• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings [OLD THREAD] Violet Meadows (Harvest Moon inspired RP)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Magic Loving Librarian
Thomas Pasquerella

com_thomas_Transparent.png

"Well, I do possess a sweet tooth that feels neglected as of this morning," Thomas began his answer to Cora's last question "and given the weather today, I feel a nice hand made sandwich with honeyed ham would be nice. Perhaps with some warm apple pie, and if I'm feeling daring, a smoothie." Finishing off the rattling off of his thoughts, Thomas smiled and gave a nod. Only after that did he actually pick up his menu. In would be a lie to say he didn't know the menu, but he always checked just in case there was a change. But that was a safety of a small town like Kore, not much changed, and it only changed over time. Like time drove away old teachers and made way for new ones like his friend. "Well, I'll be open for my regular hours today. Either tomorrow or the next day I may have company, nothing major, just family."

Placing the menu in his hands down on the edge of the table, Thomas stared off into space dispite his friend across from him, the gears turning in his head as he thought over some research he had done as of late. It could have been ten seconds of silence, or an awkward minute or two before Thomas chuckled to himself. "It's almost like magic, your hobby. The piano. If we showed it to people a thousand years ago they wouldn't know how it worked, as so it would be magic to them. And with your skill in it you claim free drinks. not so much by working, but doing something you like. If I could bottle that idea, write down the process, the pure how of exchanging sound for liquid, perhaps I could get a step closer to the truth I seek." Coming back to reality Thomas offer a fake cough and an apologetic smile.

"Sorry about that, I got lost in the moment. What do you want? Actually, don't worry, just get whatever you want." Rubbing the back of his head, Thomas waved a waiter over.

• More Info •

Mood:
Talkative

Ordering and chatting

Interacting with:
Cora

Tags:

queanbean queanbean

• Character Sheet •

2.png

tumblr_pey6xwkbwV1rvbl4vo1_540.png

Moving definitely wasn't something easy to do. Especially since it was compiled of both her and her brothers belongings. The boxes were a little on the heavier side, but they weren't all that bad. Anything that was too much for her to carry was immediately handed off to Isaiah, something that she was grateful for. They had moved in a couple days ago and had the basic furniture in their house like the beds, tables, couch, and what not, but they were all relatively barren of stuff. Both Asuka's and Isaiah's room were pretty empty aside from their respective beds, shelves (with zero items on them), dressers and blank white walls. She had about three outfits in her closet, while the rest of them had been sitting in the trunk of both her and her brothers car in tons of boxes. Most of the boxes in her brother's car were hers anyways, since Asuka had decided to pack everything she needed and then some. It was fine though, she'd eventually unpack everything in due time. At least, she hoped she did.

"You coming to get your stuff or what? We have to get this done today." Isaiah had called as he walked past the entrance to her room. Asuka was just scrolling through her phone in the comfort of her room, laying on her black and white bedspread. A frown had settled its way on to her face, pushing herself up from the bed and trudging along after her brother. "I was waiting for you! It's not like I have the keys to your car or anything. What am I suppose to do, break the window? I figured when you went to get yourself anyways, I'd just follow." Asuka shrugged, grabbing her keys off of the kitchen counter top and walking outside. Her logic was clearly flawed, she had her own stuff in her car to get too and not just the various items that resided in his car. She was just a little too lazy to get her stuff, even if she really did need to unpack. As much as she hated to admit it, she had planned to leave her stuff in his car until he bugged her to take it out. Asuka just had so much stuff and knew how long it was going to take, she wasn't looking forward to it at all.

Isaiah didn't even bother responding, simply shaking his head and grabbing two boxes to bring into the house. It was weird, being back in Violet Meadows. He hadn't ever really expected to come back, not because he hated the place, but because he never really had a reason to come back. He doubted the people he knew back when he was a kid still lived here, but you could never be too sure. Isaiah would be a little surprised if he did run into someone he knew back then. "Can I... get a little help here?" He was interrupted from his thoughts by Asuka, who was trying to juggle four boxes in her outstretched arms as she hobbled into the house and it was going horribly. They wobbled too and fro the further she walked into the house, looking like they were going to fall at any given second. Isaiah set his own boxes on the kitchen table before striding over to his sister, taking three of the four boxes and bringing them into her room. "I know you want to get this done as quickly as possible, but can you not try to injure yourself in the process? We do still have to work tomorrow." He scolded, setting them down on her floor.
"I'll be careful next time, I promise!" He wasn't entirely sure he could trust her promise, so Isaiah decided to help her with the rest of her boxes.

Hours had passed as they finally took everything out of the boxes and put everything away. They started earlier that morning and didn't seem finish until the after noon, with empty cardboard boxes lying around their house. Their rooms were finally put together and didn't look as bare as it had before, though there walls were still a plain white color. Neither of them were sure they wanted to paint their respective walls, but they'd decided on that later. Isaiah was laying down on his bed, trying to catch a little shut eye since he had been unpacking everything since this early morning. Asuka being the way she is, had different plans though because in she came, barging into his room. She plopped herself down to be at his level and leaned her arms on the side of his bed, a wide grin on her face.
"Can I help you?" Isaiah asked, opening one eye and turning his head slightly to look at her. She was practically bouncing with excitement, her head swaying from side to side. "We should get out, look around a bit." He sighed and shook his head, there was no way he was going to leave the comfort of his bed just to go out. They'd have all of tomorrow to do that anyways. "You can, but I'll stay here." That definitely wouldn't do, he could already tell by the way her small fists shook the bed as she pounded on it.

"You have to come! Please Izzy, I hate going places alone. You know that." Asuka pouted, trying to give her best puppy dog look to her brother. It was a look that got her brother to do most things for her when she was younger and it worked like a charm, so who's to say it still couldn't work at 23. Especially if she called him Izzy. That combined with her killer puppy face was deadly and something very few could say no to. He simply took one look at her and groaned, pushing himself up from his bed. He had such a weak spot for her that it was hard to say no sometimes. "Fine, we'll go look around. Happy now?" From the way her head nodded up and down like a bobble-head, he took that as a yes. Getting dressed and putting their shoes on, the two siblings set out to walk around Violet Meadows.

