What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Sub Genres
  1. Action
  2. Adventure
  3. AU
  4. Multiverse
  5. Warrior Cats

LDR Ford

Black Lungs
Luther didn't much care for rules and regulations and so he rode his hover-scooter across town during Fye's speech. He'd heard her before and didn't much care for machines, especially after the night before when his career had almost been decimated by one such robot. When he arrived he parked his scooter and hopped off, depositing his helmet and coat in the seat and then clicked a button on his PDA. It went skyward and hovered above the parking lot, freeing up a little space.

Without much fanfare, he rang the buzzer.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Holly awoke a bit startled but not as much as usual. "What's wrong?" She mewed curiously before recognizing an unfamiliar voice.
"Ugh. I was having a good dream." She groaned, rubbing her artificial leg with her organic one. "How'd you sleep?" She'd ask, looking over at her mate.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Having grown up fairly well off, Filament was familiar to waking up to this particular voice. He didn't startle out of bed or anything like that, just slowly rose out of bed. He felt a bit sore from the ship-washing but other than that everything seemed to be in working order.

Streak followed after the others and his eyes grew in delight. This was something he'd obviously never seen before and it showed in his body language. The tom was completely alert and his pupils were huge.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pestilence roused, slightly confused and agitated. "Who's there?" He muttered, looking around the room for some kind of idea of where it was coming from.

Flame woke up beside Aceline, a little tired but curious. "You hear that?" He asked.

(Not feeling all that great so sorry for low energy. I'll try and pick it up as we move forward.)

Moonsound

Aceline looked around the room before nodding to Flame.

“Mhmm. I don’t recognize the voice though.” She answered drowsily as she stood to her paws.

Purple gasped and flicked her head to look at who’d spoke, while Bailey just glanced over. RTrin tensed up when Thrush yowled, his fur bristling for a split second. After the initial shock was over, he turned his head to look back at Thrush while chuckling. Both at his own startling and her comment.

“But that would have ruined the surprise.” Trin meowed. His eyes following Thrush lovingly as she moved from behind him to his side.

“Good morning. Happy Symphony day.” Trin offered sweetly, licking ear.

PIM was the one to answer the door buzzer, pulling open the metal barrier with a neutral expression.

“You received a fine on your vehicle.” Was the first and only thing PIM had to say to Luther. Without another word she turned and went about her business.

“Perfect. We were waiting for you two.” Nastiel said, gesturing to Luther and the defected demon then ushering them over.

“We’ve got some time but not a lot. We need to brief you all, get dressed, and then actually get to the stadium.” Nastiel explained, reaching into the crate and heaving out a gray digital camouflage vest.

“Hah-how are we getting there?” Lulalissa asked while she purposefully mirrored Nyx’s yoga-esque stretches. The Mia’Moray wasn’t quite as limber though and would look at Nyx incredulously when she couldn’t quite stretch as far as the wolf could or keep the proper form.

“We teleport and then walk the rest of the way. All portals are blocked in a mile radius around the stadium for security.” Nastiel explained as the masked security animals pulled out more and more vests of the same pattern.

“Caaan we eat breakfast first?” Speed asked innocently. Nastiel snorted and had to physically block his mouth to suppress a snicker.

“You all can eat while I brief you, it’s not complicated. But I’d like to get this done quickly so we can get going and hopefully get to the stadium before the general public is allowed inside.” Nastiel meowed with a hint of amusement in his voice.

L’Anne was working double time, making waffle after waffle as everyone was waking up. She managed to get a plate in front of Streak earlier and now was headed out to place a stack of them in front of Thrush.

False Lamb wandered out of the office and looked around the room aimlessly. Once she spotted Trin she squinted but did nothing else, content to just watch Nastiel and his security pull equipment out of the crate. Vests, then communication devices, and lastly weapons. As they were doing so Nastiel displayed that he could freely switch between walking on all fours and walking on two legs.

Speed was doing pretty much the same thing as False Lamb except she was happily eating a donut glazed waffle.

Vasteye was busy chuckling to himself, enjoying hearing everyone’s thoughts as they were awoken by Fye. Receiving a curious and confused stare from Lexi in doing so.

Firestorm of TempestPack

We all Vibe and we all Die
Thistle's answer is a tad hesitant, easing out of his defensive stance upon realizing there is no threat. "I slept well." He shuffles his front paws awkwardly. "Are you hearing that voice?" The tom looks to the window and yes, it is still firmly shut. "There's... There's no one else in here, right?"

