• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Empire City: The Irish Mob - IC (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Tatiana Moretti

1598917385164.png The tension eased slightly when Tatiana noticed Rebel visibly relax. Of course, she didn't doubt the woman was still conscious of the risk, but she wanted to at least be able to enjoy their time together - otherwise, there was no point in even exploring her feelings, and might as well have already started trying to extract information about Valentina's attack. Even with her sister on her mind, however, Tatiana was thrown by Rebel’s direct confession that she had spent all her savings on the weekend away with her. As if the gesture itself wasn’t romantic enough, the woman now appeared to be allowing her feelings to slip through her defensive exterior. Normally, Tatiana could handle a lot more than simply being called pretty, but for some reason coming from this woman it brought a deep blush to her cheeks and an uncontrollable smile to her face. If she kept going with it, Tatiana wasn’t sure she wouldn’t be able to resist kissing her.

As it stood, she instead found herself absorbed by Rebel’s account of working in the Irish Mob and how it left her with no free time. Contrary to her own experience, which allowed for both family time and personal time - albeit minimal - it sounded as though the mob were swept off their feet. Whether that was a sign of them struggling to stay afloat, or a sign that they had major plans in store for the Morettis and East Harlem, Tatiana couldn’t be certain - but as she watched Rebel speak, she had to wonder why she had found herself working for the mob in the first place. “Sounds like you were pretty desperate to completely change your life,” she noted. “I wonder what was worse than this?” She studied the woman’s face for a moment, trying to figure her out. “Or are you doing it for someone else? You owe your life to somebody, and vowed to spend the rest of your days fighting a war in their name?”

Tatiana’s face fell into a puzzled smile when Rebel admitted to having heard only one side of the story and she leaned back in her seat. “I really hope you’re joking,” she said, her tone deadly serious. “So either you know what your people did and you invited me here to insult me, or you don’t know who you’re working for. I don’t know what’s worse.” She did her best to hold her eyes on the woman but after a few seconds, the weight of the painful memories forced her to look away. “This feud has been going on since you and I were just innocent little kids. It started with a fight for the New York throne, back in the 50s. The Irish kept attacking our men, trying to make us quit. So, my uncle killed their boss. It was the next step up, I guess, the next power move. But that didn’t stop them…” Tatiana’s gaze grew distant as she absent-mindedly tapped a finger against the base of her wine glass. “It was only a couple years ago, Rebel. 1969, my uncle’s birthday party…The entire place was flattened after James Porter blew it up. He tried to wipe out my entire family. Not just those involved in the gang, either - everyone at that party was killed on the spot, and those that weren’t were hunted down. The only reason my family and I are still here is because we hadn’t arrived yet...When we did, there was nothing left.”

By this point, she could hardly look Rebel in the eye. Her appetite was gone, her mood soured. Not even the soulful music could rescue what had once been a romantic atmosphere - now it just sounded depressing. “Maybe this was a bad idea,” Tatiana suddenly said, jumping to her feet and heading through to the bedroom area. “You and I, we’re - we’re just -” It surprised her to find tears leaking from her eyes and she wiped them away fiercely with the heel of her palm as she scrambled to pack her bags again. “I just wanted to forget all of this, for one night. Someone needs to teach you how to switch off, Rebel! I mean, my job is crazy, too, but at least I don’t lose myself in my work. I make time to have fun, to go out and meet women. I could have spent my Saturday night with somebody else, but no, it had to be you! Why the fuck did it have to be you, Rebel? All you had to do was look at me that way, and I…I got this crazy feeling that we could have something.” It only sounded foolish to her now. Remembering the previous attacks on her family had reminded her of Valentina. Perhaps if she and Rebel really had a chance it would still be worth one night away from her sister. But what chance did they really have?

Interactions
Bellz Bellz

Rebel Holt
3347e7dfe1af07b001d74fc5b1cf584b.jpg
Although Rebel had been working for the Porters for some time, she didn't feel the need to be educated in what they'd done in the past, only focusing on the present in order to stay focus. Clearly, Tatiana thought she was crazy for thinking that way and as she explained the feud between the two gangs from when they were small, Rebel realized that she must have hit a major nerve with the woman.

Before she knew it, Tati was on her feet unable to look her directly in the eye as she heads towards the bedroom area. Rebel didn't dare move as she watched the woman try to work out her own internal problems. To her surprise, the woman was crying and Rebel instantly felt bad for questioning her, to begin with. The whole situation was confusing her, Tati really thought that they would be able to have some sort of fun weekend together, even though they weren't even supposed to be talking to each other, to begin with. "Woah, Woah...slow down." Rebel said as she then stood from her seat and walked towards the distraught woman.

Rebel hesitantly took the bag from Tati's hands and set it on the bed before taking a deep breath. "Breathe." She commanded, hoping the woman would listen to her for a second as she tried to get her bearings on the situation. It was silent for a moment as Rebel allowed her thoughts on what to do next take over. Tati, who had been putting up a good front only moments ago was now an emotional mess before her very eyes. If there was one thing Rebel couldn't handle, it was a pretty woman crying. "Look, I'm sorry that I upset you so much." Rebel sighed before moving to sit down on the bed beside Tati's bags. "It's just...you are a very hard woman to read. I mean, you have to be here to get some sort of information out of me right? That's all I was trying to do. I didn't realize you would get so upset...but I understand why you are. I don't have a tie to this fight at all, it's just me doing my job. You have a lot at stake, which is why I'm so puzzled as to why you showed up."

Rebel couldn't deny that she was into Tati. The looks they had been giving each other the night of the charity event were ones she gave often and she felt really shitty for leading Tati on in that way. "I can switch it off...with some help." Rebel murmured before standing and reaching out to brush some of Tati's wild hair from her face. "It's not just you...I'm just awkward in that way...never been able to relax, even as a kid. But I will earnestly try now, for you, okay? You clearly need this and I...I'm pretty sure I need this too." Rebel mustered a smile at the woman and nodded her head back towards the table. "What do ya say? Let's order a bunch of wine and see where this takes us? No business talk. I promise."
with: Tati Pyroclast Pyroclast

Gabriel Moretti

MYP-Magazine-27-Interview-Luke-Evans-01.jpgGabriel watched as Elvian approached him, his eyes following hers as she squatted down in front of him. He listened to his wife apologise for not taking his feelings into account, quickly shaking his head to dismiss her concerns. As the head of the family, he believed it was up to him to remain strong and to contain his own feelings to ensure those depending on him didn't lose confidence. Elvian went on to tell him it wasn't his fault, but he wasn't sure how much of that was true. He'd brought them to New York and he'd failed to prevent Valentina from getting hurt. Other than the two-faced piece of shit that was Isac, Gabriel could think of many others who were to blame before himself. He let out a deep breath, gently squeezing his wife's hands and she took hold of his. With the suggestion they left Valentina to rest, Gabriel looked to his daughter as he considered whether it was wise to leave her. He soon relented, trusting Marcus and Teddy would keep her safe.

Gabriel stood up as he gave in to Elvian's suggestion. "You're right. I should get some sleep so I can deal with tomorrow's matters," he agreed, not oblivious to the fact he hadn't slept in three days. He looked to Marcus and Teddy, his expression remaining neutral. "The three of us will deal with Isac tomorrow," he assured the two men. "I've got security outside this room at all hours, but you both must make sure Valentina isn't left alone," he told him. With that, he placed his hand on Elvian's lower back and walked with her out of the room.

When they finally arrived home, Gabriel wasted no time in having a shower and using the time alone to organise his thoughts. Elvian had told him he could let his anger out at home, but Gabriel wasn't sure if he'd rather hold onto it and use it against Isac the following day. He eventually emerged from the en-suite bathroom and changed into some casual clothes for a change. He sat down in one of the chairs by the bookcase and observed Elvian for a time before finally speaking up. "I'm sure you, like I, would never want to imagine a life without our three children, but... Do you ever regret picking me that night in the club? You could have chosen to spend your evening with a different man and no doubt had a more peaceful life for it. I made you leave Sicily and then I made you leave Miami. I often resented my father for all of those missed childhood memories he didn't have time to give me, but in the end, I am my father's son."