Extra Info

Date/Time: Spring 9 / 1pm

Weather: Sunny

Mood:
Happy

Walking around Violet Meadows

Objective:
Explore

Interacting with: None (Open)
Tags: None

Oliver Taurez

"Wait! This is your house!? I didn't know. I'm sorry, señor. With so many places i've been working in, i forget some places like your Bakery. I'm sorry if i sounded so dumb. I promise to not forget your house! How do you bake so good? I wanna know!"

Oliver's range of vocal tones went from surprised to gloomy and gleeful again. With both hands free from the weights of his hard earned reward. Oliver is able to express himself more freely with arm movements and head gestures. His fluffy chef's hat bounced along with his wide spread expressions from his arms towards Max. Just the kind of behavior expected from Oliver. He can notice that Max is quite glad of his presence as much as he misses seeing his new mentor soon. Oliver was just the kind of kid who can learn effectively when he puts his heart and mind to it. Culinary is one of his passion hobbies soon to be job. He is the next in line for future culinary. His day starts here.

"Oh No, thank you! I already ate lunch with Grandmama before i went here. She's back home resting from a cold she got yesterday, she's okay now. Grandmami is super strong like you! She eats healthy that's why she is strong!"

The boy declined humbly as he flexes his non-existent muscles. The boy looks rather underweight and fed but he shows no struggles of physical disadvantages whatsoever. The boy was earger to start his training.

screaming armadillo screaming armadillo

"Grandma, can I please be ungrounded now?" Caroline asked from the kitchen, while she finished the rest of the dishes, "I swear I'll never bring 13 skunks in the house again." She had been grounded for a week now, just for accidentally leading a few skunks in the house in the middle of the night. She even had to miss the Flower Festival while her grandma could go, which was completely unfair in her opinion.

"Yes, you can be ungrounded, but if you do something like this again...Well, just know you won't be getting off so easy," replied her grandmother.

"Thank you!" Caroline ran into her room, grabbed Mouse, and was out the door. "Getting off so easy? Pffft.. That wasn't easy at all.." She said to Mouse as she made her way to the lake. "It was like social isolation. I know nothing now. Everyone has moved on without me." She ranted to her rat like this the whole way there.
Mouse

2rJigBo.jpg
Steve FreelingThe past year had not been easy for Steve at all. That whole situation was freaky. I can't believe Charlotte, the woman I thought was my wife, who said she loved me, broke a plate across my head and kept speaking curses over me and Nausicaä. Charlotte Hansen, the young woman Steve had married was currently serving prison time for domestic violence. She had often cursed Steve and a great many obscenities had rolled off of her lips. She was always angry. Steve had always remained calm throughout these confrontations despite the fact that they worsened as the marriage wore on. When he had started responding during the final months, as he hadn't before, previously seeing no reason to, his typical response was simply a calm, "Stop cursing, Charlotte. Stop cursing. Stop cursing around Nausicaä." In the end, Steve had dissolved the marriage through annulment, deciding that his daughter's safety came first. Well, at least it's in the past now. It's gonna take a lot more than that to get the best of me. At least Nausicaä's in a clean and safe environment. The ordeal hadn't been easy for the young man, but he had learned from it. I won't make that mistake again, but I'm kind of glad it happened. I'm the father of the most beautiful baby girl in the whole wide world because of it. The tall and slender teen was currently examining himself in the mirror. I guess I'd better enjoy my last few days of being a teenager, huh? He briefly smirked. His blue eyes weren't bloodshot despite everything he'd gone through. Staying calm always helps. His short brown hair, tinted with a little red, was in decent shape loosed about his head. He wore a simple green T-shirt, a pair of blue jeans, and a pair of white sneakers. Looking good.
"Today's gonna be a good day." He smiled at the red-haired, green-eyed baby girl cradled in his arms. "Wouldn't you agree, Nausicaä?"
Being only three months old, Nausicaä merely cooed in response.
"Well, that sounds like a 'yes' to me." I think I'll go explore the town. I want to refamiliarize myself with everything and it'll be useful to know if anything changed while I was gone. He was going down the hallway and towards the front door when he heard a voice.
"Steve? Where are ya goin'?" It was his twin sister, Sarah.
"Oh, just to explore Kore. I want to refamiliarize myself with everything, see if anything's changed."
He saw a mischievous grin spread across his sister's face. "Not with that."
"Huh?" Where is this even going?
"Gimme yer left hand."
"...Okay?" No sooner had he extended his left hand than Sarah's thumb and index finger suddenly wrapped around his ring finger and pulled his wedding band off in a single fluid motion.
"You won't be needing that, bro."
"I guess not. It's not like we're together anymore. I guess I just never thought about taking it off since, well, you know. Well, I'm gonna be heading out now. See ya later, sis." They'd already discussed what had happened. Sarah already knew the full story. With that, Steve began his trek through the streets of Kore, daughter in tow. Along the way, he passed by his old school.
"This is where your dad went to school. You're probably gonna be going there yourself when you're old enough." It was like this for much of the time, with Steve familiarizing his very young daughter with places from his youth. After a while, he saw a familiar face belonging to someone he considered he'd known pretty well, someone he genuinely considered a friend. Isn't that...? I was sure she'd moved away.
"Asuka? So you came back home to Kore, too, huh?" He greeted the woman with a warm smile.
WeirdPrincess WeirdPrincess

Suka.png

tumblr_n9wk7qF9zO1qdmaddo3_500.gif

She had been ditched and she wasn't exactly happy about it. Isaiah had said he would stay with her while they explored the village he was god knows where now. He was going to get an earful whenever she found him, but for now she was just going to enjoy herself. Walking around Violet Meadows, she realized there wasn't much different about it. Aside from a few new people she had ran into, everything else seemed to stay the same. It was rather pleasant, if she did say so herself. She was glad nothing was drastically different about the place she was born in. Even the bakery that her father would take her too was still there, standing in all its bright and warm glory. Thinking about it brought back memories of taking numerous trips to the bakery to get bread and satisfy Asuka's sweet tooth. She would always leave with a cookie, cupcake, or some kind of desert in her hand whenever she came to visit. It happened so often that her mother would eventually scold her father for buying her sweets before dinner or lunch. He'd always find a way to sneak some to her after the fact, somehow without her mother knowing.

