• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings [OLD THREAD] Violet Meadows (Harvest Moon inspired RP)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

ameliatitle-01-png.664397

ameliafullcolour-jpg.664396

Despite Ryan seeming more than fine with waiting for her to finish tidying up first before leaving she didn't waste too much time doing so, she still didn't want to have him wait too long so once she was sure everything was securely away and had grabbed her coat because she didn't trust the weather one bit she made her way to the door which was being held open for her. She couldn't help but take an extra glance back at her desk just to be 100% sure that everything was right before stepping out, politely thanking the young man holding the door for her as she passed him in the doorway.

She placed a hand to her face as she looked one way then the other upon reaching the street, her fingers gently tapping against her cheek for a brief moment as she thought. Where did she want to eat? Again, she normally either took her lunch with her to work or got too distracted by her work and skipped it entirely without meaning to, so she didn't exactly have a lunch spot but where to go was still a pretty obvious choice to her. "I'm sure Madeline's cafe isn't open just yet..." she answered as her gaze drifted in the direction of the cafe in question. "Dream Drop is open. If you are okay with going there that is?" She asked, despite knowing he told her to choose where she liked she couldn't help but make sure it was okay still. "Though...I suppose that's the only other choice and it's good too anyways" she then added with a sort of sheepish expression realising that her question sounded a little silly now when she thought about it. It wasn't like somewhere like Kore was full different places to choose between.

She fixed and rearranged at the jacket draped over her arm a few times as the two walked towards their destination, she guessed they were lucky that they weren't caught mid rain shower but was still glad she brought it, even if she did have to carry it around. Feeling well organised was something she preferred. She stopped fiddling the jacket over her arm as Ryan spoke again, mentioning his hand as he lifted it to show her. She blinked as her gaze moved along the scar the wound had left. She was glad to see that it had healed tidy. She was trying to look professional that day but in reality it was her first week at the clinic and first time stitching such a wound up without a mentor of some kind watching or guiding her. She was sure that despite her attempt to save face somewhat it was noticable that she was at least a little bit nervous.

His joke about the alternate version of events he had told the children had pulled a soft giggle from the nurse as she shook her head a little "Who would I be to ruin a story that sounds so much better. Especially for kids." She answered with a smile "I won't out your story, I promise" she said, raising her hand slightly as she said this, lowering it again after"And I'm glad that it healed up well for you too" she added as they arrived at Dream Drop.

Upon reaching the door and entering, there was already a few customers here, but no lunchtime rush...not that there would be in the sleepy village of Kore. She didn't miss the crowded eateries in the city one bit. Crowds weren't her thing and never had been. Kana had immediately been there to greet them at the door in full cowgirl attire, Amelia wasn't too much of a regular here but sge did drop in on the odd occasion she left for lunch and seeing the theme of the day did always amuse her, the staff (mostly Kana) always put a lot of effort into their outfits after all. "Good Afternoon Kana!" She greeted politely with a small wave.
• More Info •

Mood:
Happy

Objective:
Go for a Nice Lunch

Interacting with:
Ryan, Kana

Tags:
stepherz345 stepherz345 BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

• Character Sheet •

Misty Stamp.png
Misty laughed, glancing aside at him as she asked, "Do you guys squabble like that often, or just occasionally?" Wisteria was an only child, so, she never knew what it was like having a sibling. She'd always wish she had one. She was shy in school , so, she often ended up alone. She had figured that a sibling would have chased that feeling away, even if they fought or argued- she just wanted companionship.

That was probably why she surrounded herself with so many animals- she didn't like loneliness. Sure, she enjoyed solitude. A nice book, coupled with the quiet atmosphere of her farm was positively wonderful. Sometimes, though, it felt empty.

Interaction with: jadafun jadafun

OgpgDaB.png

13982.gif

Lumina smiled, seeing her friends here in the room with her. She had to keep up her happy persona around them, especially because she knew that she had worried them back at the dance. Normal healthy people don't just collapse and stop breathing, after all. Emily seemed like she was more concerned about Hunter until their eyes met, and then she seemed to be overtaken by emotion. She gave a small laugh as Emily grabbed her hand and began to cry. "Well, I'm awake now, so there's nothing to worry about anymore." She kept her voice gentle, seeing the genuine concern that Emily was expressing. It was touching, really.

Hunter's tears definitely didn't escape her, but she didn't bring attention to it. She knew that sometimes her best friend could be a crybaby, but considering her own past of also being a crybaby, there was no judgement from her about it. If she was in his position, she'd probably be reacting the same way. He walked over next to Emilia and did nothing but hold out some sort of box out to her, awkwardly wishing her a happy birthday. With her free hand, she brought it to one of his that held the box, and gave him a soft smile. She could tell from his awkwardness how stressed out he was, and she knew she was at fault for it. But the gesture of the gift was quite meaningful, and it made her happy without even knowing what was inside the box. "Thank you, Hunny." She took her hands back from Emily and Hunter to open the box, revealing the beautiful rainbow quartz necklace inside it. Her soft smile grew into a wide grin, and she held it up to the light to really get a good look at the colors. "Oh wow this is beautiful!" She looked back at Hunter, undoing the clasp and attaching it around her neck. "I absolutely love it. You know me so well." Lumina gave a small laugh as she brought her hands back to her lap.

