• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
"Sure," Silver said cautiously, gently lowering her haunches to sit on the ground. Her body remained tense. "I'm Silver." She waited patiently for Thrush's questions, seeing as she really didn't have many other options. If she ran, where would she go? Nothing smelled familiar here. She couldn't see or detect the nearest exit from her current location. She might as well take mental notes as she spoke with Thrush and gather information about where she is and how to get home.

The two gate guards whisper between each other.
"We can't let a VAMPIRE in!?" The female says to the male guard, whisper screaming.
He flinches and backs up, "Immortality though, we could have it maybe if we let her in." He utters, loud enough for the two of them to hear.

"Well, that entirely depends on-" Her voice is cut off as the male guard pulls the lever and the gate opens.

"We're getting, come on in but don't go biting anyone with those chompers, alright?" He calls down, targeting Lexi directly as the pair on gate-duty share a somewhat mean spirited laugh.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I know you're not some well off foreigners. I don't know what you are, and I don't frankly care." The tom breathes in a weary sigh, his breath rattling in his aching throat.

"You seem to come and go as you please..." He sucks in another breath and he hops down from the wagon somewhat clumsily. "Whatever, however, where it is that you're traveling, could you please take her with you? I don't have the supplies to head home with the two of us, and frankly I think she's seen enough of the road." The tom would meet Trin's gaze. "I'll be back to my settlement in a month or so, just promise me you'll bring her back if yer accepting of my proposal."
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Holly gives Lizeth another shrug and starts back towards the wagon, the calico she-cat close behind her.

Lexi opened her mouth to respond to vampire comment but closed her mouth a moment later. Her brows pivoting down a smidge into an incredulous and unamused expression. Were they really doing this?

“Har har! I forgot to laugh.” Lexi said as she walked through the gate.

“Animals in these rural worlds are always vulgar-“ she grumbled to herself, “-Whatever. Thistle I felt a portal open around here. We’re not alone.” Lexi said to the tom in a lower voice. Her gaze traced over the settlement before landing on a collection of stalls.
“Over there, somewhere in that area is where the portal opened.” The huntress pointed with her eyes to the stall Thrush was just at.

______

Trin’s ears stood at attention. His eyes turning into perfect circles.

“You’re right. We do come and go as we please and we’re not just foreigners. I was hoping you’d forgotten… “ Trin said, letting the silence fill the air. While he watched Ford and searched his eyes for any breaks in his conviction. Any unsureness or doubt. After a long silence Trin sighed.

“I can’t guarantee she’ll come back. You know that. There’s a lot of missing faces since the last time you saw us. She won’t be the same cat once she sees what’s out there. You’re a wise tom… Are you sure this is what you want for her?” Trin asked with a tone of finality. He would take Lizeth, that much was clear. He needed to be sure Ford knew what he was suggesting.

_______

Hunter watched Keesipip working out idly.

“Aren’t you hot?” He asked, looking at her with a cocked brow.

“I don’t…want to hold anyone back.” She replied while panting.

“You should still conserve your energy.” Hunter said, his head following her as she performed a high jump. Upon landing she stopped jogging in place and turned to him.

“I don’t want to have to conserve my energy Hunter.” Keesipip said. Her words targeted and cutting like a scalpel.

“I used to be able to run for days. Now I’m out of breath in 34 seconds.” The she-cat stated matter of factly. Going back to jogging in place.

“…Sorry.” Hunter said after sitting quietly. Keesipip didn’t respond, jogging in place for a little longer before stopping to catch her breath.

“Remind me…hah… to talk about it… later, hah.” She said while panting.

False Lamb twitched her whiskers in dry amusement at Lethe’s behavior. Enjoying his bow. She let out another hiss when another harsh sting shot through her nervous system.

____

The forest green velveteen medic next to Vasteye looked up in thought.

“Any bad thoughts?” She asked the tom curiously.

“Yeah, someone on this ship is really happy that the male suicide rate on her home planet went up?” Vasteye meowed out, looking to the medic for explanation.

“That must be Vizen. She’s fascist.” The medic answered casually, with a wave of her paw.

_______

Malevo sat chatting with her lifeliners. Seeming to be doing some kind of de-brief.

"Nice to meet you, Silver." Thrush mews with a smile. She does everything she can to make Silver comfortable: keeping her voice calm even, giving her space. She even sits against one of the stall walls, leaving a wide passage to the market square in case Silver still feels the need to escape. "Now, you may think I'm crazy when I saw this but you're in a completely different dimension. Another world. I have some friends who can help you find your way back if you'd like to meet them- sorry, I was going to ask questions." She shakes her head as if to clear her mind. "Were you with family or friends before you wound up here? What does your home look like?"

Lethe returns to Vasteye. "Well, the pod was the only trick up her sleeve." he juts his head in False Lamb's direction, "Can you poke around in some heads and see if they have any idea of how to help our friends?" he asks the Guardian. He wants to help as many of their near-death companions as possible, but it seems like hope is slipping away.

"Really?" Thistle questions, Lexi's gaze. "Well, let's go check it out. Lead the way."