It was a fond memory she held close to her, any memory including her father was buried into a special section of her brain. Asuka contemplated for a moment if she should head into the bakery just to grab herself something and after much thought, headed indoors to grab a sweet savory treat. She emerged soon after with a simple vanilla cupcake in hand. Seems they didn't have any chocolate ones yet, so she would come back later to grab one. Asuka found herself sitting on a bench not to far away from the quaint bakery and peeled off the wrapper, tossing it into a nearby trashcan. She was halfway through the cupcake when she heard someone call her name, her eyes darting up and a surprised expression crossing her face. Was that Steve? She hadn't seen him in ages, what with her moving away and all. Asuka remembered she use to play with him when they were younger, even if she was four years older than he was, he was usually fun to hang around.

A smile graced her face as she lifted a free hand to wave at him, "Hey Steve! Long time no see." Her eyes darted to the baby in his arms and almost cooed at the sight. She was a real cutie, most definitely. Though she was surprised that he did have a kid already, that was something she hadn't been expecting. "I just moved back a couple days ago. I wanted to continue the business my family had here, so I guess I was bound to come back. My brother is here too, but I don't know where he is." Asuka laughed lightly before finishing off her cupcake. "How have you been? I'm assuming good, since you have a daughter. She's super cute, by the way."

Extra Info

Mood:
Content

Talking to Steve

Objective:
Catch up

Interacting with: Steve

Last edited:
468b95cdb208c853b42488d6c0f7a60f.jpg

“Relax Ollie.” The baker casually drawled in a manner meant to dismiss any troubles. An unnecessary act as the ever cheerful Oliver had quickly ditched the gloom and moved on to more important things. So, Max did as well. Turning his attention to Oliver’s final question, the baker considers an answer far more than necessary before eventually replying simply, “Because I want to?” His tilted head and an expression of minor befuddlement kept the response from being incredibly arrogant. With a shrug that looked a little strange since he was carrying two loaded buckets he continued, “Anybody can bake really and there isn’t anything that would stop somebody from being good at it besides desire. All it actually takes is practice and experience with other people pointing out your mistakes. But I can certainly teach you.”

Perhaps he was making light of the profession and himself but Max had yet to meet anybody that proved him wrong. That was a prospect that certainly amused Max, as long as he didn’t get stuck on the receiving end at least. But he was sure his new apprentice was a promising lad full of passion for making others happy. The only doubt that the baker carried was in his own teaching ability.

“Hmm. I don’t think I’m nearly as strong as Mama Taurez. But I’m happy to hear that she’s getting better quickly.” Everything Max said was true and sincere, having never been one afraid of showing admiration for Mother Taurez, or any other deserving person for that matter.

However the baker wasn’t totally content only hearing that Mother Taurez was recovering well. Needless to say he was going to check on the elder Taurez even though Max was well aware how she was tougher than steel. As for the younger Taurez, he too was a source of worry for Max. The boy’s thin frame isn’t easy to miss after all. Obviously Max never intends to bring that up but he was already making a mental checklist. Maybe he can get a few birds with one stone.

“I think we can start with something simple. Mind getting the door for me Ollie?”

Interaction- Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

samtitle-01-01-png.664424

samfullcolour-jpg.664416

As Emily left to get the others Samuel offered a small wave and his usual lazy looking smile. "See you later, Emily" he called after her as she left before looking back to Lumina as she began to explain her thoughts on her birthday. While he was definitely the kind of person to throw a heck of a birthday if he thought it was the last, he guessed he could somewhat understand Lumina's feeling to do the opposite. So he nodded in response.

Being told he wasn't crummy for showing up empty handed pulled a smile from the farmer, shaking his head gently when she said the fact he was stopping to see her in the first place was kind "I couldn't not check in on you after getting you here after all, I check in a few times but Amelia let me know this morning you were awake." he answered, his eyes drifting to the seat as he was invited to sit next to her. He was kind of glad he was getting the chance to speak with her after what had happened so with a wordless nod he then took his hands from his pockets and took a seat on the chair next to her.

Mentioning not passing out had made him notice that she already didn't seem as bright as she did moments ago, no doubt already tired out from them morning regardless of mood, which made perfect sense. He didn't comment on it though, he doubted she'd appreciate it, but at least she was in better than when she was first brought in that was for sure."Well for the record, I did have good fun with you at the flower dance, it's just a shame that it was cut short." he paused for a moment as her gaze fixed to her briefly, realising how that could have sounded to her now that he had blurted it out that way. Of course he didn't want her feeling bad about what happened, she shouldn't at all and he hoped she didn't "But hey, that just means that I might owe you a dance next year if you'll let me" he half joked with another smile, hoping to make sure she didn't take his words before that the wrong way.

• More Info •

Oliver Taurez

" you mean. I can be as good as you? wow!"

If there is one thing Max is good at doing is turning the tides of emotions. A true example has been displayed as Oliver's mood changes back to his former jolly self within seconds. Having the innate skill to talk to children easily comes in handy. Oliver looked up to Max once more. Before him is a man who is a grand master of his craft or at least to the eyes of a youth. The lad's enthusiam got him to jump up and down. His first step to mentor ship is of course, assist his own master.

"Oh!, i'm sorry! I'll get you to the door since you have my stuff!"

Without a second doubt. The boy is instructed to lend an extra hand. Guided to the door. Max's apperentice opens the designated door.