Gabriel paused as he tapped his fingertips on the edge of the table. "As hard as it is to admit I made the same mistakes in not giving our children the same childhoods their friends had... I believe I did the right thing. I had to be strict to protect them and I always will want to push them to be the best they can be. I don't believe any of us should settle when every one of us in this family is intelligent and capable of the best. I can't change that mindset, Elvian, not when I know how close we are to taking New York. We've taken a few hits and the attack on Valentina has been a huge blow, but our family still has the upper hand." Gabriel stood up and took Elvian's hands in his. "I'm sorry we don't get to spend much time together like we used to and I hope once this war is over, we can go on dates and dance together just as we did when I came home from the last war I was in," he said, referring to the Second World War. He tightly closed his eyes before giving in and reopening them. "Marcus wants you all to return to Miami, away from the dangers of this city. I now understand if you and the girls wish to accompany him and I only hope you will return to New York once the Irish have been defeated. I will miss you, of course, but I know none of you wished to leave Miami to begin with."

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Elvian)
Mentions: RayPurchase RayPurchase (Marcus) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Teddy)

Tatiana Moretti

1599093169232.png Tatiana had surprised herself by her emotional outburst. It wasn’t like her to lose her composure, especially when on a job or flirting with a woman - and this time, she was technically there to do both. However, the confusing feelings that she had for her had already put her in a vulnerable state, and no matter how naturally self-assured, confident or stoic she was, there were one or two things that never failed to strike a nerve: one was her sexuality, which she had promised herself to defend, and another was the massacre of her family. The fact that it had been Rebel who had brought it to her mind - a woman she felt strangely connected to, yet who was her enemy and seemingly ignorant of the context behind the war she was fighting in - made it all the more heartbreaking to talk about.

The thought of Valentina lying helpless in hospital fuelled her guilt, yet some selfish part of her was relieved when Rebel came over to stop her. She gave up the bag, but didn’t meet her eye and even took a step back to help her resist the temptation to fall into the woman’s arms. After taking a deep breath - incidentally, the first order she had ever taken from the Irish Mob - Tatiana fell quiet and allowed Rebel to take over. She didn’t say anything about the mission her father had assigned her for her weekend away, and though her tears were real, she was hopeful that her visible anguish would steer the woman away from asking any more prying questions. The sooner they moved on from any talk of business, the sooner she would be able to relax. Emotions were not a tool that Tatiana tended to use to manipulate her targets, but given Rebel’s response she figured it could be rather effective in future. A trick to keep up her sleeve.

Rebel’s reminder of how much she had risked by going to Montauk drew a heavy sigh from her. Her intention to fraternise with the enemy was stirring up enough internal conflict that she was struggling to justify it herself. But she knew why she had shown up - whether she liked it or not, she was naturally drawn to Rebel. Her desire to explore their chemistry had taken her there, under the pretence that she would do whatever it took to extract information about Valentina’s attack. Before she could dwell on that possibility again, Tatiana felt the gentle touch of Rebel’s fingertips upon her face as she swept her hair aside. Grateful that she hadn’t been expected to discuss her family further, Tatiana smiled at the woman’s suggestion that they continue their evening.

“I’m not your enemy, Rebel, and you’re not mine. We’re just two people caught in opposite sides of a war.” She exhaled a deep breath and brushed the remaining tears away with her forefinger. “But that means we can’t trust each other. I wish the circumstances were different, because I really like you..but we can’t make this work. Not without putting ourselves and our people at risk. I’ll only break your heart, and I know you’ll break mine.” Everything about their evening together had been a red flag from the start; Tatiana knew it was extremely foolish to be open with Rebel, and could almost hear her future self screaming at her to stop right there and go home. “We have one night, okay? Any more than that and we become a danger to ourselves. One night.” Tatiana stepped closer to Rebel and delicately slid a hand into hers. “Let’s make it one to remember.”

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Rebel

Elvian Moretti
000TRF_Catherine_Zeta-Jones_034.jpg
Elvian was glad Gabriel had taken her advice. He looked tired and Elvian felt how he was looking. Besides, with Marcus and Teddy talking and staying for the night, there was no need for herself and her husband to be there. Picking up the bag Teddy had brought for her, she made her way to him and hugged him. "Watch over my little girl?" To which Teddy nodded watching her turn to Marcus. She was giving him the same routine before she turned to walk back to her husband. Teddy made sure to reassure his boss that this situation was his top priority and that he wasn't going to leave the room at all. Watching as the two of them leave the room, he took a deep breath and took a seat, running his hand through his hair. "I thought that was going to be a whole lot worse." He spoke to Marcus, careful not to wake up Valentina.

Once they were home, Gabriel had left her to go and take a shower. Elvian hadn't eaten much and only assumed her husband hadn't either, so she set out to make them something. The drive home was very quiet. A lot was going through their heads, no doubt about it, but she was prepared for whatever conversation they were about to have. Before she took her own shower, she wanted to make tea and something quick to eat. She quickly put together soup and put on a kettle before going to take her own shower. Elvian wanted so badly to cry in the shower, but she knew if she were it could prove to raise more concerns. She didn't want her husband to feel like this was too much for her, that it was going to break her. That wasn't the way it was supposed to be, in her head. But she couldn't help it as a dam broke inside of her and she began to cry. The reason behind it was unknown, but she did know it was probably a good thing to get it all out of her system. After a few minutes, she left the shower hoping her red eyes would go away as she dressed and went back to the kitchen.

With a tray in her hands, she returned to her husband along with a bowl of soup and tea. She placed them on a nearby table, silverware clanking against each other as her husband spoke. There was a soft sniffle she tried to keep quiet while allowing him to say his part while fixing his drink. It wasn't until he asked if she regretted meeting him that she stopped. Her back was turned to him as she stood frozen, unable to process what he had just asked her. She didn't understand why he was talking this way, but she sure didn't like it. "First off," she started, bringing his cup to his table and setting it down. There was a nearby bench that she dragged in front of her husband so she could sit. "There's no one else who could have saved me or given me the night that you had; so no, I don't regret it at all." There was a slight pause as she looked at him, a sad smile presented on her lips. "You didn't twist my arm and make me leave Sicily or Miami. A wife is supposed to be with her husband no matter where he goes. But, I would have thought by now you'd have understood I would follow you anywhere without regret. There was a deep sigh as she rubbed her hands together. "When you first shared with me your lifestyle, I knew what I was in for. I knew peace was something to have but so short-lived and I accepted that. I wish you wouldn't think about such things." She didn't like hearing him talk this way as if he were to blame for everything that happened.

Standing up, she put the bench back where it came from before fixing her own cup of tea. While she did so, she listened to him to justify his actions, the reasons why he raised their kids the way he had. "You don't have to explain nor defend your reasonings to me or anyone else for that matter. The kids know you love them and when the time comes they will understand that all of this was to prepare them for what we've had to deal with for years." She could hear him rustling in his seat and set her cup down after taking a sip, turning to face him. He had taken her hands and she looked down at them, rubbing her thumb across his. His next few sentences gave her a slight rollercoaster of emotions, remembering the days they used to have that brought her so much joy. When he mentioned her going back to Miami, she frowned and shook her head. "Gabriel Moretti," she took a sigh before shaking her head. "I may throw tantrums like a child when something I love and enjoy gets taken away from me, like Miami, but I'm happy to go anywhere you are. I didn't marry you just to live in different states. I will always be by your side no matter what."

