• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Made to Fantasy [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
And because Silver Linings isn't meant to be a bunch of veterans at the game, from this point forward please no level 80 characters. Only noobs please.

Why not use all of the effects? Some combination like such:

Belle of Gaea 5
- Toggleable glow/sparkle/light visual effect. Enables the use of various skills.​
- Belle of Gaea - Boosts the speed/damage/whatever of allies. Visual effects are on while active.​
- Gaea's Protection - Momentary channel. If untargeted: drops all monster aggro currently on the user. If targeted: charms single monster to protect the user.​

Why not use all of the effects? Some combination like such:

Belle of Gaea 5
- Toggleable glow/sparkle/light visual effect. Enables the use of various skills.​
- Belle of Gaea - Boosts the speed/damage/whatever of allies. Visual effects are on while active.​
- Gaea's Protection - Momentary channel. If untargeted: drops all monster aggro currently on the user. If targeted: charms single monster to protect the user.​
THANK YOU
C-can I just copy paste this??

Birdsie Birdsie

Okay, as usual I'll be going through the sheet and just writing down my thoughts as I do.

The name is absolutely terrible, so solid points there. The X's are a nice touch.
The appearance / race is... fine. It really depends on the rest of the character.
I dislike him being level 80, but again I'll reserve judgement on that until I've read the entire character. Silver Linings is a guild for misfits, not really a place for skilled players to be hanging out.
Warlock, dark creepy magic and summons, pretty standard.
Arcane Trickster being a mix of debuffs and metamagic seems interesting.
Bards are a staple of any fun time.
Anti-paladin I'd change to Dark Knight (sacrificed health for damage) or Cursed Knight (debuffs and curses to deal additional damage).
The jobs are bad. Jobs do not affect combat, that is what separates them from classes.
Thief would be a class.
Prestidigi- just say magician or some other more simple synonym. Cannot give bonuses to magic, and even cosmetic magic can prove very useful in combat.
Alchemist is fine, it's just making potions and the like.
Enchanter adding magical properties to items is fine, but get rid of the second part.
Sobriquet. The OG warlock. The first of a class could very well be given a sobriquet for that, but merely rewarding the same playstyle without any kind of adaptation or other change is a bit underwhelming. Sobriquets are meant to be played around. His currently changes absolutely nothing but power level.
And after reading a bit further on, it is also completely broken due to synergizing with itself. Consider a base summon to have an effective power of 1. Using his special ability, he is able to summon 3. So that's PL3. But each one's stats are also tripled. So that's PL9. And it also reduces the cooldown by 3. So compared to a normal max-level warlock at PL1, your ability gives you a PL of... 27. That is a 2600% increase in effective strength. No. That is simply too strong.
Sunglasses reduce the effectiveness of blinds and other visual-based status.
Robes aren't special in any way, so they'd be legendary instead of limited. Protection from crits and weakness to magic is fine.
The flute would be divine just due to its strength. It could be used by anyone rather than just a bard, and the CD is 24 hours. I'm going to ignore the sobriquet effects since I've already spoken of that.
The ring is also too strong. Change it to allowing the user to summon 3 beholders with a 24 hour cooldown.
And anotha one: the ring is too strong. Raise CD to 20 min at least and lower the damage bonus.
Fiery cursed spear is fine.
The book won't work simply due to classes and spells being mostly made up as the story goes, and access to "all" of anything infinite is not realistic. If you want your guy to be a demonic summoner just give him the Lemegeton full of all kinds of demons to summon. It reducing the cost of other demon-based summoning would also be fair.
Teleportation should probably be changed to either Short Teleport, Lesser Teleportation, or Dimensional Move if you want to use it during combat.
Finally onto the actual character.
As much as I personally hate him I can completely see IVIercury finding him to over the top that he'd invite him into the guild. I think the fact that IVIercury's build and skillset almost perfectly counter CMD's would only make their interactions even more entertaining. One does dark summony things, the other does light AoE burst.
Maxing a class is only 30 levels, so upon release it would have only taken about a week to max out a class, not months. In months there would already have been a large population of max-level (50 at the time) players. To be the first warlock he'd have to have hit it within a week, or two at most, after release.
Sobriquet is broken, already said that much.
For the Tiefling thing, it could simply be a spell in the divine spellbook he has.
Is his PvP record from formal arena matches, informal encounter matches, or PKing?