2rJigBo.jpg
Steve FreelingI guess I was right, then. He was glad to see a friendly face after everything that had happened. He had always reflected fondly upon his times with Asuka. I still wish I could've been there for her more. That couldn't have been easy. Even now, I don't know what I'd do if we lost Mom or Dad. He listened as she told him of her arrival in town and giggled a bit at the part about not knowing where Isaiah was. That sounds like him, alright, ever since we were kids. Before long, she asked how he was doing. Now, there's a story. She also said Nausicaä was cute. Isn't she, though? He replied with a smile.
"I just moved back a couple of days ago myself. I'm doing fine; thank you for asking. And I know, right? Isn't she just the cutest? Her name's Nausicaä." His smile became somewhat sad, however. "I'm afraid her mom and I aren't together anymore, though." He sighed. "We were actually married for a year when I left Kore when I was 18 to live in a distant town in the mountains. She was very beautiful and she said she loved me but... I wish I could say we had a beautiful time together but it turned out it wasn't what I thought it was. It wasn't a very good environment to raise a child in. Before long, she became abusive. Every obscenity you can think of, she said it. I asked her repeatedly to stop cursing around Nausicaä, but she wouldn't stop no matter what. She got to a point where once, after Nausicaä was born, she broke a plate across my head while I was sitting at the table and I just couldn't believe it. After that happened, I knew it was time to go. I didn't know it yet, but a neighbor had seen everything and called the authorities. They arrested her and she's in prison now. In the end, I had to dissolve the marriage. It was her idea to have the marriage annulled as opposed to a traditional divorce, so I guess she never really felt anything for me to begin with. It wasn't that difficult since I had evidence that she'd lied about her feelings for me and she callously said as much. She only wanted me for my money. I also got a restraining order that says she can't be within 100 feet of me or my family. I knew it would only get worse from there and I couldn't put my daughter in that kind of situation. So I came back home and my room was still there, no different from when I left. So everything turned out A-okay." A grin spread across his face at the last sentence. Anyone who knew Steve knew he wasn't one to badmouth people or spread rumors, so if he said someone did or said something, there was a 99.9% chance it was true and that meant that if he detailed something like this, it was probably serious business. After a few seconds, he realized what he'd said. He clasped a hand over his mouth as his cheeks flushed red. Oh my God! He giggled a bit nervously.
"I just unloaded everything, didn't I?"
WeirdPrincess WeirdPrincess

Last edited:

evetitle-01-png.687237

20200107_102203-jpg.676452

"Water is fine" Eve answered with a gentle shrug as she took a step back. Don't worry, I didn't think you were prying. I did study music and theatre with a job in mind but came home from the city to help my dad instead." she answered with a small smile, quietly tucking the subject to one side. "Shortening it as best I can would be...hmm... that we have a Goddess that watches over the whole of violet meadows, y'know, keeps us safe, helps our plants and animals...Things like that. We use our festivals to thank her and pay tibute, I'm sure you noticed how involved we all get in them. they've changed a lot over the years but at the core they have the same meaning as always..." she paused in thought "I don't think I can explain much more unless we want to keep this lunch way longer than...well. Lunch." She laughed softly "I can't keep the town hall locked up for that long"

Eve just raised an eyebrow gently at his answer about himself. It defiently sounded as if there was way more to it than he was currently letting on but, she was a stranger after all, she didn't exactly think it was her place to ask or point it out, especially when he didn't ask further into her answers earlier. She instead just answered about digging in with a nod before trying some of the food given to her. "Wow, this is really good!" she blurted after finishing her bite of food "Those cooking lessons really paid off for you." she joked with a light smile.
• More Info •

Mood:
Fine

Objective:
Have Lunch

Interacting with:
Ren

Tags:
@Archdemon

• Character Sheet •

cleo-png.696278

cleoside.jpg

The large white dog wagged his tail that little bit faster with a panting tongue as the man greeted him now. The girl that was approaching him and the fluffy creature that was demanding his attention politely nodded "He is. Bork like's to check if new people have snacks or pets for him so he won't bite you." she answered in her usual soft tone with a small tilt of her head as she readjusted the bag she had been searching through before Bork had sprinted towards the man, luckily she had remembered her sketch book after all so she could head off to the meadows after this.

She blinked when he introduced himself and asked for her name. Her mother was never fond of her talking with those she didn't know but she was sure this person was fine, Cleo's judge of character was a lot better than Evelyn's had been as a kid after all. "Cleo" she answered confidently after a moment before letting the man continue to talk, he seemed like a fun person, probably why Bork seemed to like him.

Upon mentioning the guild, Cleo's eyes briefly darted in the direction of the guild building before looking back at Nemo "We do have one here." she answered with a small nod "I don't know if the leader is there right now though" she added after. After this morning's ...event at the school, she wasn't sure where the rest of the students went. The guild leader included. "Dropping by the town hall for information would probably be best but I think my sister is out on her lunch break so the building is closed for a bit."
• More Info •

Mood:
Content

Objective:
Greet Nemo

Interacting with:
Nemo

Tags:
@Mygodcharles

• Character Sheet •

2107412-1280x800-[DesktopNexus.com].jpg

“Thank you Ollie!” beamed the baker as he entered.

Meticulously clean, warm and inviting would be what most observed after spending time inside the bakery. Not to mention the baked goods that seemed purposefully covering nearly every available space of course. An actual necessity given the limited space but a rather devious selling strategy from the unassuming baker. Combined with the divine aroma that only gets stronger when one enters the building and you find out that Max doesn’t mind playing unfair. Not that he would ever admit to such underhanded tactics, but it does speak volumes that he never answers any such questions without a sly smile.

However this is not the time for that. There were no customers at the time so Max could devote his full attention to his first day of mentorship, although he wasn’t really sure what would make a good lesson. Now that he thought about it, he didn’t even know how well Oliver knew his way around the kitchen. Surely the trusty pan and knife not to mention his clothes were not just for show. Lifting the bar flap open the baker left one of Oliver’s bucket of supplies behind, his intent to place the milk and eggs in one of his own fridges while they worked.

Then he remembered just what was awaiting them in the kitchen and comes to a sudden halt.

With a mostly concealed sheepishness Max asks, “Want to start with cupcakes? I already made the batter but the frosting still needs to be made. Maybe we can start with the fun and easy part of baking first.”

There’s a reason for Max being a little abashed. Not a very good one for normal people but a reason nonetheless. Just minutes before Oliver’s own arrival there had been a customer who had a simple order. The only problem? Somehow there were not any chocolate cupcakes. A fact that left the baker a little embarrassed to have something so everyday not available, especially when he considered the village sweet tooths that make very regular visits. As soon as the redhead was gone he was at work making up for that little faux pas. An easy fix!

At least it should have been, but then a teeny tiny issue popped up. Nothing too major. Just that in his scrambled state Max may have gone a little overboard and mixed enough batter for two…three…six dozen cupcakes. It just all happened so fast! One minute he was grabbing baking soda, the next he had a dozen eggs being mixed with sugar and vanilla. By the time he came to his senses it was just far too late. So now Max had unfortunately dragged his new apprentice into this mess.