Mitchell Van Gerwen

1599126535472.png
It was a Dead End. Perhaps in more ways than one. Mitch paced the end of the alley, met with the high brick wall and fire doors that remained locked, not even a handle on them to rattle in desperation. Before he even turned back towards where he had come from he knew that the game was up, the rapid footsteps behind him slowing to a halt. Mitch breathed in deeply, his heart still pounding in his ears. It was the first time he’d managed to take a proper look at his pursuers. The closest one was a rough beast of a man, ticked all the boxes of your cliche villain, the scraggly beard growth, bruising around his clearly busted nose like he had been scrapping just 5 minutes before. And the gun in his hand levelled at Mitch. Such a small thing, Mitch found himself thinking, it almost didn’t look real this close, like a toy out of a cracker, surely it should have been bigger. Even the threat seemed distant, coming to him across some long ocean, time seemed to slow, the words elongating and twisted as they arrived at Mitch’s ears. He looked down at the briefcase in his hands. What they wanted so badly. How easy would it be just to hand it over, to wash his hands of it, maybe they’d let him go. He wasn’t a fighter or a soldier, he was a non-combatant, the quiet analyst who works behind the scenes. The briefcase felt heavy, filled with iron instead of paper, the strain of holding it more mental than physical.

‘Just hand it over’ a voice spoke from somewhere within the confines of his adrenaline addled mind, cutting through the rapidly firing neurons and panic, through the animalistic cries of fight or flight. Hand it over, beg for their mercy and live to fight another day. Another day to see Rachel, that smile one more time. It would be so easy.

He could see Jed’s eye’s widening as the briefcase flew through the air. Beginning to run towards Mitch even as he knew it was too late to do anything, the smashing of glass as it flew through one of the high windows, too high to climb, and behind a solid door. When it landed within it was still only a few feet away. But for his pursuers it might as well have been on the moon. Behind brick and steel. They wanted this over with, they must know that the Porters weren’t going to be delaying, they’d have men arriving soon. Mitch couldn’t stop them, not a chance in hell, but he could deny them a final act of defiance from a man who’s defiance had been limited to the courtroom. Rachel would have been proud he was sure. What he would have given to see her now, to tell her so many things that up until now he hadn’t allowed to pass his own lips. Perhaps she knew already, maybe that would be enough. One last regret, the regret of a dead man.

With a surprising calm Mitch reached up and removed his glasses, placing them gently in the top pocket of his jacket. His hands flipped to his tie knot, straightening it, with all the poise of a man preparing for a day at the office.

“Client confidentiality I’m afraid Sir. Looks like I’m going to have to have to add to your ruined week,”

(interaction Misty Gray Misty Gray Ethan)

Gabriel Moretti

myp-magazine-27-interview-luke-evans-01-jpg.776067
As Elvian set about responding to his words with a "first off", Gabriel was quick to accept his cup of tea and take a small sip as he anticipated her next words. He looked his wife in the eyes as she pulled up a seat to sit opposite him. He sent her a small smile as she stood by her decision to spend time with him the evening they first met, almost three decades ago. As for the moves to Miami and then to New York, Gabriel was fully aware he hadn't exactly opened those big changes up for discussion at any point. So to hear Elvian say she stood by him and didn't wish to return to Miami now he'd finally given her the opportunity to choose, made him feel relieved where his marriage was concerned. He knew he shouldn't have had to question her, considering she'd been open and honest with him since day one. "Of course, I'm sorry," he said when she told him not to think about such things. "I suppose hearing how Marcus feels, and Valentina too... It's difficult not to be like this when I want the best for them and the best out of them. I guess I expected Marcus to kick off one day, though it was still a surprise. Then to hear Valentina talk to me the way she did..." He took another sip of his tea as his mind moved on to Tatiana. He could only imagine how much she'd want to get off of her chest given half a chance, especially due to his inability to actively support her sexuality.

Gabriel knew it was seeing his daughter in such a state that had got him feeling oddly contemplative, but he knew he'd feel better after a proper night's sleep. After asking Elvian to fill him in on everything Valentina had told her and what she'd told the cops, Gabriel had been feeling extra motivated to make Isac suffer the following day. Of course, he knew he was a hypocrite, that he was responsible for the suffering of innocents and their families, but it was personal now. The thought of his daughter being harmed sickened him, even if he himself had committed or ordered worse over the years. None of those were personal to him. The suffering of his own family was. "I promise those responsible will pay the ultimate price for harming our daughter," he calmly assured her.

Once his tea was finished, Gabriel stood up. Reassured by his wife's words about why she married him, he beckoned her closer so they could embrace. "I love you, Elvian. I mean... don't go spreading this to my employees or anyone, but you've been my rock throughout all of this." He placed a gentle kiss on her lips before loosening his hold and taking a step back from her. "Right now, though, that bed of ours is calling out to me and tomorrow will be another busy day."

Syd Porter

1599177368385.png In the end it was Roxie who answered him. Syd consciously softened his gaze when he turned to look at her, doing his best not to react when she mentioned her father. But he couldn’t keep it up for barely a few seconds before his face settled into a puzzled frown. He glanced towards Ricky and Angelica, wondering what they thought of it, before looking back to Roxie. “He wants to give you his company?” Everything about it seemed off to him; he had never trusted Stefano even before Roxie’s kidnapping, and the fact that Syd had managed to kill him in the end didn’t stop him from believing that the man would have tried to mess with Roxie from beyond the grave. From what she had told him previously, it didn’t sound like he had ever respected her. If he wanted her to take over the business, Syd could only imagine that it would put her in further harm. Thankfully, she assured him that she didn’t want anything to do with it. Syd reached out to lightly caress her arm, though his expression remained deadly serious.

Hearing that Angelica was keen for her to take what was rightfully hers, Syd couldn’t help but raise his eyebrow at the woman. He wished that she spoke English so that he could question her about her decision, for he had already used most of the Italian he knew. “There must be a lot of options here,” he thought aloud. “It smells like bullshit to me. If it was anyone else, I’d see no reason why you shouldn’t accept it all, but it just…seems out of character.” He shook his head, before looking Roxie in the eye. He had to admit, after seeing countless examples of her work ethic, dedication, professionalism and fortitude, that it wasn’t hard to imagine her excelling as the head of a high-profile business. Syd was aware that his trust issues and anxiety made him want to control everything, and most of the time he recognised when that took a toll on his relationship with Roxie. Now was his chance to be supportive - even though, deep down, he sincerely hoped she would stick to her decision to stay out of any plans her father had made for her. “Whatever you choose to do, Roxie...I’ll support you and I’ll do whatever it takes to keep you safe. But I don’t trust him, even now. I never will.”

Syd instantly recoiled at hearing Gabriel Moretti’s name. The concern on his face when he looked over to Ricky was plain as day and he made no effort to hide it as he edged away from Roxie. Before he could question their business with the man, she explained that it was only to discuss Stefano’s prior involvement, and Ricky soon backed her up with a more detailed explanation of the business his death had left their family in. As much as he hated the thought of Roxie having to get in contact with the head of their enemy gang, he knew that their reasons made sense - and furthermore, trying to negotiate with Gabriel Moretti was a risk in itself. Syd pinched the bridge of his nose as he mulled their words over, allowing the room to fall into silence. Finally, he gave a sigh and lifted his head to look directly at Riccardo. “Alright,” he relented. “He’s left you a lot of shit to clean up. Whether any of us like it or not, that’s your business more than mine. Ricky, I don’t know you, and as a rule, giving people the benefit of the doubt isn’t something I do. But out of respect for Roxie, I’m going to trust that you’re nothing like your uncle and that you’ll never, ever leave her alone with Gabriel or anyone working in his name. You won’t lead her or my family into any kind of danger and if things ever go south during a meeting, you’ll inform me immediately. I’m trusting you to do that. I don’t think I have to threaten you.”

