• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hello all!
I arrive from out of nowhere. I arrive with questions! Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

Of the Duchies (which if I understand the lore correctly are entirely under the Seo family, as part of the empire?), are there any which have a very foundational or substantial history with Han culture and its Fundamentals, particularly above the others in comparison, if that's even been established? Are the philosophies' roots concentrated in Taiyang, and is there any family name(s) associated with its founding that continues to exist today?
May or may not have a character particularly "invested" in the philosophy and its presence under what he views as Weiling's new...impressionable idealist...lord.
Hiya! Welcome to BoD. If I missed your name on the interest check, please do forgive me. I am not familiar with waking up to 20+ notifications going off.

The northern Duchies were once a part of the Empire. But with Taiyang under Seo Ji's control, they banded up as the Weeping Willow Coalition. Some wants to restore the Seo under Prince Majun. Others want to use it as an excuse to gain influence and maybe profit from it.

Negative. The Fundamental traditions are plucked from the filial principles long before Seo Ri came into the picture. You may have creative liberties regarding bits of that philosophical aspects. Due to bits and pieces of schools stitched together to make the 3 Fundamentals and all, there's no outstanding family that have claims over any of it. Think of it like Sun Tzu's Art of War. He may or may not have existed, with his work speculated to be an amalgamation of many minds.

I look forward to seeing your philosopher... philosophing.

Is this them?

Heyoooo. I've been wanting to consume or participate in something wuxia for a bit, and this seems to be pretty perfect. My brain already fixated on a saber-wielding lad with a dichotomy of externally acting all orderly and polite only to go wild when it comes to combat. I'll be making a CS as soon as I can!
Sounds like fun. We love to see it!

Quintuple Posting? In this OOC? More likely than you'd think.

It would be very funny if our lord was just the worst at his chosen vocation. :V
I'll try my best to answer any quechons before it gets washed away by the talks. Also, I love my players as if they are my children. An engaged OOC spares the RP from a painful death.

Well, we all gotta leave rooms for improvement. Being OP takes away the hardships, which are pivotal in most Asian literature - especially the wuxia genre.

No, you didn't miss my name, just decided to skip straight to the OOC. Like a rebel. :hornstongue;

Anyways, useful comparison and that's all very illuminating, thank you!

Is this them?

That man may not share my views on democracy, but damned if he didn't put his counterargument elegantly and convincingly 🤣. My character also has little faith in the people though, so perhaps he will grow such a magnificent beard one day to match.

Arranged marriages gonna be swell. Don't misbehave or Dao will send you off to be married just so he could annex 1 acre of land. Maybe a few cows to go with the whole package. Huehuehue. <3
Thankfully, Yang is a monk, so he is not subject to such things.

... Ignore the fact that he technically is no longer a monk anymore and thus can marry as he wishes. Yang sure will try to! :P

No, you didn't miss my name, just decided to skip straight to the OOC. Like a rebel. :hornstongue;

Anyways, useful comparison and that's all very illuminating, thank you!

That man may not share my views on democracy, but damned if he didn't put his counterargument elegantly and convincingly 🤣. My character also has little faith in the people though, so perhaps he will grow such a magnificent beard one day to match.
Glad I could help!
xbwguedjg Yaaaasss. A beard would do hahaha.

Devilish little bugger aren't you. Naughty kids get sent to the Noodle Stall for retraining.

tenor.gif
Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 This is what I shall do to your noodles...after eating a healthy portion of course. :smilepuff:

ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe Yang is gonna have quite a headache as he continuously bump his head while navigating the Manor, or anywhere in Jianki. What have they been feeding this man? Is it the Momula milk formula?
Presumably so.

By the way, now that I'm accepted, could I get an invite to the discord? As a present, I will show you my Patented Shipping Analysis of Yang's prospects :P

Presumably so.

By the way, now that I'm accepted, could I get an invite to the discord? As a present, I will show you my Patented Shipping Analysis of Yang's prospects :P
There's a Discord? I didn't know. o.o'
Ahem.
I would like for us to stay on site for OOC. It's a bit slower than Discord, but it is a compromise for those that do not wish to engage off-site. Hope ya understand~ ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back