use it just curious
Although I know you're not intending to use it, there are some features of bbcode I sometimes use just for others' ease of reading. Accordians, tabs and scroll-boxes are the main ones I use (especially scroll boxes when character details get too long for their own good). It's not too hard to use, and I hope if you decide to use any, you'll find some that you like.

Really curious about what you're going to play though, since I must've missed the CS message. 👀

Although I know you're not intending to use it, there are some features of bbcode I sometimes use just for others' ease of reading. Accordians, tabs and scroll-boxes are the main ones I use (especially scroll boxes when character details get too long for their own good). It's not too hard to use, and I hope if you decide to use any, you'll find some that you like.

Really curious about what you're going to play though, since I must've missed the CS message. 👀
.......for as long as I have been on this site. I have only played machines. And I will continue to do so

If we have an ooc discord things tenf to stay on it(even big announcements), so I want everyone in or not make it at all.

The gist of the species I'd like to use is that they, the vrexul, are in essence starfaring arthropod nomads who live in large biomechanical fleets and scour the stars temporarily settling on worlds only to leave after scouring them for antediluvian secrets of some distant, shrouded past of theirs as well as lost "brood ships" bearing cryogenically preserved specimens of their kind. Historically they have had a rather shaky relationship with humanity; UGov and its corporations have come into conflict with them over the brood ships with a few having been claimed by the former as observer states and wards of their care, often utilizing them as practically slave labour or exploiting them for their technological and martial prowess. In turn, the vrexul would contest key territories and pressure them politically for their release up to funding or fermenting insurgent groups and resistnace to UGov and in some cases, things would accelerate to open warfare.

When hostilties did accelerate to that degree, the relatively small though impressively well armed vrexul proved to be troublesome. Smaller warfleets were no match for the might of the battle-hardened humanity but what first started as counter-insurgencies resulted in riots, protests, and demonstrations on the civilian front against these conflicts to additional vrexul nomad fleets joining in to assist their own. What they lacked in sheer numbers and material as well as overarching organization was made up for in tenacity, cunning, and unusual technologies and tactics. It was bad enough that UGov and its allies began to employ grand counter-intelligence and expansionist tactics, manipulating the fleets through deals for power and territory while exploiting the hidden tensions that had been fermenting between many of the otherwise suspicious, reclusive factions that comprised them. Counter-terror operations, manipulating then installing new leaders, and employing specialized proxy armies were all used to break the growing momentum of what could have been a powerful new force on the galactic map.

The idea of pan-vrexul unity seemed strangled in the womb and most of them turned into smaller, more easily managed and dealt with vagabond fleets while other settled down onto frontier worlds, turned into client states of the human powers. A number of them however only became entrenched in their ways, believing their kind to not be safe in a galaxy where their cryptic search for their past was being interfered with or even exploited by an uncaring, callous hegemon. For some time they seemed like dried out revolutionaries turned scavengers, mercenaries, explorers, and manual workers but recently a worrying development has been occupying the minds many UGov think tanks. The vrexul are uniting again - on a series of seemingly desolate planets at the fringes of where humanity's power extends, large fleets once at odds with one another have been gathering and deploying strange terraforming technology. This coincides with once UGov aligned vrexul colony-worlds being engulfed in political scandals or erupting in major insurgencies. These are starting to extend to corporate-held worlds as traffic towards the growing union of nomads results in what could potentially be the nightmare of the last great power game between the two resurrected.

That's the general gist of their background and current state. If that is fine, I can go over their biology, technology, culture, politics and so on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back