• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Made to Fantasy [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

OverconfidentMagi

Laugh Like You've Won Always
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Made to FantasYe
Game Forums

All OOC discussion, either related to the game or not, belongs here.

Last edited:
Submitted my CS although I'm not super sure about it especially with the item boosts. I based it on MOBA games so yeah..

Okay, I've got some time now, so I'll be sitting down to read through the characters that have been posted so far and offer input on each.

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof and everyone else, please keep all chat limited to the OOC. The character thread is just for character sheets.

Hello, I was wondering if you had room for another player. I have an idea for a character who only talks using quotes from movies, films or tv shows...he is also level 1 in eighty classes.

Hello, I was wondering if you had room for another player. I have an idea for a character who only talks using quotes from movies, films or tv shows...he is also level 1 in eighty classes.
The RP isn't even started yet, so feel free to post a sheet.

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof

Note that I'm typing this up as I read the sheet, so it'll be mostly stream of conscious.

First up is Loonstar91, the waifu in need of protecc.
The name is very game-y, brownie points there.
Max level... I'll come back to this at the end.
Fun combination of classes.
Assassin: high speed, high damage, zero defenses, preparation and burst skills​
Rogue: high speed and agility, low defenses, stealth​
Priest: magic-based healer, holy magic, blessings and buffs​
Knight: good damage and defense, and a similar balance of offensive and defensive skills​
Are those mostly in line with your thinking, or did you have something else in mind?
And while there's no limitation that classes have to match weapons, if you want her to specifically use two katanas maybe having some levels in samurai or maybe a class referencing using two swords. Musashi maybe, the name of the founder of the niten ichi-ryu style (to keep an Eastern theme going)?
Why was she granted that sobriquet, and what benefit(s) does is grant?
Maybe change Lotus Outfit to a daily use of evade/dodge/substitution just because I dislike things that rely on RNG when it comes to player actions.
The weapons seem fine, I'll leave what their combination actually does to you. They'd be legendary class weapons most likely, so rare but not unique.
The skills seem good, but I don't really need specific numbers. Just a general idea of strength is fine. So weakspot would be fine as something like "after three consecutive hits onto the same enemy her next hit deal increased damage", or just fully copy silver bolts and have it ignore defense. It's the same end effect really.
Remember that persona only refers to their in-game personality. We are not concerned with the person behind the monitor.

As for her legend, or play history, it doesn't make much sense. If she was known for soloing bosses then her trait of being not taken seriously wouldn't be there. So she'd have to have changed her name a while ago rather than more recently.

And then there's the issue of the guildmaster of Silver Linings not playing well with other high-ranking players. Though I think it could work in this case, assuming he wasn't aware of her true identity when they first met. He'd figure it out after seeing her fight a few times though.

That's all my thoughts on Loonstar91. Next in the queue is Goldylucks.

Note that I'm typing this up as I read the sheet, so it'll be mostly stream of conscious.

First up is Loonstar91, the waifu in need of protecc.
The name is very game-y, brownie points there.
Max level... I'll come back to this at the end.
Fun combination of classes.
Assassin: high speed, high damage, zero defenses, preparation and burst skills​
Rogue: high speed and agility, low defenses, stealth​
Priest: magic-based healer, holy magic, blessings and buffs​
Knight: good damage and defense, and a similar balance of offensive and defensive skills​
Are those mostly in line with your thinking, or did you have something else in mind?
And while there's no limitation that classes have to match weapons, if you want her to specifically use two katanas maybe having some levels in samurai or maybe a class referencing using two swords. Musashi maybe, the name of the founder of the niten ichi-ryu style (to keep an Eastern theme going)?
Why was she granted that sobriquet, and what benefit(s) does is grant?
Maybe change Lotus Outfit to a daily use of evade/dodge/substitution just because I dislike things that rely on RNG when it comes to player actions.
The weapons seem fine, I'll leave what their combination actually does to you. They'd be legendary class weapons most likely, so rare but not unique.
The skills seem good, but I don't really need specific numbers. Just a general idea of strength is fine. So weakspot would be fine as something like "after three consecutive hits onto the same enemy her next hit deal increased damage", or just fully copy silver bolts and have it ignore defense. It's the same end effect really.
Remember that persona only refers to their in-game personality. We are not concerned with the person behind the monitor.

As for her legend, or play history, it doesn't make much sense. If she was known for soloing bosses then her trait of being not taken seriously wouldn't be there. So she'd have to have changed her name a while ago rather than more recently.

