• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 3E Solars of the Sky - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Here is a thought: Should we all pool some resources/dots to make a hidden outpost for us to use? If so, what category would that go under?
I forgot who but someone in the advertisement thread suggested that he is getting a manse that will act like shipyard/secret base

I have a question where on creation our operations will be based around? Unfortunately my involvement with exalted was very limited and i only know Nexus and around of it to a satisfying degree. I am trying to figure out my characters backstory and I am mostly done but I am not sure where and how he met with the crew though i have a good idea why he became part of them.

As far as I know, we are going to be up in the north-east area, unless Rykon has a different idea. At the very least I got my airship from up there.

As far as I know, we are going to be up in the north-east area, unless Rykon has a different idea. At the very least I got my airship from up there.
I was planing to use nort-east forest where my character got a manse and trained by his lunar master in tiger style as well so it works for me.

I figured we were going to focus on the Haslanti league, so I started out in Icehome, but it's not integral to my character concept, so if we move, I can move with us.

I like the idea of a solid base of operations, and would be happy to contribute some Merit dots to the cause. However, having a solid home port with a civilian population would push this towards empire building rather than lighthearted airship raiding.

We could also go with a Serenity-style airship that could be our home, but I don't think the non-artifact versions can really accommodate that experience.

Rykon Rykon since I am taking a second martial arts and have brawl as favorite at the start can I get it to 5 dot (assuming first one is 5 dot) with just 5 BP or is it for XP cost only during game play or is it 2 xp per dot making 10 BP for 5 dot?

BP and XP are essentially the same, though XP accrued will count toward essence advancement. So yeah, take a second for 5bp if you want.

Here is a charm list I am planning to take there might be additions to this since i still didn't get to part where i spend BP on my character sheet (5BP is going to second MA but that is all at the moment)

My character Silent Shadow is going to be a brothel born kid in Nexus who was trained in a thief guild as a hitman but when his popularity in the guild increased, thief guilds leader trapped and sold him to a guild merchant who was going to sell him to a fairfolk at the north-east. During a commotion that caravan got attacked and he awakened as a solar. He was saved by a couple of lunars and brought to their twin manse (two manse that are really close and even have a secret passage between them) he trained under these lunars and joined their attacks on caravans but one of them lost during a wyld hunt trap. He took the one half of twin manse along with its hearthstone and decided to look for a way to avenge his master and friend. There are alot more about him and i will write a proper background but so far this is a gist of who is he.

I am also interested in two hearthstones both has no keywords so if possible I would to link one of them to manse both are from arms of the chosen both are standard wood hearthstones.

Gem of the Shield-Sister Tree (would this work with midnight thorns Razor Bloom Barrier evocation?)
Stone of Resilient Bamboo (this is probably set on armor unless first one works with Razor Bloom Barrier)

Tiger Style

• Crimson Leaping Cat Technique
  • Striking Fury Claws
  • Tiger Form
Ebon Shadow
  • Nothing But Shadows
  • Seven Point of Weakness Strike
  • Ebon Shadow Form
Integrity
  • Integrity Protecting Prana
Resistance
  • Ox Body Technique
Awareness
  • Sensroy Acuity Prana
  • Surprise Anticipation Method
Athletics
  • Graceful Crane Stance
  • Monkey Leap Technique
  • Increasing Strength Exercise
  • Soaring Crane Leap
  • Thunderbolt Attack Prana
Stealth
  • Blinding Battle Feint
  • Shadow Victor’s Repose
  • Stalking Wolf Attiude
  • Killing Shroud Technique (miracles of solar exalted)
  • Easily Overlooked Presence Method
  • Perfect Shadow Stillness
Dodge
  • Reed In the Wind
  • Reflex Sidestep Technique
  • Drifting Leaf Elusion
  • Shadow Over Water
Spring Razor Claws Evocations
  • Howling Lotus Strike (free if attuned)
Silken Midnight Thorn (arms of the chosen)
  • Leaf-Sussurus Mimicry (free if not dissonant to jade and successfully ambushes a non-trivial enemy which I assume my character would achieved ages ago)

Hm, I'll permit it 1 essence earlier, since occult is otherwise a shitshow of a supernal. this should allow celestial at e2 and solar at e4. Solar circle in an e2 game would be rather irresponsible of me, even though not much is actually published for it yet.

Edit: correction, I'll allow adamant at e3. There's only 4 spells or so listed. They are potent, but most of the real benefit is workings access.

