• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic [OOC] Sail the Stars : Living Quarters

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
SpazTheButcher SpazTheButcher
Technically speaking, the escape from Earth was centered around authorities and rich people for their own safety. U-Gov was formed once their vessels exited Earth's atmosphere. It was more a selfish escape than a last straw.
While the megacorps may have strong influence over their local planets the U gov made sure enough laws were passed to keep them on check.
But that's just trivial information.

Is the Starfleet part of U-gov's army?

SpazTheButcher SpazTheButcher
Technically speaking, the escape from Earth was centered around authorities and rich people for their own safety. U-Gov was formed once their vessels exited Earth's atmosphere. It was more a selfish escape than a last straw.
While the megacorps may have strong influence over their local planets the U gov made sure enough laws were passed to keep them on check.
But that's just trivial information.

Is the Starfleet part of U-gov's army?
It is U-Gov's army. it is just another name for it

But, why would that be? It’s three dimensional space and there isn’t a magnetic point to the “north” that you can navigate with....if anything the supermassive black hole in the galactic core should be one of the reference point lol

But, why would that be? It’s three dimensional space and there isn’t a magnetic point to the “north” that you can navigate with....if anything the supermassive black hole in the galactic core should be one of the reference point lol
Everything 40k taught me is a lie. Well, that's why I am not nav

tbh OP probably wouldn’t like the idea of Khorne, Tzeentch, Slaanesh and Nurgle show up with their realm of chaos to this party lol

tbh OP probably wouldn’t like the idea of Khorne, Tzeentch, Slaanesh and Nurgle show up with their realm of chaos to this party lol
John-Wick-Reloading.jpg

Why would you need nuclear weapon when literally every shots from the MAC would generate energy comparable to nuclear bomb by the law of E=mc^2. If we go with the figure of 0.4c like in HALO then a 406mm shell like USS Iowa shot in WW2 would hit like 40 Tsar Bomba in one shot

Why would you need nuclear weapon when literally every shots from the MAC would generate energy comparable to nuclear bomb by the law of E=mc^2. If we go with the figure of 0.4c like in HALO then a 406mm shell like USS Iowa shot in WW2 would hit like 40 Tsar Bomba in one shot
MAC guns are expensive and would require restrucuring of the whole ship, and would also need large engines to accomodate. Now a basic railgun would be cheaper, and we could attach it along the keel, and ammo would be pretty inexpensive, all we would need is tungsten slugs.

thermonuclear blast don’t leave much either, its not a slow leak like a nuclear power plant, the blast will vaporise most of the radiation material, that’s why Hiroshima and Nagasaki are both thriving big cities today while Chernobyl is still meh.

the Russian actually considered dropping a nuke in Chernobyl to deal with it lol

thermonuclear blast don’t leave much either, its not a slow leak like a nuclear power plant, the blast will vaporise most of the radiation material, that’s why Hiroshima and Nagasaki are both thriving big cities today while Chernobyl is still meh.

the Russian actually considered dropping a nuke in Chernobyl to deal with it lol
But nuclear fallout is useless in space, there is already radiation. I think of everything on a space scale, so a nuke would vaporize an enemy vessel

aren’t photon torpedoes already got warheads that are comparable to Tsar Bomba? Like 60 something megaton? I think Tsar Bomba got 50 megaton yield

aren’t photon torpedoes already got warheads that are comparable to Tsar Bomba? Like 60 something megaton? I think Tsar Bomba got 50 megaton yield
Yeah, but then my character would have to get rid of his Colonial Marine values and support the use of energy weapons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back