• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fate/Drifters

F
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

blah

QuirkyAngel

White Masquerade's Blue Oni
Hello, all!

I’ve been craving a bit of Fate lately (since reinstalling FGO), but there haven’t been many Fate rps to mooch off of as of late, so I’ve decided to make my own. Plot is fairly general—a mash of Fate Apocrypha and Drifters really:

The world isn’t perfect. War. Poverty. Pollution. Discrimination. Sickness. Famine. Such things still exist in the world, felt more strongly in some parts of the world than others. However, should the world be reset to create a better one? A more perfect one?One of the caretakers of the world, a cosmic entity known as the Caretaker of Darkness, seems to think so. Some things just can't be fixed unless you start over. However, his partner, the Caretaker of Light, opposes his opinion, believing that the world ought be left to its own devices no matter the outcome. The two argued and argued and finally decided to settle it with a game—the Holy Grail War.

What better way to decide than to see heroes/legendary figures of the world duking it out?

Thus a secret holy grail war, one that would determine the fate of the world, was started. Seven Masters of Light and seven Masters of Darkness were chosen randomly from all over the world. Given command seals by these cosmic entities, they were tasked with the summoning of a Servant (a historical/legendary figure of the world) and the elimination of all members of the opposing faction. Find allies. Identify and defeat enemies. Sounds easy enough…except the battleground is the entire world rather than a single city. Anyone could be an enemy. Masters and servants will need to pool all their strength, cunning, and resources to see this secret war come to an end.

After all, the fate of the world was at stake…and sitting out isn’t really an option.

Which fate would you choose for the world?

Playable Characters :

MASTERS (14)

Master of Light #1 --

Master of Light #2 --

Master of Light #3 --

Master of Light #4--

Master of Light#5--

Master of Light #6--

Master of Light #7--

Master of Darkness #1--

Master of Darkness #2--

Master of Darkness#3 --

Master of Darkness #4 --

Master of Darkness #5 --

Master of Darkness #6 --

Master of Darkness #7 --

SERVANTS(14)

Saber of Light --

Saber of Darkness --

Archer of Light --

Archer of Darkness --

Lancer of Light --

Lancer of Darkness --

Rider of Light --

Rider of Darkness --

Caster of Light --

Caster of Darkness --

Assassin of Light --

Assassin of Darkness --

Berserker of Light --

Berserker of Darkness --

Now, I know what you’re thinking. That’s A LOT of slots to fill. 28 characters? Even I’m not crazy enough to think I’ll get 28 players (not sure if I even want that, tbh =P). The unfilled slots will be turned into npcs for me to bring plot to the players.

That said, I’m still debating on whether to have everyone play the same side or open both sides to players. On one hand, playing the same side will be more organized of a story and easier for players to interact (in a friendly manner). On the other hand, allowing players to play the side of their choice allows for more freedom, possibly create a more grey story with varying viewpoints(which I like), and allow players to battle one another (it’s a holy grail war, after all~)

Therefore, if you’re interested in joining, please indicate which you would prefer.

Even if you aren’t interested in joining, I’d still love to hear your opinion.

If (and only if) the rp gets too big, I may end up making separate IC threads and require the assistance of a co-gm.

Some general rules:

• Casual to literate roleplayers only. That means 5 sentences per post at a minimum. Do your best to check grammar, spelling, and make posts readable.
  • No godmodding.
  • If you are inactive (without pming me), your character will likely die (for the sake of the story)
  • OCs only
  • Finally, try and treat each other with respect.

Last edited:
Why scared?
2ae05fd6c8.png

I feel ya, ya got a point

Edit: probably peeps will end up playing multiple characters. Honestly I had innitially thought (before seeing the roster) that the shadow ones would be NPCs
Check says that Quirk will NPC any slots that aren't filled, but Fate is big popular and people tend to have a lot of ideas for it, so I'm not sure how necessary that will be. I'm more afraid of a high player count than a high character count, too.

Check says that Quirk will NPC any slots that aren't filled, but Fate is big popular and people tend to have a lot of ideas for it, so I'm not sure how necessary that will be. I'm more afraid of a high player count than a high character count, too.
Well, give it a couple weeks after the roleplay starts, and the number be seriously reduced. Players tend to drop like flies around that time, and given that characters whose players drop here will die, I suspect we're inbound to a massacre at some point.

Drawing attention to this part cause I still need opinions:

That said, I’m still debating on whether to have everyone play the same side or open both sides to players. On one hand, playing the same side will be more organized of a story and easier for players to interact (in a friendly manner). On the other hand, allowing players to play the side of their choice allows for more freedom, possibly create a more grey story with varying viewpoints(which I like), and allow players to battle one another (it’s a holy grail war, after all~)

Therefore, if you’re interested in joining, please indicate which you would prefer.

