• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
[div class="Flex LucValues"][div class=Image][/div] [div class=Content][div class=Title]Lucia Fountaine[/div] [div class=InfoBar] [div class=Location]LOCATION Dark Forest[/div] [div class=Mentions]INTERACTIONS Epiphany Epiphany Graystone713 Graystone713 Hanarei Hanarei ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Birdsie Birdsie Inheritance Inheritance [/div] [div class=CS]CS[/div][/div]Way ahead of everyone else, Lucia was already asleep. After Elodin came back and made his speech, she gave a silent confirmation by going to sleep. There was no point in trying to argue or deliberate anymore, a threat was present, and as much energy as possible was needed for the next day.

Lucia had propped herself against a tree, placed her sword between her legs, and began to nap. This was the position she almost always took when traveling. While it wasn't comfortable, it did provide enough rest. Likewise, after years of experience, her sleep was never too deep, as she was trained to be able to respond at any moment. Well, in any case, she'll probably wake up early before dawn, a normal routine for adventurers.

The matters regarding the world didn't alarm the Pioneer too much. Or perhaps it was just an experienced adventurer used to the matters of life and death. Either way, she had no firm opinion, as her purpose still remained one of information seeking. Still, she'll have to bring up such matters with the next meeting of Pioneers before the Guildmaster, if they survived long enough for it.

But before she could ponder more, sleep had eclipsed her, perhaps sparing her from the lovey dovey atmosphere. [/div][/div] [class=LucValues] --char-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/OBC6pGh.jpg'); --char-position: 17.5% 20%; --char-size: 450%; --bg-color: black; --title-font: 'Cormorant'; --title-size: 42px; --title-color: #dbd0c3; --title-bg: rgba(0,0,0,0.8); --text-font: 'Montserrat'; --subtitle-size: .66em; [/class] [class=Flex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=Image] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; max-height: 800px; background-image: var(--char-image); background-color: var(--bg-color); background-size: var(--char-size); background-position: var(--char-position); background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=Title] position: relative; height: auto; width: 100%; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: left; font-size: var(--title-size); font-family: var(--title-font); color: currentColor; line-height: 1.1; [/class] [class=Content] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: var(--text-font); line-height: 1.5; [/class] [class=InfoBar] position: relative; width: 100%; height: auto; border: 1px solid currentColor; border-left: 0px solid transparent; border-right: 0px solid transparent; box-sizing: border-box; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: flex-start; padding: 2px 0; font-size: var(--subtitle-size); margin-bottom: 5px; [/class] [class=Location] position: relative; display: block; margin-right: 5px; [/class] [class=Mentions] position: relative; display: block; [/class] [class=CS] position: relative; display: block; margin-left: auto; [/class]

1580360433634.png
Elodin Evernight
"A long stretch of road will teach you more about yourself than a hundred years of quiet introspection."
---Unknown---

"A damn shadow hmm?" The voice was filled with venomous mockery, twisting an invisible dagger into his back. "She means nothing to you then?" The voice came again just as it had before, a cruel reminder of the mistake he had just made. The emotional pain rocketed through his body with such a force that he felt it in a physical sense; his gut tightening with a sinking feeling that made him feel like his head was about to roll off. He might have just ruined the best relationship (on all levels) in his life and he didn't even have the courage to face Lacuna and tell her how he felt.

"You really fucked up this time didn't you? And all because you listened to your heart. Do you not listen to anything I've taught you?" It wasn't a question, it was more mockery. It was shoving his mistake back in his face, forcing him to relive it again and again. Hilax was always good at this, keeping dark memories burned into his mind and shoving joyful ones deep into forgetfulness. Hilax was always watching, always ready to swoop in and strike him when he was down.

"Shut UP!" Elodin growled back, not knowing if he was speaking with his mind or mouth. His eyes darted around looking for Lacuna, his solace when Hilax's presence got too strong. When she was near Hilax seemed to retreat, and when she spoke to him the only voice he could hear was hers. As he rapidly searched for her in the dark, he was painfully reminded that she wasn't there with him. He was alone.

