• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Perish

I'm new to this, but I'm on the hunt for anyone who roleplays literate (minimum), who has a good knowledge of books and film, either or. I'd be playing OC, but I dont mind whether others want to play canon or OC, as long as you run the bio by me first.
it would be based on the same timeline as Harry Potter was at Hogwarts with potential to do a next-gen.
Run any queries by me, and if you have experience with group RPs and how to make them work please lend a hand! xoxo

Would you like us to post a compilation of them in a thread?

(Also, does this start in the first year? I think it'd be useful to know which year it starts in so people can put down adequate information.)

Would you like us to post a compilation of them in a thread?

(Also, does this start in the first year? I think it'd be useful to know which year it starts in so people can put down adequate information.)
Good Idea. I'll set one up OC bios
Up to you guys where you would prefer to begin, I have no preference.

Regarding siblings, can anyone post up canon related characters or is it first come first serve?
you may, as long as the sibling does not affect canon drastically, and there can only be one sibling maxmium per canon character (besides canon siblings, in the case of the Weasleys, they already have plenty of kids xD so no more for Ron Weasey besides canon please) so, yes I would say it's first come first serve, but if someone comes in, claims a sibling, is inactive and someone else came along who is more reliable, they can take over

you may, as long as the sibling does not affect canon drastically, and there can only be one sibling maxmium per canon character (besides canon siblings, in the case of the Weasleys, they already have plenty of kids xD so no more for Ron Weasey besides canon please) so, yes I would say it's first come first serve, but if someone comes in, claims a sibling, is inactive and someone else came along who is more reliable, they can take over
Ah okay, I thought I'd ask as sometimes two people both want to be the only child of someone, and I wondered how that might be resolved if it came up

Ah okay, I thought I'd ask as sometimes two people both want to be the only child of someone, and I wondered how that might be resolved if it came up
ohh okay, I'd say in your case, the character is not canon so I wouldn't allow for a sibling unless you were happy for that

Would this be focused on a group of friends within the school? other harry potter rps i've been in seem to just have people do whatever and i'm kinda craving something focused on a group like in the original harry potter and the way it focused on harry, hermione and ron.

Also would this begin from first years?

Would this be focused on a group of friends within the school? other harry potter rps i've been in seem to just have people do whatever and i'm kinda craving something focused on a group like in the original harry potter and the way it focused on harry, hermione and ron.

Also would this begin from first years?
I haven't led a group rp for a couple years now, I did find that giviing guidance or a plot to follow was better. I think I may come up with things that are going on just so people have flexibility in what they are able to do, but also to ensure everyone is following the same story and will have reason to interact etc. which is why everyone will be required to be in the same year group. I haven't quite decided what year group yet, two have mentioned first year now so It may as well be that. However, things like Hogsmeade and the fun electives begin third year, and I think that gives way to other plot ideas: like festivals, all the students from different houses in the Hogs' head, minor disasters in elective classes etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back