• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Many Will Fall [OOC Chat]

Ravenheart

Watcher of the Fallen
Galnyrad Commons

Galnyrad.jpg

Welcome to the Many Will Fall out of character thread! If you have questions, comments or points of discussion related to the RP, feel free to post here!

In-Game Thread

I see, alright then, what about the traits and abilities, we can just pick any one of them, we don't have to follow a particular order?

Will we be using dice for combat and other stuff?

Ultimately, no. I will use dice-rolls to determine the success of your characters actions, hence the modifiers and such. The reason I'm reserving control of this is due to some disappointing experiences in the past with dice rolls. If the site still had its innate rolling system from a few years back then I'd say let's just use that, but unfortunately we don't have that system at our disposal.

My apologies for this inconvenience, but I'm opting to error on the side of caution.

*Edit: I might change this at some point in the game when I've gotten more settled in.

Oh my god, I hadn't even noticed that they'd removed the dice roll system. That sucks.

Seems like a lot of work for one person. I'm fine with it though.

Also, does the appearance have to be a description? Is it possible to use pictures instead?

Oh my god, I hadn't even noticed that they'd removed the dice roll system. That sucks.

Seems like a lot of work for one person. I'm fine with it though.

Also, does the appearance have to be a description? Is it possible to use pictures instead?

You can add a picture if you'd like! If you decide to do that, then just list the more defined things like height, age, body type, etc.

Alright!

Since it is virtual reality, does the character look exactly like the person or was there some kind of character creation prior to that. Is it some sort of SAO thing where the physical appearance was then altered to the real appearance?

Alright!

Since it is virtual reality, does the character look exactly like the person or was there some kind of character creation prior to that. Is it some sort of SAO thing where the physical appearance was then altered to the real appearance?

The latter, definitely the latter. I've never watched Sword Art, so I had to look that up xD

Cool. SAO is good, at least in my opinion, but it gets a lot of crap from people for some cliched stuff. There are better virtual reality stuff though, such as Log Horizon, though technically it isn't virtual reality directly, more like the people actually being sucked into the game world they were playing in.

SAO's system was one where only the head was scanned, so their bodies remained unchanged. It was actually to the point where after all of the virtual reality stuff was over, the main character actually had trouble adjusting because his in game height had been slightly taller than his real height.

Cool. SAO is good, at least in my opinion, but it gets a lot of crap from people for some cliched stuff. There are better virtual reality stuff though, such as Log Horizon, though technically it isn't virtual reality directly, more like the people actually being sucked into the game world they were playing in.

SAO's system was one where only the head was scanned, so their bodies remained unchanged. It was actually to the point where after all of the virtual reality stuff was over, the main character actually had trouble adjusting because his in game height had been slightly taller than his real height.

Yeah, that would sound like something that would come out of this kind of story. If you're like 5'8" in real life but are playing a 6'3" hulking knight, then there would definitely be some... challenges readjusting for sure.

It was actually used in Log Horizon as well, mentioned in the first episode. The game itself wasn't virtual reality, it was a computer game and this girl was much shorter than her assassin character, because of that, she couldn't even stand up right.

Alright, I think I've got enough information to use for my character.

It was actually used in Log Horizon as well, mentioned in the first episode. The game itself wasn't virtual reality, it was a computer game and this girl was much shorter than her assassin character, because of that, she couldn't even stand up right.

Alright, I think I've got enough information to use for my character.

Awesome! Can't wait to see what you got!

Fixed it. Yeah, I like him too. I agonized over what to focus on, in the end, I let my choice in skills do the deciding.

How does wisdom and intelligence work in this. In some games, Wisdom effects mana regeneration and intelligence affects amount of mana. Also, you have abilities that use Mana, but no Mana number. With those who don't use Mana, Stamina would be useful.

Ravenheart Ravenheart

Fixed it. Yeah, I like him too. I agonized over what to focus on, in the end, I let my choice in skills do the deciding.

How does wisdom and intelligence work in this. In some games, Wisdom effects mana regeneration and intelligence affects amount of mana. Also, you have abilities that use Mana, but no Mana number. With those who don't use Mana, Stamina would be useful.

Ravenheart Ravenheart

Oh my! I knew I was forgetting something.

Mana pools (and Stamina, I like that idea) will be 5 and increase by 1 with each Character level. Mana Regeneration will be 1 per 10 Wisdom and Stamina would be 1 per 10 Constitution.

So under your Hit Points, just add "Mana Pool: 5"

I added it. So does the stamina and mana regen each post or does it regen per round.

Also, what makes a round?

I just keep getting questions :P What about movement? In dnd, movement itself counts as an action, meaning you can't attack or defend that same round depending on your movement speed I think.

Basically, if I have an enemy two squares ahead of me and I only have two squares of movement, I can't attack or defend that round, but if it is only one square ahead of me, I can move forwards and then attack or defend for that round.

Ravenheart Ravenheart

I was about to go into a big explanation on what to focus on for a rogue :P

CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse

I added it. So does the stamina and mana regen each post or does it regen per round.

Also, what makes a round?

I just keep getting questions :P What about movement? In dnd, movement itself counts as an action, meaning you can't attack or defend that same round depending on your movement speed I think.

Basically, if I have an enemy two squares ahead of me and I only have two squares of movement, I can't attack or defend that round, but if it is only one square ahead of me, I can move forwards and then attack or defend for that round.

Ravenheart Ravenheart

Yeah, I'll be making a posting guide for the "battle phase" in-game. That will cover movement, definition for "round" and "action," and all that kind of stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back