OgpgDaB.png

tumblr_nesjkaesOR1qmqublo1_400.gif

The clinic room felt really quiet, now that almost everyone had left. It was still pretty early afternoon, but there had been so much happening in the last hour or so that it felt like she had been awake all day. It was to be expected though, since this was her first time awake in the last three days. Plus she wasn’t in any position to be leaving anytime soon, so it was really hitting her now just how on point Dr. Rhys’s order was on limiting visitors. She felt pretty energetic around when she first woke up, but it was starting to take its toll on her. That being said, she didn’t want to go back to sleep, because now Sam was here.

She looked over at the curly-haired farmer, really taking a moment to get a look at him. The two hadn’t really interacted much before the festival. They had definitely gotten familiar, but only really in a passive way. They would see each other around the village and in the valley, but they never really spent much time together, even if they had known each other for years. Lumina had lived in the valley since she was three, and she knew that Sam spent a good chunk of time on the farm as well. But that was pretty much it. Not too many instances happened that really pushed them together, except for really the flower festival. He was a lot taller and more muscular than she could have recalled any time before the dance. Though, that did make sense - he did live and work on a farm after all. He was bound to be pretty strong from all his time there. Though, she did recall just how gentle his hold on her was when they were dancing.

Sam was the one that she was dancing with when she passed out. All she remembered when it happened was her vision going blank and falling toward Sam, and then the next thing she knew she had awoken here in this room this morning. If she had to guess what happened, it would be that Sam brought her to the clinic after she fell unconscious to make sure she would be okay. Well, after getting CPR of course. She felt the unfortunately familiar bruising on her chest where compressions had been done to keep her breathing. They were a bright flourish of blacks and blues against the paleness of her skin, though thankfully her dressing gown covered most of it up. She didn’t feel like she had any broken ribs from it, so that was a plus. As she looked at the farmer, a thought popped up in her mind of something she swore she could remember. She wasn’t entirely sure since she was unconscious for the last three days, so it was more of a feeling than anything, but she still felt strangely sure about it. He mentioned checking in on her, so it was a good opportunity to ask.

“You… stayed with me the night of the flower festival, didn’t you?” She asked as she looked at him directly, her expression more calm than anything. She wasn’t sure how she knew this, but trying to think back on if she remembered anything from what happened at the dance, she just got this feeling of someone holding her hand for a good while after she had initially passed out. It could very well have been a dream, but she didn’t think so. And with her guess that Sam had brought her to the clinic after the dance, it was the only conclusion she could come to. And it was one that she was actually quite okay with. Passing out like she did can be terrifying, especially for the person who lost consciousness. She wasn’t one to really let on her worries about her condition, but it didn’t mean that she didn’t have any. Actually, she held a lot of worry about herself and her condition. It was a scary and unknown disease that she has had her whole life, and she had no idea what it would mean for her in the future. It had been a really long while since anything serious like what happened at the flower festival had happened to her. It was kind of shocking and scary, and it raised a lot of questions in her mind about what exactly this incident meant. Was it an indicator of things to come? A one-time fluke? Lumina had no idea, and she felt really alone in that.

kaori-miyazono-gif-5.gif

It was her own fault she felt so lonely about her condition. She didn’t mention it to anybody that didn’t already know. She didn’t think it was anybody’s business to know, and she didn’t want anyone to unnecessarily worry about her. Plus, if people knew about her condition… well, she didn’t want people to view her differently or treat her any differently. Her condition, while an integral part of her life, wasn’t everything about who she was. So Lumina had made the conscious choice to keep that part of her life a secret. But in doing so, she didn’t have anyone to really talk to about how she was feeling about her illness. She kept all of her feelings about it locked up deep inside her heart and mind, where they couldn’t be touched by anyone. Though… did she have the right to hide them from Sam, after everything that happened? He was right there when she passed out, catching her so she didn’t fall to the ground. He was the one that saw it happen right in front of him, and was probably the one that brought her to the room that she’s in now. He probably had more questions about what happened to her than she did about why her condition took the turn it did. It was probably only fair that she at least tell him. Well, either way he was here anyways, come to visit her yet again.

She gave him a small smiile as she asked him if he had stayed with her. “Sorry, I know that’s probably a random question. I just… got this feeling that you did.” Her gaze dropped to her hands for a moment before she continued. “I never really did have a chance to thank you for taking care of me after the Flower Festival, did I?” Lumina looked back over at Sam, making sure to keep eye contact. It wasn’t something she was bad at, but being vulnerable in any regard wasn’t exactly in her wheelhouse of strengths. “I put you in a really tough position, and yet… you stayed to help. You made sure I was okay and got me help. Well, I can only assume you did, considering I’m here and awake now.” A small laugh escaped her lips. “Thank you, Sam. I really mean it.” He had mentioned he did have a good time at the dance and how he owed her another dance, and the thought of getting a chance to redo their dance was a nice thought. “I’m really glad it was you that asked me to dance at the festival. And, if you must know, I would love another chance at our dance. I think I’d like that a lot.”

Extra Info

Date/Time: Spring 9 (Lumina's birthday) / 1pm

Weather: Sunshowers

Mood:
Tired but happy

Talking with Sam

Objective:
Get through the day

Interacting with: Sam
Tags: Nona Nona

Cora || Location: Cafe ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Mood: 🌤‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Interaction: Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne
Cora picked up the menu and looked it over while Thomas listed off his extensive knowledge of what exactly he wanted to eat. She couldn't wait for the day she could really settle in to life around here. Be a regular somewhere! Memorize menus and know exactly when the sun would set and where the best place to view it was. It was the little things that excited her.

"Magic? Mm... I suppose you could think of it like that. Pressing a couple keys becomes sound that becomes happiness, or sadness. Or a free drink." She chuckled. If she was honest, the idea of playing in front of people frightened her a bit. She hadn't been in a piano recital since she was a kid and even dropped taking lessons after a while, just teaching herself things and playing around. It was something she never expected to become an actual skill of hers. Or, at least a skill recognized by others.

She found herself gripping the menu with a distant fondness when she suddenly snapped out of it, awakened by the waiter there to take their orders. "Uh-!" She narrowed her eyes at the list of menu items and decided on the spot. "I'll have this sandwich and, um... strawberry iced tea if you have it." She pointed.