And then there's the issue of the guildmaster of Silver Linings not playing well with other high-ranking players. Though I think it could work in this case, assuming he wasn't aware of her true identity when they first met. He'd figure it out after seeing her fight a few times though.

That's all my thoughts on Loonstar91. Next in the queue is Goldylucks.
Alright, let me reply to these things one after the other, just like you did.

First of all, thanks for your opinion and the points you made.

The classes work just fine. I was thinking she had tried out the lvl 10 classes for a bit, but every so often switching after some levels, because they didnt suit her, before she found that the high dps fast classes suit her most.

I oftenly see assasin characters in games have double blades, that´s why i thought that would work. If it is an issue, however, i can very well change a few levels here and there to include a samurai like class.

The sobriquet grants her two things. First, a visual addition when using any kind of ability. Just a shadowy shimmer that emits from her. Second, it makes her stealth abilities last slightly longer. That means she can get into position better, that´s all.

I can have the outfit slightly buff her speed, suiting a high rank outfit, thus giving her a better chance to evade attacks without involving RNG.

FOr the persona i tried to give reasoning why she lets people treat her the way she does, that´s why i went a bit out of the game.

Now to the legend. The idea was that about maybe half a year or a year ago, depends on your say, she changed her name. The famous player that she once was "disappeared", rumours have it, the player quit. (Some say the player died. You know how people and their rumors are). By now, there´s little talk about her anymore. She´d not really present as a strong player anymore and not really go all out, to not spark interest in herself again. That´s how she got to the silver linings. And that´s how she got her role there.

And luckily, the guildmaster won´t see her fight worth a high rank player a lot, because she actively tries to avoid drawing attetion to her skill.

. D O V E . D O V E

Let's go, round two!

Name is fun.
Level is pretty reasonable.
Mage and Tank are a bit too general. Given her fiery theme something like Fire Mage, Flame Elementalist, or Pyromancer might be best. And there are plenty of different kinds of tanks (ex. defender, guardian, paladin). There's also Armored Mage, which is a magic caster that sacrifices speed and mobility for defense.
The game allows for unused job levels (they're optional after all), but not class levels, as the player's level is just the sum of their class levels, so as she is she'd just be level 33.
Bard would be a combat class, not a job class. There would be other song/dance/music/performance jobs though.
I... actually like the idea of her having a sobriquet from something like a beauty pageant. The name will need changing though, both because it's a bit boring and because 2018 was decade and change before the game released. Also think about what boon her sobriquet would give.
The items are fine, and the limited item could be from participating in the beauty pageant, so that's all good.
Assuming she'll have a fire-based magic class her skills are all good.
And how do you think she'd have joined Silver Linings?

Overall I really like the character. Good work with her.

Oh, but be careful about bringing her real-world character into the game. While the character behind the screen is important for you to know them, the other players don't need to know about. The RP is only concerned with who people are in the context of the game.

Classes can be deleveled at any point, it just also lowers the player's level so they have to regain those levels to use them for another class. So your character could have done that, or she could get to that later.
Any class can equip any weapon (some exceptions), I was just thinking if she wanted to specialize in dual-wielding katanas or something.
Sobriquets are very end game content. What did she do to earn hers? Also, the effects granted are generally very powerful and game-changing. The rare case of cosmetic-only sobriquet effects would be from something odd like "winning an in-game beauty pageant" a la Dove's character.

So instead of her never getting to show her skills due to others preventing her it's herself hiding her skill? Is she being treated like she's weak, or is she acting weak? The distinction is important.

Classes can be deleveled at any point, it just also lowers the player's level so they have to regain those levels to use them for another class. So your character could have done that, or she could get to that later.
Any class can equip any weapon (some exceptions), I was just thinking if she wanted to specialize in dual-wielding katanas or something.
Sobriquets are very end game content. What did she do to earn hers? Also, the effects granted are generally very powerful and game-changing. The rare case of cosmetic-only sobriquet effects would be from something odd like "winning an in-game beauty pageant" a la Dove's character.

So instead of her never getting to show her skills due to others preventing her it's herself hiding her skill? Is she being treated like she's weak, or is she acting weak? The distinction is important.
Both really. She gets treated like she is weak, but she does nothing to change that and accepts that. So she does not really pretend to be, but she doesnt really try to show strength either. She happy kinda just... being.

