• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Made to Fantasy [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I'll work more on it when I get home from work. Everything is there, the first half is hidden under his picture, it is clickable. Not sure why I did it that way, but I thought it was cool.
Didn't notice that, but fun formatting.

Okay, let's give the character a second pass through.

Sneaky tricky punchy guy, I can see it.
Combat medic cannot be a job. Job classes are specifically things not used in combat.
Don't want any specific equipment?
For skills I don't need hard numbers, and in general I dislike RNG in any context that affects combat effectiveness.
You don't need to put so many skills, just the ones your character is likely to use often, or ones you think might not fit the classes they've got.
Pugilist - At just level 5 he won't have access to much beyond basic punches. I'd change True Strike to simply ignoring a portion of armor. Mantra is fine since the class is close to monk. Is Howling Fist a projectile attack, or more of a punch that carries through? Either is fine, just wondering. And remember to keep the power level low since he's low-level. No One-Puuuuuuunch-ing people. That right is reserved for fully-leveled pugilists/boxers/monks.
Illusionist is purely visual illusions, no mind control, that'd be mentalist/enchanter, and sleep specifically would be the sandman class.
Hypnotic eye and stimulation not sure how they have anything to do with illusions.
Psionic Focus changed to -> Conceal: Makes target invisible, broken upon moving. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be allowed in combat.
Remember this is a video game, somewhat limited by means of player input.
False Reality is too strong for a half-level illusionist. I'd split it into individual skills that create a single illusory item/skill/creature.
And while it's too strong for your char to use, I'll also change False Reality: AoE visually changes surroundings to another location.
Onto Mime skills. So... many... skills...
Mimic: this is a game, so he can copy other players however he wants. I'd just change it to copying basic skills with very reduced effectiveness.
Invisible Wall can simply be a barrier that blocks low-level attacks, with anything stronger than it simply ignoring it (like it isn't there).
Not sure how Material Mimicry would actually work in game terms, but I'm not sold on its current form.
And again, he's only half-leveled as a mime, so fully copying a skill is a bit much. Save that for when he's leveled up some more.
Some changes to the spy skills, let me know if they still work.
Slipper Mind - protects against low-level mental skills.
Shadow Walk - becomes silent and visually becomes darker to blend in with shadows
Forgery is split into Novice Forgery, Forgery, and Perfect Forgery. Novice - creates a replica of a seen item with a randomized visual flaw (like wrong size, shape, color, etc). Forgery - perfect visual replica, has no special effects, 1 durability (it breaks upon any attempted use)
Perfect Forgery - creates a perfect copy of an item the user has come into contact with (held or had in inventory) has reduced stats but can pass as that item if used. Has low durability and lasts a maximum of an hour.
Not sure how deception would work in-game.
Job classes are strictly non-combat. They would not be giving combat skills or benefits.
Everlost is a fine sobriquet given the context.
Everlost effects: Marks the owner's path as a line on their map so they can see where they've come from. Also enables the use of the Unstuck skill.
Unstuck: Only usable if the user has not moved for 30 seconds. Teleports them a distance away back where they came from. Also marks that location for the devs to investigate. Skill description includes: ABUSE WILL BE PUNISHED.

Mkay, the first characters I've accepted will be The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof and . D O V E . D O V E 's characters.

Welcome to Silver Linings Loonstar91 and GoldYLucks!

This doesn't mean I'm done hassling you to perfect them before the RP starts, but I do think they're really good characters that will fit well into the guild.

S Say my Name
Players can just make consumables appear from their inventory, so it's like they pull the items from thin air. The cape doesn't need any special effect for him to make it looks like he's pulling items from it.

The first story seems more likely to result in IVIercury asking him to join, or a combination of both. IVIercury tends to hang around a small area, so he could see your character in the field and then again as a craftsman. Quirky + useful = hey join my guild kid, we've got cookies. Choose whatever you think makes sense from Jack's pov. I'll work to streamline how and when everyone joined a bit later.

