• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Many Will Fall [OOC Chat]

I'll check out roll20 and see what I can do there!

I tried with paint and I might use it if I'm getting desperate. Either way, a more detailed map will be coming soon.
Excited :) I don't mind what you do, I'm just looking forward to continuing the rp

Roll20 is great! There's free tokens you can use, and you can just import any map as you see fit. I use it all the time for my dnd campaigns, it's a pretty solid.

First, thank you for the recommendation, I think I might just use this solely once this map is done!

Second, how can I share the roll20 map? I managed to get it working and I'll be updating it regularly as we progress.

Second, how can I share the roll20 map?
I've been thinking about this. I reckon maybe we can all join the game, and if you don't assign any tokens to any players none of us will be able to move tokens all willy-nilly. It would be like using Roll20 normally, but removing all the communication and actual rping from the site, and keeping it here on RPN. That way we could just check the game on roll20 whenever we need to and not worry about anything.

I've been thinking about this. I reckon maybe we can all join the game, and if you don't assign any tokens to any players none of us will be able to move tokens all willy-nilly. It would be like using Roll20 normally, but removing all the communication and actual rping from the site, and keeping it here on RPN. That way we could just check the game on roll20 whenever we need to and not worry about anything.

Alright, I can do that. Do I just copy and paste a link? I'm not seeing any "share" option.

Also, Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire I appreciate that clever connection between your trait and your character. xD That did give me an idea though. I might include additional passive effects to your traits that are suited for non-combat situations.

Alright, I can do that. Do I just copy and paste a link? I'm not seeing any "share" option.
There's a button called 'Invite Players' that you can click, and then from there you can copy a link thats down the bottom of the pop-up so that we can all join the game.

There's a button called 'Invite Players' that you can click, and then from there you can copy a link thats down the bottom of the pop-up so that we can all join the game.

Thank you much! So everyone knows, I linked it above the map on the in-character thread.

I like roll20, I was working on my own dnd game a while back on there, though I never did anything with it :P

If we are all using the site, we can also do our dice rolls on there.

When we were doing character creation, were spellcasters told how to cast their spells?

Kind of. Seraph's question from a while back touched on it. The action itself, like the description of the performance, I'm leaving up to you guys. Mechanically, just make sure I can easily see what spell you're casting and I will be sure to monitor durations and cooldowns and such. Unless you're asking a different question?

Ravenheart Ravenheart No, that was what I was asking. I just wanted to know if you had to like say a certain word, but I'll make sure to clearly label when I'm using a spell. In character though, would we have some kind of book or scroll that would keep record of spells learnt, or do we just remember it?

Ravenheart Ravenheart No, that was what I was asking. I just wanted to know if you had to like say a certain word, but I'll make sure to clearly label when I'm using a spell. In character though, would we have some kind of book or scroll that would keep record of spells learnt, or do we just remember it?

Yes, but I guess if I had to explain how it would work in the story would be like a "pocket book." You can summon it when you want to reference it but you wouldn't need to necessarily keep it on your hip at all times. Some classes do use that, like Cleric will get a trait later on that promotes them using scrolls and tomes. Same for Wizards. But it's not a necessity to keep a book on your hip unless it's like a specified item, in which case I will be sure to make mention of that detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back