• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Made to Fantasy [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi Hey i gave a quick rework to Loonstars sobriquet. Considering almost all others currently in the guild (i think actually all have one) had one and how strong and unique Loonstar was secretly supposed to be, it felt weird for her not to have one. I tried to take your criteria for not being cosmetical, but having a worth as well as being earned for a major achievement into creating it and made something that suited Loonstar, which also means it will not be activated anytime she is with the guild.
Since it won't be coming into play right now either way, I'll think about it.

Under normal circumstances, he might have noticed her, but given where he'd just come from, I'm going to say that he missed spotting her.

Tiger_Centaur.png
OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi Maybe this game needs a Tiger Centaur boss?

How's everyone doing?

Sorry for putting the focus all on Goldy this mission, but it feels very MMO-ish for a party to go out on a mission only one player really needs. So we'll probably do a few missions where the spotlight's on one character to start things off. I'm fine with first-come IC to decide which character we focus on next (we'll probably do a couple of character-focused quests to start), or we can do some kind of vote, it's up to you.

Im currently not posting, because i dont think Loonstar would really do much but stand with them. I hope that´s fine and that people don´t forget her, since if she is talked to, she´d not ignore that.

I mean ingame, it´s totally fine if people forget she´s there.

Oh- uhh
they won't help poor goldy out??? 100% sure she's gonna die!
edit: unless she gets lucky either way im fine with that lol it's fun

Oh- uhh
they won't help poor goldy out??? 100% sure she's gonna die!
edit: unless she gets lucky either way im fine with that lol it's fun
No real harm if she does die. No one's gonna get to loot her here, and IVIercury has a few Resurrection Wands on hand if needed. It's just a video game, not a sao-style death-game.

Each person can help as much or as little as they want, Silver Linings doesn't have any rule saying that members have to listen to a word IVIercury says. IVIercury doesn't plan on helping because hearing that GoldYLucks took down a boss with the help of a level 80 player wouldn't impress anyone, and the goal here isn't to kill the boss, it's to improve Goldy's reputation.

No real harm if she does die. No one's gonna get to loot her here, and IVIercury has a few Resurrection Wands on hand if needed. It's just a video game, not a sao-style death-game.

Each person can help as much or as little as they want, Silver Linings doesn't have any rule saying that members have to listen to a word IVIercury says. IVIercury doesn't plan on helping because hearing that GoldYLucks took down a boss with the help of a level 80 player wouldn't impress anyone, and the goal here isn't to kill the boss, it's to improve Goldy's reputation.
Got it!
So what would a player see if their character die? Respawn count down?

Got it!
So what would a player see if their character die? Respawn count down?
From the Lore page:
"When a player's health reaches zero (ignoring healer or necromancer shenanigans), they die and their character's body remains where it died. They can continue observing from this location as a ghost for up to 10 minutes, during which they are able to be revived. If they are revived they generally return to life without penalty, though that does depend on the exact means of revival. If they are not revived, then they fully die and respawn in the last safe location visited. This is usually a town or city, but there are ways of establishing a safe location elsewhere, as groups tend to do on extended exploration runs. After respawning a player revives weakened, meaning all of their stats are lowered. Weakness isn't much of a big deal for low-level players, since it has a much lesser effect and wears off quickly, but at a high level it can leave a player completely useless until it finally wears off. In addition, after a player dies and their body remains, their body can be looted by other players (and the odd enemy). Any equipped items are able to be taken from the body (up to one looted per player). To avoid this, the player must either revive or respawn, which makes the body disappear. But even if a dead player chooses to respawn the moment they die, it takes a full minute for them to actually respawn, leaving them open to being looted during that time. Every player is able to select one equipped item to bond to, making it unable to be looted from them upon death."

If she died, she'd get the death message on her screen, then she'd be standing over her body as a ghost. She could look around and talk, but she wouldn't be able to move from that spot. She could stay that was for up to 10 minutes.

From the Lore page:
"When a player's health reaches zero (ignoring healer or necromancer shenanigans), they die and their character's body remains where it died. They can continue observing from this location as a ghost for up to 10 minutes, during which they are able to be revived. If they are revived they generally return to life without penalty, though that does depend on the exact means of revival. If they are not revived, then they fully die and respawn in the last safe location visited. This is usually a town or city, but there are ways of establishing a safe location elsewhere, as groups tend to do on extended exploration runs. After respawning a player revives weakened, meaning all of their stats are lowered. Weakness isn't much of a big deal for low-level players, since it has a much lesser effect and wears off quickly, but at a high level it can leave a player completely useless until it finally wears off. In addition, after a player dies and their body remains, their body can be looted by other players (and the odd enemy). Any equipped items are able to be taken from the body (up to one looted per player). To avoid this, the player must either revive or respawn, which makes the body disappear. But even if a dead player chooses to respawn the moment they die, it takes a full minute for them to actually respawn, leaving them open to being looted during that time. Every player is able to select one equipped item to bond to, making it unable to be looted from them upon death."

If she died, she'd get the death message on her screen, then she'd be standing over her body as a ghost. She could look around and talk, but she wouldn't be able to move from that spot. She could stay that was for up to 10 minutes.
Oh, sorry I didn't notice the Lore page was updated. I should follow it.
Gotcha~

Anybody wanna post first before I do?

S Say my Name Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
You two around?

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof
Yes, yes it is. I'm gonna say collab content. And it doesn't really matter here, but most bosses have ways to deal with invisiBS. This enemy for example if unable to find a target after being aggro'd, will blast snow around its surroundings to locate invisible targets. But since Goldy is nearby it will just aggro onto her instead of looking for the invisible Loon.

. D O V E . D O V E
Not sure based on your last post, but the game they're playing isn't a VRMMO, just a normal MMO. The devs did initially develop it for iVR use, but iVR tech wasn't fully in use by the public when the game released, so they backed off from VR for the time. Despite MTFe having systems to allow for more realistic interactions, many of the more intricate details of in-game interactions are imagined or otherwise implied.

The stage for fighting the boss is all yours, unless Goldy asks for (or gets) assistance. Just keep in mind the boss is fast, likes pouncing onto its enemy, has an ice breath, and isn't as fast flying. And she is basically soloing a party boss, so it'll take a while, give it a few posts to kill (assuming she doesn't die, which is also an option).

S Say my Name Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
You two around?

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof
Yes, yes it is. I'm gonna say collab content. And it doesn't really matter here, but most bosses have ways to deal with invisiBS. This enemy for example if unable to find a target after being aggro'd, will blast snow around its surroundings to locate invisible targets. But since Goldy is nearby it will just aggro onto her instead of looking for the invisible Loon.

. D O V E . D O V E
Not sure based on your last post, but the game they're playing isn't a VRMMO, just a normal MMO. The devs did initially develop it for iVR use, but iVR tech wasn't fully in use by the public when the game released, so they backed off from VR for the time. Despite MTFe having systems to allow for more realistic interactions, many of the more intricate details of in-game interactions are imagined or otherwise implied.

The stage for fighting the boss is all yours, unless Goldy asks for (or gets) assistance. Just keep in mind the boss is fast, likes pouncing onto its enemy, has an ice breath, and isn't as fast flying. And she is basically soloing a party boss, so it'll take a while, give it a few posts to kill (assuming she doesn't die, which is also an option).
Ahhh, whoops! I'm watching too much VR videos...
I got it!

Keep in mind that Sen isn't actually feeling the rabbit. This isn't a VRMMO, he's looking at a display of his character. The game can tell him that the rabbit is soft any number of ways (visual, buff, flavor text), but he can't really feel it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back