How obvious is JOAT about him streaming? I'm just thinking of how IVIercury would react to finding out he's on camera.

S Say my Name
Players can just make consumables appear from their inventory, so it's like they pull the items from thin air. The cape doesn't need any special effect for him to make it looks like he's pulling items from it.

The first story seems more likely to result in IVIercury asking him to join, or a combination of both. IVIercury tends to hang around a small area, so he could see your character in the field and then again as a craftsman. Quirky + useful = hey join my guild kid, we've got cookies. Choose whatever you think makes sense from Jack's pov. I'll work to streamline how and when everyone joined a bit later.

How obvious is JOAT about him streaming? I'm just thinking of how IVIercury would react to finding out he's on camera.
Ah got it I'll get rid of that.

I'll go with the first one and write something up.

Hmm, it's hard to say that would depend. I'm guessing the players can talk via a microphone? If so that he would be very obvious either that or he would look insane talking to himself.

Ah got it I'll get rid of that.

I'll go with the first one and write something up.

Hmm, it's hard to say that would depend. I'm guessing the players can talk via a microphone? If so that he would be very obvious either that or he would look insane talking to himself.
Yes, players can use voice or text to communicate, and characters move realistically to speak. But as with any game input they'd be able to easily mute or toggle their mic with a simple button press. Up to you how he does it.

Huh, so I don't have to be level 80? Cool, I'll knock him down to a lower level, giving focus on his illusion and mime classes.

Actually, on the thought of a character with 80 classes, would there be any synergy between those classes? Like is that an actual ingame thing where certain classes boost the strengths of others?

Edit: My character is now level forty and I've also reduced the effects of his skills. Still no equipment though.
Nope, in fact IVIercury is more likely to invite rookies to join his guild.

The class chosen determines the stats gained upon level up. So a mixed character could still gain the benefits of specific high stats if they chose very carefully what classes they leveled, but not having access to high-tier skills would still make them less effective than a specialized character. Certain skills will synergize simply by nature, such as water and electric magics or fire and wind magics (non-magic skills can synergize as well, it's just most obvious using magic as the example). The fun of MTFe's many classes is finding out fun combinations.

Mkay, the first characters I've accepted will be The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof and . D O V E . D O V E 's characters.

Welcome to Silver Linings Loonstar91 and GoldYLucks!

This doesn't mean I'm done hassling you to perfect them before the RP starts, but I do think they're really good characters that will fit well into the guild.
Lololol hassle me into perfection

So are you okay with IVIercury saving GoldYlucks from a super easy monster while he was hanging out in some noob area?

Also, I still need help with that sobriquet cause I fear that I'll come up with something cheesy again...

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof
Still gonna have to reject her sobriquet though. Unless she's done something extremely novel or noteworthy it's unlikely she'd have one, and sobriquets are rarely, if ever, cosmetic only.

Do you have an idea for how she'd have joined Silver Linings / met IVIercury?

. D O V E . D O V E
What about something along the lines of Beauty of Alexandria (/any other city name) 5 (# of times given out / years held). The 5th pageant would have just happened a month or so ago on the timeline of game events, so she could have won then. Also what kind of effect do you want it do have? Given this specific sobriquet's nature, it could be something just non-combat or cosmetic, or it could be something else entirely. What effect would an official recognition for beauty grant? Maybe some charm effect? A debuff to attackers? An anti-combat effect like lowering monster aggro? I'm just throwing ideas out here.

Your idea for how she met IVIercury and joined Silver Linings is fine.

Didn't notice that, but fun formatting.

Okay, let's give the character a second pass through.