Hunter also addressed the third person that was still at her bedside, Emilia. Now that she thought about it, it was a little early for her to be out of school. It was a little weird for her to be there, but here she was. She let out a little laugh as Emilia explained her antics that she got up to at school. "Sounds like you had a good time, then." Lumina smiled as Emilia suggested taking Emily with her to the concert of which she had given her tickets to not moments before this. "If I can find the time, I'll see if I can go. I am stuck here for a little while, and I feel like I might incur Dr. Rhys' wrath if I left the valley so soon after I get out of here." A concert did sound fun, but her current circumstances were definitely not ideal for a night out on the town. She wouldn't forget about the tickets, though.

Lumina glanced up at Dr. Rhys as he exited the room, listening as he made the announcement of only three people being allowed in the room at a time. It made sense, considering everything that happened and the sheer volume of people that seemed to be currently occupying the clinic. Anything more than three would probably get exhausting to keep track of, and she still was pretty wiped out from only having recently woken up. As she watched him leave out the door, she noticed the Sam was waiting there in the doorway, giving a wave and saying "good morning". Her eyes widened for a moment and she gave a soft smile, her eyes seeming to catch the sunlight that was starting to break through the clouds outside. She gave him a wave to let him know that she saw him. "Hey Sam." Lumina's voice was soft and gentle as she looked over at him standing in the doorway.

Extra Info

Date/Time: Spring 9 (Lumina's Bday) / 11am

Weather: Sunny with scattered sprinkles

Mood:
Calm

Talk with her friends

Objective:
Get better

Interacting with: Emilia, Emily, Hunter, Sam, Rhys

c015f9c9eb23bcb6a7d94b459d0506b1f03db271r1-320-179_00.gif
Lumina Lumina BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Archdemon Archdemon Nona Nona
Wiping away the tears from her eyes, Emily looks up to Lumina with a slight smile. "Of course I'm sorry, I'll try not to worry any more." She was of course telling a little white lie, the young waitress couldn't help but to worry about someone who looks perfectly healthy just randomly pass out and stop breathing for 3 days, out of pretty much no where.

A minute or two passes before hunter walks further into the room, Emily could tell just by looking at him that this is probably the most stressed hes been in a while. Hes clearly not him self hopefully he snaps out of this soon she wants her big brother back. As she was thinking this she seems hunter pull out a box for Lumina containing her birthday gift, oh that's right it's her birthday. "Ah um I got you something too Lumina I hope you like it." She shyly pulls out a small box from her jackets pocket setting it down on the bed, inside the contained a mini violin repair kit. She knew the gift wasn't really anything special but unfortunately she doesn't know Lumina enough yet to know what else she likes.

Emily wasn't really listening too much on the small conversation between Hunter and Emilia, but she did make out something about cockroaches and bringing them to school. Clearly this is the demon child she sometimes hears about from the teaching staff that occasionally visits the cafe, definitely someone to keep an eye on. Wait what did she say something about having Lumina take her to the club, but that's in the city right. The young waitress won't lie she wouldn't mind going if Lumina asked her but going to the city also means being closer to home and well she can't shake this uncomfortable feeling of that idea it even showed in her face for a moment. She looks back twords Emilia again, demon child she is indeed.

• sample-7a06309222068fe9d11414625c91d060.jpg
    Date: Monday, Spring 9th || Lumina's Birthday
    Time: 11am || Mid-Morning

Interacting With:
    Samuel ( Nona Nona ) Lumina ( Lumina Lumina ) Emily ( Pik Pik ) Rhys ( AmazingAllyCat AmazingAllyCat )
    Mentions:
    Emilia ( Archdemon Archdemon ) Elliot ( Lumina Lumina ) Max ( screaming armadillo screaming armadillo )
    ~ Clinic ~
    Feel Good || Hunter’s CS File

There was a weight that still pushed down on Hunter but he couldn’t really accurately say why it was still there. He reminded himself that Lumina was awake, aware and safe… for now. He did his best to shove away those thoughts. It really didn’t matter if he was worried Lumina couldn’t afford to be. The necklace was well-liked and that’s all that really matters right? Well no that wasn’t at all what really mattered. Lumina may be conscious but shes still on bed rest.

He was lucky enough that he wasn’t alone with Lumina. He didn’t know how’d he’d act if not for the fact that he was still around a relative stranger, even if Emilia was a child. A child who at the moment was probably doing the most for actually helping Lumina as she kept things normal.

Part of him wanted to scream that Lumina would be spending her birthday in the clinic limited on visitors. Actually a lot of him was mad about that. He wanted to go out and question Rhys about that. Heck, he probably should they were technically already over her visitor limit right now and her brother would be coming back soon, plus Aless was probably still waiting on the okay to return in.

He looked around the room and figured that it would be nice if Lumina couldn’t leave that they bring a bit of the party to her. Wait, wasn’t Max right outside? Could he convince the man to make an impromptu cake? Yeah, that might work but they definitely needed Rhys in on it. This was in no way a plan to try to escape the situation he reminded himself.

“Lumina, Em? I’m going to go talk to Rhys alright? I’ll be right back, ‘sides he was all for limiting people.”

He got up and gave her a little wave to the two as he got up and headed to the door. He didn’t go too far though as he stopped to whisper in the softest tone to Samuel who’d been standing in the doorway making sure that Lumina wouldn’t hear it.