Evidence of his discomfort could be seen in the spasmodic twitches of his hands and the restless shifting on the spot. Syd clenched his fists and folded his arms to hide them away, but he couldn’t hide the glower in his eyes as he glanced between the three of them. He still had no idea how to talk about Stefano. Jackson had helped him to process the murder, but it was different when it came to Roxie and her family. Now he had found himself in a conversation with them about the man and had to try to navigate it honestly, while somehow remaining sensitive. Even leaving an open threat on Riccardo could imply he would readily kill him as he had Stefano. Syd didn’t doubt that he would if it came to it, either; as difficult as it was to overcome, he didn’t regret killing the man and would do it again if it meant saving Roxie’s life. He gave Ricky a curt nod, and looked Angelica over for a second or two, wondering if she was managing to keep up with the conversation. He wanted to take the baby out of her arms, but Jane looked so content and was doing such a good job of occupying her grandmother that he left the pair alone.

With the atmosphere tense once again, Roxie moved on to suggest inviting her uncle over the next day to discuss the situation further, while gently offering him the option to decline. Syd sighed, already sick of the idea. But, while it unsettled him to have more strangers entering his property, he understood that it was for an important cause. “Thank you, Roxie, but that’s fine,” he wearily assured her, dragging a hand through his tousled hair. Even talking about a meeting made him feel drained, and he wasn’t even required to be present for it. “You have a lot to discuss. If you have to meet with Moretti face to face, it’s best you’re all well-prepared and on the same page.” The words were practically forced out - it felt like the only right thing to say, even though the thought of her going anywhere near him made him want to scream. Feeling deeply unsettled and struggling to control the involuntary movements, Syd moved over to an armchair and sat down, tightening his arms around himself to keep his hands out of sight.

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Roxie
Misty Gray Misty Gray Ricky

Roxie Carriveau
Black and white .png
Roxie was very much relieved that Syd had a somewhat leveled reaction to what she and Ricky just told him. Nodding her head, she took Syd’s words into consideration as what her father had done did seem very out of character as he pointed out. But she wondered just how important her father’s business had been to her Uncle and how it would play in speaking with Gabriel. There was a lot to consider. Thankfully, Syd added on that he would support her no matter what she chose to do. This caused her to shift Jeanie into one arm before moving to grab his hand gently. She didn’t miss the way Syd flinched at Moretti’s name and the concern on his face was obvious. He let go of her hand and edged away from her and Roxie frowned deeply, wondering what he was going to do next. The man simply pinched the bridge of his nose as he considered their words and finally, he sighed looking directly at her cousin with a serious look in his eyes.

What he asked of Ricky was fair enough but Roxie couldn’t help but feel irritated with all this “protection” she needed. Of course, she was still healing but she wasn’t completely helpless now. Holding her tongue, she let the men finish speaking before clearing her throat and looking to her mother who she was sure didn’t pick up on anything they said as she continued to hold her attention to Jane.

Roxie was relieved once more as Syd said it was fine if her Uncle came to visit but she could see how drained this whole conversation was making him. His patience was being tested severely and Roxie knew that if they didn’t switch to a different conversation soon, he could have an outburst. On that note, Roxie nodded her head in appreciation. ”Like I said, I don’t think I’m going to keep my father’s business so meeting with Moretti is something that I don’t think will happen. If I do decide to keep it, I think I will have my Uncle and Ricky just meet with him and get back to me on any important information. Though I doubt the prick has anything important and worthy of my attention to say.” Suddenly, Syd moved away from her and Roxie frowned once again as he moved to sit in the arm chair, his hands invisible as he wrapped his arms around himself. He seemed to have a hard time controlling his movements.

The room filled with silence for a moment as Roxie thought of what to do next, wanting to deescalate the situation before Syd got too deep into his head. Jeanie was asleep but Jane seemed to sense the uncomfortable silence in the room as she started to fuss in her grandmother’s arms. Roxie stood up immediately to put Jeanie back in her rocker before moving to take Jane from her mother. ”How about that alcohol now, hmm? I think now is the perfect time to crack open a bottle of that wine.” Roxie said to everyone in the room, a small smile forming on her lips as she tried to once again make light of the situation at hand.
with: Ricky Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast

Ethan Turner

1596549272037-png.764744
Ethan watched as Mitch sent the briefcase flying into the air, his head lifting to keep up with the object as it smashed through the window into some building. He kept his head facing up to the high windows as a twisted smile naturally formed on his lips. He lowered his head and slowly shook it as his cold eyes fixed onto Mitch. "You stupid bastard," his unsettling, calm voice berated the lawyer. Though the gun was remaining firmly in his hand, Ethan knew it was be a crazy act of desperation that would cause him to open fire and draw attention to himself whilst deep in Sullivan territory. "Deal with this piece of shit, Jed," he ordered the bigger man at his side, knowing he could easily take the lawyer down with his bare hands.

Ethan took a few steps back and placed his hands on his hips as he looked back up to the window the briefcase had smashed through. He assessed the building and couldn't deny the clear fact that the window was too high for him to reach. The building itself was more than likely owned by the Irish, so he wasn't about to attempt accessing it through conventional manners of a door nor through attempts at using persuasion to be granted entry. Soon giving up on the briefcase, Ethan looked back to Mitch. "Well, you're fucked now, aren't ya?" he menacingly told him.

RayPurchase RayPurchase (Mitch)

Chapter 16: Not a Soul Left Unscathed - Part 2
Chapter 16: Not a Soul Left Unscathed - Part 2
Sunday 20th February 1972
...Next day…
Evening - Dry, Mild, Clear skies

1599439811276.png

Moretti Base - Basement
~ Tribeca, Manhattan ~
Gabriel Moretti

smug headshake.gifThe florescent strip-light lit the otherwise miserable and damp basement room. The 15'x15' room was relatively bare. Against one wall, an old metal table had various knives, blades and tools set out. In the corner a large bucket filled with water. The centre of the room was a focal point, where Isac sat restrained to an old wooden chair, his wrists bound by heavy duty tape to the arms of the seat. Dressed in only his boxer shorts, the shivering Romanian's exposed chest showed the heavy bruising from the beating he'd taken when he'd first been dragged to the heavily-guarded Tribeca base late the previous night. The bleeding mouth was the result of Gabriel's fist, as was the rapidly forming bruising around Isac's throat from the Italian's tight, suffocating grip.

Gabriel, as well as Teddy and Marcus, had been in the basement for a couple of hours. Though there had been some physical torture to accompany the mental, it had all been just a warm-up. Clearly, the easy path had been rejected by Isac, as the man had refused to answer his boss' questions. Gabriel was a patient man, but he was also one who valued his own time, so the fact his the Romanian was wasting it was wearing thin. "I told you, Boss. You're got the wrong guy. I've known your family since way back in Miami and I would never hurt Valentina," he pleaded. Although he saw the way Gabriel's eyes burned deeper when he said Valentina's name, Isac continued, forcing a tone of desperation into his voice. "Please. She must be mistaken. She was messed up pretty bad, yeah?" he tried to reason.

"No! I trust my daughter's recollections are accurate. You were a man I allowed into my home and to protect my family. She's seen your face many times over the years. Not to mention she recognised that crooked nose and hideous tattoo of yours." Gabriel threw a heavy knuckle into the side of the Romanian's nose, the heavy crack echoing in the room to confirm the man's nose had just been broken. "You have no alibi. None of your friends or colleagues can vouch for were you were that evening. But, you were one of the few who held the knowledge of where my daughter would be. Plus, it has come to my attention that you had been expressing impatience and criticism for my methods - you wished for the war with the Irish to erupt."

"You're wrong..." Isac began to argue, the blood from his nose sneaking into his mouth as he spoke. He was silenced as Gabriel pressed a strong hand against his face, forcing his head to turn sideways and any resistance against the Italian's powerful hold to be useless. With his free right hand, Gabriel grabbed the gas lighter from the back pocket of his trousers. His eyes were focused on the serpent tattoo above the left ear of the Romanian's shaved head. Igniting the flame, Gabriel allowed it to touch the man's tattooed skin, the fire melting the man's flesh on contact. Isac screamed out in pain and struggled in his seat, unable to move his head in any direction as Gabriel's hold continued to restrict any movement.