Sneaky tricky punchy guy, I can see it.
Combat medic cannot be a job. Job classes are specifically things not used in combat.
Don't want any specific equipment?
For skills I don't need hard numbers, and in general I dislike RNG in any context that affects combat effectiveness.
You don't need to put so many skills, just the ones your character is likely to use often, or ones you think might not fit the classes they've got.
Pugilist - At just level 5 he won't have access to much beyond basic punches. I'd change True Strike to simply ignoring a portion of armor. Mantra is fine since the class is close to monk. Is Howling Fist a projectile attack, or more of a punch that carries through? Either is fine, just wondering. And remember to keep the power level low since he's low-level. No One-Puuuuuuunch-ing people. That right is reserved for fully-leveled pugilists/boxers/monks.
Illusionist is purely visual illusions, no mind control, that'd be mentalist/enchanter, and sleep specifically would be the sandman class.
Hypnotic eye and stimulation not sure how they have anything to do with illusions.
Psionic Focus changed to -> Conceal: Makes target invisible, broken upon moving. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be allowed in combat.
Remember this is a video game, somewhat limited by means of player input.
False Reality is too strong for a half-level illusionist. I'd split it into individual skills that create a single illusory item/skill/creature.
And while it's too strong for your char to use, I'll also change False Reality: AoE visually changes surroundings to another location.
Onto Mime skills. So... many... skills...
Mimic: this is a game, so he can copy other players however he wants. I'd just change it to copying basic skills with very reduced effectiveness.
Invisible Wall can simply be a barrier that blocks low-level attacks, with anything stronger than it simply ignoring it (like it isn't there).
Not sure how Material Mimicry would actually work in game terms, but I'm not sold on its current form.
And again, he's only half-leveled as a mime, so fully copying a skill is a bit much. Save that for when he's leveled up some more.
Some changes to the spy skills, let me know if they still work.
Slipper Mind - protects against low-level mental skills.
Shadow Walk - becomes silent and visually becomes darker to blend in with shadows
Forgery is split into Novice Forgery, Forgery, and Perfect Forgery. Novice - creates a replica of a seen item with a randomized visual flaw (like wrong size, shape, color, etc). Forgery - perfect visual replica, has no special effects, 1 durability (it breaks upon any attempted use)
Perfect Forgery - creates a perfect copy of an item the user has come into contact with (held or had in inventory) has reduced stats but can pass as that item if used. Has low durability and lasts a maximum of an hour.
Not sure how deception would work in-game.
Job classes are strictly non-combat. They would not be giving combat skills or benefits.
Everlost is a fine sobriquet given the context.
Everlost effects: Marks the owner's path as a line on their map so they can see where they've come from. Also enables the use of the Unstuck skill.
Unstuck: Only usable if the user has not moved for 30 seconds. Teleports them a distance away back where they came from. Also marks that location for the devs to investigate. Skill description includes: ABUSE WILL BE PUNISHED.

Ah, that sucks, surprised combat medic can't be a job. I'll replace it with something else then.

I'm having trouble coming up with equipment. I'll do some brainstorming.

No numbers, got it.

I could definitely limit the skills. Originally it was four per class because each skill was at level twenty.

I'm aware that his Pugilist level will limit his strength. He's not meant to be a brawler, just able to hit hard enough if he's caught. I'll get rid of featherfoot, he doesn't really need the speed.

I'm actually with you on the Illusionist stuff. I based all of the classes on actual classes and their skills. Illusionist But I can get rid of the less fitting ones.

Changing mimic and invisible wall. Material Mimicry is a buff skill. There are lots of materials for crafting right? Maybe it is a skill that consumes a material to increase the defense or speed of the character? I don't know, it sounded cool when I saw it but I can also get rid of it.

The spy changes are fine. Getting rid of Deception, not sure what I was doing with that one. Kind of going for a debuff kind of thing. Probably just going to get rid of Material Mimicry as well.

Added the effects and information on Everlost.

Added Herbologist Job. He grows medicinal plants to be made into potions by an alchemist.

Finally added some equipment.

Did I miss anything?

Still gonna have to reject her sobriquet though. Unless she's done something extremely novel or noteworthy it's unlikely she'd have one, and sobriquets are rarely, if ever, cosmetic only.