Ford let out a small sigh and sagged visibly. "I know I'm just some country tom, but I'm not stupid Trin." His tone isn't defensive but his eyes are weary and his voice is weak.
"I know that, I also know that neither of us will live if I try and scoot us back home with what we've got. As it is, I don't even know if I'll make it back." He inhales, his breath shaky. This whole situation had gone downhill so fast he'd hardly had time to react.

"If she agrees, she's just my apprentice, my only surviving one anyway." The tom sniffs, looking away for a moment before dragging his gaze back to Trin.
"I can't make her do anything, but if she agrees, please just do your best." His voice strains. It's not like they could do worse than him.

"Our home isn't far from that rest-stop. Please bring her there in about two months, if you can."
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lizeth and Holly show up to the wagon. Holly immediately peels off, taking a seat beside it. Lizeth immediately heading towards Ford and Trin, the flower still in her mouth. With a small breathless sigh, she drops it between them, "For Streak." She'd offer, her gaze solemn although her eyes brim with curiousity.

"Bring who where?"
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Trin’s head was pointed down and to left. His gaze on an arbitrary spot on the ground. With his right ear flicking to show that he was listening to Ford. One of his lips pulled back and tight from thought. Almost like a snarl but without baring any teeth and carrying no aggression.

Lizeth’s approach brought Trin’s head up and the dropped flower drew his eyes to it for a split second. Only for the red orbs to flick right back up to Ford.

You. With us. After we drop off the kits Ford wants you to come with my group. An’ bring ya back in two months.” Trin meowed, looking at the empty space just next to Ford’s head the whole time he talked. Only at the end did he turn his head to Lizeth. His expression nonverbally asking for her answer to the obvious but unspoken question hanging in the air.

____

Lexi walked towards the stands at a slightly slower pace than normal. Creeping up to the entrance into the interstitial space between the stalls and poking her head around the corner. Her ears popping up when she spotted Thrush.

“Thrush?” Lexi queried with her eyes glued to Silver. The tone of her voice made it clear she was asking if Thrush was okay or in danger.

Vasteye hummed in thought at Lethe’s suggestion.

“I can do that. I just need someone to prime everyone. I can’t read thoughts nobodies’ having. That’s not completely true but it takes much longer. Just shout out a question or plead, either way’ll work. I need their brains to at least recognize the issue before I can tell how’d they’d solve it; even in ways they’re not fully aware of.” Vasteye explained, a hopeful ember in his voice. He hadn’t thought of doing that, but it was certainly worth a shot.

“How intriguing.” The velveteen medic purred in muted amusement.

"Um-" Silver shook her head, overwhelmed by the mix of questions and information. She paused for a brief moment, processing as she stared at the ground off to the side. She decided that this cat was in fact a little crazy. But how else could she have ended up here? Well, she wasn't in a different dimension, that's for sure. Just somewhere odd where things were...different.

"Well, I'm not a kittypet, if that's what you mean," Silver said, looking back at Thrush. But she didn't have time to hear a response because they were joined by others. Silver locked eyes with the she-cat who spoke, slowly raising her haunches so that she was not quite standing, but not sitting either. Maybe she should just find a way to climb out of here and she would find her own way home. Before attempting that, though, she wanted to see how this interaction would begin to play out.

Thrush cocks her head, face scrunching in confusion. "Kittypet?" Her ears swivel around when the Huntress calls her name. "Hey Lex." she replies casually. "I kinda... found someone. This is Silver. She's lost. Silver, that's my friend Lexi." Thrush turns and gestures to the sabre cat with a paw, brows furrowing for a second. "And my brother."

Another head appears from around the corner. From the shared blue eyes and similar fur color, he is indeed Thrush's brother. Thistle waves.

Lethe nods. "I can do that." The brown tom pads over to Callista's still form. It's strange to see her like this. He hasn't known Callista for long but the entire time she just radiated this kindness and powerful energy. The sheline laying in front of him is stranger; small and vulnerable. Her body tattered, feathers singed and wings broken. Lethe hopes that someone can save these guys. It hurts his heart every time one of their own dies. If things go right, it won't happen again. "Can NOBODY here help my friends? You are the best of the best doctors out there and you're just going to let them lay here and DIE??"

Eyes around the room flicked over to Lethe. Some sympathetic, others shocked, and a few annoyed.

“We assure you we’re trying our best here!” One the nurses said to Lethe, straining to not yell at him.

“That worked.” Vasteye said affirmatively, dragging himself into a sitting position. A grimace popping up on the velvet sheline’s face as he did so. He closed his eyes as a smirk crossed his face. The thoughts across the room were clear and flowed easily.

“I wish we had more blood.”

“He better not pop open his stitches.”

“If only we had another pod.”

“We’re never going to live down losing Milky AND a guardian.”

“We can make her stable if we can just stop the internal bleeding.”

“It would have been better if I kept a closer watch on them.”

“Stars and pulsars the orange one is cute.”

Vasteye’s eyes moved underneath his eyelids as he assessed the easily accessible thoughts. None of which were particularly helpful. But they did unlock the metaphysical gates to their deeper thoughts on the subject. A barrage of memories threatened to flood Vasteye’s head.