Gabriel's eyes remained focused on the man as he kept burning away at the skin until he'd destroyed the whole tattoo. He extinguished the flame and moved the gas lighter away, letting go of the man's head and taking a step back to assess the damage. The skin where the tattoo had once been visible was now blackened, with clear, yellow-ish liquid seeping out of the wound. "Now that's an improvement. I always did hate that ugly tattoo," Gabriel hissed at the man. "I'll ask my question again. Who was the man you were with?"

Once the shock of the attack wore down, Isac realised most of the pain from the burn had died out, along with many of the nerve endings at the location of the deep burn. Still, his broken nose was throbbing in pain and he was aware things were likely to get worse. No longer denying his involvement, but not explicitly admitting to it, he looked to Gabriel and then the other two men in the room. "Maybe Valentina was seeing things. Double-vision or something? I wasn't with anyone else."

Though the man had as good as confessed to his involvement, it wasn't enough considering Gabriel hadn't had any doubts anyway. However, the man's defiance was clear. Gabriel turned away and stepped closer to Marcus and Teddy. "Are my questions unclear?" he rhetorically asked them. "Maybe you should both ask him. Perhaps I'm wording it all wrong?" he sarcastically remarked. Knowing his son and Teddy wanted revenge and answers too, he was inviting them to go ahead and have at Isac.
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Teddy) RayPurchase RayPurchase (Marcus)

Callahan Family Home
~ Forest Hills, Queens ~
Sinead Callahan

isla-fisher-gif-7.gifSinead hadn't been prepared for the cops standing on her doorstep late last night. They'd informed her of the attack at her jazz club, telling her the building had been burned to the ground and apparently with no survivors from inside. Somehow the officers had still expected to get some kind of useful information out of her after breaking such news. All they received were shakes or nods of her head in response to anything they asked her. She couldn't speak, instead lost in her thoughts as she couldn't switch off from imagining how terrified everyone must have been before suffering a horrendous death. The police eventually gave in and left the shocked woman in peace.

Once she was alone in the house, only her thoughts were left to keep her company. The realisation that her employees and customers had lost their lives for her dream was heartbreaking. There was a part of her that believed she didn't deserve to be alive after people had been killed looking after her business for her, whilst she'd been sat deciding what colour scheme to have in the nursery. Her anxious pacing eventually led her into the music room and she was reminded how the world around her had repeatedly tainted her lifelong aspirations of performing. Starting from the night in 1948 when Vinnie Romano had a man butchered in her backstage dressing room, she felt like she'd been cursed, that people were always suffering around her. The anxiety soon spilled over, leading Sinead to make a mess of the music room; a place she wound usually go to relax. Shards of the glass vases were left scattered across the now scratched and dented glossy black piano. Pieces of paper from the torn up sheet music were scattered all over the wooden floor. Anything that had been on a shelf had found itself on the ground after being launched across the room.

Feeling like she needed air to breathe, Sinead had stormed out of the house and into her car. Her unconscious mind had naturally led her into Manhattan, where she abandoned her car as close to the police cordon as she could get it. She set eyes upon the charred and still smoking ruins of her burned out club. Sunrise had been still a couple of hours away, but it was as clear as daylight there was nothing left. Nobody was left. She could feel her heart breaking in her chest as she sobbed for the dozens of lost souls. Old employees and new ones, who had all been working to maintain her dream were now gone. Good friends like Scott had perished but she was still alive. Sinead believed that she should have died with them, that it wasn't fair they had lost their lives. She was grateful that she wasn't alone that night as she had the growing life inside of her to lead her away from such thoughts. To harm herself would have brought harm to the innocent life that hadn't yet had chance to come into the world. Not to mention, she could never do something so cruel to Peter. She was stood trapped in her grief and she couldn't knowingly subject her loved ones to the way she was feeling in that moment. But one thing was for sure - she had to escape this life... the world that was New York.

Sinead couldn't remember much of it, but she had been sat on the wall in the same spot, shivering, for some hours until mid-morning when she was helped into her car and driven back home by Adam. The man had made arrangements for Peter to return home and have Syd take his place with the business in New Jersey. He had also encouraged Aliana to stay with Sinead in his place until Peter returned home, not wanting to leave the woman alone.

Now seated on the sofa with Aliana, Sinead was awaiting Peter's return. For much of the day, she'd been in the same kind of daze, struggling to say much and unable to stomach any kind of food. She could hardly keep her hands from over her stomach, somehow hoping to protect her unborn child from the horrible world around them. She soon snapped out of her trance and turned to Aliana, tears suddenly escaping her eyes to scramble down her cheeks. "I can't do this anymore, Ali. My whole life I've wanted to stick by Luce and Conor, whilst making a life for myself, but I can't have all of that. Not here. I need to get away from here and spare at least one of my babies from this living Hell."

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana) Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Moretti Family Home
~ Staten Island, New York City ~
Valentina Moretti

1599439904331.pngValentina had woken that morning still feeling anxious about her surroundings when the only place she wanted to be was in the comfort of her own home. The nurse had removed the various tubes she'd been connected to and was now only giving painkillers as tablets. The doctor had said himself that all they could do now was monitor her whilst she rested. This had given Valentina enough foundation to demand to the staff and to her family that she was discharged from the hospital to recover at home. She eventually got her way and was allowed to check out of the hospital in the late afternoon. It had been a painful and uncomfortable car journey, but she'd tried to contain most of the discomfort so she wouldn't be driven straight back to the hospital. She figured she was going to suffer wherever she was, so she'd rather be recovering where she felt safest.

With the men of the family out dealing with Isac, and Tatiana away, it was just Valentina and Elvian in the big house that evening. After spending days in the hospital bed, the thing she had been craving most what a hot bath. Even though she couldn't get her bandaged broken arm wet nor the dressing on her head, she was still content enough just sitting to soak in hot water in the steamed up bathroom. Despite the calming atmosphere, she still felt lost, like she was trapped inside a broken body. She was yearning for a new shell, one that would let her feel strong enough to fight back, rather than the body that presently felt weak and sent her pain from the slightest of movements.

Valentina had been in the bath for well over an hour before she realised the tepid water was rapidly turning colder. She struggled to dry and dress herself in some fresh pyjamas, all the while unable to check on her reflection in any mirror. She felt helpless enough without catching a glimpse of the damaged physical appearance everyone else was seeing when they looked at her. She wanted so much to fight back, but her physical and emotion injuries were still too raw.

Valentina soon climbed into her bed, finally able to take a deep breath as her sore body practically sank into the soft mattress. She'd asked her mother to join her so they could watch television and have snacks. Admittedly, a part of her just needed the company. She figured Elvian would have the same things on her mind too, so she decided to speak up. "I hope they make Isac suffer. I just wish I could be there to watch," she admitted. Although she was more than certain Gabriel, Marcus and Teddy could look after themselves, she still found herself concerned for their safety. It was bad enough that dozens of people had been killed at the jazz club, wrongly in her name, without her loved ones getting hurt because of her too. She was also still aware of someone else who was missing. "Have you heard from Tatiana? Should she still be gone now we know it wasn't the Porters? I hope she's okay," she said, turning to look her mother in the eyes. Somehow, worrying about her family helped distract her from what was had happened to herself.

The Lomax
~ Midtown, Manhattan ~
Adam Harper

1599439918050.pngThe nightclub had become busy over the last hour and the music seemed to be getting louder, even if it wasn't. Usually, Adam didn't mind loud music, but he wasn't in the most pleasant of moods. He hadn't managed to track Mitch down the previous night and he would be willing to put high stakes on the lawyer now being dead. The briefcase containing confidential files had manage to land in the possession of Porter allies who dutifully handed it back over to the mob. Adam updated James on the situation and suggested someone informed Rachel, because he'd be damned if he ended up being the one to break the news and likely have to deal with an emotional woman that night. His night hadn't ended there as he was then brought in to the fact that the Callahan's club had been burned down, with dozens perishing inside of it. If he had his way, he would storm into the hospital and gun down Moretti, his family, and the rest of the psychopaths the Italian lot associated with.