And it's almost impossible to be banned from MTFe unless you're actually cheating. The most the admins are likely to do is permanently mute you for being toxic or spamming.
Alright! There we go. Hope that's better. I tried to make the Sobriquet a high-reward, high-risk kind of thing. If you can get past, literally yourself, you can score an easy kill. And yeah, it's from PKing and some informal encounter matches. He rarely visits the arena, mostly because he completely detests the idea of fighting someone without his "signature shades."

Hey, there still a player spot open in this? If so, I'd like to join with a newbie character I had in mind. Would just need a few questions answered first.

Hey, there still a player spot open in this? If so, I'd like to join with a newbie character I had in mind. Would just need a few questions answered first.
Yes it's still accepting characters, specifically low-level characters since too many people are submitting high-level characters. Feel free to ask any and all questions.

Yes it's still accepting characters, specifically low-level characters since too many people are submitting high-level characters. Feel free to ask any and all questions.
Great, so how low is low-level considered? Would around level 20 be good?
Secondly, the character I had in mind would be a Muscle Wizard all in all. You think this would make sense as an independent class, or should it be a mix of two classes (Like Mage and Brawler, for example)?
Thirdly, would it be fine if my character had a Sobriquet even with a low level? I had in mind something along the lines of being the first one to try the "muscle wizard" playstyle, by leveling Strenght and taking Melee skills even with a Mage character. The effect of the sobriquet would be basically allowing him to use the Strenght stat to cast spells. This probably wouldn't be noticeable until mid to late-game, where the character would become a beast at both melee combat and ranged spellcasting.

Great, so how low is low-level considered? Would around level 20 be good?
Secondly, the character I had in mind would be a Muscle Wizard all in all. You think this would make sense as an independent class, or should it be a mix of two classes (Like Mage and Brawler, for example)?
Thirdly, would it be fine if my character had a Sobriquet even with a low level? I had in mind something along the lines of being the first one to try the "muscle wizard" playstyle, by leveling Strenght and taking Melee skills even with a Mage character. The effect of the sobriquet would be basically allowing him to use the Strenght stat to cast spells. This probably wouldn't be noticeable until mid to late-game, where the character would become a beast at both melee combat and ranged spellcasting.
0. Think of what makes them unique or quirky as players outside of their actual character's class(es) and build.
1. 20 is fine.
2. A muscle wizard could be any combination of magic and fighter classes, or for something similar in a single class there's things like Battlemage, War Wizard, or Armored Mage, which are all magic-casting classes that have some additional tankiness or survivability.
3. Probably not. Not only is it extremely unlikely he'd be the first to try out a stupid build (that's practically an endgame in and of itself), but due to his low level it's unlikely an admin or dev would even notice him to grant him a sobriquet. And the automatic sobriquets give out by the game are very difficult to get ahold of, usually involving being the very first player to accomplish something.
The idea for it is fine, but there's no reason for him to have one.

0. Think of what makes them unique or quirky as players outside of their actual character's class(es) and build.
1. 20 is fine.
2. A muscle wizard could be any combination of magic and fighter classes, or for something similar in a single class there's things like Battlemage, War Wizard, or Armored Mage, which are all magic-casting classes that have some additional tankiness or survivability.
3. Probably not. Not only is it extremely unlikely he'd be the first to try out a stupid build (that's practically an endgame in and of itself), but due to his low level it's unlikely an admin or dev would even notice him to grant him a sobriquet. And the automatic sobriquets give out by the game are very difficult to get ahold of, usually involving being the very first player to accomplish something.
The idea for it is fine, but there's no reason for him to have one.

All clear and well. I'll get started on building right away.

There goes 2 hours of my life making my CS. Pretty sure I missed something.
I kinda felt pretty overwhelmed which such fancy CSs and mine is just "Look at me. I'm basic"

Alright! There we go. Hope that's better. I tried to make the Sobriquet a high-reward, high-risk kind of thing. If you can get past, literally yourself, you can score an easy kill. And yeah, it's from PKing and some informal encounter matches. He rarely visits the arena, mostly because he completely detests the idea of fighting someone without his "signature shades."
I think it would be best to just get rid of the sobriquet and him being the first warlock entirely. He can simply be a high-level asshole.
Keep in mind that while a warlock does overlap with necromancer for summoning and generally using the dead, necromancers are the class that deals primarily with the dead, aka their zombies would be stronger than yours.
The shades only effect is blind resistance.
The Book is reduced to legendary, cannot summon unique demons, and no cthulhu monsters. Only reduces casting cost and potency when held.
The hellmark (dark Link) ability is interesting, so I'll keep a note of it where I'm planning stuff for this story. It may be allowed later, but for now it's a no.