Years of medical study condensed down into just a few sentences that specifically had to do with blast injury. Which made sense. The majority of the animals in the room were medically trained; any solutions they had would be based in strict medical terms. Unfortunately most simply pointed back to the obvious. Get more doctors. Some Professor named Gellhein specialized in blast injury at the university of Kavinininidee, Lexi Vettor’s homeworld. Get more blood so that they could just keep replacing the blood they lose. More life pods. Spare organs. More resources. Blah-dy blah, yada yada. It was like Vasteye dying of thirst in the saltiest ocean. Plenty of well educated and likely valid solutions but none were actual options. A couple believed letting the parasite lady in would help but several others believed the exact opposite. There was one errant memory regarding a specific member of the group but Vasteye ignored it because it came from somewhere deeper into the vessel and was shrouded in confusion. Very few thoughts were helping. But one memory did stand out.

Like a light in a dark room it struck him. Primarily because he was in this memory. The silver honed in on the thoughts as he “recalled” himself helping the owner of the memory out of a similar situation. Right from the brink of death he’d helped bring them back.

“Flame.” Vasteye breathed out in an epiphany. Shocked and lost for breath at how he hadn’t realized it sooner.

“I was able to bring Flame back to life. Back on Trin’s planet.” Vasteye said, opening his eyes. His blue oculars adjusted to the harsh lighting in the Med bay. With a grunt he stood to his paws and was swiftly reminded he had a gash in his side.

“Careful!” The velvet medic chided, putting out a paw to help the tom as he climbed down from the bed. The silver tabby limped over to Lethe and Callista.

“Good work Lethe. You did it!” He said, patting him on the shoulder as he squeeze past him. With a grunt of pain he jumped onto the bed next to Callista and laid down. One of the nurse looked to the Velvet medic, the one in charge of him, in response. She gave a placating expression and gesture while Vasteye slowed his breathing. His breath got slower and slower until the length between each breath made the velvet she-cat look to Lethe in worry.

Vasteye “woke up” beside Callista. The guardian looking back at him curiously at first. Then with immense surprise. She was laying just slightly away from where she was in the living plane so that put her and Vasteye within whiskers of one another.

The room looked exactly as it did in the normal plane of existence, just without anyone in it exempt for them three.

“Vasteye. I was hoping I would get to talk to you. I’m not sure how much time I have but you have to keep the group safe. You have the powers of my former friend yet you use them to laze around and meddle.” Callista stated, putting a paw onto the tom’s chest. Her words and manner took him aback. He wasn’t expecting to get any sort of reprimand.

“Wha—Callista. I’m-“

“You need to use your power to it’s fullest. Help them. Not just yourself. You can be so much greater than you are.” Callista cut him off.

“I don’t help myself! You have no idea what everyone’s thinks about on a daily ba—you know what nevermind. Callista I’m here to bring you back.” Vasteye was offended as her implications. His emotions getting the better of him before he could bring his focus back to why he came.

“Yo-…what?” Callista’s paw fell off his chest and she leaned away. Her mouth held open a bit.

“I’m here to bring you back to your body. Like I did with Flame.” The Tom reiterated with a nod of his head.

“No no no no. Why wou- why me?” Callista asked, shuffling away as far as she could on the bed. Which wasn’t very far. She placed on her chest for emphasis.

“Because you’re who the group wanted. If we hurry, I can get to Crimson next. And then Milky.” Vasteye said, gesturing for the guardian to lay back down.

No…you can’t Vasteye.” Callista said solemnly, shaking her head and lowering her muzzle down. There was a silence between them for several seconds, during which Callista looked up at him with large sympathic eyes.

“Hmm?… Why not?” Vasteye finally asked. He was so used to mind reading that not being able to hear them in this plane went over his head. He’d spent several seconds waiting to simply read the answer to his question in Callista’s mind before figuring he need to actually voice it.

“You can’t just bring whoever you want back whenever you want. It doesn’t work like that.” Callista answered, raising her chin and pursing her lips.

“What doesn’t work like that? I brought Flame back.” He asked, cocking his head.

“Yes, you did. Months and months ago. If you try to bring animal after animal back from the dead you’ll attract their attention.” Callista state. Her tone was like that of a mother teaching her son of an unfair truth of the world.

“Who’s atten–“ The tom started but was cut off by a voice to the right, next to the windows looking out into space.

“Ours Vasteye.” Jezebel meowed neutrally, staring at the two of them from her spot next to the windows. The tom looked to her and while surprised, wasn’t shocked. He did notice that there were three animals in the room it just didn’t register to him until now. And he had heard the eldritch horror speaking to him earlier.

“You cannot decide life and death and alter that dichotomy to your personal liking. Only God. Your powers simply allow you to…look through the keyhole from time to time. Peer too much and we will step in.” Jezebel explained. She spoke neutrally, but the contrast of her tone against Callista’s made her sound colder than she was.

“That doesn’t make any sense. If God is literally GOD how can I alter anything? If he’s all powerful how was I able to mess with events when I saved Flame?” Vasteye asked challengingly, his eyes narrowing slightly.