Adam was out through the night and the sun had already risen when he finally got into his car to retreat home for some sleep. He'd ended up seeing Sinead on his way there and thoughts of sleep were held off for a few more hours. It seemed he wasn't going to get out of dealing with an emotional woman after all, but considering Peter was a friend, Adam couldn't help but put the effort in. As it turned out, Sinead was in a silent state of shock, rather than a sobbing wreck. As much as he cared for the Callahans, he knew providing the comfort she needed wasn't part of his skillset, so he arranged for Aliana to join Sinead until Peter could get home.

Adam eventually got a few hours sleep before starting his next night shift. Tonight he was working with Johnny. After delivering the drugs to store room of The Lomax, they were to remain at the club and instead work surveillance from the bar. Adam didn't usually mind, but he was feeling particularly irritable, itching for offensive action rather than defensive. Still, these were the boss' orders and Adam didn't often question the man in charge.

A couple of young women had walked by Adam and Johnny too many times for it not to be noticed. The ladies wanted to be seen, but the only attention they were getting from Adam wasn't the kind they wanted. "I wish those two would fuck off," he grumbled to Johnny. "Look at my face," he said to his friend, displaying a cold and clearly annoyed expression. "What part of this says I look the slightest bit interested in fucking either of them? It must be you, Johnny. You've got the handsome and approachable vibe going on. It makes young women turn into giggling fools," he remarked. From their spot by the bar, he focused on the entrance for a time, watching as more customers were granted access by the two bouncers on the doors.

"To top it all off," Adam began, returning back to an earlier conversation about the two events the night before involving the lawyer and also the Callahans' club. "Some of the guys mentioned Dr Parker's got his girlfriend shacked up in the safe-house now. Lying fucker told me she'd ran a mile when she learned he was a snake." He looked to his watch and let out a small groan before lightening up a little. "I wonder how our friends are getting on down the street," he said, referring to Chase and Jasmine who were checking in on The Emerald Pub. "They seem to be getting along more these days, don't they?" he remarked, with a knowing expression on his face.

RayPurchase RayPurchase (Johnny)
Mentons: Pyroclast Pyroclast (Chase) Misty Gray Misty Gray (Jasmine)

Chapter 16: Not a Soul Left Unscathed - PART 2
...Next day…

1599436222517.png

New York City Hospital
~ Manhattan ~

Alistair Sawyer

1599435972327.png The constant buzz of a hospital setting was normally inescapable, but Alistair barely noticed it. Despite the blood loss and severe trauma, the general anaesthetic had struggled to keep the man unconscious throughout his surgery, let alone put him under in the first place. No matter how much he had longed to pass out, his body somehow resisted and instead forced him to feel the pain as he lay dying on the concrete of the Headquarters’ underground car park. While Ani kneeled over him, stitching together as much as she could of what was left of Alistair’s ravaged arm and crushed legs, she had seen a rare side of him that he himself didn’t even recognise: an unequivocal display of terror. A fear of dying. A pain so gruelling that he had stood no chance at holding himself together, and had ended up unveiling a genuine, raw emotion that had been lying dormant for all the 42 years he had been alive.

Now, above the sounds of the machines around him and the footsteps and voices that passed his private recovery room, all he heard was the sound of his own screams ringing through his head. The beast’s deep, savage growl and the splattering of flesh and blood around him. And between Ani driving away and the arrival of the ambulance, Alistair remembered the existential dread he faced as he lay staring helplessly at the ceiling, shivering into a pool of his own blood. To have been maimed by a woman he had vowed to hunt and slaughter, and to have then accepted her medical assistance before having to watch her get away, it made him question his power. He had never felt weaker in all his life. Now, with two legs amputated above the knee and one arm amputated just below the shoulder, he was exhausted in a way he had never felt before. With an IV tube inserted into his hand and drainage tubes extending from his three stumps, Alistair felt strung up like a puppet. The anaesthetic had left him feeling nauseous enough without him looking at the damage, so instead he stared up at the ceiling like he had the night before and gave way to the disturbing thoughts and images that played on a loop in his head.

“Alistair!” the nurse called, and the harshness of her voice suggested that she had already called his name a few times. Alistair’s ice-cold eyes shifted down to meet hers. He had already told her not to address him by his first name, a preference she had decidedly not respected, and now she seemed to mistake his glare for fatigue. “You have a visitor.”

“I said, no cops.”

The nurse turned to Ethan. “Are you with the police, sir?”

The man at her side came into focus then, and Alistair was filled with relief at the familiar face. “Ethan,” he murmured, trying to shift himself upright. With his stumps fixed in traction, however, he wasn’t able to move far. He cleared his throat lightly before settling down again. “What brings you here? Do you have something to report?” The man’s presence had taken him completely by surprise, and he suddenly realised that he hadn’t given a single thought to the jobs he had sent his men on. No matter what the news was, it would be a welcome distraction from the haunting memories of his attack. The nurse came over to Alistair’s bedside to check his temperature and he released an impatient sigh as though expecting her to understand that he couldn’t begin his conversation with Ethan until she was gone.

“Get out,” he hissed, embarrassed at being tended to whilst in company. The nurse looked at him, then at Ethan, then bowed her head and complied. “Wait - bring me my keys.” Without an ounce of guilt, Alistair watched the door close behind her before tilting his head back against the raised pillow. His thoughts ebbed and flowed through a sea of white noise as the machines hummed and beeped around his bed. Having only been awake for a couple of hours, he hadn’t expected a visitor so soon. The loss of his legs and right arm hadn’t sunk in yet, no matter how many times he dared to look at the empty space. It hadn’t yet occurred to him how different his life would be once he left the hospital. As far as Alistair was concerned, the biggest change of his lifetime was already past him, and that had come from being kidnapped and tortured at the young age of 18. It wasn’t the physical or mental effects of it that made it such a significant turning point in life, however - it was the fact that it had been what brought him into the East Harlem gang in the first place. In fact, the only permanent part of his torture were the physical scars they had left - but, so used to seeing the slashes and burn marks on his body, he never gave much thought to the event itself anymore. It neither haunted him in his dreams, nor in his day-to-day life. This time, however, his life would change in ways he couldn’t imagine. He didn’t know what his treatment would involve, whether he would be able to continue living on his own, how he would deal with the pain after he left the hospital or whether he would ever learn to be left-handed. Not knowing anything, however, only meant that he didn’t know what to dread.

“Ethan,” he finally spoke up, trying to sound as strong as he usually was. “There are going to be one or two changes in the way we operate. It may be some time before you see me at headquarters." His weary eyes drifted around the room before they landed on Ethan, bearing a look of sincerity. "I need you, Ethan. I need you to oversee all operations and missions for me. And I need you to visit me every day. Are you prepared for that?”

The nurse wasn’t long to return with his keys in her hands. Alistair’s shoulder jerked upwards as he tried to extend his missing arm to receive them, before switching to his left. “Thank you. Shut the door on your way out.” The nurse huffed at the way he spoke to her, but didn’t argue. Perhaps if Ethan hadn’t been there, she would have felt more confident to put him in his place.

Once the two were finally alone, Alistair turned to Ethan once again and held out the keys for him to take. “Headquarters - though I know you have copies of all those keys yourself. Then my apartment, and the Dodge,” he explained. “She’s yours. Unless you’re concerned about being mistaken for me, you can have her.” His eyes lingered on the ring of keys in Ethan’s hand as the thought of his car brought him back to the place of his attack. He wondered if it was swarming with cops, since Ani had called an ambulance to the scene. Given that she had removed the bullet from his leg and stitched up the worst of his wounds before they arrived, it must have aroused a serious amount of suspicion. Alistair froze, suddenly feeling the weight of the stress that the gang would be hit by. There were two teenage hostages currently being held in the basement, not to mention the meetings he had planned for later that night. “What’s the situation back there?” Alistair asked, his voice deep with concern. "Are there cops surrounding us? Tell me they had no reason to go inside. Tell me Steve didn’t come back while they were there...”

