• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sherwood Sherwood

As you bring up your sword to keep those fangs away, the strength of the Spider makes those points inch closer and closer. Its poison drips onto onto your hands, and you can feel its burn through your skin. But you hold strong, not giving an inch. Refusing to let the Spider gain the advantage.

You take 2 points of initiative damage from the first attack, and 3 from the second. Bringing its initiative to -3.

Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide

Each blow hits Mors like a hammer. Rattling him inside the armor. If you were a mortal, you were sure such a blow would have have left you breathless. Thankfully, your armor took much of the impact.

Mors was dealt 2 initiative damage. Red Monk recovers 3.

Current round
Ember - 21
Jontom - 17
Luanna - 10
Mors - 25
Karyn - 10
Red Tusk - 9
Red Monk 1 - 6
Demon Spider - -3
Red Monk 2 - -6

Next round begins. Everyone recovers 5 motes of essence.

Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide is busy today and has asked to be skipped. In order to move thjnhs along, her turn is delayed a few tricks.

Random Word Random Word
It is Embers turn. What would you like to do?

Ember scowled. Her teachers would be ashamed of her. If you strike, strike to kill, and don't fail. Now to correct that mistake quickly before anyone realized it hadn't been her intention to merely force the vermin back. This wouldn't be so bloody difficult if everyone didn't insist on standing right beside the thing to be incinerated.

The fire essence of the room was largely depleted, but already she could feel essence welling up from inside her as if from a dragon line in her soul. Incredible. She didn't know if she would ever get used to this. Keeping the momentum from her spin she leapt up onto one of the nearby pews and transitioned into a spinning back kick, compressing her essence into a piercing lance of fire to punch through the vermin's obnoxiously thick carapace.

Decisive attack against spider.

5m Personal Occult Excellency

Occult 5 + Intelligence 5 + Fire Magic 1 + Excellency 5 = 16
12 hits probably beats its DV, rolling 21 dice of decisive damage.
9 HLs of lethal damage.

Drawing upon your well of essence, the fire forms at your command. And as you command, the flames mold themselves into the weapon and successfully strike the Spider.

The flames open up a deep burning gash across the demons abdomen with a loud hiss as bug innards cauterize instantly. Reeling in pain but still alive. It has suffered some major damage. From its writhing, hou can tell it struggles to move, but it's not out of the fight yet.

A hearty 9 levels of Lethal damage done. Your initiative is now reset to 3.

Current round
Ember - 21
Jontom - 17
Luanna - 10
Mors - 25
Karyn - 10
Red Tusk - 9
Red Monk 1 - 6
Demon Spider - -3 (Lx9)
Red Monk 2 - -6

Next Round
Ember - 3

Sherwood Sherwood
It is Jontoms turn. Will you be trying to finish off the Spider or do you have other plans?

With a nod to Ember for her excellent strike on the spider, Jontom decides to do what he can to finish it off. Letting out a loud roar, he leaps up into the air and comes down with a powerful swing of his sword, using what little Essence he has to increase the power behind the blow. "Creature of Malifas, it is time to meet your end!"

OOC Performing a Decisive attack while using the Charm Thunderbolt Attack Prana for 4m.

Oh, my God. Only two successes. I don't think I hit it unless it has some serious amounts of DV penalties from its wounds.

Rolling

With the Thunderbolt Attack Prana, I did 8 levels of Lethal to it. My rolls have been total garbage today.

In the hands of an Exalt, even mortal weapons can cleave that which the ordinary cannot. As you bring your blade down, your essence channels itself through the steel. The entire length of your blades slices clean through the front half of the demon Spider.

The half cloven spider has not even time to let out any more sounds in agony, for it dies a blood death. Its legs trying to reflexively curl into its body, yet the damage done prevents it from even doing that.

The demon spider is slain.

You have killed the demon spider. Your initiative is reset to 3.

Current round
Ember - 21
Jontom - 17
Luanna - 10
Mors - 25
Karyn - 10
Red Tusk - 9
Red Monk 1 - 6
Demon Spider - -3 (Lx9)
Red Monk 2 - -6

Next Round
Ember - 3
Jontom - 3

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws
It is Luanna's turn. What would you like to do?