"Just leave! Run away from the group, it's what you're good at! You ran away from your family, you ran away from the other world, and now you can run away from Lacuna and this god forsaken group. You surround yourself with these bafoons so that you will feel less alone, but as I've told you a thousand times: You will always be alone." Hilax's voice echoed through his mind louder than ever before, his evil laughter echoing through his thoughts.

Elodin was alone. He was alone in the dark without the only being that ever looked at him as if he were more than just a tool. She had kept him safe from Hilax sure, but she had also been the first and only person that he could sit with for hours and be content to his core. She used to be a being of Groth-Lakkar just like any other; a creature that he wanted to sap knowledge and power from until he had learned all he could. He was excited to steal knowledge from such a powerful being and was more than confident that he could learn all of her secrets. But in their dance of wit she had led and she had followed, but she never lost control. She was always in the driver's seat, always one step ahead of him. Always ready to start the next dance with the same respect for him she had in the beginning. She had never tried to steal control or forcibly take it; she had convinced him to give it to her without realizing he had lost it.

Hilax was different. He imposed his will on him, and in this moment of weakness Hilax was stronger than ever digging his claws deeper into Elodin. His voice was so loud in Elodin's mind he was astounded nobody else could hear it. He strained against Hilax for what seemed like hours, their minds clashing in a silent war. Elodin was unaware how much time had passed, but just as he was about to give up Hilax's presence retreated leaving Elodin alone and scared.

He peered back into the campsite from his shadows, seeing most of the group asleep but not Lacuna. He almost stepped into the firelight, but stopped himself when he realized he had no plan. What was he to do now, act like nothing had happened and continue with the group? And what of Lacuna, what was he supposed to say? She was an ancient and very powerful being and probably didn't care about what he had said. She had probably kept her calm demeanor and was watching over the group from the shadows while he went off like a child.

He knew he needed to apologize-not because of any feelings he might have had, but because it was simply not something you said to an ally. He needed to bury these irrational thoughts and move on; they clearly were nothing more than friends that had both knew Groth-Lakkar. Obviously there was nothing more going on, so he needed to make a quick apology and expect her to get up and moving again. This was a tiny offense, and it would be easily dealt with because no real feelings had been hurt. That's right...no real feelings were hurt. He began repeating this to himself trying to convince himself it was the truth; so far in denial that he didn't realize that he knew he was lying.

He expanded his conciousness through the shadows as he tried to locate Lacuna. Within a matter of seconds he had found her and floated through the shadows towards her. His heart began to race and if he had been in a complete physical form cold sweat would have been running down his face.

"Lacuna...?" He whispered through the darkness. "I think we need to talk..."

Epiphany Epiphany

BkVJxkE.png
Charon Ashbringer

Well she sure managed to bumble her way into a bit of a situation. Her little fumbling of words had elicited a much more fiery reaction from Elodin then she had expected. She had tried to downplay her insinuation but it was clear now with his reaction it had only seemed to spark a much more volatile outburst by him. To say she felt a bit uneasy was likely an understatement. How she wished she hadn't been the one to let it slip the idea of a romantic interest between them two. It would of been a much more comfortable position to be part of the crowd rather then getting herself broiled between it. Even if it was ultimately an affair that was between Elodin and Lacuna she now was inserted into it even if she existed only as that of some reminder of it all.

Damn it Charon... why did you have to be so stupid and slip up that horribly?

Lacuna's words had only made her feel that much worst. Now she felt even more guilty being a catalyst to cause such a thing. Yet again managing to find her in affairs far above her own capabilities. She heard her offer to keep watch.... then the line of being just a shadow. She kept a light awkward smile on her lips poorly hiding the unease she felt as the woman went and sunk into the shadows. It wasn't like she had really much to say, she wasn't exactly the most experienced type when it came to romance. Damn... and why did she think it was that way? I mean... it seemed rather clear to her they cared for each other she wasn't born yesterday but.

Bad Charon bad, that's how you got herself into trouble for the first time. Just drop it for now, best to not make things worst for now.

"Ah..w... well if you need my help don't be afraid to wake me! I am more then adapt at managing without needing a full rest... yes! Good night for now!" She fumbled briefly not certain how to end it as she was quick to settle down to sleep. She made sure to turn away... more so vaguely where Lacuna was do to lacking any real awareness where she might be without actively attempting to seek her out. She rested her blade by her side keeping it close mostly for the safety of others rather then the fear of it being taken as she went to sleep... well at least shut her eyes finding it a bit difficult to drift to sleep after what she had caused.