“The same way a child can be simultaneously at odds with and perfectly in line with the wishes of their parents. Growing up your mom did not want you to be messy, but also wanted you to learn how to keep yourself clean. You went against her wishes by being dirty but were also aligned with what she wished. Her will was for you to be clean but her will was also for you to be allowed to be dirty and learn to clean yourself. You being dirty both was and wasn’t what she wanted.” Jezebel answered, licking a paw and running it over her face.

“Then what does your kind have against it?” Vasteye asked, his growing annoyance now leaking into his voice.

“We are servants of God.” Jezebel said bluntly and simply, one of her brows cocking just ever so slightly.

“No! You just said that I can’t really alter anything! So what would you supposed servants need to step in for?” Vasteye growled. Callista purposefully remained silent.

“Are you familiar with chess?” Jezebel asked.

“Answer my question.” Vasteye said, his pupils shrinking a fraction.

“I am speaking to you out of respect descendant of adam. Not because I have to defend myself. The power you have here is what I give you, nothing more. Do not insult me with your distrust and mental games!” Jezebel said, harshly at the end. Vasteye didn’t speak. Chewing his cheek in frustration for a while.

“Yes. I know chess.” Vasteye said through a sigh.

“Let’s say the two of us play chess. But before we do Callista secretly writes an extensive report detailing every move we take, why we take them and when, who wins, and how each player feels after the match. And upon my or your victory Callista then shows us this report. Would you say that Callista’s report means we did not actually play chess?” Jezebel strolled toward the bed as she spoke. Hoping onto it in time with her last question.

“…No?” Vasteye said, confused and annoyed at her nonsense question.

“Would her report mean that she controlled us during the match?” Jezebel asked, cocking her head. Vasteye shook his head.

“You would confidently assert that Callista’s report of our chess game in no way affected the free will we displayed during said game as we made our moves?” Jezebel asked, with a tone of finality.

“Yes. What’s your—what is it that you are trying to tell me?” Vasteye swallowed his impatience and asked the black sheline calmly.

“God is Callista in that scenario. You have the free will to do as you please, and my kind have the free will to do as we please in service to God. He’s just completely aware what everything we will want to do is before we do it. My kind will not stop you from saving Milky or Crimson because an edict has come down from his holiest of holies, the almighty upon the throne, alpha and omega–you get it. We won’t stop you because we got an order saying someone’s messing up his precious timeline or plan. We’ll stop you because that is what we want to do, and what we want to do aligns with what he would like. It is why there is no debating me or anyone else like me out of it. It’d be just as futile as debating you out of trying to save them. It’s also why they won’t come to talk. They’ll come to correct you however they have to.” Jezebel meowed, giving Vasteye a slow nod.

“But why does…your kind, want to?” Vasteye asked. His voice had lost a little of it’s edge and gained a smidge of pleading.

“Because we value the dichotomy of life and death. It is…difficult to explain Vasteye. It is like telling a line what a cube is. Or a kitten the importance of weening them off of something. Words begin to fail to properly convey what need be conveyed.” Jezebel meowed, finally giving Vasteye a sympathetic look.

“You may save Callista. But do not attempt to save Milky or Crimson in this manner.” She added on, gesturing to the guardian.

Vasteye looked back to Callista and she gave him another sorry look. As if to try and placate the tom, she crept over to where her body was and laid down in it’s shadow. The silver tom sat there silently for a long time, looking back and forth between Callista and Jezebel. Until finally the eldritch horror gestured that he go. With a little hesitation he laid back down next to Callista and instantly woke back up.

Beside him Callista’s eyes slowly opened as well.

Lexi padded out from the corner and gave Silver a curt wave of her tail.

“Hi.” She said. Not flexing her muzzle to smile. Leaving her saber teeth the only bones visible on her muzzle. Her eyes looked Silver up and down out of caution.

“Why’d you open a portal here?” She asked. Her blunt tone in stark contrast to Thrush’s.

"Hi," Silver said flatly, not at all please by the company. All this talk about dimensions and portals was making her feel like she'd wandered behind veterinary office and came across some creatures experimenting with discarded medications. "Look, I just want to leave from here. If you could just point me out of...whatever this is, that would be great."

"She's already seen too much."
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lizeth's somewhat downtrodden expression flips into outright shock. "Absolutely not! You need my help." The she-cat would protest, looking at Ford like he'd gone rabid. How could he even suggest something so stupid?
He stares at her plaintatively for a moment before finally meeting her eyes directly. "We don't have enough food and water to get both of us back, I've made the journey solo before. I'll be fine." The tom lets out a breath. "Look Liz, I appreciate your care for me, but I've lost one charge already. I'm not going to let you go too." His voice is surprisingly stern, losing any of the somewhat forced western accent.
For a moment the two of them stare at eachother until the sheline looks over at the others. They don't seem threatening by any means but she doesn't know them and she knows Ford. For heaven's sake they smoke and drink! Still, she'll concede that he'd know better than her.

"I'll do it but I'm going to come back to you." She mews determinedly as the bicolor tom looks away.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you come back.” Trin said in a casual tone, giving Ford one last look before walking towards Hunter.

“Welcome to the group Lizeth.” Trin said over his shoulder.

“What’s going on?” Keesipip asked, looking to the red eyed tom.

“That she-cat’s joining us. At least for a little bit. Think you can get her up to speed?” Trin asked. The ashlander was quiet for a couple moments before nodding.