Once the orders had been taken she let out a sigh and leaned her chin back into her palm, looking out the big window at the people about in the warm sunlight. Memories of the morning had already faded for her. She was much too distracted by her plans for the rest of the day. "Hmm... I'll probably come by the library after this to get it out of the way, then go for a walk - it's too nice out to stay inside, and then home for dinner." She thought out loud, tapping her fingers on her cheek. "I wonder if Xander would let me practice before the bar opens."

Last edited:

Suka.png

tumblr_nnotfet84g1rejibwo1_400.gif

"Oh wow..." Throughout the entire conversation, Asuka was rendered speechless. She couldn't even imagine having to go through that and how hard it must have been on him, with a child nonetheless. It was always best to put the child's interest at heart as people would say and she was glad Steve did that. It wouldn't have been a healthy environment for the child to go up in and who knows what kind of complications that could have come up if they had stayed together. She didn't even want to think about it since it definitely wouldn't have been good. Considering his ex-wife had broken a plate, a plate of all things, over his head. Who did that anyways? It was such a weird object to just have on hand at the time and then proceed to smash the thing over someones head. At least he was okay though, considering Asuka didn't see any kind of scars on his face or anything so that was good. And from the looks of things, that baby was okay too.

"All that matters is that you and your daughter are okay now. Glad everything turned out great afterwards." Asuka admitted, a small smile on her face. He did kind of unload everything on her and left her a little dumbfounded but that was okay. Not everyone's lives were all peachy keen and she knew that. Though it was always a little shocking to hear anything that was on the abuse spectrum, since it wasn't everyday you hear something about that. "Ah, you kinda did, but its okay." Asuka laughed it off, rubbing the back of her head.

Extra Info

Mood:
Dumbfounded

Talking to Steve

Objective:
Catch up

Interacting with: Steve

Last edited:

samtitle-01-01-png.664424

samfullcolour-jpg.664416

Her question caught him off guard for a split second, mostly because he assumed that she would have no recollection of the night post dance. But apparently even in her non-responsive state she must have caught snippets of events if she felt he was there to keep her company that night. He assumed she'd known nothing about it.

He blinked once, his mouth opening slightly in an attempt to answer but stopped when Lumina continued to talk, her small smile instead pulling a smile from him in response. "No, no. It's fine." he answered with a gentle shake of his head "You're right. I did stay here. Until your brother arrived in the morning at least. Rhys let me stick around." He answered as he looked to her, his head at a slight tilt as he continued "It's not like I'm family or anything... but I doubt that it would have been a nice feeling to wake up in a dark room by yourself..." He imagined it would have been a pretty scary thing, especially when the last thing you remember before loosing control of your own body and consciousness is being in a crowded square so he felt it was probably the best thing to do. Besides, What kind of company would he have been if he just headed home and never checked in again after such an event? He couldn't imagine reacting in that way.

His eyes fell to his lap for a little bit as she continued to thank him for his actions the night of the dance. Was this praise making him feel a little bit bashful? Perhaps? maybe he just wasn't expecting all those words for his actions. He let a small laugh that seemed to reflect that, said laugh falling nearly in time with Lumina's before his eyes seemed to find his way back to hers again to answer. "Its no problem. Everyone pulled together in their own way and I'm glad I could help make sure you were safe after something so sudden"

Another enthusiastic smile filled his expression when she agreed to have another chance at a dance "Well. I don't think you have the right kind of legs for dancing right now. Rhys might yank me right out of this room by my ear now if I even suggest any movement for the next while. But I'll definitely keep that in mind, I'm glad you agree" he answered in an upbeat tone. He wouldn't be opposed to even spend some time knowing the blacksmith before another festival. He was enjoying getting a chance to speak with her even now. It was a shame that he hadn't taken the time out of his day to do so in the past. Maybe he'd change that.

For now though she was probably tiring out. Even if she wasnt saying it, physically it looked like she was on a crash, but after 3 whole days of being out of it it made perfect sense. He shuffled forwards on the seat a little as if preparing to stand up to leave, despite enjoying having a talk he supposed he should be a bit more realistic and not bother her too much "I should probably leave you alone to rest up now though, instead of talking your ear off after this morning being so eventful" he reasoned as he did so, his tone sounding a tad apologetic.

• More Info •

Mood:
Happy

Objective:
Visit Lumina

Interacting with:
Lumina

Tags:
Lumina Lumina

• Character Sheet •

Oliver Taurez

Max's Baking Sanctuary

The door to his first day of apprenticeship opens and starts here. The first sense that overwhelmed the child was not the mere sight of such a grand place. The heavenly scent of every baked goods in the establishment soothes his appetite to eat and to bake even more. The scent leaked at the door so strong before he even opened the door fully.

"Wow! That smells so nice! Are you baking for the goddess of harvest? Because that is so good!"

The boy had an unexpected joke through the door. Obviously, he has adapted to Max's sly humor. Just another social trait to qualify him to work for Max. The boy chuckled at his own humor before he was captivated and overwhelmed by Max's Overly stacked-bread kitchen. Oliver's jaw dropped and his eyes widened in belief that he had to see Bakery from the inside. This is Kore village's top notch bakery in Violet meadows and Oliver gets to train in an early age. This was one opportunity he will never let down. The boy managed to navigate own his around the kitchen, basically just scaling the place and observing the baked goods.

"Wow! Your kitchen is huge!!!! Woah is that!? The sugar bagels!? Choco Pretzels! That's popular with the locals! Oh my! It's an apple pie by the window! Grandmama always wanted to bake one, herself! Your place is awesome, Señor Max!"

The boy just hopped from one spot to another, basically orienting himself around before he could start improving his skills here. Although, he did not take too long to sight see around for his focus is to get started with Max. The boy returned to his master before him. Oliver's emerald had caught attention to Max.

"Is everything alright, Max? Mister Max?"

The asked in a concerned tone. Tilting his head slightly to his left.

Last edited:

UtmWxZA.png

2rJigBo.jpg

"Well, you always were someone I felt I could tell everything." She seems to be pleased with how I handled it, so that's good. Steve knew this was uncommon so Asuka was handling it pretty well, all things considered. He exhaled. His demeanor and mood notably lifted, as if the weight of the world had moved from his shoulders. Wow. It's a funny thing, isn't it? Even though it's been so long, it feels almost as if no time has passed. We recognized each other right away.