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Ethan

Chapter 16: Not a Soul Left Unscathed - PART 2
...Next day…

159618177163012264 (1).jpeg 159618177163012264 (3).jpeg 159618177163012264 (2).jpeg

Atlantic City, New Jersey

Jackson McCarthy

d536b07197ac50470d5f57a43b049784--style-uk-gq-magazine.jpg
The Plymouth tore across the neon sunset like a shooting star, leaving only the fleeting smoke on the open highway. Jackson reclined so far back in his seat that the headrest nearly touched the backseat, while the car narrowing navigated the poorly placed palm trees. His attire was just as dapper as it had been the night before - except he was now sporting a purple mark that encircled his eye. His Raybands and a toothy smile suitably covered the blemish, screaming there was still not a care in the world that he owned.

The dashboard of the Plymouth hummed rhythmically, bouncing the hoolahoop lady back and forth to Fly Me to the Moon, as it danced from the cassette player. The beat was contagious enough to have Jackson's finger tapping the steering wheel. As far as everyone in the car was concerned, the night prior had been an absolute success. While everyone there had taken a substantial beating in some shape or another, with Peter having to be sent home for his injuries, the night was still considered a real victory. They had done what they'd set out to do, which was decimating the glamourous, yet perverted, club. Not only did the smash the decor into pieces more diminutive than fiberglass, but they also beat or killed any man who'd challenged them. It was only after they discovered Corleone wasn't present, and having a double-barrel shotgun pointed at them by the manager, did they finally leave the tattered club behind. They left feeling like kings, and by then, everyone in Atlantic City knew precisely who they were.

While Jackson would miss having Peter around for the mission, he had been replaced with a man, Jackson could hardly complain about in the end. Syd was always a welcome addition, and now that the violence was out of the way, he wouldn't feel guilty for stealing him away from his three girls. After slapping the lad in a fresh tux, he was more concerned about the women in Atlantic City trying to steal Syd away from his missus then the armed thugs.

Once they arrived at the Seaside Club, Jackson parked the Plymouth in the neighboring lot. With heavy hesitation, he decided to hand it over to the valet for safekeeping. He wasn't so much worried about the men being associated with New Jersey gangsters, but more than the valets are just as unclean as every other guy, and their grubby hands would be all over his steering wheel.

The inside of the club was just as stunning as the Corleones', and without the excessive amount of genitalia in their faces. It was nice to trot through the bright, neon club without the worries of having a gun stuffed down their throats. After what they'd done, Jackson was surprised a red carpet hadn't been rolled out from them to somber across. Nevertheless, they were graced with free drinks from a tray as a bouncer with bulging muscles led them to the backroom.

"Gentlemen," William Campbell greeted them from his desk, standing up to shake Conor's hand. "Sit, please," he offered, extending his arm out to the sofa chairs opposite his desk. Jackson took his seat as he was instructed, comfortably crossing his legs with a glass of gin and tonic in his hands. "I understand you had some inquires recently, Mr. Sullivan. A way we could both benefit?" William raised the question, motioning for the private barmaid to fill the mens' drinks.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Conor) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

UNKNOWN LOCATION, New York
Drip... Drip... Drip... The incessant dripping sound rattled the pitch-black space, and with no other sense present, the droplets sounded like rocks slamming against the concrete. The ever-so-soft sounds of rats squeaking and scurrying could be heard through the other side of the drywall, although a few sporadic squeaks confirmed that they thrived on both sides. Festering, seething, they desperately searched the boxed room for food. Their hungry whiskers patted her leg, but alas she was still breathing. They'd attempt to get chunks of her with quick rapid bites, but she was too squirmish to consume. Soon enough, they'd get their chance to feast on her rotten corpse. Just a few more days.

Suddenly, a muffled voice materialized from the void as spontaneously as the Big Bang. It was low and distant, but with nothing else to consume her mind in the blackness that engulfed her, her attuned ears could make out some features. It was deep and raspy - it was a man's voice. It held bass, but it also whisked up, like a New York accent. Soon enough, she could make out the words.

"Wit' how they keep dis' fuckin place, I'll be surprised if she's not already rat food." The sounds of wooden stairs creaking emitted through the cracks in the walls. While it would hardly register to anyone on the outside world, for someone who had been suspended in perpetual darkness, it sounded as if Redwood trees were collapsing in the forest. A voice responded, yet this one seemed to be too muffled to be made out. "You see how much she's bleedin'? They'll be feastin' on her like a Thanksgivin' turkey," the New York voice retorted. A loud unlocking racket bounced off the walls, as the heavy metal door slide open. The sudden flood of light resembled that of a nuclear blast, feeling as if it were bright enough to singe off her skin.

"Look at her. If you told me that was the barmaid from last night, I'd say you lost your fuckin' mind," Amato scoffed, stepping past the stacked kegs into the secret room. He didn't appear to be exaggerating. She was sliced from head to toe, most likely from the various bloody, rusty tools scattered across the stained floor. Her matted, sweaty hair stuck to her face like glue and whatever orifice that wasn't covered by clotted blood, was wrapped in an excessive amount of duct tape.

"Good morning, sweetheart," Amato spoke in a taunting voice, stepping closer to her. "Or is it morning? I bet you haven't a fuckin' clue," Amato chuckled, bending down to look into her sagging pupils. "How the fuck is she even alive?" Amato asked, turning to Steve. He pinched her chin with his fingers and forced her head up, exposing the bruised welts that covered her once beautiful face. She had more resemblance with a rotting corpse than a woman in her twenties, and her ghostly pale skin was the real nail in the coffin. "What'd you think, Steve? Would you still fuck her?" Amato's sinister smile grew. "What about you, sweetheart?" His hand reached out and unceremoniously ripped the duct tape from her mouth, finally allowing her labored breathing to come from another hole besides her clogged nose.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Kerry) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Steve)

The Goldeneye Hotel
~ Lake Montauk ~

Tatiana Moretti

1599481258385.png It had been a long night. The pleasure of being with Rebel had lasted for a while before it was gradually overpowered by thoughts of her sister. Her heart would flutter and swell and leap for the woman laying beside her, before growing heavy with guilt and concern. She had known from the start that she would be chastised for pursuing an attraction to a woman on the side of the mob that had massacred their family, if it had ever got out. But the betrayal was deeper now that it was likely the mob were also responsible for Valentina’s attack. By sunrise, Tatiana still hadn’t slept a wink.

Leaning over the side of the bed, being careful not to disturb Rebel, Tatiana dipped her hand into her suitcase and retrieved a set of handcuffs. She owned more than one, to avoid ever associating pleasure with business - yet, ironically, the line between the two was in this case almost completely blurred. Still, the handcuffs she had brought with her had never touched the wrists of a victim. Perhaps she had chosen the wrong ones.

Tatiana rolled onto her side to face Rebel, softening at the sight of her sleeping form. She let her hand fall delicately over Rebel’s, almost teasing the woman’s unconscious response to see if her fingers would wrap around hers. They didn’t, and that gave Tatiana just enough confidence to lift Rebel’s hand and snap the handcuff around her wrist. It dropped, suspended from the bedpost to which it was locked, and Tatiana jumped out of bed before Rebel could register what had happened.

“I’m unarmed,” she clarified, holding up her hands. Her eyes showed a rare anxiety, one that she had never felt towards a target before. “Rebel, we need to talk, that’s all. I need to tell you something.” There was a bottle of chloroform in her suitcase, there only if she needed to leave Rebel behind. She hoped it wouldn’t come to that. “I know you don’t trust me, but listen,” she continued, never dropping eye contact with the woman. “Right now, my sister is lying in the hospital. She was attacked a couple nights ago, brutally attacked. The only way I was able to come here with you instead of staying there with her is if I told my father where I was going and promised him to return with information. I don’t want to hurt you - I really wanted to get away with you, just like our original plan. But she’s my sister, Rebel. I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself if I gave up this one opportunity to help her.” Tatiana stared at her, heart pounding. “We’ve got to work together on this or we’re both in trouble. Please.”