I feel ya, ya got a point

Edit: probably peeps will end up playing multiple characters. Honestly I had innitially thought (before seeing the roster) that the shadow ones would be NPCs

I'm open for multiple characters to be played if players think they can handle it/want it, but making them npcs would also make it easier to kill them off for drama...*thinks some more*

I am too, tbh

Am willing to open up separate IC threads for locations/the two sides if necessary, but I'm hoping they come in small waves for a drifters vibe rather than a large one. I'll gladly replace/give back the slots to players that join later (unless the npc made a strong showing/somehow became important)

Last edited:
Drawing attention to this part cause I still need opinions:

I'm open for multiple characters to be played if players think they can handle it/want it, but making them npcs would also make it easier to kill them off for drama...*thinks some more*

I am too, tbh

Am willing to open up separate IC threads for locations/the two sides if necessary, but I'm hoping they come in small waves for a drifters vibe rather than a large one. I'll gladly replace/give back the slots to players that join later (unless the npc made a strong showing/somehow became important)
My instincts say that putting the players on one side is the wiser option, but I'm not quite sure about my preference. I'll stick my answer being everyone on the same side for now, and think it over some more at work tonight.

In the mean time, have a fun and good and wholesome video, my guys.

the cast would at least be big enough for one of these if both the sides were players

I be working on character sheets and will probably decide depending on which characters I have to work with.

In regards to this, I believe either

A) We should go with having all player's in one side, as it is a more manageable option and plays on the strengths of this kind of plot
or
b) In order to achieve those things you wanted to do by having multiple playable sides it would be better to just have a regular holy grail war

Another thing we could do, maybe, is have option A but Apocrypha style, where after your side wins there is a secondary grail war within the side that wins, which the objective from just having your side win to having your side win with the least possible survivors.

where after your side wins there is a secondary grail war within the side that wins, which the objective from just having your side win to having your side win with the least possible survivors.

Certainly doable. What's a grail war without the grail, after all?^^

Dibs on Assassin of Darkness. So many dibs on Assassin of Darkness. I've had an idea for a time now.

Also, the useless goddess Hanarei Hanarei may enjoy this.

Birdsie noticed me?

Well depending on whether its everyone on one side or everyone split up It could change how things go as far as picking things go. I do got a lancer I never got to play... though it could be interesting to play my old archer again.... or a Saber could be fun that I haven't got to really flesh out. Then again using Cleopatra as a Caster could be entertaining too just diverging from the Fate/Go style of it a bit.... ug its always so hard to pick, not to mention teasing the idea of a new character choice! I do have some fun concepts that could turn into characters that give a twist to the old story of the heroes its based on. :P

Ooo... or I got my berserker too that could be crazy... does probably fit with the Caretaker of Darkness a little more given one side of her. The best part is how it is set up it works far too well with the Fate universe and how it works that it doesn't even need to be Fate-ified to make it work. Heck one particular thing would make her incredibly cheesy and unfair beyond what she already has working for her that unless you got certain particular abilities your going to have a very bad time going against her. Muhahhaha!

Aye I could play a Master as well, granted with so many servants potentially open that is interesting too. I mean heck could also possibly double up as well.

Heya, I'd like to state my full and undivided interest in this RP, preferably as an Archer Servant. I can switch if need be though.

Also I do agree that everyone being on the same side at first seems best. Just makes things easier to manage.

Fandom - Fate/Drifters ooc
Fandom - Fate/Drifters CS

Heya, I'd like to state my full and undivided interest in this RP, preferably as an Archer Servant. I can switch if need be though.

Also I do agree that everyone being on the same side at first seems best. Just makes things easier to manage.

I'll probably be liking all the Masters of Light before the Masters of Darkness then...though, if a Master of Darkness character manages to impress me...*shrug*. Cookies must be given.

Fandom - Fate/Drifters ooc
Fandom - Fate/Drifters CS

I'll probably be liking all the Masters of Light before the Masters of Darkness then...though, if a Master of Darkness character manages to impress me...*shrug*. Cookies must be given.
How are roles going to be distributed? I would hate to spend hours researching and working on a sheet only for someone to post something for the same role and take the spot.

How are roles going to be distributed? I would hate to spend hours researching and working on a sheet only for someone to post something for the same role and take the spot.

It'll be based on preference and the number of players that apply.

Generally first come first served (in terms of cs acceptance), but I'll take note of reservations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back