Thrush laughs at the reaction she managed to get out of Trin. "God moren. Glaðr Symphony Day. How are you all this morning." She leans forward to look around Trin so she can address Purple and Bailey. "Is the... breakfast tasty?" Her eyes drift to the plates of food resting at their paws and as always, she can't put a name to the foreign dish. L'Anne trots by and leaves Thrush her own plate of waffles. "Oh! Takk L'Anne." She calls as the bovine-deer agent of Haven hurries back inside.

Lethe pads over to False Lamb when he notices the mobster sitting by herself. "Good morning. How are you feeling?" There is a flash of genuine concern across his features as he asks this. She had looked half dead when Trin and the others returned from wherever they disappeared to. Limp, bleeding and barely responsive when he carried her. Thank the stars above for that magic machine.

Nyx bends her head down with a wince, apparently a little sore from last night's sleeping arrangement.

LDR Ford

Black Lungs
"Me neither." Flame replied, staring drowsily about the room. "Trin probably has an idea of what's going on." The tom would mew, giving the she-cat in question a reassuring look. "We should probably head downstairs and find him." He mewed, jumping out of bed and landing nimbly on the floor.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Luther shrugged his shoulders. "Thanks for the update." The tom would mew, surprisingly not smelling of any substances, even cigarettes. In fact his noir detective get-up was clean and lacked any kind of distinctive odors, even cologne. His attention was quickly directed to Nastiel, "Sorry about that. Not much of a walker." He remarked, knowing that the soldier likely didn't care that years of smoking had eroded his cardio.

Once the vest is out, he looks between it and the other male. "Do these vests have plates or are they just load bearing?" The tom would question, revealing that although he had military training in the past, the information eluded him this morning.

Having already eaten, he moved forward to examine the military crates.

"I don't see anyone." Holly would confirm,heading towards the bathroom and catching sight of the note under the door. She'd read it and then head towards the racing suit, which had been left beside the bed. She put it on with a little struggling and looked up at Thistle. "Seems like they might be waiting on us. Should probably get ready."

Hal crept out of bed and moved towards the bathroom. He took a quick shower, had himself blow-dried off and headed downstairs into the living room. His eyes visibly lit up when he saw the military crates. His mouth opened and he let out a barely audible, "Oh."

Moonsound

False Lamb looked over at Lethe from the corner of her eyes. Releasing a short subtle sigh as she did so.

“Pathetic and helpless.” False Lamb stated in what probably should sound like a grumble but came out much more like a polite assertion. The white she-cat let out a yawn, covering her maw with a paw.

“I hate that fee–...needing help.” She muttered, her mouth fighting itself to even let the words come out.

Aceline got up and leapt off the bed after Flame.
“Sounds like a plan. Something smells good.”

Trin smiled with intrigue when Thrush spoke her native language. The tom couldn’t help but mouth out a word or two to see how they felt over his tongue. Trin opened his mouth again to answer but was beaten to the punch by the young ones.

“It’s soooo good!” Purple purred in delight.

“Really really good.” Bailey droned.

“That’s alright. And are armored. The vests will withstand a high caliber kinetic weapon from point blank range and disperse the heat from most thermodynamic weaponry at 30 yards or further.” Nastiel answered Luther with a nod.

“Each communicator is analog with a built-in psychic link adapter to ensure communication at all times.” He added on. Lexi padded over to the crate and peered inside, her tail and ears straightening up when she spotted something. At the bottom of the crate along with the collection of pamphlets, papers, rations, and other miscellaneous equipment was an interesting assortment of apparel. Lexi lifted her top half out of the crate with a piece of fluffy orange underwear in her muzzle.

“Wuts ‘iss?” Lexi asked, crossing her eyes to look at the garment in her mouth.

“Ah yes, standard issue God-Ring public Inter-dimensional event safety garb 00-2. Filed under and considered just as essential as gas masks and any other CBRN equipment.” One of Nastiel’s security said half-sarcastically.

“So-“ Lexi dropped the garment at her paws, “-what is it?” She asked, with a cocked brow and an expression demanding a serious answer.

“They’re panties that match your fur.” The female of the three guards answered with amusement.

“Yeah. I put you all into the system last night and they sent over this crate with all the essentials. You don’t think about it, but there are a lot of species that look very similar to us but still wear full clothing. And when these species, or any species that finds us attractive happen to coalesce at large events you get a bunch of animals looking at security in a completely different way than you want them to. More specifically from behind.” Nastiel answered lightheartedly.

Technically it’s mandated that we all wear them. But you don’t have to. No one’s going to report you because most don’t wear them.” One of the guards chimed in. Lexi hummed in intrigue before putting on the underwear with a unbecoming giggle.