"To be honest, I think you handled hearing something like that pretty well. But, yeah, everything's fine now, we're fine, and I'm just glad she's in a safe environment where she'll be taken care of, looked after and raised properly as a child should. It looks like Sarah's already up to the challenge, too. She can't wait to introduce her new niece to the world of pranking and mischief. Y'know she hasn't changed a bit?" He grinned at that last sentence. Anyone who knew Steve's twin sister knew she was no stranger to mischief. He had a boatload of stories about the pranks she had played, often on teachers who had been a bit too uptight, during their youths. While she had relaxed this behavior somewhat due to adult responsibilities, mischief was still a major part of her psychological makeup. The more things change, the more they stay the same, huh? I guess there is a certain ring of truth to that.

"So did you have any plans for the day? I've got pretty much the whole day to myself to do what I want." At that very moment, his stomach roared like a lion who'd just found out he was no longer the king of the jungle. His face flushed as he briefly looked both ways and even behind him. Did anyone else hear that? He chuckled lightly. "Er... how's lunch sound?"

Extra Info

Date/Time: Spring 9/1 PM

Mood:
Relieved

Talking to Asuka

Objective:
Catch up

Interacting with: Asuka

Last edited:
With Oliver around the bakery was definitely more lively. The young boy was a battery that seemed to never run out of juice. Apparently he also had plenty of admiration for the baked goods scattered about. Max wouldn’t be a very good baker if he didn’t take some secret satisfaction with others liking his work, but he also was almost indecently modest. An odd combination to say the least. So as Oliver offered praise the only way Max could respond was with a soft chuckle.

As for Oliver’s excited exploration, well it certainly alleviated some of the sheepishness from the bombardment of compliments. The baker had to smile at the way the boy was a ball of energy moving through the bakery. Oliver could be a perfect example of what a kid in a candy store means. Max had to correct himself there. Both because this wasn’t a candy store and because Oliver’s default is kid in a candy store. After quick consideration he just assumed that this was Oliver’s always animated, and usually exuberant mood taken to a slightly higher level. It could be he was just imagining that. Max wasn’t even sure it was possible for the young lad to have a higher gear. Nevertheless it was reassuring that Oliver was enthusiastic about the apprenticeship. Having a student that actually wanted to learn would certainly ease some of the worry of being a first time teacher. Not that Max ever believed Oliver to be anything less than genuine of course.

What Max could be sure of is that the days leading up to Appreciation Day were certainly going to be different. It had been a long time since he even worked in a kitchen with another person. Truthfully, he still wasn’t completely finished with the final details for Appreciation Day. Like usual he probably will not have everything sorted out until the night before. Maybe for good measure a couple last second changes just to make sure he doesn’t get bored. Let’s see. There is still the decorations to consider. Color especially even though it was a pretty obvious answer. Red, pink and white will make appearances. Gold will not show up, decision that would have lost him some business in the city. Colored cocoa butter would do the job but maybe the powder will show up. Decisions decisions.

The ideas bouncing around his mind abruptly came to a stop when Oliver questioned the distracted baker, the young lad having astutely taken note of Max’s not so typical behavior. It caught the baker off-guard to find Oliver suddenly beside him and being yanked from his thoughts. His brain still a bit too stuck on chocolate to have entirely picked up on what Oliver said, so Max ended up unintentionally replying on autopilot.

“Huh? Oh yeah sure Ollie. I was just thinking about some stuff.” He stopped for a moment, letting his mind catch up enough to assume he replied sensibly before continuing, “Anyways. Let’s get to work!” However a sudden realization made him pause once again, this time just long enough to remember where he put that missing piece.

A spark of recollection and a snap of fingers, like that Max got started once again. First storing the eggs and milk Oliver had been carrying into the fridge then swinging around toward the end of a counter. From there he brought out a stepstool for Oliver, a necessary bit of preparation for his small apprentice. It wasn’t anything fancy, but it was solid so there shouldn’t be an issue. Plopping it down along the sink the baker could now say for sure.

“Now we can get started.”

Magic Loving Librarian
Thomas Pasquerella

com_thomas_Transparent.png

There were many things which Thomas could've taken from the conversation between Cora and himself. But Cora's concern sent a ripple through Thomas's head. Sure, he related Cora's music to magic, but there was another thing that it connected to: self image. It was a long time since Thomas was overly concerned about such a thing, it was impart to his home environment. He was taught to take pride in his skills, and to try anything he wanted. Maybe it seemed rude, but to Cora's worrying Thomas could only smile. "You know, before she passed, my mother, she told me not to worry whether or not I'm good at something. You shouldn't either. Terrible, bad, mediocre? They're all just steps towards being good, an investment. So you should just go and play your heart out. If you got it, then you got some drinks. If not then you're that much closer to having it." Having ended his ramblings Thomas leaned back in his chair and observed the day through the shop's window.

It was funny, to at least Thomas, how an old friend could bring back old memories that had been stored away like a dusty box in an attic. There was a tree he could just see over in the town square that was shorter when he'd visit in the summers nearly a decade ago. He'd sit under it with a book he'd whisk away from the library which had been his grandparent's business at the time. Usually his mother or sister would find him before he'd get too sun burnt. At that time Thomas only knew Cora in school and never thought he'd be living in Kore. It was also around that time Thomas stopped caring about fashion norms as his mother hand made him his first 'wizard' robe on a whim after hear Thomas say they looked cool. Since then he just sorta wore them not care of other's opinions on it. "But yeah. Come and get the books after we're done here. And if you want to practice, then you better get those books home then head right over to the bar, otherwise if you think on it too long it'll be too late. Besides, as long as you're happy with your choice then what does it matter?" Leaning back forward in his chair, Thomas grinned as he tugged the sleeves of his robe further back as their food reached the table, his eyes practically lighting up as his dessert was placed down with his other food.

• More Info •

Mood:
Talkative

Waiting for food

Interacting with:
Cora

Tags:

queanbean queanbean

• Character Sheet •

• 9DEBDCE1-DFFC-4F09-96AA-537DAC9A67E7.jpeg
    Date: Spring 9th || Lumina's birthday
    Time: ???