“Walk in already, don’t treat her like glass but watch over her.”

He continued walking after not waiting for a response or reaction. He went down the hall trying to find which way Rhys went. Luckily he didn’t need to look to far or hard as he found the man sitting down at his desk. He came up as calmly as he could. He still hated being here but he’d never had anything against Rhys.

“Rhys? I was wondering if we could talk for a bit?”

Darius
Mentioning: @QrowSmith

"It depends," Darius said, with a playful smirk. "We're really pretty close, you know, twin telepathy and all that. Though with us, it's more he knows instinctively when I've done something embarrassing that he can come and laugh at," he teased.

"Seriously though, after our mom died, we only had each other. We had to stick together. We were technically too young to work, but we still took on odd jobs to make money and keep ourselves afloat, until we could make a more honest living with this shop. This place is everything to us. This store was our mother's, the house was our mother's, this village was her home." He nodded in the general direction of a window looking outside. "Caleb may muse on about leaving and becoming some big star in a big city, but we both know we'd never want to live anywhere but here."

Misty Stamp.png
Misty giggled softly at first, before falling silent as she listened to him reminisce. Though, she never lost her smile. What was your mother like...? If you don't mind my asking. I am sorry if the question is a little too personal... She murmured, glancing aside at him.

Family was...an interesting subject for her. She hadn't talked to her parents in a long while- she missed them- but they hadn't left off on good terms and, well, she was too much of a coward to actually talk to them about it. She wasn't strong enough yet... She'd crumble beneath the pressure.

Interaction: jadafun jadafun

• Vivi Darling •

801973ef606b4e5b820f2189b0ac0219 (2).jpg
Vivi was very short of breath. Every single time she attempted to inhale, it was like the air was snatched from the very earth around her. Was it her allergies? Was it the fact that she was now floating in heaven, carried away from angels, and the dead had no use of oxygen? She could not seem to figure out why - however, every reasoning seemed to pay no mind. She was too enraptured with the majesty before her. Her little canary of a heart pittered and pattered, beating against the cage of her chest. Vivi, one usually full of words, found herself speechless. She just couldn't help but... stare.

When the angel spoke, suddenly Vivi could breathe again. Now all the air around her swallowed her up and she almost found herself choking on it. Her voice was as smooth as silk and as sweet as honey. It reminded her of the tingling sensation she would get when she cuddled up by the window with a hot cup of tea during a crisp spring afternoon. Something about her took all her worries away from the stressful situation she once found herself in. She was both so relaxed, yet so bashfully thrilled. Both of her hands found their way to cup the sides of Vivi's face. Her temperature was on fire with her cheeks tickled pink!

"Oh," she piped out. "I am so sorry. I did not realize you weren't open yet..."

She was making an embarrassment out of herself multiple times during this day. First the scene that occurred at the doctor's office and now this? She'd be the joke of the town before too long... Wait. Not if she had anything to do with it. She huffed, pushing her chest up with a confident sniffle. Allergies and ex-boyfriends aside, she would not make a mockery of herself in front of such a blessing upon this sham of an earth.

"However, I appreciate how accommodating you are. I'm afraid I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Vivi!" Vivi beamed, walking proudly over to this beauty with her hand extended for hers. Her heart thundered. Is it normal for girls to shake hands? Is that still a thing? She had been so out of touch with normal human interaction due to her idol days. Handshakes were normally things people paid for. Would she shake it? Kiss it? Was this even still socially acceptable?

"And you are-...," Vivi breathed as she got closer. The sun! The sun just cascaded down onto her beautiful hair and stunning face. Every curve, every eyelash, and even the shade of her lips - perfection! There was simply no other word... or perhaps too many words to describe her. "Absolutely... gorgeous."

Vivi's face grew even hotter. If she hadn't known any better, her head was about to burst from her overly courageous statement.

Oh no...

Interacting: Lumina Lumina

"Dream Drop is great!" Ryan replied happily with a smile, reassuring her that he was perfectly fine with her choice. He wanted to make sure Amelia felt comfortable. After all he was the one that surprised her with an abrupt lunch date. No! Not date! Outing? Yeah! Outing was better. They were two acquaintances just getting to know each other! Not that there was anything wrong with her though! Amelia seemed really nice. She had a warm demeanor about her that Ryan liked. Probably the reason why she was such a great nurse. Normally Ryan hated hospitals but seeing Amelia at the reception desk had made his whole incident a little better. Of course that was just Ryan's opinion.

Thankfully her soft giggle pulled Ryan out of his thoughts. Realizing that she seemed to be enjoying his company made Ryan grin and his nerves started too lessen. Clearly he was overthinking this. It had been awhile since he had lunch with anyone so he felt a tad rusty but obviously he just needed to relax and keep being himself. When they approached the restaurant he held the door open for Amelia and followed behind her. There were a few people sitting and eating but it wasn't obnoxiously busy which was a relief. It was hard to talk and get to know someone in an overcrowded restaurant. Amelia seemed somewhat excited to see Kana, intrigued to see what the theme of the day was. It had been awhile since Ryan visited and he forgot they did a theme.

"Howdy Kana." Ryan greeted as he tipped his hat towards her. With his straw hat and red flannel Ryan almost looked like he could've been working alongside Kana for the day. Hopefully no one would mistake him for staff. He couldn't recall if they seated themselves or if she was suppose to seat them. "Any lunch specials today?" he asked curiously.

