• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings [OLD THREAD] Violet Meadows (Harvest Moon inspired RP)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Welcome and Info

Nona

s o f t b e a n
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Violet Meadows

Welcome the village of Kore! Tucked away in the scenic countryside of Violet Meadows and at least an hour's drive to the next biggest town. A town that had quieted down over the years as the younger residents left for the city and only the older inhabitants remained. Recently however younger residents have been starting to gather there once more. Drawn in by the calm atmosphere and clean air in contrast to the city that alot of people had left for in the first place. With plenty of festivals and events going on all year around as well as an adventurers guild to join there is always something to do despite its out of the way location.

Last edited:
Spring 2nd | Year 1

Spring 2nd

Spring 2nd | 7am | Clear

...As the morning mist finally cleared and the spring sun began to shine through it, the cool air finally started to warm up, but with spring still in its early stages, just enough to stop ones breath to be clearly seen while breathing outdoors. The flowers valley was most well known for were now popping up anywhere imaginable even in the gaps of the old cobbled paths near the entrance to the village, said flowers now budding and about to fully burst to life just in time for the upcoming flower festival in few days...

Quietly opening the wooden door leading into the local clinic, the young nurse stepped inside, pulling off her rain jacket and hanging it on the coat rack not far from the entrance "Morning!" She called to no-one in particular. She wasn't sure if the Doctor was here yet, or any patients for that matter but it had became somewhat of a habit call a greeting anyway, just in case.

Grabbing her light brown curls and trying it into a ponytail she hummed quietly to herself as she gazed out the window at the crisp spring morning briefly before sitting at her desk. It wasn't long before she began to grab and sort the files it, not that she needed to really they weren't all that messy. But with the morning being quiet for now, Amelia couldn't sit around. It wasn't in her nature to.

(Amelia is open for interaction)

Last edited:
Ren Westerly
Mentions/Interactions: None/Open

f2cf8a7b7c2299e9584426d56715f7a5.jpg

Ren was sleeping in, he had work off last night and that meant he was sleeping at a normal time. This town is certainly a lot more quiet and peaceful than that cursed place he used to live at. At least here he and Emilia could live in peace, well as peaceful as it can get. Still some things never change.
6b63d4eb369bab1cc66f61b2f7c11a38.jpg

While Ren was Sleeping, Emilia snuck in his room, dragged a Chair in, stood on the Chair and bellyflopped Ren. It seems he wasn't sleeping in today as he woke up in a start. He looked at Emilia with irritation in his eyes. She was sitting on top of him in that iconic hoodie of hers.

"Good Morning! Time to get up!"
"Emilia, you could've knocked on the door to wake me."
"But this method is more fun! Also I'm hungry so I couldn't have waited for you to get up by knocking."

Ren sighs as he is forced to get up, unable to try to sleep anymore. So he got up and cooked breakfast for Emilia full of Bacon, eggs, pancakes, and toast. Ren also heated up some coffee for himself as he took a seat outside on the porch. It's only been at least a few days since they moved in, but at least now he and Emilia can have a normal life again.

OgpgDaB.png

tenor.gif

It was 7am, and Lumina was already deep into the mines. She was definitely a morning person, and early morning was the perfect time to go delving for a bit. You go in when the air is crisp and cold and the sky hasn't quite lit up yet, and you come out with the warmth and light of the sun greeting you like an old friend. Mine in the morning, forge in the afternoon, craft in the evening. That was the schedule that Lumina liked to follow; this way, she could fit everything that she liked to do in one day. As much as she liked mining, she loved being in her forge or in her workshop, and didn't like to neglect one or the other on any given day. So that meant that at the moment, Lumina was in the mine.

She was on the 14th floor, to be specific. She had found her way down to the 26th by now, but this floor held a specific type of gem that she was looking for. This particular gem was called topaz, a beautiful yellow gold precious stone. They were somewhat rare, but this floor of the mine seemed to hold more topaz than she had seen anywhere else. The whole mine seemed to hold a seemingly-infinitely-regenerating supply of the gems, to her delight, so thankfully she knew it wouldn't be completely difficult to find one. And find one, Lumina knew she would.

Her reason for looking for a topaz was a simple one: she wanted to find one to give to the man who ran the clinic, Dr. Rhys. She had an appointment to stop in today for a checkup after her last extended stay not too long ago, so she figured she'd bring him a topaz as a token of her appreciation. He had mentioned it offhand when they last spoke, so Lumina thought this would be a good opportunity to surprise him with something nice. Nobody likes going to see the doctor if they don't have to, so maybe something like this would help make his day a little brighter. Especially when one of his most frequently visiting patients was herself.