Mentioned: Inheritance Inheritance Epiphany Epiphany

Chum Teeth
Bed dummies and true love.

Chum was a little bewildered by the new human's immediate wish to join her on her watch, but before she could properly consider the ramifications, drama happened. The Dark man, unable to admit he felt anything for the Lady Darke, had done something stupid. He claimed not to care, he claimed that he didn't feel a damn thing for her because she was 'a damn shadow'. The Goblin saw the man cutting himself on those words, and she saw those same words cut the lady darke far deeper. This was the sort of moment that could break a shallow love, or make a true one come back stronger. They clutched at the bones. Felt the soul within ache just as hers did at the sight. Chum knew a lot about love. But she was fortunate enough not to have seen a love rip itself apart, and thus unfortunate enough not to know what to do when it did. So Chum seemingly went to bed.

Half an hour later, Chum was sure that enough people were asleep that they wouldn’t notice her absence. The coarse grasses were woven into a rough spherical shape, and a long blade jutted from each side. Anyone who got a close look would realize it was fake, but a far-away sleepy humanoid would probably see it as a goblin’s head. The real question wasn’t so much if Lacuna could tell-Chum was certain she would see the fake for what it was-it was more about whether Lacuna cared. But Chum thought she heard whispers... The Dark Man? Elodin? Chum felt she could take a chance to slip away now.

Now, away from prying eyes and ears (yet close enough for a scream or a yell to carry) Chum began her rituals. First, the binding of the bear claws. The bones were cleaned, the symbols were cut, and the circle was drawn. All that was left was for Chum to call the spirits and bind them. So, much time was spent doing just that.

Finally, almost two hours after Chum snuck away, the bindings were done. The bears had been stubborn, but the allure of Mana and blood won the day. Now, Chum brought out the dice.

“I’ll swim and sail on savage seas, with ne’er a fear of drow-ning... And gladly ride the waves of life, if you will marry me...”

She began, singing quietly as the bones began to glow.

“No scorching sun nor freezing cold will stop me on my journey, if you will promise me your heart, and love me for eternity...”

Now Chum awaited an answer as she poured magic into the bones.

“My dearest one, my darling dear, your mighty words astound me. I’ve no need of mighty deeds when I feel your arms a-round me!”

came the enthusiastic response of a spectral figure, who took the living Goblin’s hand readily and pulled her to her feet to dance as she took up the song again.

“But I would bring you rings of gold, I’d even sing you poetry, and I would keep you from all harm if you would stay beside me!”

“I have no use for rings of gold, I care not for your poetry, I only want your hand to hold!”

“I only want you near me!”

now they were lost in the song, just as they were lost in each other. The tempo and their voices picked up, and if anyone in camp were awake, they might hear a few scattered words as they started to harmonize.

“To love, to kiss, to sweetly hold!
For the dancing and the dreaming!
Through all of life’s sorrows
and delights
I’ll keep your laugh inside me!
I’ll swim and sail on savage seas
with ne’er a fear of drowning,
And gladly ride the waves so white,
If you will marry meee~!”

they sang together, holding each other tight as they danced the last few steps, and hitting a high enough note that someone had to have noticed.

“So... it’s a dangerous road ahead. I’ll brave every bit of it for us, but... If I don’t-“

“Oh stop. Your companions are strong enough to save us, and even if they’re not, I’m strong enough to save you. Just keep going. I know you.”

“I will, I swear it.”

“Actually, you can’t keep going. Not without some sleep! C’mon, it’s late and you’ve hard trail to break!”

“Yeeeaaah, I will. I’ll see you tomorrow night.”

“and I, you.”

were the apparition’s last words before she vanished, and Chum started sneaking back to camp...

Inheritance Inheritance Epiphany Epiphany

IDO8ZYK.png
Lacuna Episkiazo

Inheritance Inheritance
She took her position in the shadows, silently watching over the campsite and her travel companions, slowly turning in and going to sleep. For her part, Lacuna concentrated on simply being shadow. All of Elodin's travel and activity during the day had accustomed her to the limiting shape of sunlight, and being around all these mortals made it too easy to think like a mortal herself. Perhaps that's why she felt burdened with all of this...feeling. This familiar anger and unfamiliar grief, lingering frustration and wishfulness in equal parts mixed into an emotional state inimical to what she'd always been.