Interacting With:
    Eliot ( Lumina Lumina ) Emily ( Pik Pik )
    Mentions:
    Lumina, Hunter
    ~ Outside the clinic ~
    Be Honest || Alessia’s CS File
    She let out a sigh as she came closer to Elliot. She kicked up a few stones as her hair got in her face thanks to the breeze. This is the reason she never let her hair down, so annoying. She pulled a tie out of the pockets of her sundress and loosely tied it back. She left her gift for Lumina inside lest it be dropped.

“I know. I couldn’t imagine if it was Hunter in that bed again.”

She wondered how long it was since the two of them were stuck back outside the clinic, unable to do much more than pray. She wasn’t a particularly religious girl. Hunter, he was. So was his parents if she remembered right. To her though? She didn’t take much stock in something she couldn’t hit. Beasts and creatures and legendary monsters alike always seemed so real. She’d seen enough that would make a person a believer in them. Yet when it came down to praying to the goddess, it just never seemed to help.

What use was a swordswoman against illness? She couldn’t cut it, she couldn’t negotiate it away. What good were they all. She didn’t have an answer she suspected no one would. Yet they all lived on unable to stop even for the ones closest to them. That was the curse of adulthood.

“You know it’s been awhile since you came back to the valley. Have you even eaten?”

As she spoke she heard footsteps and a cheery voice. She turned to see Emily coming to them. She gave the girl a soft smile and a shake of her head. She’d grown close to the younger girl since she’d come to the Valley, thanks to Hunter and Lumina.

“I was just about to drag Elliot off to eat, actually I bet you haven’t eaten either right? Why don’t we all go out and get some food to have some time to relax. We’ll sneak some into Lumina’s room too”

Oliver Taurez

The boy's smile returned to face. Max's reply was enough to convince him that he was fine without a thinking a second thought. He had his suspicions but he did not bother to dwell deeper to it. He watched his mentor grab a stool to stand on. Their height differences are really staggering.

"Thank you!"

The boy thanked in glee before climbing onto the stool. Being the energetic kid in the kitchen. Oliver hopped onto the stool instead climbing it. This lead to a shortly shocking moment where Oliver almost fell over the stool due to lack of balance upon landing successfully on top. He waved his arms up and down, his left foot stayed on the stool while the right raised itself and his upper torso was leaning backwards. Good thing the stool was sturdy to keep him balanced.

"I'm okay!"

He assured before regaining a proper stand on the stool. Their was a shocked look on his face for a brief moment but he shrugged it off quickly.

"Okay! I'm ready! I just need to wash my hands first."

Being near the sink. Oliver removed his work gloves and strapped it to his apron. His hands were clean, although he still proceeds to wahs his hands by the sink.

"Grandmama always told me to wash my hands. Even if they look clean. She says that to me everyday!"

Oliver gave a small chuckle after repeating his grandmother's advice stamped to his head. The boy washed his hands thouroghly in silence. Humming a unfamiliar tune in the most softest hum. He took a quarter of a minute to wash before turning to Max.

"Done! Let's get started!"

• 66795752_p0.png
    Date: Monday, Spring 9th || Lumina's Birthday
    Time: ??? || Late Morning

Interacting With:
    Lilly ( Afropuppy Afropuppy )
    ~ Town Square ~
    It's a Kids World || Mason's CS File

The village was boring on a good day. Today he didn’t even have classes to distract him thanks to Emilia, because honestly who else would be brazen enough to release those in class. He ran and kicked a pebble launching it into the air. Frustrating! He couldn’t go to the city, he couldn’t hang with Jasper. Geez and where was the peanut gallery when you needed them. Everyone rushed home like they had something worth leaving for.

“It’s so boringgggg”

And yet as soon as he shouted it he heard a bark. He jumped at the unfamiliar sounding bark. What did the crazy supermarket lady get another pet recently? He heard it coming from the square and he almost took the long way home but instead he decided to follow the noise. He poked out from the side of the wall of the bakery. He found an unfamiliar looking girl sitting in the square with a dog at her side.

Well that solved one mystery he guessed. He decided there was no point in hiding, he doubted the dog would do much with this girl as the owner. He was bored after all he might as well grace her with his presence. He straightened out his clothes and doubled back to the main pathway with his chin up.

Like a bird strutting its feathers he swayed down the path. He stopped as he got in her view and as casual acting as he could with all the grace he’d developed working so far he did a quick turn on his heel and...

Fell face first into the concrete of the square.

Oh lovely first impression, now he really looked like a kid. He let a groan out from his spot on the floor not even attempting to move. Thank goodness none of his classmates saw, he’d never hear the end of it.

Cora || Location: Cafe 🠂 Home 🠂 Bar ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Mood: 🔥 ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Interaction: Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne
Thomas' words sunk in through her anxious skin and she just sort of stared blankly as he finished. It took her a few moments to even realize the food had been delivered. As she went into auto-pilot mode and picked up her sandwich, her eyes began to well up. "T-Thomas..." She bit into her sandwich and sobbed big fat anime tears at the same time. It had been a rough day - a rough week, really - and her friend's words just really hit home. The spontaneous face-rain wet her cheeks as she chowed through her meal, pausing to sniffle and wipe her eyes before taking a sip of the tea.

"You know what, you're right." Cora took a deep, wavering breath and rubbed her eyes. "I just have to go for it. I'll swing by another time for the books. There's no time to waste!" She sucked down her drink and was done before Thomas had even touched his dessert.

"Thank you for lunch. You're a gem!" She grinned and whipped like a whirlwind out the door, still wiping her eyes as she went. I just have to get home and change, feed Nimh, and then get over there. It'll be fine. It'll be great! My first performance in... gosh, how many years? The anxiety began to well up again but she nipped it right in the bud, pushing in her front door and startling the little napping rat on the sofa. He scurried curiously over to his owner and took his usual place on her shoulder as she got out his food and thought about what to wear. She had never actually been to the bar, so she wasn't sure of its atmosphere. Erring on the safe side, she went casual.

Just a little after 4pm she was marching her way to Xander's fine establishment, sheet music in hand and determined but undeniably nervous smile on her face.

(I'm gonna leave it there / fade to black because I think time skip?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back