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Nona Nona

-----

Rose woke up bright and early per usual and followed her routine. Wake up, shower, change into her work clothes, grab a quick breakfast from the fridge, and then head off to work. She switched the "Closed" sign to "Open" and got to work. The building was rather small since most of the animals she saw were livestock and she had to make home visits. However she would get the occasional sick dog or cat too so she made sure to keep the office tidy. After sweeping, dusting, and counting inventory she finally sat down to scroll through her emails. Most of which was spam of course but she did make an order for some more antibiotics from the vendor in the city. While her clinic was small, it was hers and she proud of it. She got make her own schedule, make her own policies, and be her own boss. For the first time she actually got to be a Veterinarian rather than an assistant who no one took seriously. Of course this meant that she was solely responsible for everything that happened. It also meant she had to be on call everyday. Thankfully Kore was a pretty small town and so far no one had needed her to come at two in the morning for any reason.

Seeing how the clinic was empty and most likely would be for the rest of the day, Rose decided to leave for a bit. She left her white coat in her office but remained in her work attire; dark blue blouse with black dress pants and her long hair pulled back. Maybe buy some groceries, eat an early lunch, or if all else failed, visit Ryan. The woman was free to do whatever she pleased! Even though it was beautiful outside Rose decided to bring an umbrella in case it rained. Always being safe rather than sorry. At first she simply walked around just enjoying the weather but eventually she arrived at the local cafe. Usually she brought food back to her office and ate alone but this time she decided to try and make friends with the locals. At first she thought it was closed but the door opened with her gentle pull.

The cafe was surprisingly empty. Other than the workers the only customer in there was a blond woman who looked somewhat upset. At first Rose was simply going to leave the woman alone and place an order. As Rose waited she started to change her mind. Maybe she needed someone to vent too and just listen to her. Tentatively she approached the blond and offered a small friendly smile. "Excuse me ma'am. Are you okay?" she asked.

Rose of Versailles Rose of Versailles

“Not sure how they all fit in that room but I guess if Doc isn’t throwing people out Lumina must be in pretty good shape.”

At some point Ryan had entered the clinic, the ever cheerful fisher apparently asking for Amelia. Naturally Max was able to catch bits and pieces of their chat given the small confines of the room even if he didn’t mean to. Unintentional eavesdropping, perfectly innocent. Never one to get ahead of himself, Max decided to just add some files away to the teasing cabinets. Might be fun. With those tucked away the baker shifted his entire attention to the current conversation just as Marcus began to speak.

“Something like childhood friends. I probably have as many memories with him as I do my own parents.”

“Because you never stopped bothering me.”
Lightheartedly the him chipped in.

“It was too much fun watching you always get in trouble.” Was the matter-of-factly retort from Marcus who carried on, “Anyways, this rainbow included I rarely get to see old friends anymore as well. I just happened to have business bring me in the area and needed to drop by. A seize the moment sort of thing I guess. Though it is a shame I missed the festival, I haven’t been to anything like that in ages.”

Max probably would have butt in once again had he not been too busy pursuing his own train of thought. His focus being the man mentioned moments before. The elder Silver's exit was both perfectly understandable yet notably peculiar in a way that with deeper thought piqued interest. A puzzle that lodged itself into the swamp of the baker's mind. Maybe he was just overthinking again but that cog labeled 'self-aware mother hen' was already turning.

So with enough control to hide the maybe unnecessary mixture of mild concern and well meaning curiosity he inquired, “Uhm, this probably isn’t any of my business. Did Elliot seem out of sorts? I’ve only talked to him maybe twice but the last couple days might be catching up to him.”

Interaction- BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Emilia Westerly
Mention/Interactions: Lumina Lumina Pik Pik

Emilia gave a coy smile while looking at Lumina, knowing full well how much trouble she's gonna cause and get into. When Lumina said that she probably couldn't leave due to the wrath she'll invoke from doc Rhys, Emilia smiled. Maybe she should plant an idea in Lumina's head, unless she's one of those goody goodies.

"Weeeeeeellll you don't have to necessarily inform Rhys you're leaving. Besides you'll have at least three responsible people with you." She smiled as if she knew something.

"Anyways I gotta go, don't want to be caught outside of school so early by my bro. Later Luma, later Emi. Oh and I hope you both like rock music cause that's what the club's known for. Laters!"
And with that Emilia gave a quick hug to Lumina and Emily, she would've put something in her purse but she doesn't have anything so a hug was nice. Afterwards Emilia disappeared into the town to hang about and maybe torture some other poor soul.

Meanwhile at The Westerly Household...

Ren Westerly
Interaction: Nona Nona

Ren thought for a second, he only took those classes because he was forced to. However there was one dish he did enjoy making and it was a delicacy back home. He rummaged through his fridge for the necessary ingredients and began to make it.

"Don't know if you've had Sushi before but it's a delicacy from back home. So what are some of the stories? I don't care if they're accurate or not, it's an interesting thing to talk about. Besides if not about the town, then talk about yourself. I'm interested in learning more about the people I interact with. Oh and this will take a bit, you can wait at the table or look around. Just becareful if you enter Emilia's Room, she most likely booby trapped it."