The sobriquet is due to her abilities in kiting bosses with stealth abilities. That´s mainly how she solod them, kiting intelligently, attacking in the right moments and running in the right moments. As she earned quite a lot of fame for that, after a while, she recieved the sobriquet. Though, if you ask her today what the effect is, that emits when she uses an ability, she´ll say it´s an event cosmetic she bought for real money.

Last edited:
Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

Ooh, is that a glow on the text? Looking good.

You're missing a few of the beginning sections, so I'll just read from what was in the sheet posted in the interest check for those sections.

Copycat is a common name, and since he isn't a release player it likely would have been taken.
There isn't any "finding" of classes, they are all available from the start, or at least as soon as they're added to the game.
Mimic doesn't seem like a very solid class (IMO). What it's doing could be done either as an Illusionist or in combination of that and Mime. He could still use skills to copy enemy appearance and skills (at least visually), but he would also have some useful skills besides just copying (if he decided to break character to do so).

I'm not really sold on the character as-is, but more because of it not feeling very game-character-esque than the idea of it being bad.

ShadowedNexus ShadowedNexus

Not much to cover on this one. The character is good.

BUT, he would not be a member of Silver Linings. He isn't unique or quirky enough for IVIercury to want to collect, especially being a high-ranker. If anything Az is the kind of player IVIercury would dislike for taking the game too seriously.

ShadowedNexus ShadowedNexus

Not much to cover on this one. The character is good.

BUT, he would not be a member of Silver Linings. He isn't unique or quirky enough for IVIercury to want to collect, especially being a high-ranker. If anything Az is the kind of player IVIercury would dislike for taking the game too seriously.
What do you think I could change to have him fit in a bit more, I'm open to suggestions

I'll work more on it when I get home from work. Everything is there, the first half is hidden under his picture, it is clickable. Not sure why I did it that way, but I thought it was cool.

. D O V E . D O V E

Let's go, round two!

Name is fun.
Level is pretty reasonable.
Mage and Tank are a bit too general. Given her fiery theme something like Fire Mage, Flame Elementalist, or Pyromancer might be best. And there are plenty of different kinds of tanks (ex. defender, guardian, paladin). There's also Armored Mage, which is a magic caster that sacrifices speed and mobility for defense.
The game allows for unused job levels (they're optional after all), but not class levels, as the player's level is just the sum of their class levels, so as she is she'd just be level 33.
Bard would be a combat class, not a job class. There would be other song/dance/music/performance jobs though.
I... actually like the idea of her having a sobriquet from something like a beauty pageant. The name will need changing though, both because it's a bit boring and because 2018 was decade and change before the game released. Also think about what boon her sobriquet would give.
The items are fine, and the limited item could be from participating in the beauty pageant, so that's all good.
Assuming she'll have a fire-based magic class her skills are all good.
And how do you think she'd have joined Silver Linings?

Overall I really like the character. Good work with her.

Oh, but be careful about bringing her real-world character into the game. While the character behind the screen is important for you to know them, the other players don't need to know about. The RP is only concerned with who people are in the context of the game.
Thanks for the feedback!

I'll be change the Mage to Pryromancer then! I'll put something random there since she's a noob and she doesn't know what to level up
I'mma fix that job
Also fixing that
and LOL I just came up with that sobriquet cause idk what else to put. Do you have any suggestion ;: 3( ?
The tiara is actually a reward from winning the pageant XD i forgot to mention it

Maybe she was saved by your overconfident cocky leader while battling a (SUPER) easy monster and she's like "this guy is useful" so she stuck with him??

I will be careful, don't worry!

Alright, I've changed a lot. Haven't put in how he joined the guild yet nor have I done any equipment. I am not quite sure what kind of equipment I want yet.

S Say my Name

Well, I'll give you this one, I was not expecting anyone to make an actually reasonable full level-1 character.

As with all of the other max-level characters I'm hesitant to fully approve. Silver Linings isn't exactly meant to be full of level-cap characters. There will be plenty of time to farm and grind during the story.

I didn't count, but I'll take your word on there being 80 classes, and they all seem reasonable. Bravo on taking advantage of job classes to turn a completely useless character into one both useful and valuable to any group.