As she thought, it didn't take all that long before a swing of her hammer against a granite formation revealed the golden shimmer underneath. Excitedly, Lumina clapped her hands together, a smile breaking out on her face as she brought her clapped hands to her cheek. "There you are, beautiful!" she exclaimed, her eyes sparkling as she kneeled down to inspect the unearthed topaz. "The doctor is going to love you! I hope he likes surprise gifts!" Taking another close look at the topaz embedded in the granite revealed it wasn't quite dislodged enough to mine out. Taking a breath in, Lumina raised the hammer once more before slamming it down against the granite just as she had done not moments before. This was enough to do it, and the topaz fell to the ground amidst the granite rubble. Lumina brought down the hammer, leaning against it for a moment as she caught her breath. She had been going pretty hard this morning collecting some ores on her way down to the 14th, so she had already gotten a bit of a workout this morning. However, as was par for the course for her when she unintentionally overdid it, shortness of breath and dizziness followed suit. They reared their ugly heads only every once and while, and it was always an unpleasant surprise especially when she was down in the mine where it was hard to reach other people for help. Fortunately it wasn't a bad case of anything like that, all she needed was a moment to recover and she'd be fine enough to return to the surface. A few more moments of rest was all Lumina took before she leaned down and picked up the golden gem in her hands. She wiped off the loose granite bits from the precious stone before stuffing it in the gemstone pocket of her specially-made mining bag. She made sure to have something like this with her so that she could bring as many ores and gems back to the surface with her as she could. For the most part, Lumina knew the many limits her body had, so she had to be inventive and figure out ways to make the most of her time.

original.gif

Her appointment was coming up fairly soon, so if she wanted to have time to actually process the topaz, she had to go back up and out to her workshop in town. Kore Village sat next to the mountain and the mine, but far enough away that it required a nice walk to get from her forge in town to the mine. The weather forecast yesterday said it was going to be a nice day today, so the walk back to the workshop was going to be nice at least. Lumina smiled at the thought as she secured her satchel closed tightly and headed back to the ladder to take her back to the surface. It didn't take long before Lumina found herself standing at the mine's entrance looking out at the valley (it always felt like magic how quickly she seemed to be able to return to the surface versus mining down). She moved her hand to keep her bangs out of her eyes as the spring breeze blew through the mountain and through the valley. It was a warm spring breeze, and it smelled like flowers. The bright pink leaves of the newly budding trees painted the valley in a gorgeous pink, a sight that looked especially beautiful at her altitude. Lumina took a few moments longer to take in the sight before starting her trek back into town.

Extra Info

Mood:
Happy

Mining/Heading into town

Objective:
Find topaz/Get back to her workshop before her doctor's appointment

Interacting with: None

Last edited:
The Flower Girl (Wisteria May)
4:00am/ Spring 3rd/ Clear

A quiet morning mist has settled upon the province of Kore, the dawn colors having barely touched the sky. However, one lone soul seems to have already started her day of work. A young woman rolls through town, a shire mare trotting along, pulling the cart and rider behind it with the energy of a filly. The bed of this wagon is bursting with baskets of flowers and small barrels of cherries, as well as the odd package of dried tea leaves. The young lady seems to reflect the energy of her horse, a soft smile and bright eyes as gracing her gentle features as she travels. Slowly, rays of the rising sun begin to wash over the village, orange and pink bleeding into the dark atmosphere and bathing the world in a soft, golden glow. As for the young lady, the rusty brown of her hair has been set ablaze by the caressing rays. The small procession soon arrives at their destination, the town florist, in order to drop off a delivery.

Dr. Rhys W. Wright
As the orange skyline fully ingulfed the region in light, Rhys was already awake. He had woken up too early, and wanted to take some time to take care of personal manners before starting his shift at the clinic. So, he sat against the clinic's outside back wall in an almost child-ish cross legged manner, and gently tore a piece of paper out his journal. Rhys dug a loose pen out of his satchel and began to guide his pen across the paper's smooth upside.