• 825acd60a425ba530cf66b8e34d356e8df5d58c0r1-338-338_hq.gif
    Time: 11am || Late Morning

Interacting With:
    Ryan ( stepherz345 stepherz345 ) Amelia ( Nona Nona )
    Mentions:
    Kai, Lumina (not by name)
    ~ Dream Drop ~
    Milk Bar || Kana's CS File
    She’d just gotten her first customer of the day and score, it was townies! She was always so bad at keeping up the pep as she heard the city slickers come and complain about this and that. Heck, even just this past week she’d gotten complaints about cell service, lack of things to do, and their getting lost. Like geez these things didn’t get to the residents of Kore, mainly cause they knew what service they needed, where places could be found, and most importantly who to hang with! Still, she’d lose revenue if she said that to them so instead she just waited until she saw familiar faces. She lunged forth and gave them a bear hug.

“YAY! What’s up guys! I’m surprised I thought this would be a slow week with people considering...” She let them go as she realized she was still working. “AH! Whoopsy right!” She jumped back and straightened out her uniform before Kai came to yell at her.

“Lunch specials! Well as ya see we’ve got all decked out in the Wild American West Cowboy Style. Which basically means all the American Foods are specials today. IT’S BURGER TIME!”

She did a lassoing motion which probably sucked compared to anything that Ryan could do. She led them to the nicest table she had, ie the only one she set up so far, right near the view of the lake.

“Welp I’m off to go getcha some waters, didya guys want anything else to drink as well? OOO Wait try the fried pickles too!”

• EPokw5XU0AA6LZY.png
    Time: 11am || Late Morning

Interacting With:
    Max ( screaming armadillo screaming armadillo ) Elliot ( Lumina Lumina )
    Mentions:
    Rhys ( AmazingAllyCat AmazingAllyCat )
    ~ Clinic ~
    Younger You || Alessia’s CS File
    Part of her figured that Rhys might just be letting all those people slide because Lumina may still be groggy but that was probably not the best assumption. Then again she didn’t much see Rhys as a take-charge guy, so maybe he had told them they had just a few to clear out the room and they were all just dawdling.

She was interested to hear her thoughts confirmed as Marcus said they had been friends for quite a while. How nice. She let out a giggle as she saw the two going back and forth, she imagined this is what Hunter and she seemed like when they went at it. In reality, the two seemed like siblings even if they didn’t see each other often according to his own admission. Her mind still stayed with Elliot though and luckily enough Max seemed just as keen at reading people as he was inclined to help.

“Yes, he did. I’ve only seen him look so uncomfortable twice before. I’m worried honestly.” She looked towards the doorway with worry etched in her face. She could ignore it no longer. “I’m going to go check on him!”

She started towards the door practically stomping barely noticing if Max was following her or not. The lingering puddles wound up splashing against the hem of her sundress. Even so she didn’t let herself stop until she’d found Elliot.

“Hey Ellie, whatcha doing out here?”

Ryan grinned as Kana embraced them. Her energy was contagious and he was surprised to find himself feeling reinvigorated even though he wasn’t tired to begin with. Just as quickly as the barista hugged them she let them go and led them to their table. Clearly this table was the best spot since the view of the lake was amazing from here. Out of towners probably paid a pretty penny for a spot like this. Couldn’t get a view as pretty as this in the city. Kana was spoiling them that was for sure. He couldn’t help but chuckle when she mimicked throwing a lasso and listed off the lunch specials and suggestion of an appetizer.

“I’ll just stick with water, thanks Kana. Amelia do you want to split an appetizer or anything?” Ryan offered. Surprisingly the fishermen wasn’t a big fan of pop and it was far too early to be ordering any sort of alcohol. The man planned on paying for lunch regardless. After all he was the one who invited her out in the first place. He just didn’t want to make her late for work by ordering too much food. Still fried pickles did sound good. However he wasn’t going to eat an entire basket by himself in front of her. That would be rude.

Ryan picked up the menu and glanced over it quickly. He wasn’t sure why he pretended to do so, considering he was probably going to get a cheeseburger with fries. His usual choice at any restaurant. Although his more spontaneous side was tempted to try something new. Since this was a new experience with a new person maybe it would be fun to change it up. Just thinking about all the food caused his stomach to rumble. “Heh, guess I’m hungrier than I thought.” Ryan admitted sheepishly.

Nona Nona BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

samtitle-01-01-png.664424

samfullcolour-jpg.664416

Keeping to Rhys' word on limiting visitors, Sam had stayed at the doorway and not stepped in right away, planning to wait his turn. Besides those there were busy giving Lumina birthday gifts...and no he was feeling a little awkward that he didn't. Granted, he didn't know that it was the blacksmith's birthday in the first place.

At first he wasn't sure she had heard his greeting. Which was okay, there was a lot going on around her after all but it seemed as though she had heard him, or at least spotted him. Her eyes bright as she greeted him, a sight that settled a pool of anxiousness inside him that he wasn't fully aware he was feeling until it was replaced with the relief of seeing her awake and smiling. He didn't question it, it made sense for him to hold concern for someone that passed out while with him. Once being greeted he had immediately smiled back at her.