The sobriquet is actually pretty solid as well, though I'd be curious how he managed to either get to Asiyah or get his hands on materials from that realm, as getting there involves ascending the endless World Tree to the very top, something even whole high-tier guilds struggle with. I've added a summary of each update to the Lore page. It's effects could even be slightly buffed (such as it simply being a chance for a crafted item to be of a higher tier - common to rare+, rare to legend+, legend possibly gaining some kind of enchantment(s)). Sobriquets are strong.

Infinite Rookie is a specific player, so while not impossible its unlikely he'd have an item named after him or made to fit his build so well. I'd recommend either having him use some sort of mutitool (omni-tool?) weapon that simply has the property of being able to change into a basic version of multiple different weapon types. Alternatively he could just have a lot of different weapons and use cash-shop consumables to instantly swap equipment mid-combat. And if you still want a cool staff with a useful effect you can just give it an effect that powers up low-tier spells at the cost of weakening high-tier spells.

For the armor, to prevent the creation of equipment that just has stupidly high stats, what if it gave increased defense to attacks if the wearer's defense was considerably lower than the attack's strength? It would be useless for high-level play but would be invaluable for a low-level player, or a player with such an inefficient build as an IR build.

I don't see the use of the cape since players have a (pretty much) infinite inventory and can pull consumables out whenever.
Now to adapt his fun items.

Ring of Exchanging changed to -> Ring of Translocation: Allows the wearer to use the Translocation Life spell once per day (not sure about the hard number).
Translocation Life: Swaps the user's Health and Mana.

Chains of Binding changed to -> Chains of Temperance : Allows the wearer to use the Delayed Binding spell (insert some cooldown here).
Delayed Binding: After the user channels uninterrupted for 10 seconds, the target is bound and unable to move for 10 seconds (reduced against higher-level enemies).

For skills just keep in mind that everything your character does in terms of using skills will be very, very weak. Adaptability and utility is about all he's got going for him here. His real selling point is his crafting.

Him streaming could have some entertaining in-game effects.

How do you think he would have met IVIercury / joined Silver Linings. Keep in mind that IVIercury has a dislike for other high-levels (though your character probably wouldn't trigger this given his inherent inefficency).

Overall a really solid character.

Huh, so I don't have to be level 80? Cool, I'll knock him down to a lower level, giving focus on his illusion and mime classes.

Actually, on the thought of a character with 80 classes, would there be any synergy between those classes? Like is that an actual ingame thing where certain classes boost the strengths of others?

Edit: My character is now level forty and I've also reduced the effects of his skills. Still no equipment though.

Last edited:
All the points I've made in response to yours are in the same order you posted them.

Hahaha, I aim to surprise, I thought it would be pretty interesting to have a character that's just got like an army of very basic skills.

Yeah, that makes sense.

I'm like 99.99% certain that it's spot on 80 I checked it and re-checked it. Yeah it occurred to me that a completely and utterly useless character would be boring to play so instead of being good at combat I wanted to be more of a character that's more useful out of combat than in.

I'll add in how he managed to make it too Asiyah. It'll be something along the lines of him part-time joining a PvE guild where he agreed to do all the crafting and repairing if he gets bonus materials from the drops.

Ohh a multitool...I like that idea what rank would that be? (rare, legendary etc..). That's also pretty much the idea behind the Staff of Infinity Rookie. I'm also totally stealing that staff idea just something to make him a tad better in combat.

That's a much better idea for the armor than what I thought of I'll use that.

The cape is more just instead of having a bag to pull items out more of an Aesthetic item than a useful one.

Much like the armor I like the ring idea better gonna steal that too.

Much like the armor and the ring I like the Chain of Temperance better too also gonna steal that.

Oh yeah, that's the plan behind him all his skills are terrible but it's his adaptability that is his only strong point combat wise.

That's the main reason I added the streaming aspect just something that could add some entertaining in-game effects.

My I have two ideas behind how he would have met IVIercury / joined Silver Linings the first would be that one day at one of the various locations his stream started to go crazy after seeing a player (IVIercury) and after being persuaded JOAT went over and talked to him which would definitely show off JOAT's quirk and maybe for whatever reason IVIercury asked him to join.

The second idea is that maybe IVIercury was looking for someone to enchant or craft some gear for him and was put onto JOAT by some player saying he was a high-level crafter and upon finding JOAT's IVIercury would have seen both his IR build, his strange quirk and the fact that he isn't part of a guild and would possibly have tried to recruit him telling him about the various weird quirks in the guild to which since it sounds like it would be incredibly funny to both himself and his views JOAT decided to accept the offer. Do either of these ideas work?

OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back