Dear Evelyn,
It has been a while since I've written to you, apologizes about that. The clinic's been much more work than I expected lately, but I honestly don't mind too much. The work has been providing me with the experience I need, although it has interferred with how often I write to you and the rest of the family. I'd hate to keep you in the dark or make you worry, so I'm writing to clarify that I haven't crashed and burned(yet!). I may be busy, but things are doing alright! I hope that you can say the same about college, Evelyn. It's rough, but you're one of the smartest in the family, and you'll make it through. If you're ever in the Violet Meadows area, you know you're more than welcome to come to Kore and get a big 'ol tickling from your big brother.
Love you to bits,
Watty (Rhys)

By the time Rhys raised his head and looked at the sky, it had already transitioned to the typical early morning light blue. He stretched his arms and packed his things back into his brown leather bag. Rhys needed to organize some files before Amelia arrived, and prepare for his appointment with Lumina. He put up his ponytail and went around to the front of the clinic, and pushed open the doors. Rhys immediately spotted Amelia when he walked in, working hard as usual. "Good morning, Miss Krauss. I see you've already got a head start on the work today. I'll give you a summary of today's schedule in a moment, just let me get ready." Rhys put his bag on his desk, then he pulled his offwhite lab coat off the nearby coat rack and put it on. Rhys then began to grab a few key items out of his satchel, his patient journal and his bag of candy, and placed then on the desk. After, he grabbed a set of plastic gloves, slid them on, grabbed his journal, and returned to where Amelia was working.

Mood: Peaceful

Tags: Nona Nona Lumina Lumina
download20190500091730-png.582052
code by apolla apolla

• Amelia Krauss •

9A0971C2-4EA1-4DFD-BABC-9EE612BE9FFF.jpeg

As Amelia had continued to tidy and organise the desk she hadn't noticed that Rhys had already arrived and opened the door. Only reacting to him once he actually started to speak. Her posture straightening with a start like she had been spooked. "Oh?! Yes!" She shuffled the files she had into her other hand "Sorry. I didn't hear you come in Dr. Wright." She said flashing a somewhat sheepish smile at being startled so easily.

As Rhys had went ahead to get himself ready for the day, Amelia had reached into the pocket of her uniform to pull out a round pair of glasses, putting them on her face and adjusting them slightly as he arrived back. "I'm sure he's not on there as an appointment but no doubt Sam will come wandering in at some stage, he's trying to break in one of the foals and she's a particularly stubborn one, knowing him and hearing his attempts this morning he'll get a kick or two from not being careful" she commented as she had left the sorted files to one side

AmazingAllyCat AmazingAllyCat

Last edited:
Zoey
1fc78e02afb7232db80f2c4b93c56fac.jpg

Zoey was not happy as she had be woken up by her alarm. She was definitely not a morning person, and it did not help that she had been up late the night before, cleaning one of the now empty rooms in the Inn. The Inn wasn't large like the hotels and such in the city, but it still managed to keep her busy. It wasn't often that the Inn was fully booked, but she business wasn't bad. Having the bar attached to the Inn helped her get customers as well, for those who couldn't quite make it back to their homes.

She grabbed her favourite red head band, slipping it on and adjusting her bangs while looking in the mirror. Once she was satisfied, Zoey made her way out of her room and down the hallway, straightening out things as she went. She went down the stairs and into the lobby of the Inn, looking around to see if anyone was around. Once satisfied, she made her over to the front door, opening the curtains on either side of the door, and opening the windows to get some fresh air in the lobby. Zoey headed over to the front desk, leaning against the desk as she yawned. Zoey had also quickly cleaned the lobby the night before as well, so that took something off her to do list for the morning.

Dr. Rhys W. Wright
Rhys stepped up to Amelia's desk, opening his journal on a free spot between the newly organized files. "Well, I'll be sure to prepare a few ice packs in case he does wander in. Today shouldn't be too busy, anyway, so an unexpected checkup or two won't hurt at all." Rhys flipped his journal to the latest page, titled in big letters "Spring 2nd To-Do." Below, in neat and stylish handwriting, listed a variety of tasks, arranged like an outline. "First off, we have Miss Lumina and Mr. Krauss's appointments. I need their files, I just would like to review their records and compare them to my personal patient notes before they come in. But the appointments themselves should be quick and hopefully no complications. And while we're speaking of files-" Rhys's fingers glided towards the second item on the To-Do list. "I'd just like you to compile a list of residents who haven't had a checkup in a while. I'd like to send them a letter and tell them its about time for their biannual checkup. Although, I am sure that the list would include basically everyone." His fingers slid again to the third item. "Afterward, I need to check and see if we need to stock up on any of our medicines. I'm sure we have a good stock of most, but it never hurts to check. Of course, if we're dangerously close to low on anything, I'll need you to fill out the paperwork and place an order for new stock. In review, I need Lumina and Samuel's files, I need a list of people who haven't visited in a while, and I may need you to order new stock for medicine." Rhys closed the hardcover book and lifted it up with his right hand, holding it by his side. "Apologizes about the large amount of paperwork today, but it needs to be done, and you're the best one to do it, after all. And if all goes to plan, there shouldn't be too much to do after lunch, so you can hang around here and have some time to yourself. Any questions, Amelia?"