The shadow still struggled with containing all of this strange sensation when Elodin chose to visit with her.

"So you wish to talk," Lacuna said, echoing her summoner's words. "Go on. You brought me here. You are the only bridge I have with home. You have all the power here, Master Evernight. What do you wish of me."

The words themselves were empty of feeling, empty even of curiosity. But the expression on Lacuna's face was of a woman who didn't know how to hide her hurt.

Meanwhile, Chum had no issues slipping away while the shadow was distracted.

1581214537194.png
Elodin Evernight
Lacuna's words couldn't have hurt him more if she had driven a knife into his side. Seeing her hurt plain on her face, Elodin would have given up his right arm to have undone what he had said. Master Evernight? She had never called him that before, even in mockery. Was she actually angry with him? He was stunned into silence by her words, trying to think of a way to talk to her. He was normally very good at reading people (he was an illusionist, mimicking people and catching on to little details was something he did every day), but he couldn't even guess how she felt. Was she hurt? Was she mocking him for his failure to keep himself composed? Or perhaps the entire idea of them being friends and allies was just another illusion that he had manifested in his life.

"If I held that power..." He began carefully, "I wouldn't have said what I just did. You know better than I do that I have never been able to make demands of you, nor would I ever wish to."

Stupid. Why was his mind going so blank? He was usually such a quick thinker and sharp talker, so why did it feel like he was thinking through molasses? A lie would be an even greater insult to her than if he just said nothing, and trying to assume the position of the "Master Evernight" she had made him out to be would have destroyed any bridges he had with her. So he settled for the most terrifying thing he could think of: Truth.

"Lacuna I...I don't know why I said that. I don't know why I got so flustered at her accusation, and I don't know where in my mind that came from. I wish I could be as strong as you, and control myself as you do...but I...I can't even voice how..." His voice dropped to a low whisper, and as he watched her in the blackness there was a moment where the black voids on his face faded, leaving a pair of amber eyes. "I have never regretted anything more...what I mean to say, is, I am sorry and...well I would do anything..." He fell silent, unable to continue. Damn his emotions. Damn his humanity. Damn his lack of self control. He was silent as he tried to pick up the pieces of his mind so he could either tell her how he felt, or figure out how to fix this.

Epiphany Epiphany

1581217265650.png
Hilax, the Unchained
"The skies darken, my nightmare grows stronger."
Elodin's emotional outburst had been a point of hilarity for Hilax. The scared, foolish child that disguised himself as a leader crumbled under the weight of the weak words of the Godslayer; a disgrace to any student that studied under him. If Elodin was not hiding in the mortal plane, he would have punished the child in a way that would make the Gods cringe. What infuriated him even more was when he ignored his advice to go and beg the forgiveness of Lacuna. Damn Lacuna. Her charms and her fascination with mortals had always been something Hilax had looked down on, but to follow a mortal into the Prime Material plane so she could what, court the boy? She was a disgrace to Groth-Lakkar!

He was not actually in the material plane, simply dancing around it. His power was great, and Elodin had almost given him free access to both worlds. He was so close, until Lacuna swept in and pulled him away from his grasp. From that moment on he had loathed her and had vowed to get his revenge. He had tried to drive a wedge between the her and Elodin since she had followed him to the mortal plane with little success, but perhaps this little event would finally give him the opportunity he needed.

His plotting was interrupted by a ripple in reality. The spirits were restless, and even in Groth-Lakkar he could feel the material plane and the ethereal plane mixing. Separating himself from Elodin's mind, the consciousness of Hilax released Elodin and traveled throguh the darkness to find the source of the interruption. It took him a few seconds before he located the source, and as the goblin-creature sang and danced, Hilax looked on with disgust.

If he had been fully materialized, he would have torn the goblin's head off and been on his merry way. If he had even been half materialized, he would have skinned the goblin and left it to suffer. But being only a shadow of a consciousness all he could do was speak and terrify it, but as luck would have it, that's all he needed.

