• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern OOC & FAQ

How many of you are interested in being allowed an ALTERNATE character?

• I want alternate characters allowed.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • I don't want alternate characters allowed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OOC
Here
Damafaud Damafaud Daunting_Doggo Daunting_Doggo DergTheDergon DergTheDergon Kloudy Kloudy Blaire Wisteria Blaire Wisteria Gilzar Gilzar r e i r e i Light Light @MatTamMax PanOtterPus PanOtterPus JustNicole JustNicole Tarmagon Tarmagon Vampunk Vampunk

After seeing a few posts with the modifiers implemented, considering another dice/skill system to try and have the modifiers make sense and actually serve a purpose... I've decided we are going back to the original system. Modifiers do not work within this system at all unless I give huge modifiers which means having to create a hybrid attribute/skill list.

It's over-complicating a system meant to be simple. I understand you want your character's particular and unique skills to affect their rolls, but with dice - even in DnD - it has alot to do with luck of your roll. If you roll low enough, a modifier isn't going to save you. Your character just had a moment where they did not succeed in their efforts.

The percents is a system of player versus target with a challenge roll system. It is roll against roll that determines the outcome, the higher roll determines who succeeds in their action. Yes, every character has unique skills, but your character is not perfect or infallible meaning they can make mistakes or fail. Your roll determines this overall success.

Modifiers in this system, as we've been using them recently, obviously don't do much. It's a percentile roll. Not a d20.

So, I've hidden away the roll modifier sheet, do not use it. I will be updating the system page when I get a chance. You are to only roll 1d100 per action and declare what that action is upon your roll. Once you've rolled, you cannot change your action.

So, I've hidden away the roll modifier sheet, do not use it. I will be updating the system page when I get a chance. You are to only roll 1d100 per action and declare what that action is upon your roll. Once you've rolled, you cannot change your action.
Fair enough ma'am.

Fable Fable

I want to post but I was waiting for Mara's post to see what actions would she take but if StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 doesn't post then that's gonna be my last post and i'll post for Mission 1

Damafaud Damafaud Daunting_Doggo Daunting_Doggo Kloudy Kloudy Blaire Wisteria Blaire Wisteria Gilzar Gilzar r e i r e i Light Light @MatTamMax PanOtterPus PanOtterPus JustNicole JustNicole StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Tarmagon Tarmagon
Mission 0 is over. I will be getting the exp added up and put into the spreadsheet. If anyone ever gains any new hits, it'd be reflected on that spreadsheet. The threads for Mission 0 have been locked (both IC and OOC).

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18
When you read the last post, you'll find Baosihr asked Mara to his office. He's basically going to tear her a new one for just standing around for the game. This is due to your lack of posts. I get you aren't exactly into combat, but as the team leader she should have at least tried to direct her team every now and then, instead she just stood by silent.

@MatTamMax
I mentioned this in discord and other posts, you need more post activity and should Usof show up drunk-ish in any way, Talora will sentence him to desk duty. That is what Baosihr is going to not-so-politely inform him of after his "chat" with Mara.

Alterius Alterius Aurum Aurum s u n s u n
I would like to be able to get your CS's reviewed and accepted before Mission 1 starts so they can be there for the Mission 1 briefing. Aurum Aurum s u n s u n I've not gotten no notifs about any changes to your CS's. You have to let me know so I can review any changes you both make. Mission 1 Brief will be opened up soon to keep things moving. I don't want to have to delay it. X3

Damafaud Damafaud Daunting_Doggo Daunting_Doggo Kloudy Kloudy Blaire Wisteria Blaire Wisteria Gilzar Gilzar r e i r e i Light Light @MatTamMax PanOtterPus PanOtterPus JustNicole JustNicole StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Tarmagon Tarmagon
Mission 0 is over. I will be getting the exp added up and put into the spreadsheet. If anyone ever gains any new hits, it'd be reflected on that spreadsheet. The threads for Mission 0 have been locked (both IC and OOC).

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18
When you read the last post, you'll find Baosihr asked Mara to his office. He's basically going to tear her a new one for just standing around for the game. This is due to your lack of posts. I get you aren't exactly into combat, but as the team leader she should have at least tried to direct her team every now and then, instead she just stood by silent.

@MatTamMax
I mentioned this in discord and other posts, you need more post activity and should Usof show up drunk-ish in any way, Talora will sentence him to desk duty. That is what Baosihr is going to not-so-politely inform him of after his "chat" with Mara.

I would like to be able to get your CS's reviewed and accepted before Mission 1 starts so they can be there for the Mission 1 briefing. Aurum Aurum s u n s u n I've not gotten no notifs about any changes to your CS's. You have to let me know so I can review any changes you both make. Mission 1 Brief will be opened up soon to keep things moving. I don't want to have to delay it. X3

Yes, sorry! Work has been a nightmare this week. I haven't even read what you wrote yet. I'll work on it tonight. Sorry about that!

Aurum Aurum I found some illustrated FCs that look like your character in case you're having trouble. The first one in particular!
uxuJluB.jpg

FEb4wj9.jpg

bskouRd.jpg

LAyah6N.jpg

Aurum Aurum I found some illustrated FCs that look like your character in case you're having trouble. The first one in particular!
uxuJluB.jpg

FEb4wj9.jpg

bskouRd.jpg

LAyah6N.jpg
Ooo these are nice~

Any updates on your characters? Mission 1 Briefing will be starting tomorrow and it'd be easier to introduce them then, rather than trying to shove them in a bit later.

This will be the last tag from me regarding your characters. Mission 1 Briefing has started and if you don't have an approved character by the time the teams leave for the missions, you most likely will not be included in the missions this round and will have to wait till the next mission release, which could be a while.

I've tagged y'all multiple times now. :\

Apologies, classes just kicked up and I have had an influx of responsibilities. I will be on in about an hour to finish my edits

Looking back i believe I made a minimal edit to explain his magic take a look and let me know if it’s acceptable. Fable Fable

Aurum Aurum s u n s u n

Multiple tags and still no replies back. If there are no changes or replies on your part by 1/13 (EST) you will be removed from the RP.

JustNicole JustNicole has been removed after informing me of issues regarding not having time to RP.

Alterius Alterius C.DEX C.DEX Damafaud Damafaud Daunting_Doggo Daunting_Doggo Kloudy Kloudy Gilzar Gilzar r e i r e i Light Light @MatTamMax One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost PanOtterPus PanOtterPus StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Tarmagon Tarmagon

If you have not seen the announcement yet, RpNation will be down January 19th (Eastern Time) to update the site. As such, the teams will not start their missions until after this update has been completed. You are all free to join the Discord Server if you haven't yet (though I believe everyone has thus far) so we can just chat and have fun.

Something important to note, as I am part of staff, I may be delayed after the update in getting any mission posts up. I am going to apologize beforehand if this happens, but an update requires quite a bit of work. ;3 I appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

This also means a bit more time to those (cough Alterius Alterius ) who haven't posted yet and a chance to try and recruit more players.

Last edited:
Alterius Alterius C.DEX C.DEX Damafaud Damafaud Daunting_Doggo Daunting_Doggo DergTheDergon DergTheDergon Kloudy Kloudy Gilzar Gilzar r e i r e i Light Light @MatTamMax One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost PanOtterPus PanOtterPus StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Tarmagon Tarmagon

Due to the dice feature currently being unavailable onsite, we will be using rolls on the Discord server. You will need to declare your roll before you use the bot to roll the dice. The commands are pinned in the smited-dice channel. Also, do not edit your declarations to try and cover up or change what your roll is for. I can see any edits and it would be viewed as cheating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back