Mood: Focused

Tags: Lumina Lumina Nona Nona
download20190500091730-png.575269
code by apolla apolla

Ren/Emilia Westerly
Interaction/Mentions: AmazingAllyCat AmazingAllyCat Nona Nona Silver Fae Silver Fae

f2cf8a7b7c2299e9584426d56715f7a5.jpg
Ren yawned as he finished his coffee, and headed back inside. He saw that Emilia finished her food and was waiting for him.
"Listen Emilia, we gotta get checked in with the doc here in this town. So I'm going to say this once, please don't terrorize him. I don't want to come home and here that you gave him a rough time. Also no pranks while we are there."
c57be15103d833e1d610cfab9f3c30b4.jpg

"You're no fun sometimes..." Emilia Pouted
"Yeah well, unlike some people I don't go out of my way to make sure I hide secret weaponry in my clothes. Anyways get dressed, I want to get this done as soon as I can."
Emilia gave him two thumbs up "Aye Aye Sir!"

She rushed towards her room to get changed. Ren also left for his room as he got changed into his normal punkish attire. He honestly didn't care what others thought of him, so if they want to make out to be a thug that is their choice. He also decided to make sure his hair didn't seem like he just got out of bed.

When Ren got out he saw Emilia with her favorite combination of clothing, her hoodie and her favorite beanie hat. With that taken care of, Ren made sure to grab the necessary documentation he needed for the doctor as they left.

As they both walked towards where the clinic was, Ren noticed a girl riding on a cart pulled by a horse. If that isn't rural then he doesn't know what is, still it's a pleasant sight. Emilia however looked quite amazed at this sight.
cada46524c840f8e9d1310b4b41658f3.jpg
"Morning."
"Morning!"
They both said as they walked by, as much as Ren would like to chat they had to see the doctor. Still she might be a person to talk to afterwards, after all who better to learn about a town than from those who live in it. Still they made their way to the clinic.

Once there Ren opened the door and looked around for a bit, more so to see what they had. Once he was satisfied, he walked to the front desk. A woman whom he had never met was sitting there. There was also a man who seemed to be the doctor around these parts.

"Excuse me, but we're here to register as patients. We just recently moved to town about 2 days ago."
Emilia just waved her hand in greeting.

Wisteria glances up and waves at them as they pass, a bright smile splayed across her face. And a fine morning to you as well!
( Archdemon Archdemon )

Avaline Rose
60c972a67e74e94ddf1521de46e5d043.jpg

It was a beautiful morning as per usual to be out in her grandmother's quaint little flower shop, tucked in the small village town of Violet Meadows. Avaline, being a morning person like most of her friendly neighborhood friends and family, was up as the sun began to make its ascent up towards the sky, the morning rays pleasant on one's skin. "How nice," Avaline thought to herself, "it'll be to just live out the rest of her days, peacefully like quiet mornings."

The air was fresh, smelling pleasant from all the flowers and plants the small teal-head surrounded herself in. With a watering can in hand, she went to work, watering the blooming bunch that needed watering and spritzing those which needed less maintenance. Poor girl had learn the hard way that one could over-water a plant, even if they weren't technically flooding the pot of soil. Succulents, were a prime example, and teary-faced Avaline had committed that to heart when her nanna explained in tender tones as she held the withered plant in her hands. That was a year ago. Avaline would recon she's changed much since.

Usually on normal days like this, customers were few, lest it be someone's special day, a birthday, a celebration, or perhaps a someone ready to woo their beloved. It isn't often people would stop by to purchase some flowers. Of course, there were also even the more rarer occasions... funerals, which are always a bummer. Fortunately, the town's doctor keeps everyone healthy and in check. She has to thank Dr. Rhys for that.

interactions: opened | location: flower shop

Doctor Rhys W. Wright
Rhys broke eye contact with Amelia, distracted by the new voices that entered the room. He looked and saw the man and the young woman, and straightened his posture. "Ah, I see. Doctor Rhys Wright, pleasure meeting you." Rhys walked over to the pair, giving a small but warm smile. "I can give you both a quick checkup, absolutely no problem. I just need to set up the office and-" Rhys paused, and then turned his head back towards Amelia. "Could you check them in, and when Miss Silvers comes in, would you please tell her I'll be with her shortly? Thanks."