Her attention was soon snatched by the young girl that was there to offer Lumina a gift and presumably ditch school from what he could hear, though she took her leave not long after, with Sam stepping back to let her out of the room. Was it okay to go in now? The limit was 3 right. Before he could walk in Hunter was next to leave but stopped with Sam at the doorway. Talking quietly about Lumina and urging him in already. Sam blinked a few times as his eyes followed Hunter out of the room, his mouth opening to answer but the silver haired male was already on his way to talk with Rhys.

He just shut his mouth and walked in giving emily a nod in greeting first as he had already met her in the waiting room earlier before turning his attention to Lumina "It's good to see you awake, Lumina. How are you feeling?" He asked with a enthusiastic smile. His eyes drifted to the the little violin repair kit Emily had given her "I didn't hear about it being your birthday otherwise I wouldn't have shown up empty handed like this" he then added in an apologetic tone. He'd make it up to her though, maybe he could bring her a cake or something later...
no slide
stepherz345 stepherz345

• Evelyn Frost •

20200107_102203.jpg

Evelyn had at this point taken a seat at the table as Ren gathered up ingredients, leaning back on her chair a little to peek over and see what he was grabbing befor he had informed her what he was making "Sushi? I think I've had it once at a festival. My sister dared me to try this spicy green stuff that was with it on its own that was honestly the worst thing ever. It'll be fun to try it out again...the sushi, not the green stuff." She answered with a slight smile before she narrowed her eyes and rested her elbows on the table and propped her head in her hands. Humming in thought "I'm sure you've at least heard of the harvest goddess right? No? Most of our festivals originated from celebrating her." She said before straightening her posture "Oh! Or I could tell you about the harvest sprites." She said as she clasped her hands together briefly before pushing out her chair and standing up.

"As for myself? Hm... I'm Evelyn Frost, some call me Eve. Some call me Lynn... I work at the town hall. Those parts you know already" she said with a tilt of her head "I was raised here but moved to the city for a while to study music and theatre, I came back two years ago..." she trailed off trying to think on facts about herself. As open as she was she still wasn't very good at doing this on the spot, though she never really met anyone who was.

"I mean, if you have any other questions, shoot." She raised a finger "Buuut. you have to tell me about yourself too." She looked around has her hand came to rest on her chin "...And you have to warn me which door is your sisters, I dont want to step into a trap if I need to find the bathroom or something" she joked with a laugh, her hand dropping from her face.

Tags:
Archdemon Archdemon

Last edited:

ameliatitle-01-png.664397

ameliafullcolour-jpg.664396

Moments after the two greeting Kana they were both pulled into a bear hug with Amelia not expecting it for a second but this was Kana so it was definitely something that she should have anticipated. It still pulled a smile from the more reserved nurse, Kana's attitude was always something that was contagious, and something that definitely suited for her line of work.

As Kana went ahead and walked them to a table Amelia was following behind, her eyes scanning all the themed decor and costumes, how they could organise all of this daily and pull it off so well really was something, it was kind of exciting to see what each day was. Her eyes drifted to Ryan for a moment, somehow his current outfit was fitting theme of the day almost as good as the workers in Dream drop itself. Though she doubted jumping into the atmosphere was intentional for him, it was still a little amusing to her.

Realising she was taking up time just looking around she quickly turned her attention to the table they were led to with a slightly embarrassed expression, stopping to look around would have been taking up everyone else's time!

Once seated and hearing the specials Amelia tilted get head slightly to look up at Kana "Oh! Can I get a lemonade too?" She asked before Kana would leave to grab drinks. Ever the sweet tooth despite her profession. She wasn't sure how appetizing fried pickles were but mosty because she had never had them before. Her gaze flicked to Ryan as he mentioned splitting an appetizer. Perhaps he was looking to try this fried pickle thing. Well, she supposed no time like the present to try them out right? She nodded with a small smile "Sure, we can do that!" she answered in her usual soft tone, good thing they decided on an appetizer to as it wasn't long until Ryan's stomach was protesting the lack of one. She just laughed lightly after watching his reaction "I guess so! Everything even smells good here today too, it's enough to make anyone hungrier, I bet my own stomach isn't far behind" she assured as her hand pulled her own menu towards her. She glanced at over it, in contrast having no idea what she wanted.

Chances were once it was time to take the order she'd panic order the first thing that came to mind from the menu. Not only was she a sweet tooth but she was ridiculously indecisive. Only rarely did that method give her something she didn't like though. Tearing her gaze from it again it moved to glance out at the window at the lovely view Kore had to offer, this was a pretty good seat. "I definitely don't miss the cafes and coffee shops in the city over somewhere like here" she commented looking out the window and a hand on her face "You would not get a nice spot so easily like this for sure" once she looked back towards Ryan.
• More Info •

Mood:
Happy

Objective:
Go for a Nice Lunch

Interacting with:
Ryan, Kana

Tags:
stepherz345 stepherz345 BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

• Character Sheet •

Magic Loving Librarian
Thomas Pasquerella
com_thomas_full_colour.jpg
The collection of books Thomas and the generations of his family had in this library was large and great enough to rival universities. That's also why he had to spend whole days of the week cleaning and maintaining it rather than indulging in it. Nevertheless, everything was back in place in time for a late lunch break. Looking back at row after row of shelves from the front doors Thomas let out a satisfied huff as everything was in it's and there seemed not a single spot of dust could be seen. As much as he hated hard work, this place was worth it to him. And as much as he wanted to share the words of knowledge and wisdom stored here, he knew that if this collection rested in a larger town it would be abused. Content with what graced his eyes, Thomas turned to the doors and left the building, locking them on his way out.