Amusingly, I adore the Occult tree and find myself going 18 Charms deep into it (mostly because I really want Ephermal Induction Technique). On a scale of "Seriously?" to "Awesome!", just how bad would it be to take nothing but Occult Charms and Spells in 3e, anyway?

As much as I wanted to max out my Archery, there are still Charms under other Abilities that I just had to get. I'd suggest you not just get Occult stuff and spells. Spread yourself out into other areas.

It's taken me most of a work day to read the Charms in one of 25 ability trees, and that's only because today was a rare slow day.

How do you guys have time to read all these Charms? X_X

I'm a stay-at-home dad of a 5 year old. Other than watching My Little Pony and PJ Masks, I read and post on my computer.

If you've got the time and inclination, mind glancing over what I have for Xilanada so far and suggesting some useful Charms you've run across then? :)

Mind you, I have no need to play a combat god this time around (others seem to have that nicely cinched up). I'll be perfectly happy with maybe a Thrown Charm and a Dodge Charm and would rather focus on out-of-combat shenanigans (or buffs/debuffs in general, if that's a thing in Exalted 3e).

I'd really recommend getting something to help with dodge or parry, maybe some health levels. Also, Lore mechanics for introducing facts can be very satisfying when done well. Bureaucracy charms for appraisal may help with artifice and archaeology as well. I'm not going to spoil anything, but you will get mileage out of medicine if you invest in it also. Basically, just keep in mind there are some complimentary effects within easy reach.

EDIT: Oh and before I forget... Combat sorcery on first glance to me always seemed like you needed an attack style for generating initiative before burning it on an attack spell. So I'd consider prioritizing a weapon/withering attack to use for such a purpose.

I'd really recommend getting something to help with dodge or parry, maybe some health levels. Also, Lore mechanics for introducing facts can be very satisfying when done well. Bureaucracy charms for appraisal may help with artifice and archaeology as well. I'm not going to spoil anything, but you will get mileage out of medicine if you invest in it also. Basically, just keep in mind there are some complimentary effects within easy reach.

EDIT: Oh and before I forget... Combat sorcery on first glance to me always seemed like you needed an attack style for generating initiative before burning it on an attack spell. So I'd consider prioritizing a weapon/withering attack to use for such a purpose.

Based on my admittedly limited grasp of the charm set, I can't see how I can do all of that. Creating a spirit familiar alone takes a good 15 Charms to get. Most of the decent effects in other trees seem to be three Charms deep or more, so that's (between Dodge, Thrown, Lore, Bureaucracy, Medicine, plus Ox Body) 18 of my 25 Charms alone just to be entry level at a range of things leaving me 7 Charms to actually do Sorcery and Occult, which is both her Defining Tie and what she's spent her whole life studying to this point?

That feels weird to me. What am I doing wrong here?

You're going for the cap charm to occult to create a spirit? Why not just use the summoning spells and the Twilight anima power to bind familiars? Summon Elemental effectively lets you create an elemental anyways.

Can't you start with a good familiar with just using, say, four of your Background points? That gives you a powerful familiar out of the box.

I'll admit that even in 1e and 2e I was a little more focused in most concepts and 3e's sheer abundance of Charms makes specialization even more of an investment than it already was. It just feels weird to me to make "Occult Critic Turned Sorcerer" with only a fraction of his Charms have anything to do with Occult or Spells. I suppose I can adapt, though.

Really appreciate the perspective you guys have. I have zero play experience with this ruleset and, while I have no illusion at building a mechanically fantastic character out of the box, I certainly prize not making myself useless either. :)

Edit: To be clear, I like the idea of Summon Elemental and Twilight anima power. I just also liked the idea of making my own spirits because how cool is that? <3

I've built a couple of characters, but when it comes to stuff like the new combat system, I'm still a rookie. I'll have to take it slow and refer to the book a bunch to make sure I'm not making any mistakes.

It's taken me most of a work day to read the Charms in one of 25 ability trees, and that's only because today was a rare slow day.

How do you guys have time to read all these Charms? X_X
I don't know about others, I only check the skills that fits to my concept and only. charms that are essence 1 and some essence 2 I only check MA full list but that is because MA's have less charm than others. I also happen to have a charm tree for each ability on my computer as well as printed charm cards so it helps.

Rykon Rykon

Following are the specialties I am planning to take i wonder if they are ok.

Dodge - While in a martial arts form
Awareness - against ambushes
Stealth - setting ambushes (and maybe a fifth one as - during combat)
Survival - Forest

Dodge-Martial Arts, Awareness-Ambush, Stealth-Ambush, and Survival-Forest are all valid specialties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back