Rhys turned around walked into the back room, his office. He reached below the wooden medicine cabinets and grabbed some sanitating wipes, and wiped down the patient chair. Tossing the wipes in the trash, Rhys scanned the room for all of his equipment. He really needed to put all his stuff in the same place. Rhys scavenged through his drawers found his otoscope first, then his blood pressure meter, and then finally his stethoscope. Rhys wrapped the stethoscope gently around his neck, placed the other equipment down on his small desk, and looked around for anything else out of place before he let his patients in. Not spotting anything else, Rhys returned to the main waiting room where his new patients awaited.

Mood: Focusing

Tags: Archdemon Archdemon Nona Nona Lumina Lumina
code by apolla apolla

Spring Season | Locations: Sunshine Farm and the center of town

Inside his spacious barn, Orin is up early to tend to his animals. They have all greeted him in excitement, both happy to see him and eager to go outside. Orin stretches his arms above his head, then walks around the entire barn to check if the animals have hay in their food bins. He prefers to have them outside to graze upon the fresh grass mostly, but also likes having hay available for them. After walking the entire barn, each animal still has food in their designated bins, and will probably not need anymore until tomorrow. Orin stops to pet each of his animals, talking in a soft tone to each of them. When he reaches his dairy cows, he smiles when he notices the calves are eating properly. Brody gives a delighted moo, and Orin can't help but give him a gentle pat on the head. After both calves had eaten, Orin begins directing each of his animals outside. He begins with Milo the goat, who trots happily aside Orin through the open barn doors. Then Lloyd the sheep is brought outside, followed by Zarina the horse. Orin decides to give his dairy cows a little break, and inspects the pasture as the sun begins to reveal itself over the mountains. As he looks towards the mountains, the sunlight glistens off of his eyelashes. He enters the barn again to bring out the dairy cows and their calves, followed by Brody the bull.

Orin makes his way to the upper-left corner of his land where seasonal crops are planted in the field. Next to this field is an area of trees separated by a sturdy fence that encloses most of Orin's land. It rained last night, and most of the soil was still damp. However, Orin usually waters them twice a day, in the morning and in the evening after milking his cows. The farmer looks over to the other side of the field to admire the apple tree that is now flowering. He planted it about a year ago, and is pleased with the results so far. The tree should be ready for harvesting come fall. Orin holds back a sneeze at the scent of the flowers upon the tree branches, making his way towards his home. Still in his sleepwear and a pair of boots, he decides he should wash up before heading into town. He knows the flower festival is coming up, which he isn't too thrilled about, but is curious as to how the other residents in town are preparing.

Now inside his home, Orin scans the somewhat plain livingroom that is connected to a small kitchen. He isn't the best at decorating, but the livingroom features a couch, coffee table, a bookshelf, and a few lamps. Entering his bedroom, he changes into a black t-shirt, a pair of dark denim jeans, and some black boots. On his dresser is a dark blue box, and from it he pulls out a silver chain to put on. Orin enters his restroom to wash his face and style his hair, then makes his way for the center of town. When he arrives, he takes a seat at a bench, and figures it must be around 8 am.​

Last edited:

• Amelia Krauss •

18D26D8D-9169-4C8A-88F4-9CA24C8D5B14.jpeg

As Rhys had began to call out his to-do list Amelia had stepped back just enough to grab her own little note book and pen from her hung jacket and jot down her tasks as he called them. When he had apologized for the amount of paperwork she smiled and shook her head “It’s fine. I’d much rather be busy” she answered with a nod. She was about to let him know that she didn’t have any questions but before she could answer the door had opened once more this time two unfamiliar faces stepping in. She looked from the man to the little girl then back again with a curious expression. Her head slightly tilted as Rhys answered the man before she could. Presumably the new residents she supposed, she kept her head down a lot so she wasn’t surprised that she hadn’t meet them yet. In fact she was sure the only reason she knew everyone else so far was work and perhaps in terms of Wisteria and Orin, she knew them through Samuel.

Once given the instruction to check the two in from Rhys she smiled and nodded her head. “Of course” she answered before popping her small notebook onto the front desk as Rhys had left. Her gaze immediately turned back to the two new faces, she offered a polite smile “I’m Amelia, I’m the clinics nurse. It’s nice to meet you~” she said before pulling out a much larger book from the desk drawer, placing it on the desk with an audible ‘thud’ “Let’s get you two registered and checked in...” she said quietly as she pushed her glasses back up as they had begun sliding down her face. She pulls out two forms from the back cover of the book. Passing them across the desk she was standing behind along with a pen “Nothing major, just name, age, pre-existing illnesses. That kind of thing.” She assured. She fiddled her own pen in her hands as she waited for the man to fill in the short forms “How’s your first two days been?” She asked with another polite smile. She would try her best to make small talk, not that she was all that she’d have to remember to not get engrossed in her work so easily.

