• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Ah, my trick is hiders whenever I need to do that.

Mulling over my Golden Knight some more, what I want is pretty complicated so I want to run it by you first
In my head the Golden Knights from this noble house follow in the footsteps of their first knight, after 700 years of service, they will drink a potion that will put them into an eternal sleep, unless given an antidote to wake them, which would only happen during times of great disaster. Every 100 years, the Knight will take a sip of the potion and sleep/meditate for 10 years. This finality, the upbringing of the people in this noble house, and the regular spiritual introspection tends to make Golden Knights who are more expressive, emotive, ambitious, confident, and a few are able to break through their Aura of Immortality through strength of personality, though that Aura always lingers.
It's a bit more complicated but thats it in a nutshell

I wanted to make a Golden Knight who had just woken up from one of these 10 year naps, and had under disguise, joined up with the City Guard. Of course the Knight-Commander Obhad Nahreel knows of this, the noble family, and any other Golden Knight who crosses paths with them would know.
Thinking about it maybe this families first Knight could be one of the five OG Golden Knights, one of the three that aren't active anymore?
I mean i suppose this could work but golden knights are supposed to be less emotive because they lack souls. They still feel emotions they just don’t resonate like they used to. In fact this could actually be one of the things that leads to them taking the sleep you have mentioned. That said it would need to be something other than a potion like perhaps a spell or enchanted area. (The soulless thing is a major plot point so im not willing to bend on that just yet.)

Potions, poisons, and diseases dont really bother golden knights. A major pain in the ass when it comes to in field healing. Healing potions are a thing in this world but golden knights cant really utilize them.

I mean i suppose this could work but golden knights are supposed to be less emotive because they lack souls. They still feel emotions they just don’t resonate like they used to. In fact this could actually be one of the things that leads to them taking the sleep you have mentioned. That said it would need to be something other than a potion like perhaps a spell or enchanted area. (The soulless thing is a major plot point so im not willing to bend on that just yet.)

Potions, poisons, and diseases dont really bother golden knights. A major pain in the ass when it comes to in field healing. Healing potions are a thing in this world but golden knights cant really utilize them.
They would absolutely still not be as expressive as a normal person, but compared to a Knight who has completely shut themselves out from what they once were, they're much better at it. I feel like this sleep isn't so much recovering their lost soul as it is finding/creating a new one, not one granted by birth or the Gods but one crafted by the self by accepting what they've become much quicker than the other Golden Knights. Not really a true 'soul' but a much stronger sense of self. So sort of ironically by accepting that they've lost their humanity and fully embracing that they've become something else, these specific Knights from this noble family are able to interact with humans much better than most other Knights.
Is how that works in my head, this character would be sort of exploring the lack of soul not through loss, grief and insecurity but through discipline, meditation, introspection and acceptance
They'd be more like warrior-philosophers than just warriors

Actually actively having a discussion about the soul, the self, and what dictates emotions from the POV of a fantasy setting right now in my discord group, giving them some existential crisis

As for the potion thing not working, an enchanted area for the sleep would work just as well, there just has to be a cause that allows them to go into this meditative sleep thing

Like an hour of discussion with my group later

After discussion with my group I guess what I'm trying to have my character achieve is with the soul gone, and thus the ability to feel the majority of emotion, they have a strong enough mental image of themselves and the emotional intelligence to really hone in and identify the emotion they're feeling at the moment. So then they can act accordingly, they probably don't feel the way they act, but with a strong enough and consistent 'Self', they can process events and dictate what they should feel and at what intensity in such a way as to appear more human-like in the eyes of others
... Which is a little paradoxically the opposite of acceptance, as they are really honing in on what they want to be, rather than what they are. But with the soul, which dictates emotion, gone, the only thing that dictates who they really are as a person is themselves

Whadda you think?

They would absolutely still not be as expressive as a normal person, but compared to a Knight who has completely shut themselves out from what they once were, they're much better at it. I feel like this sleep isn't so much recovering their lost soul as it is finding/creating a new one, not one granted by birth or the Gods but one crafted by the self by accepting what they've become much quicker than the other Golden Knights. Not really a true 'soul' but a much stronger sense of self. So sort of ironically by accepting that they've lost their humanity and fully embracing that they've become something else, these specific Knights from this noble family are able to interact with humans much better than most other Knights.
Is how that works in my head, this character would be sort of exploring the lack of soul not through loss, grief and insecurity but through discipline, meditation, introspection and acceptance

Actually actively having a discussion about the soul, the self, and what dictates emotions from the POV of a fantasy setting right now in my discord group, giving them some existential crisis

As for the potion thing not working, an enchanted area for the sleep would work just as well, there just has to be a cause that allows them to go into this meditative sleep thing

After discussion with my group I guess what I'm trying to have my character achieve is with the soul gone, and thus the ability to feel the majority of emotion, they have a strong enough mental image of themselves and the emotional intelligence to really hone in and identify the emotion they're feeling at the moment. So then they can act accordingly, they probably don't feel the way they act, but with a strong enough and consistent 'Self', they can process events and dictate what they should feel and at what intensity in such a way as to appear more human-like in the eyes of others
... Which is a little paradoxically the opposite of acceptance, as they are really honing in on what they want to be, rather than what they are. But with the soul, which dictates emotion, gone, the only thing that dictates who they really are as a person is themselves

Whadda you think?
I think he and obhad will have alot in common and alot to discuss. Obhad and Adon are opposite extremes. Obhad trusts his wit, steel, and magic (notably human traits.) he encourages others to do the same and try their damnedest to hold on to their humanity.

