• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MARVEL: The Imperative Annihilation [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
You're welcome? xD

ALSO asgardian! I can't wait for Torunn and Asgeir to meet!
Sounds like something who'd totally end up as a disaster. Torunn is, well, very Thor and Asgeir is basically a younger and not chaotic evil Loki.

Sounds like something who'd totally end up as a disaster. Torunn is, well, very Thor and Asgeir is basically a younger and not chaotic evil Loki.
does that mean you are not excited about their meeting? :/

It looked like the majority wanted it but we could wait for everyone else to give their opinion.
A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN ASGARD

Zerohex Zerohex
Too long, didn't read.
Jokes aside, it's not like people are planning to completely dismiss the OOC. In my experience, a discord chat for more casual conversation always helps with keeping the hype about the roleplay alive. Plus, the fact that I can be a prick and tag people to remind them I'm waiting for an answer is also pretty neat.

Zerohex Zerohex
Too long, didn't read.
Jokes aside, it's not like people are planning to completely dismiss the OOC. In my experience, a discord chat for more casual conversation always helps with keeping the hype about the roleplay alive. Plus, the fact that I can be a prick and tag people to remind them I'm waiting for an answer is also pretty neat.
^this

See, in my experience Discords tend to make people completely dismiss the OOC even if they don't mean to, because it's an instantaneous, constant rapid-fire string of messages, to the point that things are decided and announced in it and if someone didn't catch that or weren't told they're fucked. And it leads less to hype about the game and more to just...not playing the game? Like the interest is still there but it turns into just hanging out talking about how cool these things your character could do are instead of actually having them happen. The Idea Guy of roleplays scenario.

See, in my experience Discords tend to make people completely dismiss the OOC even if they don't mean to, because it's an instantaneous, constant rapid-fire string of messages, to the point that things are decided and announced in it and if someone didn't catch that or weren't told they're fucked. And it leads less to hype about the game and more to just...not playing the game? Like the interest is still there but it turns into just hanging out talking about how cool these things your character could do are instead of actually having them happen. The Idea Guy of roleplays scenario.
As for the announcements part of your reply, you can pin messages in discord so people don't miss important information. Also, wouldn't talking about the RP make one more excited about the RP?

do you both mind if I write that we are heading out from the facility? Or are one of you already writing xD which mission would you want to go for- kidnapping or robbery?
No, go ahead. I've just been staring at my screen for an hour haha.

As for the announcements part of your reply, you can pin messages in discord so people don't miss important information. Also, wouldn't talking about the RP make one more excited about the RP?

See, you'd think talking about the game would turn into excitement about the game. But then the instant message and response situation and the fact that it's much easier to rapid fire cool ideas about all the stuff the characters would totally do, rather than actually post to make them reality in scenarios where you'll meet opposition and even fail, lead to Discord chatter effectively cutting down on posts. It's quite something.

See, you'd think talking about the game would turn into excitement about the game. But then the instant message and response situation and the fact that it's much easier to rapid fire cool ideas about all the stuff the characters would totally do, rather than actually post to make them reality in scenarios where you'll meet opposition and even fail, lead to Discord chatter effectively cutting down on posts. It's quite something.
I've never seen that happen but alright lol

Keep an eye out for it man, compare amount of time spent talking in a Discord about character potential/future arcs/power vs actual game pacing and things being done.

Keep an eye out for it man, compare amount of time spent talking in a Discord about character potential/future arcs/power vs actual game pacing and things being done.
Personally, I don't see myself not replying to the IC thread because I'm just chatting in the discord. Or I could do both like I've done in the past. It isn't that hard to multitask.

Honestly, I don't see how that can happen. Putting aside the fact that you need to have some really weird priorities to favour the roleplay's discord over posting, at least in my experience the discord server on itself often motivates you into posting when you'd otherwise be stuck.
tl;dr: wasn't joking about tagging people to ask for posts.

I kind of want to post for my two characters at the same time so I'll just wait till Asgeir is accepted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back