"You lost a lover..." His voice echoed in her mind. "And you still dance with it. How touching. Who knew Goblins had emotions?" There was a great sinister laughter that seemed to rebound across the dark trees, but was really only in her mind.

"You think you're strong? Our dark friend would tear you to pieces before you could even scream. I could break your mind and drive you to madness while your "friends" watched you slowly die. Your display of affection is sickening, and your song is vile. Elodin sends his radiating disgust." The darkness seemed to creep around the goblin, moving in and waiting for an opportunity to strike.

Graystone713 Graystone713

IDO8ZYK.png
Lacuna Episkiazo

Inheritance Inheritance
She was used to seeing the calculation in Elodin's eyes, as he weighed a response and carefully chose his words. There was something else there that she didn't entirely understand but then he was mortal. Eminently predictable, except when they weren't.

Lacuna's eyes narrowed as he began to speak, as he tried to explain his motives if that could be believed. Who talked about their motives? He knew the game as well as she did; point and counterpoint, put on the pretense to trick your audience and if you were really good you could make them eager to be tricked. As Eldoin's explanation went on, though, it failed to pass that test. The ruse required absolute confidence, something Elodin had in abundance. Why was he feigning a lack of it?

But then, why was she feigning having it? Lacuna still stood tall and strong, the Shadow of Groth-Lakkar, but this man's words sank within her darkness and lingered instead of being swallowed up whole.

"I don't know what you want," she said at last, her brow furrowed in a way that suggests an impending headache. "I don't know why you would do anything for me. Why you regret and why you're apologizing now, with seeming sincerity. I've known you for some time, Elodin, and our relationship has always been built on mutual convenience, on each having something the other wants. Yet ever since you brought me to the Material, it's-" her eyes squeezed closed briefly, again looking like she had a headache.

Lacuna's eyes opened once more, mere specks of brilliance lost within the shadowy substance of her form, this far away from the campfire. "You say you don't know why you spoke that way to me. I scarcely know how to speak to you either, sometimes, when you're like this." She sighed then. "Go to bed. Get your rest. Tomorrow may be deadly for some of us. If you would truly do 'anything' for me, then give me the night to..." Lacuna paused, thought about it and finally said, "To think about today so I can put these events in their proper place. Rest."

She reached up to cup his cheek, swallowed up in shadow as he was. "I'll watch over you and make sure no harm comes to you or yours. As always."

1581703822803.png
Elodin Evernight
As Lacuna spoke, he felt several waves of emotions crash around him. He was ashamed of the fact that he had lost his cool in front of Lacuna, and he was hurt that she knocked the wind out of his seemingly sincere sails, and he was relieved that she was not fully angry. There was wisdom in her words, and after hearing them his thoughts were spinning and his heart had a dull ache that he couldn't explain. As she touched him, he nodded slightly and reached up to hold her hand against his face. But it was over in a second-he let go and gracefully backed away from her with a deep nod that could have almost been a bow.

"Yes...Sleep is what I need..." He said quietly, almost as if he was trying to convince himself.

He situated himself against a tree, half in the shadows and half in the dimming firelight. His head was spinning, not sure how to compose himself. Perhaps sleep really would help, though he knew that no matter how hard he tried he wouldn't be able to fall fully asleep. It was one of the few things that had worried him over the past several months-some foods he couldn't digest, water tasted like rust, and his sleep was tormented by nightmares and kept him away from a full rest. He didn't want to sleep, but without any better idea, he slowly nodded off- stuck between the light of the fire and the void of the shadows beyond.

The night passed uneventfully, but the next morning brought very little to raise the group's spirits. It was no longer pitch black, but it was still dark and cold and rather unnerving. The night had been too quiet for anyone to have gotten a proper sleep, for even the dullest of fools could tell that the silence was unnatural and unfriendly. The charcoals of the fire were cold, and there seemed to be a chill in the air that wasn't there before. The path behind them looked overgrown and sealed in despite the fact that they had traversed it just yesterday.