. D O V E . D O V E
What about something along the lines of Beauty of Alexandria (/any other city name) 5 (# of times given out / years held). The 5th pageant would have just happened a month or so ago on the timeline of game events, so she could have won then. Also what kind of effect do you want it do have? Given this specific sobriquet's nature, it could be something just non-combat or cosmetic, or it could be something else entirely. What effect would an official recognition for beauty grant? Maybe some charm effect? A debuff to attackers? An anti-combat effect like lowering monster aggro? I'm just throwing ideas out here.

Belle of Gaeia 5??????

Maybe something like 20% chance of captivating enemies with her beauty or something and stunning them for 3s and a 5% chance of them changing sides and helping her out for at least 15s?

Or maybe something entirely cosmetic like sparkling

. D O V E . D O V E

Maybe he saw a group of players (not a guild) get their asses beaten in a high rank area. There was that girl, that had really good equipment (obviously) but didnt even do anything. Because they didnt let her. Maybe he kept randomly bumping into her, seeing the same kind of situation a few times, people rather failing than letting her take action, to "protect" her. Maybe that sparked his interest then.

Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
Looks good.

Shoes affect can be reduces sound, and the suit gaining defense in shadow is fine. The contacts can be changed to a consumable Eyedrops of True Sight that grants true sight (reveals most illusions and invisibility). It will be a valuable consumable, so don't use constantly. Pointy Stick is fine, I've even got some ideas involving it now. The hair effect can simply be a cosmetic change, since players can pull out most items whenever they want.

. D O V E . D O V E
Belle of Gaea 5 is fine. I'd prefer if the effect not be too chance-based. I just dislike the idea of RNG wherever it might impact player action. A passive or activated effect would be better, and feel free to suggest any cosmetic effect as well. The game gives players a lot of freedom to make their characters look however they want.

Hmm, that idea could work. It might even be what inspired him to make the guild, meaning she could even have been the first member.

Looks good.

Shoes affect can be reduces sound, and the suit gaining defense in shadow is fine. The contacts can be changed to a consumable Eyedrops of True Sight that grants true sight (reveals most illusions and invisibility). It will be a valuable consumable, so don't use constantly. Pointy Stick is fine, I've even got some ideas involving it now. The hair effect can simply be a cosmetic change, since players can pull out most items whenever they want.

. D O V E . D O V E
Belle of Gaea 5 is fine. I'd prefer if the effect not be too chance-based. I just dislike the idea of RNG wherever it might impact player action. A passive or activated effect would be better, and feel free to suggest any cosmetic effect as well. The game gives players a lot of freedom to make their characters look however they want.

Hmm, that idea could work. It might even be what inspired him to make the guild, meaning she could even have been the first member.
Sure, that works for me

Got it. I'll make the eyedrops have an actual number though. It seems wrong to leave it vague. Like ten uses.

Hair and shoes have been changed. I forgot that it is an mmo type game and those generally don't have carry weight limits.

Looks good.

. D O V E . D O V E

Okay

How about a passive buff to her teammates? Her beauty or something inspire people granting attack speed and damage output buff to nearby allies? Also, it would be funny if she sparkles/glows and her teammates casually uses her as a beacon light in case they get lost.

OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi
Think it'd be possible to make a character whose Avatar is a Tiefling?
It's something I'd be open to, but since demons have yet to be added to the game the only way I can think of that they'd have changed their race to one would involve some kind of warlock magic or something along those lines.

It's something I'd be open to, but since demons have yet to be added to the game the only way I can think of that they'd have changed their race to one would involve some kind of warlock magic or something along those lines.
I was gonna go Arcane Trickster [30], Bard [30] and Rogue [20]. So, that's a no, then?

I was gonna go Arcane Trickster [30], Bard [30] and Rogue [20]. So, that's a no, then?
It doesn't sound like they'd have had an opportunity to convert their race, no. But who knows what future opportunities might arise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back