Fortunately, Kore is a rather small village. Unfortunately, Thomas wasn't the fittest lion out of the pride, nor the most decisive. And so he didn't make it far from the library before his stomach was growling at him as his need to just plop down somewhere grew. And so he made his way to the town square, where he knew everything was centralized around. Having done that he started pacing around, at first thinking, then after a minute muttering to himself about where he should eat.

Information

Mood: Hungry/lazy

Interacting with: Free
Tags: N/A

Cora || Location: Town Square‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Mood: ☁‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Interaction: Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne
Cora has had an interesting Monday...

"Beetles..." She groaned into her palms, "Why did it have to be... beetles." Technically, her issue was with an army of cockroaches, but just thinking about their squirmy, brown bodies made her sick and she therefore attempted to completely block it out of her memory. Now, Cora absolutely adored teaching and, generally, children, but the students here were certainly putting her resilience to the test. It has hardly been a week since she started up her new job and already it was obvious that settling back in wasn't going to be all that easy. She didn't become a teacher because she thought it would be a walk in the park anyway.

Speaking of a walk in the park... that was exactly the sort of thing she needed to clear her head after such a stressful and, honestly wild, morning. That, and maybe a drink. With school let out early and nowhere she particularly needed to be, Cora takes the opportunity to explore her hometown a bit more. Nothing had changed since she left all those years ago. It was the same old streets with the same old trees and the same old charming buildings. There were plenty of people she recognized as well, including a librarian contemplating some difficult decision nearby.

"Do you need a hand climbing out of that rut, Thomas?" She teased, tipping her head as she approached. Her exhaustion was clear in her eyes but she wore a smile nonetheless.

Xander Nakamura~ Location: Outside Inn~Interactions: none

Xander was never an avid fan of the cold. No, he despised the cold and the way it made him feel. His fingers went numb. His cheeks flushed pale. His nose went red. "Unpleasant, so unpleasant," he muttered, flakes of ice flying towards his face. The remaining warmth in his cheeks melted them on contact. But, he had to endure for his craft. In the bar's darkness, Nakamura chiseled away at the ice, forming it into a sphere. "One done," he huffed, placing it back into the freezer. It would be both a garnish and for straight spirits or stirred cocktails. Chiseling away at the blocks of ice he lined up, the man would spend a solid portion of time to make orbs. The sweat which had dried from his morning jog slowly resurfaced. He couldn't afford for his mind to wander lest the ice came out imperfect. The glasses which needed to be cold had already been chilled. Inventory had been checked. He practiced his basic mixing skills. The only thing left was to chisel the ice to the way that he wanted. The labor that many would not notice nor appreciate would've been made much easier if he had just used a mold, but he couldn't.

Memories of being a barback flooded his thoughts. Cynthia, his mentor, had forced him to do everything that could be done more conveniently by hand. It supposedly built character. It made sure he appreciated every moment he spent as a bartender. He didn't quite understand what she meant from it then, and he still hadn't grasped the lesson even now. The only reason he continued this cruel labor was out of respect and habit. A habit which surprisingly hadn't become boring. Xander tried to avoid forming habits. Habits were the first step towards monotony. A word that sent shivers down Xander's spine worse than the ice in his hand. "Maybe, that's why I keep it a habit, so one day I get bored of it and just use a mold." Finishing up the last of the spheres, he clapped the feeling back into his hands. There he was done for the day's prep, and he could spend the rest of the time between now and the bar's opening to relax. Making sure Geralt was well fed and happy, Nakamura made his way back into the sun.

"Now, what to do?"

Magic Loving Librarian
Thomas Pasquerella
com_thomas_Transparent.png
Grrooowwwllll

It was another reminder from his stomach that Thomas was wasting time deciding something that should've been taken care of before he took even one step out the door. But indecision was practically in his blood, there was aught but hope a solution popped into his head or eyesight to end his problem. Where to eat: Usually a simple solution, but since a certain energetic problem maker hadn't bothered him yet today Thomas couldn't just go to dream drop to avoid her as she wasn't already avoiding work. No, since he wasn't being bothered he knew not to go to dream drop, but it was still a minefield set against his peaceful lunch, or so he thought before the red came into his view and a smile broke through his thought twisted face.

"You know Cora, between the two of us, you seem to be in the deeper rut. Those kids really wearing you down that much?" Brushing his own issues aside Thomas ruthlessly pointed out those of his old friend as his brain worked fruitlessly towards a decision that stood but a hair length's out of his grasp. "If you need sleep perhaps you sho-..." Grrooowwwllll~ "You know what, that rut, my rut, food, I can't decide where to eat." He admitted with a defeated tone, his body slouching forward.

Information

Mood: Hungry Still

Interacting with: Cora
Tags: queanbean queanbean

Cora || Location: Town Square‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Mood: ☁‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Interaction: Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne
Cora leaned against a nearby tree and pushed a hand through her hair, tousling her bangs. "Don't worry about me. It's going to take a lot more than a few bugs to scare me off." As if that wasn't the understatement of the year.