Elodin assumed he was the first one awake, though he didn't check the others. Though his sleep was dreamless, he had woken up several times in the night for seemingly no reason-and the lack of nightmares unnerved him almost as much as the nightmares would have. He could almost feel the dark rings under his eyes and the the general disorder of his appearance, so with a quick spell he took the appearance of a well rested and very healthy Elodin- one that hadn't been real in about 6 months. Still, the sleep he got cleared his head just enough for him to regain his composure, and he shoved the other thoughts that nagged at him away for another time.

Breakfast was dry and cold, and before long the group was up and moving through the forest. Elodin assumed that if they moved fast, they could get near the center of the woods before nightfall, but that was a discussion of it's own. Despite the fact that awkwardness clung to the air and nobody was talking, Elodin knew that the only way there were going to survive is if they moved on from the past night. After confirming with the goblin about their timing, he addressed the group.

"Guys we have a slight dilemma. We seem to be at an awkward timing where we will either get to the center of the woods at nightfall. While this isn't a terrible thing, and it means we're making great time, it does mean that we will face whatever is in the forest at night." The party continued walking as he spoke. "I assume most of you don't want to face this adversary at night, but if we camp out before hand we'll be spending another night here-this time much closer to the center. I figure I'd put it up to a vote."

He didn't stop walking, nor did he actually look anyone in the eye when he asked this. He was composed, and if last night was erased from everyone's mind, nobody would think he was any different. He was a master actor, a great liar, and had his magic to back up his looks. The other heavy thoughts and worries that constantly beat against his consciousness were locked away in a hidden door deep within his mind.

Epiphany Epiphany Birdsie Birdsie Hanarei Hanarei Graystone713 Graystone713 Alteras Alteras ShadowBroker ShadowBroker

Chum Teeth
Sleepless nights in shadow

Chum was almost back to camp, ready for a restful night’s sleep when the voice spoke. The harpoon materialized in one hand, ready to throw; the knife appeared in the other, ready to slash and pierce. Chum saw and felt the shadows move... But no attack ever came. So, still ready to fight, Chum slowly snuck back to camp, the words the darkness said lingering in the mind...

“Can’t die yet... Can’t die before she lives... Elodin can’t kill before we’re out of the woods.”

Chum said, at first affirming your herself that survival was the priority, then coming to a revelation: Elodin had only gotten them so far because Chum was leading. Chum was keeping the pace. A brilliant idea came to be, and if Chum survived the night, she’d put it to action. But for now, she snuck back into place, and kept her knife in hand...

— In the morning —

Chum awoke with a start. She’d been watching the shadows for hours, and finding that she fell asleep when she meant to be on guard was jarring, to say the least. She listened to Elodin speak, and got a groggy smile... He was actually kind of playing into her hands, here. So, with a yawn, she started talking.

“Don’t think we got a choice, Dark Man. Yeah, we can teeechnically make dat distance in dat time... But the trail gets tougher n rougher, and we’re gon be exhausted when we arrive. Fightin’ tired is stupid. We should go about half-and-quarter distance today, last quarter tomorrow. Heck, if the trail’s rough as it looks, we might have trouble goin’ that far, even.”

Chum said, and while she wasn’t lying per se, there was some exaggeration there... And the fact that Chum would be leading the way. A few turns into the overly dense areas of wood, a few more poisonous plants to clear, and a bit of acting, then Chum could delay them as long as she needed... And have a night to ‘talk’ with Elodin. With a knife. But probably not blood. That would be foolish.

BkVJxkE.png
Charon Ashbringer

Charon had awoken feeling generally refreshed. Sure it wasn't the best sleep she got but she had trained to stand sleeping for less them then normal even if only temporarily. She let out a yawn stretching as she got herself up and ready to go. The food was far from the most heartwarming way to start the way but it was what you could expect while being out in the wild. Food in the stomach was food in the end, better to eat something then to go on starving! To think she had been use to rather unsatisfying meals for so much of her life and yet now having had relative luxury for such a short time it had managed to make things less palatable then it once was.

Traveling forward it was rather quiet. Charon couldn't help but glance about seeming a little uneasy by everyone's general demeanor. She couldn't tell if they were all down or it was more so her own mind playing tricks on her. The whole deal she started up between the two... companions lingering in her mind as perhaps having made things a bit awkward for the group. It wasn't the most comforting way to get to sleep ontop of the fact there was danger in the forest they were sleeping in clearly out to kill them. What she said could of easily pushed things over the edge moral wise.