Lexi looked at Silver with her head cocked slightly, a suspicious glint in her eyes

“Where are you from…exactly?” The sabertoothed she-cat asked.

The velvet medic opened her mouth in awe. Watching as Callista’s vitals stabilized.

“Wow. Impressive.” She whispered out, as Callista readjusted herself to get more comfortable.

Vasteye looked around the room before glaring at the space where Jezebel was in the alternate plane.

“How’d you do that?” One of the doctor’s asked as they began to give Callista more attention and treatment. Hoping to ensure that she would remain stable.
The silver tom ignored the question and jumped down from the bed. Wincing at the pain in his side. His eyes were locked onto to something however and his paws were determined to carry him over to it regardless of the discomfort.

“Jezebel! What the he—!” Vasteye barked as he stormed over to an empty spot by the window. His passionate exclamations ceased in an instant just a step before reaching the glass overlooking Starworld however. It was as though he’d hit an invisible electric fence the way his muzzle stopped, scrunched up, and the tom flung himself backwards onto the ground. And there he laid on his back.

He wasn’t seizing up per se, but freaking out in some way. It closely resembled how your average animal reacted to finding a spider in their fur or feeling a centipede crawling up their back. That grossed and freaked out shiver and cringing. All while on the floor.

As eyes around the room shot to the scene a gray she-cat appeared in the spot he was just storming towards. In the blink of an eye. No fanfare or effects to mark her arrival. She was just there now. And she had her paw to her muzzle and was rubbing her lips softly.

“I apologize Vasteye. I thought you could see me or at least remembered exactly where I was.” Jezebel meowed down at the tom with a subtle tinge of amusement and sympathy. All while eyes around the room were bulging out of their sockets.

Stalker, Aceline, and Rum were all staring at Jezebel, while the rest cast worried looks to Vasteye.

"Just-... outside," Silver said, beginning to get frustrated. Would they even know where she was from? Did this conversation even matter? "It's just the woods a little ways outside a Twoleg village. There's some old crumbly structures in there. Not too close to any thunderpaths and there's a creek deep in the trees."

After Trin turns his head, Lizeth gives him a sort of dirty look from the side. It evaporates quickly though as an athletic looking gray she-cat steps forward. Confusion swirls in her tired gaze. What could there possibly be to catch up on? She wonders but quickly realizes what the man must mean. Streak had told her about the strange window he'd seen them leave through and although Ford had denied any knowledge, she knew he'd seen it too.
Dutifully, she steps forward, eyes expectant as the she-cat comes fully into focus. Although her fur is still damp, in the morning heat, it's already mostly dry. Either that or it seems her medium-length coat dries quicker than most.

"Excuse me, I'm Lizeth, 'm not sure if you remember me from last time." She'd introduce herself awkwardly, extending one of her forelegs so that she's in a bit of a half crouch. A kind of curtsy of sorts.

Ford lets out a shaky breath and turns away as Trin does, making way back into the market with his gun and what ammo remains. Ought to get him enough water to make it far enough to Liberty. She'd certainly share with him when they arrived back there if her word was as good as he thought it was.

"Aunty Jezebel!" Streak exclaims excited, his eyes beaming as he rushes towards the she-cat in question. His coat is still covered in blood and ash but he doesn't seem to notice as he leaps at her, a huge smile plastered on his muzzle.

Flame watches helplessly as his son runs towards the mysterious she-cat but doesn't interrupt.

Holly moves around the wagon to where Hunter is at. "Hey, got a minute?" She'd ask, her eyes meeting his for the first time in a long time.

Filament returns with a funny looking wide-brim hat and a stupid look on his face. "Hey look, I found this on the ground." He'd mew to nobody in particular, the chocolate chip camo pattern looking weird beside his umber fur and grey outfit.

"Yeah, she also said she's not a Kittypet, whatever that is. So she's definitely not from around here." Thrush informs.

Thistle hums, thinking. The tom steps out slowly from behind Lexi. "Silver, do you remember anything happening before you found yourself here? Did the ground shake? Did your fur stand up on end? Did the air smell like lightning?"

"Whoa!" Lethe yelps. Both Vasteye's sudden hurl backwards onto the ground and Jezebel's sudden appearance startle the Ashuli cat. As soon as he's out of his brief panic-stricken frozen state the tom rushes over to the writhing Guardian. "You okay?"

“Malevo. We’re clear to close the portal?” One of the lifeliners called across the room. The she-fox in question looked their way and nodded.

“WAIT!” A familiar voice yelled from the small hallway outside Milky’s apartment. A blue equine with tentacles for hair galloped through the apartment and into the med bay. She skidded to panting stop and ducked her head to catch her breath.

“Fye?” The lifeliner next to the portal questioned while the blurple equid caught her breath.

“Kinda…Fye…Let me…gah!…Fye lent me one of her bodies. I’m a friend of hers. My name’s PIM.” The equid said, struggling to gather her breath.

“Why she would have…realistic lung capacity built in I have no idea.” PIM groaned out, finally raising her head up. Her chest expanding and contracting quickly.

_______

Vasteye shook his head to clear his thoughts. And then shook his head again because the first time didn’t work.

