• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Drifters ooc

Yes, but servants can sense leylines. They can also consume the mana of living organisms to sustain themselves somewhat...which does suggest they can sense mana to a certain degree (that's how I assume they sense each other). In that case, it would make sense for them to sense command seals, if we assume command seals to be like giant packs of spare mana...which I kind of see them as.

But I am partial to it being an ability , rather than something given, as I can't remember a single instance of a Servant recognizing a master on sight other than their own
Keep in mind that servants as a whole kind of exist as otherworldly beings. They aren't the same as a normal human beings which could explain the ease of servants being able to detect other servants. I mean really if everyone has Mana though, it doesn't really require needing to sense it to drain it from people. You are sure to get some, just how much depends on each person. You do have people like Shiro as well who while mot a Magi during the series formally does have Mana. Its not incredible or anything but its there. If his adopted father didn't teach him chances are he would of still had the same Mana as he posses (ignoring other elements to it). There are likely others like Shiro out there that likely do have higher levels of Mana they just don't have any training (and in many cases likely have no ability to actually utilize it even if they did). Granted you probably would just dismiss someone that has low potential though can be a Magi as likely being a Master since your going to expect the most talented of the family would be taking part rather then some weakling Magi.

The command seals I just don't picture them being normal so you wouldn't be able to really detect them. They are in a way attached to the grail so likely they don't possess much power in themselves, they likely more function by giving the command and thus it sparks the grail to act on their behalf to cause a powerful effect. In a way think of it kind of like a TV remote, sure you have the power to control and change the channel, but all the power and everything that makes a TV work is in the TV itself.

I find if funny how Ryuga is a middle aged acting, part dragon master over a caster servant, and he eventually may have to fight a dragon caster servant who looks like a loli.

See the comical aspect to the issue above?

The command seals I just don't picture them being normal so you wouldn't be able to really detect them. They are in a way attached to the grail so likely they don't possess much power in themselves, they likely more function by giving the command and thus it sparks the grail to act on their behalf to cause a powerful effect. In a way think of it kind of like a TV remote, sure you have the power to control and change the channel, but all the power and everything that makes a TV work is in the TV itself.

I like this explanation. Makes sense with what I have in mind for the command seals being "not normal" as well.

Though, when you see something like a certain priest using command seals buff themselves...and all the transfer stuff that goes on...it does make you wonder how much Masters can alter command seals. If command seals are powered by the Grail, that means they are pretty much indirectly altering the grail.

I find if funny how Ryuga is a middle aged acting, part dragon master over a caster servant, and he eventually may have to fight a dragon caster servant who looks like a loli.

See the comical aspect to the issue above?

I see it.

Dragon caster would still have the advantage tho =P

I like this explanation. Makes sense with what I have in mind for the command seals being "not normal" as well.

Though, when you see something like a certain priest using command seals buff themselves...and all the transfer stuff that goes on...it does make you wonder how much Masters can alter command seals. If command seals are powered by the Grail, that means they are pretty much indirectly altering the grail.
Well that would be him drawing upon the seals to instead grant him an ability. Basically asking for the mana from the grail to do something that wouldn't normally be possible to enhance his own abilities. Keep in mind the priests in particular have a certain connection to the grail with th command seals and handling them so they probably can do more with a command seal then what a typical Master is capable of doing, otherwise you would see Masters forcing other Masters to surrender their command seals over which they can't do. I'd assume its why he could use the command seals in a way they shouldn't normally be capable of drawing the power to enhance his own abilities where a typical Master uses it to effect their servant.

Well that would be him drawing upon the seals to instead grant him an ability. Basically asking for the mana from the grail to do something that wouldn't normally be possible to enhance his own abilities. Keep in mind the priests in particular have a certain connection to the grail with th command seals and handling them so they probably can do more with a command seal then what a typical Master is capable of doing, otherwise you would see Masters forcing other Masters to surrender their command seals over which they can't do. I'd assume its why he could use the command seals in a way they shouldn't normally be capable of drawing the power to enhance his own abilities where a typical Master uses it to effect their servant.
I don't think he had that kind of connection at the time. If we assume what he did isn't normally possible, I would say a much more likely scenario has to do with the source of those particular command seals giving him more options.

Psh, priests won't be able to do anything with these white and black command seals :coolshades:

Psh, priests won't be able to do anything with these white and black command seals :coolshades:
anduin-wrynn2-large.jpg

Assessment season is finally over.

Time to go trigger happy with posts. I'm going to hurt Fafnir real bad real soon

I disagree. I don't think he grew a backbone at all. I think the people around him just shoved a hero complex up his a**.
At this rate, alliance is going to become worse than Sylvannas. They are going to become an even higher evil than the Void itself, and then the next expansion, we all assist the Voidgods and N'Zoth to fell the High Evil that is the united front of Alliance and Horde. All the while anduin is stressing out like 'i didn't mean for any of this' seriously, wtf is Jaina even thinking anymore

At this rate, alliance is going to become worse than Sylvannas. They are going to become an even higher evil than the Void itself, and then the next expansion, we all assist the Voidgods and N'Zoth to fell the High Evil that is the united front of Alliance and Horde. All the while anduin is stressing out like 'i didn't mean for any of this' seriously, wtf is Jaina even thinking anymore
Warcraft?

seriously, wtf is Jaina even thinking anymore
"kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill "

I don't think he had that kind of connection at the time. If we assume what he did isn't normally possible, I would say a much more likely scenario has to do with the source of those particular command seals giving him more options.
He was acting as the overseer at the time.

"kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill "
And thus I propose an alliance with the Void to fell this greater evil before it spreads across the entirety of Azeroth and unites Horde and Alliance in unquenchable, twisted bloodthirst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back