No no... you are just over thinking it. I mean it is possible. No no... just not likely on the right foot... or maybe I'm just overthinking it. Probably the latter... Yes.. makes the most sense.

She thought to herself trying to convince herself otherwise. Sure enough it was only a matter of time before Elodin spoke up shifting her focus forward to him as he spoke. She turned to look at Chum as she seemed to speak up against traveling being more in favor of taking a rest. Charon lifted her hand up to her face, tapping lightly on her chin with one finger in thought. The idea of camping to her seemed to be asking for trouble, not to mention being so close to the threat likely meant a 'good night rest' wouldn't even be a thing. It was only going to likely wear them down further if they tried to sit it out for the night.

"I vote we forge on! Whoever or whatever it might be we are marching towards is going to know we are close. If we sit and rest for the night there is a good chance we will get ambushed and having a full rest will be near impossible. Our best option is to charge in and act quickly and not given whatever evil-dooer it maybe a reason to fear us." She spoke rather upbeat giving a thumbs up finding her choice of words... a little more cringy then she had intended. She had to really work on getting a better choice of words to use when it came to trying to spark up moral and confidence. Minor as it may end up being it still wasn't exactly the most uplifting thing to have something come off awkward.

"If we really need a rest I vote we take it before we get there even if it means having to travel a bit at night. The further distance away from the threat when we rest, the less likely we will be interrupted in the process. I do believe though if we can go without, that is the far better option just taking a stead pace to get there. I'll be here either way to make sure you all get through this in one piece!" She spoke offering a bit of a compromise in the off chance they might prefer a rest albeit pushing for them to get there in one straight trek.

Mentioned: Inheritance Inheritance Epiphany Epiphany Graystone713 Graystone713

Emem Imamu
' The Silent '

Once awaken Emem remained meditating, both of his eyes closed as he heard the conversation going on about another planning... such a dull exchange of obvious factors while he saw himself abandoned at the forest's mercy surrounded by strangers. He sighed slightly as the thought of leaving them seem more and more tempting to him... after all, he needed no magical item, dark companion or the spirits to return through his steps using his powers to push forward back to the city which he was meant to arrive. The thought lingered as he kept on recovering his inner powers, that was the sorcerer's way. Although his abilities were still raw and untamed, he certainly had no problem to unleash it all in order to return

Every time he thought about it, the maw... the abyss on which he was brought back to life... he could feel a part of him tearing through his mind, poisoning his soul. The roaring thunder that demanded an equal audible representation, not be silently walking among mortals.

He barely touched the food, chewing what little he needed to move on. Slavery taught him how much food one really needs to keep on existing... and it was unlikely he was going to lift weight with the powers which most represented him. Besides - it was not like he was eating a full of flavor feast to begin with. Once he opened his eyes, the air changed direction with subtlety like a gust of wind that originated from inside of him to outwards around him. He slowly stood up and walked towards the group that were taking a new decision as to what to do in which he responded with a...

He pointed towards Charon and nodded in agreement, "Kill it." a dry respond which he followed with a expressionless looked among the group "Night. Day." The man shook his head, it mattered little to him as his eyes grew brighter and lightning came out from them harmlessly. "Thunder." to which he nodded with determination, his right hand pointing upwards. "Storm, rain." posing his palm over his chest before aiming towards one of the trees. "The way?"

1581994538015.png
Elodin Evernight

After the newcomer spoke (though there was hardly any speaking involved), Elodin continued to survey the rest of the group. With a few quick words Lacuna cast her vote for a fight in the shadows-a response that was expected due to her abilities to fight in the darkness. He himself was much more powerful when shadows were heavy, but Lacuna's ability to fight in the darkness far exceeded his own. It was a terrifying thought to imagine her destroying something from the shadows, but it was comforting to have that ability on your side. He nodded at the expected answer as he waited for the rest to speak.

From the moment Elodin had brought up the question, Lucius had been staring at him. It was slightly unnerving, but as long as Elodin didn't focus too much on his gaze he felt alright. He knew that Lucius was the person that would have seen the most of his little outburst last night, and he didn't like that he could see so easily within him. It was silent for a moment before Lucius finally spoke up, pointing out the advantages that Lacuna and Elodin would bring to the table if they fought at night. His answer surprised Elodin.