“Um…..yeah. I’m okay.” He meowed out slowly. Staring at Lethe for several seconds before blinking and rolling on to his paws. The silver tom looked over at Jezebel with a baffled expression on his face.

Jezebel caught Streak with one leg and a smile, chuckling slightly.

“Hey Streak. I apologize if I worried you. I’m so happy to know you’re okay enough to jump at me.” She purred, nuzzling him with the side of her head. She slowly relaxed the leg she had around his torso before returning in to the ground.

________

Purple watched Streak and Jezebel with a small, fragile smile. Her paws kneading the floor nervously. Her eyes dragged themselves back over to the form of Crimson on her medical bed. The red sheline now had the least staff monitoring her, with more staff focused on maintaining Callista’s newfound status and trying to do what they could for Milky.

Keesipip took Lizeth’s extended paw as an offer to paw shake. And so she shook the sheline’s paw and gave her a grin.

“I remember you. Keesipip…” The ashlander said, trailing off for a moment to gather her thoughts.

“Sooo…first things first. Do you know about space and other planets and stuff? Does the word multiverse mean anything to you?” Keesipip asked a tad bit awkwardly. At the Symphony she’d seen as ad for an intro course to the multiverse and now wished she’d went to see it. Where exactly was she supposed to start?

________

Hunter watched Filament approach with intrigue. His hat catching his attention. A look of open mouthed amusement grew on his face. It reminded him of something Flame would like; all it needed was a flashlight tied to it. He was about to say something to the tom when his ears flicked in response to Holly’s voice. He looked to her when she addressed him. His eyes skeptically curious.

“Sure. I’ve got time to kill.” He said, standing to his paws.

Lexi looked at Thrush as if she’d just pulled her head off and played bowling with it.

“Kittypet? What’s a kittypet?” Lexi asked, first looking at Thrush only to turn her head to look at Silver; accidentally adding to the barrage of questions.

She couldn’t be from a primitive un-contacted planet, could she? Had the virus already spread that far. Lexi thought to herself.

Last edited:
"Oh heck, I'm so glad you're okay Jez!" Streak would purr, nuzzling her affectionately without any signs of stopping. "I thought you got all blown up but here you are!" The tom would mew enthusiastically bouncing on his paws.

Lizeth startles a bit as she grabs her forepaw but recovers from her surprise quickly, managing to stop herself from toppling over. "Oh I'm glad, Miss." The she-cat would stutter as the she-cat quickly changes subjects. "Of course, the moon, the eart-" Her words are cut short as she looks at the other curiously. "Multiverse?" She'd utter at last, her gaze questioning.

"Does this have something to do with the windows you guys open?"

"Okay, thank you." Holly would mew sincerely, leading the tom a bit away from the others, between a few inoculous market stalls.

Jezebel nuzzled Streak back for as long as he wanted.

“My body was destroyed but I am okay. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for everyone.” Jezebel meowed, looking around the room.

“Then let me or help me save them.” Vasteye stated bluntly.

“I cannot.” Jezebel responded without hesitation.

Keesipip pursed her lips.

“A little yeah. The portals take you to a different universe. And all those universes make up what we call the multiverse.” The ashlander said.

“Oh and eep!—“ Keesipip chirped only for her fur to fluff up when a small portal opened above her and a white ear hit her on the top of the head. The ear flopped down in between her and Lizeth.

Hunter followed Holly over between the stalls, his eyes checking his surroundings for security.

“What did you want to say?” He asked.

"A cat that lives with the Twolegs," Silver replied impatiently. She thought for a brief moment before speaking again. "I don't know. There were some cats that smelled strange nearby and then there was a flash of light. I felt funny, I guess. I don't know what happened."

(So sorry for the late post, y'all. The semester has been busy leading up to finals.)

(Don't worry. Life has to take priority sometimes. We understand.)

"And why the hell not!?" Lethe demands, stomping a few tail-lengths towards Jezebel. "You say you're an "angel" or some dung - stars know you constantly try to convince us you are - and that you have magical powers, so why don't you use them, huh? Do some good, Miss Holier-Than-Thou! Now's your chance! Prove to us how pure and angelic you are by saving their lives!"

Thistle gives Lexi a concerned look. "The outbreak at the Symphony made animals start sneezing open portals all over the place, right? Could this be connected?"

"Whatever the case may be," mews Thrush, "we should probably regroup with everyone. We can continue to untangle her predicament but I think we're attracting some unwanted attention standing here."

Streak is broken from his reverie by a tom he doesn't know well by yelling. He doesn't like the sound, it reminds him of what he'd come from his egg into and his face scrunches up from it's position in her chest fur. "Shut up! I don't like it when you yell!" The tom-kitten would mewl loudly, breaking his embrace, his patchwork pelt bristling in anger. His eyes dance with frustration and he glares at Lethe, bracing himself for something.
He doesn't know what.

