• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
FIRST POST FIRST POST

Crow

Top-tier Avian Master
IF YOU'RE HERE, I'VE STOPPED UPDATING THIS POST
THE SIGNUPS ARE
OVER HERE
YOU CAN STILL EXPRESS INTEREST AND JOIN

Throughout existence, time and space, a strange beast set forth. Its sole intent - to drag the minds of every existence into hellish nightmares. Few found time to sleep, and the many who did ended up sleeping for a long, long time.

VpTqZUI.png

"Fall into an eternal slumber..."

But alas, the biggest of dreamers could not be toppled so easily. They were beings who were one with the realm of dreams. They formed an alliance known as the Dreamscapers, and they did everything in their power to track this beast and its allies down. In the realm of dreams, there was no need to rest and no time to rest. They were lead by the dreamy but powerful Nemurin, one who called herself a magical girl, but had more similarities to an all-powerful god in the dreamscape.

On this day, the Dreamscapers must rely on unlikely help. They turned to those who suffered from nightmares, yet have the resolve to free themselves from them. Those whom they believed could give them the upper hand in this feud.

The Broskis. A ragtag team who faced anomalies in time and space, have once again been united to face threats - threats that could threaten the cosmos and life as we know it.

Together, these two teams will deal with the

SM4KfFG.png

This roleplay is part of the multifandom crossover roleplay saga known as Cooking with the Broskis. Prior knowledge on source material of roleplays, and roleplay setting is not required. Lost quite a bit of potential players that thought it might be required.

But what is the source material of this Roleplay's setting, you ask? Good question.

myCWhYu.png

1. Standard rules apply - metagaming, godmodding, the usual.

2. You can play up to two Guest characters and two Broski characters. Total.

3. Please post at least once a week. You will be nudged if you fail to achieve this. Failure to comply for two weeks without explanation will result in me hijacking your characters if i know how.

4. A minimum of two sentences a post, please. It would be heavily preferred if you could hit a paragraph.

5. Have fun!

MF0eRYy.png

In each installment of the Cooking with the Broskis series, characters are divided into Broskis and Guests. Broskis are characters that are allowed to be used in every RP, while Guests have to follow 'Guest Conditions'. At the end of the RP, some of the Guests can join the Broskis so that their character can be used down the line.

Broskis, you know who you are.

In this roleplay, the Guests will exclusively be the Dreamscapers, the aforementioned organization/get-together/ragtag band of merry men that dwells in the Dreamscape. The Dreamscapers consist of individuals who monitor or even live in the dream realms, frolicking. So, it is suggested that a character of that nature has the means to access dreams through dream-related powers or dream-related machinery and gadgets, or even live in the dream world. It is also preferred that the character is or has the capacity to be good-aligned or side with our guys (so nothing like Bill Cipher, even if he is very tempting.) Yeah I get it, good and evil is subjective, but you get me, right? No one who pretty much has our antagonist's goals of plunging the cosmos in nightmares. Only characters who would choose to protect the realm of dreams.

Because I have been informed that dreamwalking characters are actually pretty limited or rare in fiction (somehow), I will claim one as a non-player character. But yeah, while there are other characters I intended to play as non-player characters, I will only play them if no one has signed up as them by the time the roleplay starts, or if said character has a role as an antagonist, in which if you end up claiming them by chance... well... And yes, original characters from original settings are permitted. That was always the intention.

Also for the characters I would've wanted to play as non-player characters, if they're reserved but not filled by the given due date (that will be a week after signups start, with times in GMT+08, assume that the time limit is the good old 11:59pm), they'll be taken by me like an eagle unless someone else established wanting them before the reserve is taken off.

Very detailed for an interest check, huh? Yeah, sure. So, you in or what? Who you thinking of playing? I'll let you reserve in advanced, but the moment signups start, you've got a countdown of one week before I take your reservation off (if it is a canonical character. No point taking OCs off)

If things go well, signups for the Roleplay will commence on around 20th July, take or give a day or two, with the roleplay starting one to two weeks after signups pop by. A total of 2 to 3 weeks of the RP in the making.

This Roleplay is expected to last a maximum of 3 months, 4 with stretching, but if it exceeds this limit it will continue like normal anyways, since it'll probably be close to ending if we're there.

H7s9UKK.png

(Current Reserves)

Crow Crow - Nemurin (Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku)
LuckycoolHawk9 LuckycoolHawk9 - Holden Matthews (Beyond) & Specific Original Character
P PopcornPie - Nonspecific Original Character
Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 - Darkrai (Pokemon) & Sayaka Miki (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
SilverDingo SilverDingo - Ariadne (Inception)
themagnoliaofutah themagnoliaofutah - The District Attorney from Who Killed Markiplier (Markiplierverse)
Thepotatogod Thepotatogod - Nonspecific Original Character​

Last edited:
Now I'm a bit iffy on letting her be played, but for now I'll just leave her on your reserved spot.

You know, I want to reserve Holden Matthews (Beyond) for now and my OC who can enters dream. ( The one from the original verison three years back)

Well, the District Attorney is kind of a self insert character (like the reader in a Choose Your Own Adventure story), and I have an OC that is my headcanoned version of them.

Well, as long as he fulfils the rather specific character conditions I guess he's fine. If he doesn't you'll just have to box him for another roleplay in this saga.

After searching on him, I assume he's a first person character? That's sort of what I play from time to time myself.

Last edited:
Well, as long as he fulfils the rather specific character conditions I guess he's fine. If he doesn't you'll just have to box him for another roleplay in this saga.

After searching on him, I assume he's a first person character? That's sort of what I play from time to time myself.
Yes they are. Also, because they don't really talk in the source material, I'll try to give them minimal dialogue. Actions speak louder than words.

Yes they are. Also, because they don't really talk in the source material, I'll try to give them minimal dialogue. Actions speak louder than words.
They do end up being trapped in a mirror at the end, so I'm thinking that that acts as a kind of gateway to the Void, which could lead to the Dreamscape.

I thought you'd do something about him entering bodies as a basis for that justification, but what you suggested might work. I take it that he just lives in the Dreamscape these days?

I thought you'd do something about him entering bodies as a basis for that justification, but what you suggested might work. I take it that he just lives in the Dreamscape these days?
They do, which also links to the alternate timelines in A Heist with Markiplier and A Date with Markiplier. (I'm calling them Lou/Louise, for lack of a canon name).

I guess I'll add 'em to the reserves list.

With 7 reserves, I think I should set things up after 3 more reserves if I get that before the 20th.

Well technically I've confirmed that 2 more people who haven't planted their reserves want in so I guess... 1 more reserve before the 20th?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back