“Oh that’s so—Weird! They never gave these to hunters or huntresses.” Lexi warbled excitedly, looking at her butt with wide eyes.

“If you adjust it correctly it’ll blend right in.” The female guard commented. Now even more curious, Lexi adjusted the garment until it meshed perfectly with her fur.

“Ha! Look at that. That’s so weird. Do animals actually oogle–“ Lexi cut herself off when all four of the God-Ring animals began nodding their heads to her unfinished question.

“I got mine tailored; they saved my life once. I was fighting this rabbit during a pirate raid and the camp’s hidden on these floating magnetic mountains right? So he figures out that we’ve got them beat and decides that he’ll take me out with him. So he tackles me over the edge and guess what part of my kit snags a tree root? Not my vest, or gun mount, or any of the wires or bags I’ve got on me. The root catches my ‘essential safety garb’! So I’m dangling there, hanging by a fuzzy purple band, my headset’s hanging off, and I’ve got this wanna-be martyr rabbit flailing around on my chest while I’m trying to hold on to HIM so that HE doesn’t fall! My team found me a couple minutes later and pulled us up. All in all, good raid. No deaths, no escapees. And now I wear them for good luck.” The female guard shot off into a story.

“W-w-wait...you’re telling me...that you’re purple? You don’t sound purple AT ALL!” One of the other guards said. The female guard lifted her goggles to show the lavender fur around her yellow eyes.

“Shut up.” She said, rolling her eyes playfully before replacing her goggles.

“You guys don’t have to wear the underwear but you do have to wear the vests and the communicators. All God-ring security will be wearing the same pattern, all non-God-Ring forces have been restricted from wearing a similar pattern today. If they’re not wearing gray digital, they’re not us. Each vests has four magazines. The first magazine is rubber bullets marked by the purple paint, the next three are real bullets. Any animals you see with yellow paint on their magazines means they are carrying taser rounds. As God-Ring security we pride ourselves on being tactful and kind but do not hesitate to riddle someone with rubber bullets. If that doesn’t work someone with taser ammunition will show up and apply what they think to be a proper amount of electricity. If THAT doesn’t work then you are authorized to use lethal ammunition. Even then you’re still not trying to kill animals, you’re trying to get them to stop what they are doing. Animals need to trust that God-Ring security is not going to kill or permanently maim them or their friends and relatives, even when they’re in the wrong. So let’s get dressed.” Nastiel explained, putting on one of the vests himself. The guards did the same, swapping out their vests for the gray digital ones. Lexi put on her vest and shook her body.

“This isn’t too heavy.” Lexi commented. Vasteye padded over to the crate and put on his vest and helped Lulalissa do the same. Saraphina slipped her vest on and hummed when the fabric didn’t singe or sizzle on her body. While the black sheline discussed with Nastiel why the vests worked with her, Speed ferried two vests out onto the balcony for Trin and Thrush.

“Did you sleep well?” Lula asked Nyx curiously while Vasteye tightened and loosened the vest around her torso. She also took a curious glance at Hunter who was fishing through the bottom of the crate to find underwear that matched his fur.

L’Anne had finished setting out plates of waffles on the bar counter for everyone who hadn’t come down yet and was now giving Nastiel and his guards waffles.

Firestorm of TempestPack

"Good... Good..." Thistle takes a breath to steady himself. "If you're ready, let's go." As he pads to the door he shakes out his fur and each of his limbs to rid himself of that tense energy. He holds the door open and gives a little bow. "After you."

"I don't know what exactly happened during your little... excursion last night but you almost died . It's perfectly fine to need help." Lethe sits down next to the mobster, careful to give her space, "I'm sure it must be strange for someone of your profession and status to work with others like this but we're a team. It's our duty to help each other. When one of us falls, we'll be right there to pick them up again."

The ex-soldier looks over at False, frowning lightly when her gloomy mood isn't lifting. "My sister Adrianna was notorious for being stubborn, I'll tell you what I told her: 'Knowing when to ask for help is strength in its own right'." Lethe smiles and leans over to bump shoulders with the white sheline. "I'm glad you're still here, False. If you're worried about being viewed differently because of last night, I think your still as intimidating as ever."

Thrush bends down to take a bite of the pastry. As she chews she moans in delight. The waffle itself is warm, fluffy, buttery and the sauce drizzled on top is oh so sweet. She briefly wonders if someone told L'Anne that she has a sweet tooth. "Purple, Bailey, what are you looking forward to the most today?"