There goes 2 hours of my life making my CS. Pretty sure I missed something.
I kinda felt pretty overwhelmed which such fancy CSs and mine is just "Look at me. I'm basic"
It looks like others have already pointed it out, but the white font color is unreadable on the light style.

As always, I will be reading through the sheet and posting my thoughts as I do. This lets you see my thought process and makes it so I'm less likely to forget to write something down.

Healer is a bit nondescript for a class what about something more specific? As far as classes that can act as healers there are: (Battle) Cleric, Priest(ess), Druid, Saint, and Shaman. Ad that's just from the first page of search results, so you're free to come up with others.
The sobriquet is a no. She's not a veteran player and hasn't done anything important, so she has no need for one.
What kind of equipment is the Celestial Mage of Pride? If it's just a cosmetic effect to give the character heterochromia, that'd be a basic cosmetic effect available in character creation or through the cash shop.
Why is the whip limited?
It's unlikely a level 50 would have been able to get their hands on a divine class item.
A cold cosmetic effect on a cash item is fine.
Mana costs are (mostly) static, not percent based, and I don't require numbers for that. Hopefully I don't have to, but if someone does go around using too many high-cost spells without the character running out of mana, I will tell you to stop that.
Besides, since she's only leveled healer and magic classes she'd have a relatively large mana pool.
Two-faced healer seems entertaining, and the guild is lacking on the pure support side of things.

It looks like others have already pointed it out, but the white font color is unreadable on the light style.

As always, I will be reading through the sheet and posting my thoughts as I do. This lets you see my thought process and makes it so I'm less likely to forget to write something down.

Healer is a bit nondescript for a class what about something more specific? As far as classes that can act as healers there are: (Battle) Cleric, Priest(ess), Druid, Saint, and Shaman. Ad that's just from the first page of search results, so you're free to come up with others.

The sobriquet is a no. She's not a veteran player and hasn't done anything important, so she has no need for one.
Ok
What kind of equipment is the Celestial Mage of Pride? If it's just a cosmetic effect to give the character heterochromia, that'd be a basic cosmetic effect available in character creation or through the cash shop.
The "armour" pictured in her picture.

Why is the whip limited?
Kinda got an impression that we could make in game events so I thought an event that focused on specific types of people would be cool. Sadist's whip. Masochist's armour. Adventurer's Map. Alchemist's mystery potion. Blacksmith's hammer Etc.

It's unlikely a level 50 would have been able to get their hands on a divine class item.
k
A cold cosmetic effect on a cash item is fine.
k
Mana costs are (mostly) static, not percent based, and I don't require numbers for that. Hopefully I don't have to, but if someone does go around using too many high-cost spells without the character running out of mana, I will tell you to stop that.
k
Besides, since she's only leveled healer and magic classes she'd have a relatively large mana pool.
k
Two-faced healer seems entertaining, and the guild is lacking on the pure support side of things.
k

The IC has officially begun! The four character's I've already accepted are the current members of Silver Linings, and when I accept more they'll join us IC.

The IC has officially begun! The four character's I've already accepted are the current members of Silver Linings, and when I accept more they'll join us IC.
I lost track of the ooc, hoping nothing too important or involving my character was said. I will reply, though not as the first one. Loonstar isnt one to be first

So I won't be able to post till about Friday currently on holiday and me posting on my mobile will just end badly. Sorry for the delay.

OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi Hey i gave a quick rework to Loonstars sobriquet. Considering almost all others currently in the guild (i think actually all have one) had one and how strong and unique Loonstar was secretly supposed to be, it felt weird for her not to have one. I tried to take your criteria for not being cosmetical, but having a worth as well as being earned for a major achievement into creating it and made something that suited Loonstar, which also means it will not be activated anytime she is with the guild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back