AmazingAllyCat AmazingAllyCat Archdemon Archdemon

• Samuel Krauss •

0b5ce69a-7073-4144-8051-428214e4e483-jpeg.610009

“Don’t look at me like that. You weren’t sorry when you kicked me in the ribs this morning.” The young man answered as he walked down the worn out path to his Ranch, the words spoken directed not to any human, but towards the pinto pony he was walking alongside down the path while the horse just snorted and shook its head. This was a frequent thing for him to talk with his animals casually. It wasn’t like he expected them to ever answer but when spending most of your day minding and caring for the creatures, it was hard not to pick up the habit of talking to them. He was sure he wasn’t the only one. “And for someone who was throwing a strop this morning you’re pretty clingy” he added as he opened a gate to one of the many grassy fields that surrounded the ranch, giving the horse a pat on the side to lead it in but it instead walked back and pushed its head against his side. “Ah. No girl. I have letters to post, I’m not babysitting.” The horse folded it’s ears back and grunted. After a mini stare down, Samuel just shrugged his shoulders and let a sigh “Fine. But at least behave” he said as he began leading the horse by the reins, continuing to walk into the village.

Passing the clinic he had just caught a glimpse of the two new faces making their way inside, hearing a familiar voice calling good morning to them from the direction of the florists. His gaze moved towards the voice to spot Misty with horse and cart, dropping off her latest batch of fresh flowers to the florists it seemed. With a lax looking smile and a wave, he made his way in her direction, having to go there anyway to get to the post office, down the street. “Getting stuff ready for the flower festival?” He asked once he was close enough, spotting the contents of the cart and having to pull the horse he was leading back with a light scold as she had immediately tried to lunge forward to eat some of the flowers.
Silver Fae Silver Fae mon mon

Last edited:
( Nona Nona )
Misty returns his wave as she begins to unload. I am, just needed to drop off these flowers before I forgot. Would your pretty Pinto like an apple? Pansy loves them. In response to her name, the great mare pulling her cart snaps her head around with a whinny. I know, I know, I'll get your treat in a minute. You've been very compliant this morning and you deserve it, just let me unload these baskets. She props one on her shoulder with an exaggerated florish and another on her hip, smiling at Samuel before stepping over to a small nook between the shops and sliding the baskets in. There...now, about that apple. She bounces over to her cart and grabs an apple from the barrel, cutting it in half before handing the slices over to him. It's easier to eat this way, for the horses, I mean. Suddenly, there is a load snort and Misty glances over to find Pansy sporting a jaded equine expression. Oh hush, I haven't forgotten about you. She cuts another apple and begins feeding it to her mare, grinning all the while.

OgpgDaB.png

tumblr_nfucw3NvZ41r3rdh2o1_500.gif

Spring was definitely Lumina's favorite season. The air always seemed to feel the cleanest and brightest, and everything seemed so colorful. It wasn't too hot like it could be in summer, and it wasn't too cold like it definitely could be in winter. The animals were starting to come back out, and there always seemed to be way more to do with the improvements in the weather. Lumina could barely keep her eyes on the path in front of her as she walked back toward the town. The beautiful colors of the spring trees seemed to capture all of her attention, and she spent most of the walk with her head turned upward to look at them. It was a soothing sight, this mountain path. The warm breeze floated through the trees, making them sway enough to where the flower petals of the trees would be knocked loose. They floated gently around the mountain path before landing lightly on the ground. Lumina like to call this "nature's confetti."

It was things like this that brought out the inner child in Lumina. It didn't take much to do that, in most things, but she couldn't help herself in moments like these. A smile burst out on her face as she opened her arms out to her sides and just ran down the path. It was more fun to experience life in this way, that's how Lumina viewed it. Sure, she might be seen as somewhat childish, but at least she was having a good time. Time was something that she wasn't exactly sure how much she had left, so she had to make the most of each moment. She was the type of girl to live in the moment as well. No use planning for a future she wasn't sure she was going to have. As morbid as the logic behind her thoughts could get sometimes, Lumina didn't view her life as a tragic one. It was just her life to live, and that's all it was.

tumblr_oy8imbLnbg1t8w5z6o1_500.gif

With her now running down the path instead of leisurely walking down it, Lumina reached the mountain path entrance to town far quicker than she normally would have. It didn't really take all that long to get to the mine from town anyways, but Lumina was light and in pretty good shape and could definitely get down that path quicker than most people. She knew that path like the back of her hand, being intimately familiar with all the shortcuts and secrets the path held. Once she had reached town, she slowed down to a stop, taking a moment to catch her breath. Even though it was still pretty early in the morning, it seemed like the town was full of life. She noticed Misty talking to Samuel, who were both feeding their horses apples. Avaline was hard at work tending to her flowers. The clinic was nearby, and it seemed like people were already stopping by for checkups. Guess that meant the doctor was going to have a busy morning. And then there was Orin, sitting on a bench by himself. She had to pass by him to get to her workshop anyways, so she took this as a chance to say hello. "Orin!" Lumina called, giving him a sharp wave and bright smile as she walked in his direction. "It's been a while! How are you and the farm doing??"

