• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 3E Solars of the Sky - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Rykon Rykon How do you plan to start us all off? On the airship with all the pieces in places, or more of a random encounter sorta thing? Epiphany Epiphany and I have worked out some common backstory, so regardless, our characters would join up at the same time.

The circle will all be known crew making port in one of the major settlements of the north. Further information/direction will be provided as I get a better understanding of the crew's background.

Now that characters are more or less ready, does any one want to discuss intra party relations ?

Stealth-Combat has a reasonable window of rolls it wouldn't apply to, like shadowing someone, infiltrating a location, etc. Should be fine if you want it.
Thanks like I said my character is an assassin but he specialize in close combat so even if his target somehow avoid first hit he disappears from view and strikes again or at least that is how i envision him.

I got this inspiration about my characters motive that he is aiming to learn all kind of martial arts. I am not ure if this will be his stronger motive or will he find something more to calling his nature but at the moment with the composition of party this seems to be a fair challenge.

I think I am finished with my character though I would be glad if someone can check and see if there is anything out of order and/or if anyone have any suggestion about anything.
Mechanically, it seems sound. You're missing 2 free attribute dots, though, so you should probably add those or spend the freed up bp on Charms :)

I recall from before that your artifacts automatically unlock the first Evocation, but I couldn't find that mentioned on the sheet, it should be.

Regarding your BG there are two things that stand out 1) you've been a Solar for 12 years, which is at least 7 years longer than almost every other Solar if I remember the history of these things properly. It's not impossible to have been a solar that long, but it has implications and should be discussed with the ST. 2) It appears that you're on the crew because Sherwood Sherwood 's character hired you. Does she know that your character is a solar? Do the rest of us? Are you a permanent part of the crew, or just here as long as you're paid?

Mechanically, it seems sound. You're missing 2 free attribute dots, though, so you should probably add those or spend the freed up bp on Charms :)

I recall from before that your artifacts automatically unlock the first Evocation, but I couldn't find that mentioned on the sheet, it should be.

Regarding your BG there are two things that stand out 1) you've been a Solar for 12 years, which is at least 7 years longer than almost every other Solar if I remember the history of these things properly. It's not impossible to have been a solar that long, but it has implications and should be discussed with the ST. 2) It appears that you're on the crew because Sherwood Sherwood 's character hired you. Does she know that your character is a solar? Do the rest of us? Are you a permanent part of the crew, or just here as long as you're paid?
I totally forgot about 2 free dots but i already know where to put them :P
Mention of free evocation is under spoiler in the background along with full list of evocations.
About crew stuff i guess it depends on how long he was on the board with all of you but at the very least his hunger for learning new martial arts currently exceeds his need for payment so he will try to learn whatever he can from the crew and since he trust crew with a major intimacy i say even if he is not a permanent member he would risk his life for any of them. However at some point he will want to head to Nexus to handle unfinished business with Garvon.

I've updated Lioness's background to incorporate what I've discussed with Epiphany Epiphany . It doesn't really impact anyone else, but it gives a better view of who she is.

Another question I have: Do any of you guys know of a write-up for a Serpent Sting Staff anywhere? I've looked in all the books, but I'm not seeing one.

Rykon Rykon , there is a write-up of a Starmetal Wrackstaff in Arms of the Chosen, pg 55, that I'd like to adapt into a Serpent Sting Staff. Would that be ok with you?

Gnomon? Yeah I'm fine with that.

EDIT:
1533478210272.png
Based on the Discord discussion about Midboss's manse. Tentative location is here(look for the bright red mark at the southern end), starting point will be a town known as Lawless at the base of the mountain the manse is located on by the coast. It is a place where pirates, brigands, Haslan tribes, and Ice Walker tribes have neutral ground to trade spoils, and information on Guild activity (which the Haslan tribes pursue with fervor), Realm Activity, as well as some more unsettlingly bizarre events of late. Its also known for its one signature brew, the Lawless Heaven. The crew will be landing for the first real shore leave in 2 months, as supplies have run thin, and profitable quarry scarce. You'll need to find information about what marks might make good targets from your skyship, and pursue what riches you can.

Lore masters, as pirates, you have free reign to make rolls to declare facts about the town as if you had a specialty in it. Given this is play by post, we'll play the time limit between facts by ear, but I don't expect it to be an issue.

Last edited:
Rykon Rykon I made a minor change (relatively) on my character sheet. I give up one dot of strength to get two dot of language and one athletic specialty (does acrobatic works for athletic? I found it on internet but not sure if it works if it does not I will change it to resistance - poison)

I just realized this is like a Harem (no bad mojo intended) party for Bronze Hammer and Stalking Tiger

Isn't it a necessary component of the harem genre that there's only one central character who has the harem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back