Lizeth purses her lips as the Keesipip attempts to explain the multiverse to her. This wasn't making a lot of sense to the calico she-cat at all. "How cou-" Her words are cut off as another window opens above them and what looks like an ear comes twirling down onto the ground before them. "The window..." She'd mutter, peering into it with curiosity in her gaze. Wordlessly, she scoops a rock in her paw and flings it into the gateway.
"There's bad blood between us, I know, I spilled it but-" She's at a loss for words suddenly, as though everything she'd planned to say had suddenly escaped her and her eyes squint in frustration. "It was wrong of me to take advantage of you and demonize you." That was just the tip of the iceberg really but she had to start somewhere. "Not even mentioning what I did to your sister..." She'd trail off for a moment before meeting his gaze squarely.

"I want you to say or do whatever you think I deserve, right here, right now. I don't want you to think I still hold any ill-will to you and for you to vent any if you've got it. Shit's getting real with Undertaker and I'll do anything you need to prove my loyalty."

Hal flings his rifle into the bay as he paces along the boardwalk before letting out a loud angry caterwhaul.

Flame stares at the interaction between his son and Lethe, concerned but curious.

Hunter watched Holly closely and hawkishly at first. Only softening his gaze when her emotions and what she was expressing appeared to be genuine. The tom looked at her only partly sideways, his muzzle a hair away from being agape. After a few seconds his eyes closed and he blew out air as if he’d taken a long drag of some ethereal cigarette.

“…To be honest, I’m still upset that everyone cared about you but nobody cared about me. When Red did something to you animals cared. But when I was violently raped by at least eight she-cats nobody batted an eye. I’m not sure if they expect that I should just like it or what. It’s why I can’t stand when animals assume I’m sleazy or promis-proscu…pro—whatever that word Saraphina used to say! It’s like them saying I must have enjoyed waking up in a cave somewhere beyond exhausted surrounded by animals I don’t know after I literally passed out from the stress. ‘Ol’ sleazy Hunter probably had a grand time. That’s what toms like anyway.’ That’s what it felt like everyone thought.” Hunter meowed, leaning against whatever was closest.

“And the only cat that ever gave me a genuine apology and acknowledged that what happened was bad, was the bloodsucking demon! Idon’teventhink I was ever really that angry at you. You just always umm…stood in front of the sun and left me cold in the shade.” Hunter continued, looking up in thought to try and remember the wording he’d learned from someone on how best to say how he felt.

“Flame’s daughter gets killed—YOU, you get killed, and we’re all up in arms. Off to go catch the killer. Rightfully so. But when I find my daughter dead it’s like everyone deemed it was par for the course. Except my daughter…isn’t out there! I can’t go find another Aceline browsing a-a make-up isle in some multiverse mall. Or reading books in a nice comfy villa.” Hunter grumbled, his eyes flicking up to Holly from their previous position staring at the ground. They went back to zoned out at the dirt a moment later, the emphasis on his last sentence already made.

“All my friends either died or don’t even act like my friends anymore. Then you shot my sister…And she’s gone. She hates me, she’s crazy, and even now she’s faking it. I didn’t get my sweet joyful sister back, she’s just pretending. She can fool all you guys but she can’t fool me. When she’s just woken up she has that sour look on her face. Her hugs aren’t real they’re forced. The pressure is different, like someone pretending to want to be close to you, not really wanting to. But I just go along with it because at least we can pretend to be happy….. and nobody gave a fox-dung f**k. You were still in the group, as if all you did was wet the bed. Just another example of Holly getting special treatment for existing.” Hunter kicked the ground.

“Then I get left for dead! And the only one who thinks to look for me is Deciet. Oh and you being the one who pulled the big heroic stunt to help them leave was only salt in the wound. Just another patch of dirt kicked in my face. The only animals that show me any respect are mobsters and spies. While everyone else acted like I was just being a brat for daring to be angry at everything that’s happened to me. I get raped, see my sister get her brains blown out- my LAST sister by the way, tossed into some alien sea, and wake up only to find out that it wasn’t my friends that I stuck by through all the mud and muck we’ve gone through that saved me. No. It was False Lamb and Deciet staring back at me. YOU ALSO KILLED BY BEST FRIEND if you remember. So yeah, I lashed out. Everyone looks at me like I’m some monster for shooting Keesipip as if I didn’t know she had two hearts and as if it wasn’t her species that did that To. Me… No really apology from her either.” Hunter groaned and pressed against the tarp wall, sliding down into a sitting position.

“………..Your Bailey’s fine… My kits. Are dead. Just Rum, Jass, and Italia left. 3 out of 8. Like some sort of sick joke reminding me I can’t keep the animals I want to safe. But you can. You don’t even need to try. The group’ll go GET your animals for you. They’ll launch a whole operation for you. Especially Trin. He’ll toss me in to a pit of ravenous shelines without a care, but for you? He’ll toss someone down a mountain for touching you…” Hunter said, staring at nothing. Falling into silence, his ears not even flicking or moving at the sounds of animals around the settlement.

“…Sorry for kissing you a while ago by the way. And sorry about Red.” Hunter said after a long silence.

Lexi gave Thistle a “that’s exactly what I was thinking” look before nodding her agreement with Thrush.

“Come on Silver. There’s someone who probably knows what you are and where you’re from.” The huntress said, nodding her head for Silver to follow them back over to the wagon.

“Portals.” Keesipip corrected Lizeth in as non-rude of a way she could.

“Hey Triiiin.” The ashlander called.