Extra Info

Date/Time: Spring 2nd

Weather: Clear

Mood:
Happy

Walking back to her workshop

Objective:
Process the topaz

Interacting with: Nobody/Orin

Avaline Rose
60c972a67e74e94ddf1521de46e5d043.jpg

Hearing the bell hanging outside the glass door chime, Avaline did not have to turn around to know who that might be, this early in the morning. With a grin on her face, she went to greet the blue-eyed brunette, ready to accept the bundle of flowers ordered just a day ago. That was one thing Avaline liked about Wisteria. The girl was quite good at her job and all the flowers she delivered were always arranged in such a way that they complimented nicely. If Avaline didn't know better, she would bet that Misty could make a career out of flower arrangement.

"Do I sign here?" Avaline asked, despite having done this once every week. One could never be too sure... and Avaline had a bad habit of being overly cautious for petty things like this. Scrawling her signature down on the receipt to confirm that her order was received, she took two baskets full of flowers into the shop, coming back out for the third one when she saw Samuel on his horse.

"Good morning, Sam," she greeted, just as she had with Misty, though unlike with Wisteria, Avaline had to crane her neck up to meet eye with Samuel. Horses really do give people such a height boost. If Avaline was any bolder, she would've liked to learn how to ride. For now, she was content just being able to pat their noses and stroke their manes. Seeing them in their quiet, docile nature gave her a comforting sort of peace which she appreciated.

"Yes. Nanna has been reminding me of it all month," Avaline said in reply, her lips turning into a wry smile as her free hand rubbed the back of her neck. "I wasn't sure if we have enough flowers for it... but luckily, we have Misty as a solid back-up," the teal-head explained, gesturing to the cart of flowers with a tilt of her head. Her eyes flitted back to the brunette, "I don't know what I'd do without your help."

Avaline watched with curious amusement as Wisteria went to feed the horses cuts of apples. Walking over to Pansy, Avaline gently patted the mare's neck, watching her feed on the apple slice.

interactions: misty Silver Fae Silver Fae samuel Nona Nona | location: outside the flower shop

Misty laughs. I'm glad to help, I wouldn't have it any other way. Pansy nudges Avaline in a friendly manner, a greeting of sorts. You're quite good with horses, all of mine seem to like you. Would you like a ride sometime? I teach lessons. ( mon mon )

Last edited:
Doctor Rhys W. Wright
As Rhys finished prepping, he returned to find that Amelia was still checking the two patients in. He leaned against the wall and crossed his arms, intially not wanting to interrupt the check in. But, after a moment, he decided to pitch in. "The first few days of a new move are rough. Hope you're settled in well."

Rhys was reminded of his first days in Kore. He had periodically visited in order to look at and buy the clinic, but he hadn't quite familiarised himself with the village. It was a struggle to get things set up. He had to figure out how he wanted the clinic and keep the masquerade of professionalism to his new neighbors, which at the time, he was nowhere near being a professional. And it was especially hard being away from his family, the people he looked up to the most. But, he did it, and now he's making it as a full-fledged doctor. Now, Rhys realized, it's important that he help new people make that rough initial transition as smooth as possible, which was a duty he didn't have as a doctor in the city. But, taking on a new duty doesn't matter too much. It's just another way to help, after all.

Mood: Focusing

Tags: Archdemon Archdemon Nona Nona
code by apolla apolla

The Bread and Butter was just starting to glisten as the early golden rays touched the royal blue paint, the morning dew coated the lawn and various plant life that was starting to shake off the winter sleep. The nip of early spring air may have caught the other early risers in Kore but inside the bakery there was a pleasant toasty degree thanks to a pair of ovens that have been working for over an hour now. There is no sleeping in for a baker, at least not one who is unable or unwilling to hire out, Maxwell was a bit of each so everyday he was awake when nearly all else slept. Everyday starts with breakfast which might be a bowl of oatmeal with fruit, a quick fried egg and toast or only a cup of tea. This was his quiet time to shake off the sleeping dust and plan out what he felt like baking along with any special orders.