Seeing the demon spider reduced to ashes, Luanna smiles at the creature in front of her "i might not be fierce a warrior as that one is" And she points her spear briefly at Jontom "But that doesn't mean that I don't have other surprises up my sleeve" And with that said, she touches Red Tusk's flank, eliciting a cry of joy from him. It was an attack plan they had rehearsed many times. She jumps on his back, and nearly stumbles, as one of her shoes falls apart, and nearly destroys her momentum, and foils the attack, but when she presses down with her legs, to signal to Red Tusk that it's time to give her a lift into the air, she feels the essence that renewed drain into Red Tusk, and he gives her a more powerful lift than ever before. In fact, when she looks down, to aim her spear at the creature, she can tell that Red Tusks has grown even bigger, and his hide take on a look almost metallic in nature. But she doesn't have time to consider it, as she closes in on her target, intending to strike at it.

Making another Withering attack at Red Monk 1, and spending 5m, 1 wp to activate Saga Beast Virtue
I'll assume a 2-die stunt on this, and if our ST disapproves, we can disregard the last two dice results

So, 6 successes, if the stunt is approved, otherwise only 4.

The red monk somehow manages to dodge the charging hellboar, but you were ready with your spear. The monk does his brings up his arm to try and deflect the tip of the spear.

The stunt is accepted.
You strike him with 1 threshold success. Roll withering damage.

Though the Red monk successfully knocks the spear beside, the bladed tip came close enough to scratch his cheek. There was no blood... of course. Just clay. A grazing strike, but a strike nonetheless.

You deal a generous 1 initiative of damage and recover 2, bringing you to 12.

Current round
Ember - 21
Jontom - 17
Luanna - 10
Karyn - 10
Red Tusk - 9
Mors - 25
Red Monk 1 - 5
Demon Spider - -3 (Lx9)
Red Monk 2 - -6

Next Round
Luanna - 12
Ember - 3
Jontom - 3

Psychie Psychie
It is Karyn's turn. What would you like to do?

Karyn levels her bow at the Red Monk 1, and with a sneer, she fires her second arrow of the fight, but this time, she decides to dip into the nearly depleted wellspring of Essence within her to enhance her attack.

OOC Spending my 5m on my Archery Excellency to make a Withering attack.

5 successes to hit

As quick as a flash, the Red Monk moves from diverting the spear to reflexively bringing up a hand at the glint of an incoming arrow to smack it aside.

Psychie Psychie You strike with 1 threshold success. It has a soak of 9. Roll damage.

And I realize that I didn't roll enough dice on my to-hit. The bonus +5 Accuracy for the range was not added in. :closedeyescryingfrown:

You may roll those. You can add successes in die to withering damage.
Thank you. I was ok with not, since it was my own mistake, but I will not look a gift horse in the mouth.

It added a total of two more successes for a total of 4i damage.

As the monk swipes the arrow away, he did not anticipate the force a solar could launch an arrow. For as soon as it was parried, the impact caused the shaft of the arrow to shatter, sending shrapnel to be buried into the monks body of clay.

You gain a good 5 initiative, bringing you to 15

Current round
Ember - 21
Jontom - 17
Luanna - 10
Karyn - 10
Red Tusk - 9
Mors - 25
Red Monk 1 - 1
Demon Spider - Dead
Red Monk 2 - -6

Next Round
Karyn - 15
Luanna - 12
Ember - 3
Jontom - 3

It is Red Tusks turn. What would you like to do?

Last edited:
There's something to be said for a hellboar that stands so big, and has now grown 25% more. His tusks have grown with him, and so is his desire to see this creature down, and to have a taste of his insides.

Doing a Withering attack with his bite.

Attack (Bite): 9 dice (Damage 16, minimum 5).

As the hellboar charges, the red monk formally decides to get serious. For seeing the demon Spider being vanquished. He knew he needed to step up his game.

The red monk did not move from the charge, but instead, with a quick jump, planted his foot onto Red Tusk's snout.

The hellboar, sadly, missed. Pushing Mors turn to after this red monk.

As the red monk landed, he movements changed into that of a predator. With a contorted face and fingers splayed out like claws. The monk ran up the neck of the hellboar with his hand outstretched to bury its claws into Luannas chest.

The monk passed an athletics check. It is making a withering attack against you for 6 successes. Declare your defense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back