The answers of everyone surprised Elodin, as he expected a fairly heavy vote towards fighting in the day. He had no problems with the current outcome of course, rather glad that they would be able to fight in the dark, but was worried that the rest of the party hadn't thought out what fighting in near pitch black would be like. He had seen Charon's "use" of her sword early on, and while he was extremely disappointing with her lack of control, he did feel like her power would be a great asset in the fight that was to come. The spreading flames and her dangerous blade would make a good weapon against whatever was controlling these animals-assuming it didn't torch the party first.

But all of this seemed to fall apart as Chum spoke. It was a two day travel from here to the center? Every day they were out here put them all more and more at risk, and spending another night out here and then traveling a full day just to get to the center frustrated him. Elodin found it hard to believe, but he was no woodsman, and was forced to accept the decision of the more experienced goblin. He shook his head as he spoke.

"You're saying two days, then? Fine. Can you set up our pace so that we arrive in the center during a nightfall? I hate spending an extra night here but if we don't have a choice so be it." With that, he beckoned Chum to continue navigating them through the thick green that seemed to close in on them as they moved.

As they moved along through the brush, Elodin began to think of the various dangers that might await them. What was in the middle of this forest? What could cause bears to grow so mutilated, and what could cause them to run miles out of the woods to attack? They hadn't seen another animal since the attack, and the silence that still surrounded the forest hadn't grown any more familiar. If anything, the dreadful silence that closed in on them got worse by the hour, the unnatural lack of sound lingering on just as you thought it might end. It was maddening, and there was a thick tension that began to set upon the group as they trudged their way through the overgrown, and very wild wood.

At about two hours past midday, they were taking a bit of a rest, when there was a small crack that resonated throughout the woods. Normally such a sound would have been normal, but the silence the hovered around them shattered like glass when the crack came. It sounded like the noise you'd get from breaking a branch off of a tree; but this sound was loud enough that it would have had to be a great oak tree that lost a branch. Elodin looked at each member of the team as he searched for the sound, his heart dropping as he confirmed that none of the group members made the noise. He scanned the trees around him for the source, but couldn't find nor sense anything.

It was silent for another few minutes before the second crrraaack echoed through the silent wood. Despite being ready for it, Elodin jumped a bit, and spun around to see where it came from. Nothing. There was nothing around them, no animal or even a fallen branch. The woods seemed even more still than before, and it seemed as though the path that they had forged when coming to this small clearing had been filled up...in fact, it seemed as though all the exits to this small clearing had been filled. As Elodin looked around, the trees seemed to lean in on them a bit more, something he hadn't remembered seeing when they first sat down.

Without thinking about it, Elodin slowly crept up towards on of the trees that he heard the second crack near. He moved on the balls of his feet, tensed up like a cat ready to pounce. When he got within about 10 feet of the tree, he put his hand to his mouth, whispered something, and let his hand drop. A liquid-like shadow surrounded his hand with an unnatural flow, and Elodin took a few more steps toward the tree. He said nothing, but held out his other hand towards the rest of the group, wondering if they suspected what he suspected. When he got within arm's reach, he slowly reached out to touch it with the shadow, all the while keeping an eye on the upper branches of the tree.

It happened in the blink of an eye. The tree warped, twisted, and swung a branch that was as thick as Elodin's waist like a golfer would swing a club. If Elodin hadn't been paying so close attention to the tree, he might have been killed right there; but before it hit him he leapt backwards with his hands out, and instead of having his body bludgeoned in half by the branch, he simply was thrown back about twenty feet towards the rest of the group. As Elodin leapt to his feet, the 5 other trees around them began to warp with sickening cracks. Elodin prepared himself to fight (as did the rest of the group) as the 6 trees uprooted themselves, and began to come toward the party; cracks in their trunks appearing that seemed to be faces.

Attackers:
1582000902276.png

Epiphany Epiphany Birdsie Birdsie Graystone713 Graystone713 Hanarei Hanarei ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Alteras Alteras

Users who are viewing this thread

Back