The kitchens he worked before were all a galley of steel, dough, and people in an organized madness to cater to dozens, even hundreds more customers than what Max’s little shop provides. The Bread and Butter was just a paltry two stove operation inside a home with a renovated kitchen, one that ate away space from the living room to accommodate. If the earlier jobs were a roaring waterfall, this operation was a gentle river. However both still had that same enticing aroma that bakeries are so well known for. At times almost excessively sweet, other times a yeasty warmth, and often times it is both. Every morning around when the town really begins to awaken that is when that scent lingers out of Maxwell’s home and today was no exception.

Currently Maxwell was cleaning out one of his larger mixing bowls, having to use a hose since there was no hope of it ever fitting in a sink. Scrub, wash then dump into the sink followed by thoroughly flushing with hot water to prevent future clogs should there be a bit too much dough chunks. There was always something to do while the ovens were busy, last time it was dough prep and next time will be mixing together a batch of cinnamon bread. It would still be a couple of hours before he begins to bake sweets but currently he had four, soon to be six, racks of bread in various stages of cooling. Baguette, white loaf and soon there will be rye ready for sale.

Zoey

1fc78e02afb7232db80f2c4b93c56fac.jpg

Location: Outside the Inn / Mentions: N/A / Interactions: N/A

Zoey could feel herself falling asleep as she leaned against the front desk of the Inn. She shook her head, trying to keep herself awake. She hated getting up early, but knew that she couldn’t always sleep in when there was a chance of new people coming to the Inn.

She glanced at the front door, wondering if fresh air outside was what she needed to keep herself awake. She disappeared into the back to grab a bucket of water and a cloth, deciding she would wash the outside windows. Maybe keeping herself busy and the fresh air was what she needed.

Zoey headed outside, taking a look around at all the other people outside, going about their days. She waved at who she could, before making her way to the front windows. Putting the bucket down on the ground, she dipped the cloth inside, ringing it out before putting the cloth to the window.

Spring 6th | Flower festival

Spring 6th

Spring 6th | 9am | Sunny | Flower Festival

As the sun rose higher in the sky, the crisp spring Morning air was rapidly heating up and with that many of the different kinds of wildflowers Violet meadows was well known for were opening to catch some of the sunshine the clear morning had to offer. The usually quiet town of Kore was also beginning to become lively as a few seasonal stalls were starting to open setting up all their themed souvenirs, foods and floral arraignments getting ready for Kore’s first festival of the year, the flower festival.

The square in the middle of the town full of stalls, games, some flower arranging competitions but still more than enough room for one of the main attractions of the festival. The flower dance, held every year for the harvest gods to celebrate new life and in hope of having a fruitful year for plant life, crops and to just have a good time by grabbing a partner and dancing until one’s heart is content. With most stall set, the stage ready for the performing band and the very last of the springtime decorations going up around the square. Residents and tourists that weren’t already present and helping out were beginning to arrive...

Last edited:

• Amelia Krauss •

72E44E96-3456-41FD-B61F-DFEBAA3E10CA.jpeg
Among those already at the square since earlier in the morning was Amelia, the young nurse never one to be late for things anyways but ending up arriving early along with Samuel who had helped out with putting up a lot of decorations for the festival and carrying some of the boxes for the stalls. With the clinic closed today for the festival and not feeling right standing around and twiddling her thumbs she too had been gathering up decorations, pinning up all kinds of ribbons and flags.

She had finished just in time for those arriving and with her hands on her hips she exhaled softly as she looked around, admiring the transformation the square had gone under now that it was done. She almost didn’t come to what would be her first flower festival. Not being the kind for gatherings, but her older cousin had dragged her along, telling her a day off would be good for her. She began to look at the stalls surrounding the square that were now finally opening. It was definitely an impressive sight to see, she guessed she was glad he convinced her to come along so far.

(Amelia is open for interaction)

Last edited:

• Samuel Krauss •

6B27BE12-A3EB-4F1A-94EA-5636DBE9A374.jpeg
After making sure all his animals were fed for the day, Samuel had headed to the square earlier than usual, pulling a skeptical Amelia with him. He had tried many times to convince her to put down whatever she’d be working on to take part in festivities but this was the first time she had actually agreed, he assumed because of the flowers, she had a soft spot for those and this was the first spring she was here. He guessed he was proud he managed to convince her. As laid back as he seemed, Samuel always took great interest in festivals and celebrations because if course he’d back a day where people have fun and relax, so he had always helped set up every year he had been in Kore. While Amelia had just finished helping with the decorations, Samuel was busy caring some boxes for the last of the stalls opening...

(Samuel is open for interaction)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back