• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MARVEL: The Imperative Annihilation [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
It would be nice if my RPNation didn't keep popping up notices that make me think "Oh, one of my games has a game reply!" only to find out "Nope, it's just more chatter."

It would be nice if my RPNation didn't keep popping up notices that make me think "Oh, one of my games has a game reply!" only to find out "Nope, it's just more chatter."
I would say same, but I also hate when I don't receive OOC notifications and end up losing the whole chat because of it.

And you can not use Discord, I guess.

Either way, someone tag me if we do get a Discord. Otherwise, I'm following KnightofNight's suggestion and unfollowing for the sake of my sanity.

And I appreciated the suggestion enough to follow it. :) Thank you!

In my eyes, we're in that tough spot where one of us is going to have to deal with OOC in a way they don't want to. I guess we'll see which direction the game host wants to go, since I imagine they'll be the swing vote. In the meantime, no hard feelings from me or meant from me.

You weren't really helping, though. And technically they just told you what you were telling them. If you don't want to use discord, then don't use discord.
They seemed to not know you could do that though? Plus someone choosing to remove themself from ooc chatter is different than someone being forced out of ooc chatter due to work related issues.

Epiphany Epiphany
Oh so tone issues caused by text chat? It's all cool then.

And the IC is up! You can respond to either given situation! Or maybe you're on a mission for yourself? I dont know! But good luck!
(oh, kasigi kasigi we should discuss what Ultron is going to do in the meantime. Cuz y'know he's our evil, sexy metal-man after all.)

And the IC is up! You can respond to either given situation! Or maybe you're on a mission for yourself? I dont know! But good luck!
(oh, kasigi kasigi we should discuss what Ultron is going to do in the meantime. Cuz y'know he's our evil, sexy metal-man after all.)
What are your thoughts on a discord chat for this RP?

Yeah, everyone is going to start in New York. And from there, we'll work around the world.

I-I mean... I personally don’t use discord, just because new things make me anxious (obviously). I like the site just fine, but that doesn’t mean everyone else shouldn’t use it.

We currently have 5 votes for discord, 1 for no discord and 1 don't care amongst the 15 approved members.

Also, finished my second character Booperboy Booperboy . Would appreciate if you could check it once you're free. Decided to copy RI.a and put it in a tab together with my original sheet.

We currently have 5 votes for discord, 1 for no discord and 1 don't care amongst the 15 approved members.

Also, finished my second character Booperboy Booperboy . Would appreciate if you could check it once you're free. Decided to copy RI.a and put it in a tab together with my original sheet.
You're welcome? xD

ALSO asgardian! I can't wait for Torunn and Asgeir to meet!

Here's the thing to consider with a Discord though: the generally much greater number of messages and the resulting comparative lack of permanence thanks to a denser, minute by minute backlog make it that much easier for people to not actually get OOC chatter they might be interested in or the ability to actually weigh in on things in any relevant manner, which is important.

For instance, here I am talking about the subject some 2 hours after it was brought up. I read, what, a dozen messages total and I got the info I needed and get to be included. In a Discord a 2 hour window kills the discussion, it's done on the moment and if you're not there at that exact time well tough luck. That whole "oh well if you don't join you don't get to have a voice"? It happens even with people who do join the Discord.

In an OOC thread, unless people obsessively post over absolutely every little thing, it's easy to have a transparent, public discussion over important game aspects and communicate things clearly with everyone else in the game. Take that away and you're just asking for players to isolate themselves into cliques that don't interact IC or worse, they end up spending more time talking about post ideas in the Discord rather than actually posting.

I mean we've been communicating here just fine, haven't we?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back