• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Made to Fantasy [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
And if I go Warlock instead of Rogue?
That would make it slightly more possible, but they'd still have to jump through some sort of hoops to have gained access to a race change. For example, frequently using demon-related magic or having an extremely low karma score.

That would make it slightly more possible, but they'd still have to jump through some sort of hoops to have gained access to a race change. For example, frequently using demon-related magic or having an extremely low karma score.
Oh, the both sure are possible. The second one especially. Actually, it's very likely. The character I'm making isn't just a jerk. He's THE JERK he ALWAYS ASPIRED TO BE.

We're talking about a guy whose favorite past-time is to go to the spawn and greet new players to the game, offering them 'guidance' and by guidance, I mean leading them straight to a zone where high-level, dangerous NPCs spawn often, with the false promise of powerful gear being there ripe for taking, and then noping the fuck out of there, leaving them to the clutches of certain doom.

We're talking about a user so toxic, so cancerous, so mean to other players, that it is a wonder why he hasn't been banned already, and perhaps the only reason is that he's 'technically' not breaking any rules, just abusing loopholes and teabagging the bodies of poor bastards he beats in PvP. A user who has violated the seven deadly sins of gaming numerous times simply because he thought it would be funny (and it was, (to him)).

We're talking about a person who chose 'XxCallMeDaddyxX' as his username. That should speak for itself.

The lost boy ( Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire ) and the smithy (@Say my Name ) are accepted.

What ideas do you have for how Absenatis joined Silver Linings?

I was thinking that it was routine for your character to help lost people, especially if low level characters get lost in high level areas. So he tries to help and instead of getting back to lower areas, somehow both of them ended up in even higher areas than previously.

Eventually they'd get out but Sen is so prone to getting lost that he's asked to join the guild so he can be watched.

I was thinking that it was routine for your character to help lost people, especially if low level characters get lost in high level areas. So he tries to help and instead of getting back to lower areas, somehow both of them ended up in even higher areas than previously.

Eventually they'd get out but Sen is so prone to getting lost that he's asked to join the guild so he can be watched.
That sounds like a funny side-story in and of itself.

Last question. Sorry for being such a pain.

How many Sobriquets would an average player (with playtime of four years and Level 80) have?
Getting your hands on a sobriquet is the main goal of players once they're max level, and only about 25% of level 80s have one, let alone multiple.

I've been adding to the Lore section in case anyone wants to read through the new bits.

I'll be going through the horny asshat's sheet now.

I can imagine Sen not respawning because his ghost managed to get lost somehow.
The ghost can't move from the body, and once the time limit is up he would have to respawn if not revived. Hopefully his map showing his current and past location would help him with figuring out where he is/was.

I can see Sen running the guild into poverty from buying items to warp to his location whenever he gets lost.

He'd find a way to get lost on a straight road.

Probably, either that or they'd just wait for a long time, he always shows up eventually, just never when you need him.

Also, does equipment need to be repaired? Like does it build up damage over time until it becomes useless?

Edit: Added more Legend explaining how Sen ended up joining the Guild.

Last edited:
Also, does equipment need to be repaired? Like does it build up damage over time until it becomes useless?
Yes, equipment does need to be repaired. Generally an weapon will have 4 states of repair: normal (has full stats), weakened (slightly lowered stats), broken (severely lowered stats but still usable and able to be repaired), and destroyed (unusable, cannot be repaired under normal conditions). Divine class items are generally immune to being worn down, either having invincibility or self-repairing properties.

Of course, despite it's indestructible status, it has no actual defensive capabilities.

Oh, are there also bound items? Things that can't be looted or stolen no matter what?

I'm also expecting Guild Quests!

Of course, despite it's indestructible status, it has no actual defensive capabilities.

Oh, are there also bound items? Things that can't be looted or stolen no matter what?

I'm also expecting Guild Quests!
Each player can bind one piece of equipment so that it cannot be looted from their body. This is in addition to there being a limit of each player only looting one item from a body (meaning if you die 1v1 you'd only lose one item).

Birdsie Birdsie

Okay, as usual I'll be going through the sheet and just writing down my thoughts as I do.

The name is absolutely terrible, so solid points there. The X's are a nice touch.
The appearance / race is... fine. It really depends on the rest of the character.
I dislike him being level 80, but again I'll reserve judgement on that until I've read the entire character. Silver Linings is a guild for misfits, not really a place for skilled players to be hanging out.
Warlock, dark creepy magic and summons, pretty standard.
Arcane Trickster being a mix of debuffs and metamagic seems interesting.
Bards are a staple of any fun time.
Anti-paladin I'd change to Dark Knight (sacrificed health for damage) or Cursed Knight (debuffs and curses to deal additional damage).
The jobs are bad. Jobs do not affect combat, that is what separates them from classes.
Thief would be a class.
Prestidigi- just say magician or some other more simple synonym. Cannot give bonuses to magic, and even cosmetic magic can prove very useful in combat.
Alchemist is fine, it's just making potions and the like.
Enchanter adding magical properties to items is fine, but get rid of the second part.
Sobriquet. The OG warlock. The first of a class could very well be given a sobriquet for that, but merely rewarding the same playstyle without any kind of adaptation or other change is a bit underwhelming. Sobriquets are meant to be played around. His currently changes absolutely nothing but power level.
And after reading a bit further on, it is also completely broken due to synergizing with itself. Consider a base summon to have an effective power of 1. Using his special ability, he is able to summon 3. So that's PL3. But each one's stats are also tripled. So that's PL9. And it also reduces the cooldown by 3. So compared to a normal max-level warlock at PL1, your ability gives you a PL of... 27. That is a 2600% increase in effective strength. No. That is simply too strong.
Sunglasses reduce the effectiveness of blinds and other visual-based status.
Robes aren't special in any way, so they'd be legendary instead of limited. Protection from crits and weakness to magic is fine.
The flute would be divine just due to its strength. It could be used by anyone rather than just a bard, and the CD is 24 hours. I'm going to ignore the sobriquet effects since I've already spoken of that.
The ring is also too strong. Change it to allowing the user to summon 3 beholders with a 24 hour cooldown.
And anotha one: the ring is too strong. Raise CD to 20 min at least and lower the damage bonus.
Fiery cursed spear is fine.
The book won't work simply due to classes and spells being mostly made up as the story goes, and access to "all" of anything infinite is not realistic. If you want your guy to be a demonic summoner just give him the Lemegeton full of all kinds of demons to summon. It reducing the cost of other demon-based summoning would also be fair.
Teleportation should probably be changed to either Short Teleport, Lesser Teleportation, or Dimensional Move if you want to use it during combat.
Finally onto the actual character.
As much as I personally hate him I can completely see IVIercury finding him to over the top that he'd invite him into the guild. I think the fact that IVIercury's build and skillset almost perfectly counter CMD's would only make their interactions even more entertaining. One does dark summony things, the other does light AoE burst.
Maxing a class is only 30 levels, so upon release it would have only taken about a week to max out a class, not months. In months there would already have been a large population of max-level (50 at the time) players. To be the first warlock he'd have to have hit it within a week, or two at most, after release.
Sobriquet is broken, already said that much.
For the Tiefling thing, it could simply be a spell in the divine spellbook he has.
Is his PvP record from formal arena matches, informal encounter matches, or PKing?

And it's almost impossible to be banned from MTFe unless you're actually cheating. The most the admins are likely to do is permanently mute you for being toxic or spamming.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back