"Well enough," Nyx answers, "I am not accustomed to crashing on the floor like you full-time adventurers are. What about you? Did you sleep well?" The demoness takes her turn digging through the equipment crate. Being the tallest of the group, she only needs to reach into the crate with one leg. One ear faces Lexi's direction while she searches so the Huntress knows she's listening.

LDR Ford

Black Lungs
Holly gives Thistle a nod and heads out the door. "Such a gentletom." She coos as she passes through the doorway, looking over her shoulder for him before heading down the hallway. She has no trouble going down the stairs with her artificial limb. There's several soldiers and a crate in the middle of the room, which catches her by surprise.

"Wow, God-Ring is going all out for this, I guess."

Luther took off his coat, and set his shoulder holster beside the crate. Finding gear in his size wasn't hard and he donned everything with a certain elegance. It'd been awhile since he'd worn tactical gear but it was clear that his training hadn't failed him. He slipped his pistol into a holster on his left foreleg, suggesting that he had some familiarity with paw-held shooting.

Flame made his way out of the room and down the stairs, with Aceline hopefully following close behind. The sight that greeted him was unusual but not at all unfamiliar. He remembered when that otter-dog had taken them to an armory and given him a rifle like it was yesterday. He caught what one of the soldiers said about non-lethal rounds and managed to stop himself from laughing. What a joke. He was going to load lethal rounds into his weapon as soon as he had some privacy.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hal started to put on his uniform but he was a bit clumsy on account of his artificial limb. He himself had never heard of tactical underwear but he decided to wear it. Any extra layers couldn't hurt and he found Lexi's bewilderment slightly amusing. God-Ring never really made much sense to him, they had so many odd customs and traditions. He supposed in the end it didn't really matter what he thought, they had finally chose to ally themselves with the Alliance survivors as they should've from the beginning.

Moonsound

False Lamb held a neutral incredulous expression, not buying anything Lethe had to say. Up until he bumped her which forced a smirk on to her muzzle.

“You’d better.” She said in a playful tone of voice, looking at Lethe out of the corner of her eye.

Purple lit up when Thrush asked her and Bailey a question.

“The food and drinks! O-ooh ooh, and all the aliens!” Purple chirped ecstatically, her head wobbling as though she were squealing.

“The music.” Bailey chimed in eagerly but also shyly. The young tom was a bit put off by Purple’s audacious energy, maybe even a bit self-conscious of his own demeanor.

“I slept great! And my cold’s completely gone so I feel great too! Sorry about your sleeping arrangements.” Lula purred, giving the she-wolf a sympathetic look.

“These are weird huh?” Hunter asked, looking at Lexi and Hal, while stretching his rear leg. The brown tom was referencing the underwear all three of them were wearing.

“Do I get a weapon?” The demon defector asked innocently enough, looking around at all the God-Ring gear.

Firestorm of TempestPack

Lethe chuckles, happy to see that False is starting to get back to her normal self. At least, from what he can tell. "We should probably get something to eat before we ship out." He looks to the kitchen where L'Anne is still hard at work cooking.

Thistle descends the stairs next to Holly, ready to catch her if the need arises. Thankfully, it doesn't. Holly seems to be getting along just fine on her new leg. "Wow... Uh... yeah..." He exhales, getting his first look at what lies in the main room of Milky's apartment. "Serious business this time. Official God Ring business. Weird."

"Good to hear that you're feeling better." Nyx finds a pair of black underwear that’s her size, casually stepping into them and pulling them up over her rear. She slides her tail through the tail-hole and adjusts the garment so it is comfortable and blends in with her fur. The canid demon waves a paw in dismissal. "Don't you worry about me. It's good to have a hard reminder of where I am now. Plus, adventurers like yourself need to adapt and make-do, correct?"

She frowns down at the armored vest lying by her paws. "Next Symphony-" The she-wolf points at Lexi, fixing her with a stern look, "-we're going. We're getting the full experience. No excuses." Her expression falters as she adds, "That is, if all goes well and demons are still allowed."

"Hmm?" Thrush inquires through another mouthful of pancake. She swallows before continuing, "Yeah? I'm excited for the music, too. It'll probably be the only thing I can enjoy while working..." There is a momentary pause, "Now Purple-" Thrush levels her gaze on the young sheline, "Do you promise to limit your sugar intake today? It sucks to be sick but it's even worse to be sick at a fun event like the World's Symphony." Her tone isn't harsh, just calm, like this isn't her first time dealing with a troublesome kit.

Users who are viewing this thread