• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 3E Solars of the Sky - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Hm... perhaps reduce them each to 1, keep the appearance dot, make it a permanent type with 2m to instantly change attire and dissonance to orichalcum dropping the appearance boost.
There's little functional difference between a Permanent Charm that's free on Attunement, and passive powers of the armour, and to me it seems rather more clean to separate them. I'd make the App boost and temperature resistance passive powers, the former only if resonant, and costume change and disguice bonus with Charm-activation.
Well, without an ability there is no excellency support... I wonder, depending on how you frame it, perhaps telekinetic type effects and all, Wits + Presence or Wits + Integrity could work as a defense by mental reflex with some excellency hook.

Alternatively, with no excellency support I could see Wits+Will with wound levels received as non-charm successes. and the roll ignores the wound penalty.
Mmmm, at some point suring my thoughts, I'd forgotten that the disarm gambit needs to hit with a Decisive attack first, so we do need Excellency support to be able to use this effectively. However "have my clothes lash out instictively" isn't really part of any Ability I can name... Maybe just roll a set pool of 10, and letting the wearer spend up to 10 extra motes to add dice?

There's little functional difference between a Permanent Charm that's free on Attunement, and passive powers of the armour, and to me it seems rather more clean to separate them. I'd make the App boost and temperature resistance passive powers, the former only if resonant, and costume change and disguice bonus with Charm-activation.
That should work

Mmmm, at some point suring my thoughts, I'd forgotten that the disarm gambit needs to hit with a Decisive attack first, so we do need Excellency support to be able to use this effectively. However "have my clothes lash out instictively" isn't really part of any Ability I can name... Maybe just roll a set pool of 10, and letting the wearer spend up to 10 extra motes to add dice?
Eh, plenty of abilities bend scope when it comes to charms/magic. Though Lore is the default "use artifact" ability. I think either one of those mental pools or a normal unarmed attack pool should be sufficiently representative at the character's ability to execute a disarm on an opponent, just channeled through "other limbs" as it were.

Cool. I went with Wits + Presence and updated my sheet with the final version of the armour.

I have some questions for my character Silent Shadow;

1) Is Killing Shroud Technique from Miracles of Solar Exalted (pg 33-34) plausible to use?
2) Can I make a razor claw version of Spring Razor(pg 619-621)?
3) What would anyone suggest to an assassin that gets close to his target undetected and move away before anyone can notice anything wrong? Lack of armor means I need to rely on dodge and resistance more for situations where i am forced to take part in a fight but i think this will thin my focus on athletics and stealth a little too much should it be ok to dip two or three charms in resistance and dodge or should i focus every spare charm in ma, stealth and athletics.

1. As stated before, all materials in print are fair game including WFHW preview. (I have everything available in hard copies myself, short of the current KS rotation and the episodic antagonist stuff. So don't feel too limited.)
2. Sure, I don't mind you pulling those evocations into razor claws.
3. Supernal Dodge or Stealth. Belt of Shadow Walking (Core p.602), Monkey Leap Technique, Graceful Crane Stance

I have another question.

Can I make a silken armor version of midnight thorn (Arms of chosen page 99-100 it is a artifact 3 green jade chain shirt) ofcourse it will be an artifact 4 since it is silken armors requirement

Last edited:
I have a question, too. Does our airship have a name yet? If not, I have a few ideas of what we can call it.

Also, there are two Sail Charms that I have picked up that I want to make sure will work for an airship. Hull-Sleeking Technique and Tide-Cutting Essence Infusion. Both are Charms to increase a ship's speed, and I want to make sure that they can be applied to the flying ship.

I dont think there's a good reason to prevent their use on an airboat.

Also, assuming a player will take the roll of artificer, the ally is likely going to be a sorcerer-physician.

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure they would apply.

How about we take a page from Bucky O'Hare and call it the Righteous Indignation?

Rykon Rykon
I have another question.

Can I make a silken armor version of midnight thorn (Arms of chosen page 99-100 it is a artifact 3 green jade chain shirt) ofcourse it will be an artifact 4 since it is silken armors requirement

I think rules as written say no, I will need to double check. Work shift is almost up.

Hm, I'll permit it 1 essence earlier, since occult is otherwise a shitshow of a supernal. this should allow celestial at e2 and solar at e4. Solar circle in an e2 game would be rather irresponsible of me, even though not much is actually published for it yet.

Edit: correction, I'll allow adamant at e3. There's only 4 spells or so listed. They are potent, but most of the real benefit is workings access.

Last edited:
I like that house rule. I may have to yoink it for my future games.

Rykon Rykon
I have another question.

Just had the chance to review the evocations. Looks good to me. If you want to take it as a 4 dot silken armor, I'm ok with it.

I like that house rule. I may have to yoink it for my future games.
I am flattered. Though the decision is mostly driven by how hard/rare it is to get E5 in game. Without some sort of leg up, a Solar occultist may never get to truly enjoy the perks of Solar sorcery proficiency. Perhaps I might be more reserved if there were more published spells, but right now the scope of what it can accomplish short of workings (which still cost xp), is very limited.

Very true. It will probably take quite a while before we hit Essence 3 in game. At least, that's what I'm expecting.

Here is a thought: Should we all pool some resources/dots to make a hidden outpost for us to use? If so, what category would that go under?

That would be fine with me, depending on what everyone wants to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back