“Yes?”

“Come here.” She said, pointing at the ear. The tom stepped over to them and looked down at it.

“…That’s odd.” Trin said, cocking his head.

The lifeliner standing next to the portal adopted a sitting position similar to to what Trin did when he was interacting with portals. A moment later the massive portal that led to Milky’s apart closed. Slower than usual, most likely due to it’s size. As it was closing, a rock flew across the apartment.

“Debrief.” Malevo said a moment later, gesturing her lifeliners over to her by the line keeping the plushie parasite back.

________

Jezebel looked at Vasteye and then Lethe.

“No.” She said simply and definitively. Then she stroked her tail down Streak’s back once to communicate he didn’t need to be on edge.

“You can save them. I will not.” The black she-cat said, looking at Lethe neutrally. Vasteye’s expression also showed that she was most likely talking to him telepathically as well.

An internal battle takes place in her as Hunter makes some points that she admittedly can't deny. She doesn't understand why but he's right. Nobody ever took notice of what he'd been through. The focus had always been her. Since day one when she'd been retrieved by the group. What Red done to her was unspeakable but she'd not beared that same incident eight times over, it'd been once and she finds herself at a loss for words. Even if she could find them, she doubted she'd interrupt, he clearly had a lot to say and she finds herself agreeing with him. He's not even close to being done and the only word going through her mind is "sorry" like that would mean anything. She'd been here acting like the world was ending on her account when compared to her he'd been through so much more.

She's quivering now as he continues and as he slides against the wall, she mimics him, sliding down the stall wall opposite of him, unable to bear her own weight any longer. His children were dead, his friends had deserted him and although most of the group treated her badly, she still had Bailey; thanks to them and Speed. Jesus christ what the fuck was her problem anyway. As he utters his apologies an twitching sigh escapes her and she brings her gaze to his.

"No, fucking no. I'm sorry." She'd start, her voice surprisingly steady despite the emotions rushing through her, ones she'd not had to confront until this moment. "I'm sorry shot your sister and Flame. That kiss, doesn't even come close." She let's out a humorless laugh. "You're not even a bad kisser." She'd admit, lowering her gaze to the ground for a moment before she processes what she'd said about Red.

"You didn't do that to me, Red did. Shit..." she'd trail off, staring off into space before quickly correcting herself.

"I'm sorry for what I did to you, I know my words don't mean anything but I promise I'll have your back from now on. You deserve better than what you've gotten, what I've given you. You're a good tom, Hunter and I had no right to do the things I've done."

"That what you call the windows? Portals?" Lizeth would utter, tasting the word on her tongue. She supposed it did sound better than calling them windows. With a small timid breath, she'd move forward, flicking the ear with her paw. "It belong to anyone you knew?" The she-cat would say, unconsciously pronouncing the owner dead already.

"This happen often?" She'd ask Trin and Keesipip simultaneously.

Streak bristles even more. "No he's being rude!" The tom would snarl obstinately, bearing his tiny teeth at the tom in question.

"Um-" Silver twitched her tail doubtfully and hesitated before stepping forward to follow the other two cats. "Okay..." Silver glanced around cautiously. What kind of unwanted attention could they be attracting? And what did that mean to the cats she was with? They were most certainly not like her. What kind of predicament did they expect to get into?

Lethe takes a steadying breath. His gaze breaks away from the eldritch horror to settle on Streak and immediately the anger building in his green eyes melts away. He will not raise his voice at a kit. "Sorry for yelling, Kitto." Upon hearing Jezebel's answer, Lethe barks out a mirthless laugh. "Oh, you will not save them. I see. So you have the ability to save them but just choose not to. What a kind thing for a supposed angel to do." Lethe wants to curse out Jezebel so badly but apparently Streak will pitch a fit if he does and he's already upset as is.

The Ashuli tom growls in frustration and begins to pace. "Okay. It's okay. It's fine it's just their lives on the line right now. We can do this. We can figure out how to save them." Lethe wracks his brain for ideas. Everything immediately after the explosion is fuzzy. He does remember something after getting his hearing aids installed. Someone saying they're a specialist! 'You stay behind that line...' Looking around the room, most of the medical staff are busy tending to their patients the best they can: stitching up wounds, wrapping burns or just sitting by the unconscious animal in their care and comforting them in some way. He spies a pair of medics, one whispering soothing words to their patient even though they most likely can't hear. The other simply petting the injured animal's head-fur while gazing down at them with a deep grief in their eyes. But off to the side stands a she-cat that looks like a stuffed toy given life. She doesn't move an inch from where she stands. Lethe stalks over to her.

"You're on the medical team, right? Why are you just standing over here?" the tom questions.

As soon as they return to the main drag of the marketplace, Thistle swivels his head left and right, easily spotting who they're looking for. Trin and Keesipip stand close together and they appear to be looking at something on the ground. "Hey Trin, we found a new cat her name is Silver.... What's going on?" Approaching them, he sees they're all focused on the ground and the young tom follows their collective gaze to the white ear just lying in the dirt. "Is that...?" Thistle brings a paw up to his muzzle, "Isthatanear?" he whispers rapidly, looking up at everyone gathered for an answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back