Inversely Adon fell into his Divine power really heavily. He let his humanity slip away and while he grew incredibly powerful (even more so than obhad.) he lost his humanity to the point of needing to be exiled.

Whadda you think?
As for the soul aspect its interesting to be discussing such deep topics. In this verse a soul is a sacred thing that is arguably the source of emotions.

The way i see it goldem knights find themselves in a weird position. They have their memories and mind and are trained to feel certain things towards certain stimulation the same way any human is. That stuff doesnt go away its just alot quieter, drowned out by the minds new greater input, you hear more see more, smell more, but emotionally feel less. Now wether this is truly the lack of soul or a re-writing of the brain to handle the enhanced senses is for each individual to choose.

The real question is where did the souls go? According to the lore of the world they cannot be destroyed even by the gods themselves. all characters would know something like this since basically every civilization that is was taught this when the gods still walked with them. Its actually why the gods even value mortals to begin with in this verse. We produce the only truly infinite thing in existence, a soul to them is a dollar that has a set value for all eternity, a battery that never runs dry if you pull the right amount.

The golden knights actually seem to poke a few holes in the worlds understanding of things. For example Souls were thought to be the source of magic before the golden knights showed that even without their souls in their bodies they can cast spells. This caused scholars in the mage corps and all over the world to rethink the source of magic. Currently it is believed to he a natural energy field akin to the magnetic field.

I think he and obhad will have alot in common and alot to discuss. Obhad and Adon are opposite extremes. Obhad trusts his wit, steel, and magic (notably human traits.) he encourages others to do the same and try their damnedest to hold on to their humanity.

Inversely Adon fell into his Divine power really heavily. He let his humanity slip away and while he grew incredibly powerful (even more so than obhad.) he lost his humanity to the point of needing to be exiled.
If you let me have one of the three inactive original Knights in the nobles lore, I feel like my groups First Knight and Obhad would have been good friends, having very similar personal philosophies on the subject of Golden Knights losing their soul

As for the soul aspect its interesting to be discussing such deep topics. In this verse a soul is a sacred thing that is arguably the source of emotions.

The way i see it goldem knights find themselves in a weird position. They have their memories and mind and are trained to feel certain things towards certain stimulation the same way any human is. That stuff doesnt go away its just alot quieter, drowned out by the minds new greater input, you hear more see more, smell more, but emotionally feel less. Now wether this is truly the lack of soul or a re-writing of the brain to handle the enhanced senses is for each individual to choose.

The real question is where did the souls go? According to the lore of the world they cannot be destroyed even by the gods themselves. all characters would know something like this since basically every civilization that is was taught this when the gods still walked with them. Its actually why the gods even value mortals to begin with in this verse. We produce the only truly infinite thing in existence, a soul to them is a dollar that has a set value for all eternity, a battery that never runs dry if you pull the right amount.

The golden knights actually seem to poke a few holes in the worlds understanding of things. For example Souls were thought to be the source of magic before the golden knights showed that even without their souls in their bodies they can cast spells. This caused scholars in the mage corps and all over the world to rethink the source of magic. Currently it is believed to he a natural energy field akin to the magnetic field.
Oh yeah these are definitely topics my own Golden Knight and other Knights in their family would be pondering during their 10 year meditation naps. Like if the Soul is the source of emotion, and the God of Death warned of the loss of Soul for the Golden Knights, why can they still feel that small smidgen of emotion, underneath everything? Is it that the soul is still with the Knight, only much smaller? Much less powerful? Or has the soul actually gone away, but the soul can never be separated from the individual, and the small emotion is the long strung out link between the body and soul? If it is so, that the soul is only connected to the individual through a small string, and no longer with the body, what happens if you tug at it?
I guess that's what the First Knight in my noble family would be doing, the guys been under for over a hundred years

If you let me have one of the three inactive original Knights in the nobles lore, I feel like my groups First Knight and Obhad would have been good friends, having very similar personal philosophies on the subject of Golden Knights losing their soul

Oh yeah these are definitely topics my own Golden Knight and other Knights in their family would be pondering during their 10 year meditation naps. Like if the Soul is the source of emotion, and the God of Death warned of the loss of Soul for the Golden Knights, why can they still feel that small smidgen of emotion, underneath everything? Is it that the soul is still with the Knight, only much smaller? Much less powerful? Or has the soul actually gone away, but the soul can never be separated from the individual, and the small emotion is the long strung out link between the body and soul? If it is so, that the soul is only connected to the individual through a small string, and no longer with the body, what happens if you tug at it?
I guess that's what the First Knight in my noble family would be doing, the guys been under for over a hundred years
You can totally make your older knights. They cant be members of the original five as they are all accounted for. But the golden knights ranks have continued to grow since then. Adon and Obhad are considered founders. Theres around five or six Ancients who have been around since the golden culling. Those From the era of the Giants march are the Elders. Anyone after the golden banquet is Considered a Brother/Sister. With anyone under a century being referred to simply as knight. Bear in mind these are not ranks, people tend to have more respect for the older ones though, especially if they were present for some crazy stuff.

Here is out starting post links are in all pages.

hey! The RP has already started, but the setting seems super interesting. Would it be possible to sneak a character in in the coming days? If so, would it be possible to include some minor doorman-related magics (will pm and clear them with you before posting)?

hey! The RP has already started, but the setting seems super interesting. Would it be possible to sneak a character in in the coming days? If so, would it be possible to include some minor doorman-related magics (will pm and clear them with you before posting)?
Its possible but the doorman is a thing that exists in the lore so it would need to be discussed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back