She smiled sheepishly at the man and his very vocal stomach. "Your problem, however, has a much simpler solution. Why don't you come over for lunch? I have a box of fresh veggies we could cook up!" But she saw the look on his face and couldn't help laughing, leaning over into her hand.

"Well..." She said after finally gathering up her composure. "Are you craving anything? There's the cafe... [insert other options because I am not yet familiar with anything lol]."

Cora sets her hands on her hips and furrows her brow, though there's the shadow of a grin on her lips. "And don't say you have no idea or I'll start listing off foods just to make you even hungrier."

Ryan grinned, happy that she was willing to split an appetizer. "Great! We'll take a lemonade, water, and some fried pickles please." Ryan ordered and put his menu aside as Amelia started to talk to him, not wanting to appear that he wasn't listening to her. He nodded in agreement with her statement. "I don't miss the city either. I take the occasional trip up there to visit my parents since they still live up there, but I don't miss the crowds and feeling cooped up. I like the wide-open space, the fresh air, the sea breeze, the....well just everything about Kore really." Ryan started and found himself sharing more than he expected. "Actually my sister and I came here during the summer break when we were kids to visit our grandfather. He was the fisherman here, my father broke tradition and now I'm bringing it back. Think that's what he wanted since he left the property to me after he passed. I'm probably not nearly as good as he was, but I think I've caught a few fish that he'd be impressed by." he shared. Feelings of nostalgia warmed his heart as started to recall some of his memories.

"Thinking back at it now I was a terrible fisher in my youth. I couldn't sit still and I talked his ear off, but he never complained." suddenly it hit Ryan that he was now talking her ear off. "Now here I am talking your ear off. I'm so sorry." Ryan apologized. He didn't want to be one of those guys. Guys who only talked about themselves. Sometimes when Ryan was on a roll he had a hard time trying to stop himself. "Tell me about you. What brought you to Kore?" Ryan asked curiously.

Nona Nona

Magic Loving Librarian
Thomas Pasquerella

guWQH0P.png

Thomas rubbed his chin at Cora's proposition. Lunch, and food in general, was always better with another. It sounded nice to him but there was still the question of what. "Welllll, the cafe, and bakery both sound nice, but Dream Drop should be avoided if we treasure peace and quiet. Though I'm not sure a teacher would know what those qualities are anymore." Not wanting to be tempted by an ever-growing list Thomas answered swiftly, but had to take a jab at his friend.

However, knowing still that the teacher in front of had probably been terrorized raised a finger as to signal Cora to wait as he rummaged through his many pockets. A moment passed, then another, and another, then a moment after that Thomas pulled out his wallet. "You know, of all the things I memorized and make mental notes of, I never quite remember where I put this infernal thing." With a chuckle, the leather stylized to look like a book folded open and Thomas observed the contents before nodding to himself "It'll be my treat, you're still adjusting to town and probably a bit low after down payments and moving fees." Thomas offered with a kind smile. Placing his wallet back in a pocket, he started walking to the northeast, towards the cafe.

"You know, Cora, I'm half surprised those kids aren't hanging off of you with how much you wanted to be a teacher back then. Have you been keeping that big heart under wraps?" Not really wanting to tease his friend, Thomas voiced his question more out of curiosity than anything else as he snuggled his hands into his pockets.

• More Info •

Mood:
Curious (still hungry)

Walkin' and talkin'

Interacting with:
Cora

Tags:

queanbean queanbean

• Character Sheet •

aJYH5y3.png

tumblr_mcka2nk8ug1r877bvo1_500.gif

Elliot marched outside after feeling suddenly way too stressed out inside the clinic, feeling like he needed space to breathe. The last few days had been so much to deal with, and now here he was getting overwhelmed due to his own personal emotions. He felt like an idiot having lost his cool like that after just having seen Hunter. The silver haired boy had sent texts a few days ago, so it's not like this was the first time there had been any contact since he was last in the village. But actually seeing him in person... it was so different. He thought he had put his past in Kore behind him. Apparently he was wrong. Subconsciously he brought a hand up to his bangs and began to tug on them, occasionally twisting the strands of hair between his fingers.

As Alessia was coming around to the side of the clinic, she would see Elliot leaning against the outer wall of the building in the shade of a tree. He looked lost in thought, tugging on the hair of his bangs. It was a habit he developed when he was younger when he was stressed that he never seemed to grow out of, and at this point it was probably a subconscious action than a purposeful one. The artist was staring ahead, not particularly paying much attention to the world around him. That is, until he heard the sound of someone all too familiar approaching him. He snapped back to the real world, bringing his hand down from his face as he realized his habit had kicked in again. He blinked and turned his head toward where the voice was coming from, and a single word escaped his lips.

"Alessia."

This was a face that had seen even longer ago than Hunter, though it wasn't a bad one. A very brief ex-girlfriend turned close childhood friend, at least that's how it was during her less-than-frequent visits to see her family in the valley. There was a small part of him that was relieved it was the older and blonder of the two cousins that came out and said hello. He wasn't sure his heart would be capable of a one-on-one with Hunter at the moment. It had been too emotional of a last few days for that. "I just needed some air. It was getting a bit cramped inside."

Extra Info

Date/Time: Spring 9 (Lumina's Birthday) / 11am

Weather: Sun showers

Mood:
A little flustered and stressed

Talking with Alessia

Objective:
None

Interacting with: Alessia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back