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Rebel

brief mention of Leo's death
Aliana Sullivan
a33ed07b-4c71-4bc2-b55f-03bd3a368beb-hero-bb-hannahjohnkamen.jpg
Aliana was very apprehensive about her husband leaving her to go to New Jersey, the new baby causing her emotions to be at an all time high. She feared for her husband's safety more often lately, even Leo's. With the power shift, Conor become the head of the mob after James stepped down, there was more stressed to deal with. Not only was it even more important for her to be stronger than ever for her husband, but for everyone else as well. She often found herself talking to Lucy about how she handled it all, finding her advice comforting and calming. The day Conor left her she made sure she had things lined up to keep her preoccupied, putting together their future bundle of joy's room together. Leo was very excited about having a younger sibling around, someone he could be bossy with and teach all sorts of bad things he knew his parents wouldn't want to do. Everything he had done so far to help was releiving a lot of stress, that was for sure. Though her baby wasn't do for another few months, she didn't want to just wait until the last moment.

Today, Aliana's shoulder was needed for Sinead so the baby room would have to take a break. The night before, she and Leo were sitting in her bed eating popcorn watching movies. She had lost a bet with her son, letting him play any movie he wanted. She thought it would be along the lines of "Jungle Book" when in reality he chose "The Godfather". She didn't want him watching such violence, but when he argued that his whole life was basically violent she had to give in. The kid was getting too smart for his own good, something she would put on Conor. Leo had fallen asleep against his mother, Ali following suit. When the phone rang beside her bed, she could swear she had only just fallen asleep as she answered, the tiredness in her voice apparent. Adam had called her and filled her in on the situation with Sinead and her business. Hearing it was burned to the ground made her sit up in bed, careful not to wake her son. "Jesus... I-I'll be there soon." After their phone call, she hung up and stared at the ceiling for a moment. This whole thing had been taken too far, innocent lives being taken away and her best friend's business destroyed. With a heavy sigh, she nudged Leo awake and told him to go and get ready to go to his cousin's.

Ali was dressed more comfortably than normal, Leo as well. The drive over she had a lot of time to think about things and how she was going to comfort her friend. She could sort of relate to how she was feeling, going through something similar. While she hadn't lost the entire building or people that worked for her, she did lose her brother and much of her client base. She was glad Adam had called her. Once she and Leo arrived to the Callahan home, she had to carry him inside. He was still tired and sleeping, so once she got him all settled she tended to Sinead. It was hard watching her suffer this way as she tried to get her to eat and drink something. All of her attempts were failures and when it became apparent they weren't going to work, she let her be. Sinead bursting into tears caught her off guard as she quickly hugged her and rubbed her back. She went on to tell her the same things Ali had felt just a few months ago. It was all very familiar to her, listening to her cry and talk about this.

"I get what you mean, babes. I was in the same boat, Sinny. It's a shitty place to be in but hey." She pulled back and rubbed her cheeks with her fingers. "Whatever decisions you make, you make for you and your family. Lucy and Conor will understand and support you no matter what." There was a soft sigh before pulling her in for a hug again. "Now, what can I do to make this better? What do you need from me?"

Sinead ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Last edited:

Elvian Moretti
IN12_VSS_ZETA_JONES
The night she was able to spend with her husband was a good one, happy she was able to get their lives back on track. Although her husband had to take care of Isac, she wished they would be able to just spend the day in bed. Their world had been turned upside down the moment with thier daughter being attacked. Casualties were significant in this line of work but when it was a family member? This would be something they couldn't just let go or be excused, it being her baby girl. Finding out it was Isac who had attacked Valentina for some unknown reason, was enough to get them started. They had the man they needed to question, now would be the questioning. Gabriel, Teddy and Marcus, were holding true to their promise of taking care of the man who had hurt Val, having had him picked up the night before. Now, she would be able to focus on the things she had put on the back burner. Letting her daughter rest and not hover, Elvian had visited her flower shop to take care of things. Once she was done there, she would find herself in her own office paying the bills for everyday life things. It seemed life was going back to normal for a while, something she could appreciate.

When Elvian got bored, she found herself cooking. Plus, she knew Valentina would appreciate food that wasn't from the hospital. It would be a punch of finger foods and snacks, as her daughter informed her she wanted to watch TV. She wasn't used to doing such things, but for her kids she would. While Val was being discharged, El was making all her favorties as well as some extra things for herself. She wanted her to be as quickly acclimated to being back home as she possibly could be; wanting the nightmare to be behind them. Hearing the house door open, she wiped her flour covered hands on her apron and quickly sought her out. The first thing the younger woman wanted to do was take a bath, to which she happily obliged. While the food was finishing up, she asked one of the guards to watch over while she heled her daughter get into the bath.

Once everything had wrapped up, the food and Val's bath, Elvian slipped into clothes that were more comfortable. She brought up all the food she made in bowls and on a tray upstairs. Getting comfortable in bed, she popped on of the donut balls into her mouth before nodding her head in agreeance. "Oh, I'm sure they'll keep to their promise. He deserves it for what he did to you." Elvian normally didn't like to speak like this, but Isac had betrayed them and hurt her daughter so why not? "Not only did he betray the family but that woman's restaurant was wrongly destroyed because of his actions. Moretti's do not do things in a messy fashion; it's always planned out." She stated, shaking her head. At the mention of Tatiana, she shook her head. "I have not, now that you mention it. Though I'm sure she's okay, I wish she would have called. Knowing what happened to you'd think she would stay close..." Elvian knew her daughter was doing more of the gang work, getting information and things of that nature, but she still missed having her around. She would also prefer her check in and make sure things were okay.

Valentina ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Theodore Wycliff
0f05075efffd2b25358dbe291ef9af06--magic-mike-ken-doll.jpg
When the name of the man was revealed to them, Teddy was determined to get to him. Gabe had given instructions to his men to find Isac and get him ready for their interrogations. He wouldn't be able to sleep most of the night, wanting to get the revenge Valentina deserved. Despited there being men outside her hospital door, Teddy couldn't bring himself to leave her side. He had fallen asleep in the chair next to her and woke up before she had. There were things he needed to prepare for tonight, meaning he wouldn't be able to stay the day with her again. Before leaving, he had taken a moment observe every bruise, cut, scrap and remembered them. He was going to make sure Isac had similar if not worse marks on his body and face. He was also caught up in the ever growing feelings he found himself having for her, but knew he couldn't keep staring at her like this. He softly left the hospital room and headed to his apartment for a shower and a change of clothes.

He was dressed very casual for the things he was going to do, more casual than usual. In sweatpants and a white undershirt, he was prepared for how messy things were going to get. Once he met up with Gabriel and Marcus, things were ready to get started. A few hours had passed of Gabriel doing most of the dirty working, understandably so. It had been his daughter who was attacked, his reputation on the line. Teddy was just sitting back and watching the show as his boss laid into him. Isac was refusing to give him an answer and he was unsure why. He had already been caught, he was already being tortured physically and mentally, so why not fess up? It only reminded him of when the same thing happened to him; he hadn't given up information in the beginning which meant Isac probably wasn't either. His loss.

Sitting in a nearby chair watching the man continue to get beat, Teddy rubbed his eyes. If he were to be honest, this wasn't his alley, sure but he would do anything to help avenge Tin. This would be the only time he got his hands dirty, seeing as he was an informant. The stupidity of this guy was helping fill his rage and the amount of pain he was going to inflict on him. "Cut the shit, Isac! We know you were the one to attack Valentina. She's not mistaken, she's not lying, you are!" While Gabriel took a moment, Teddy took it as a chance to squat in front of their victim. "You're making this hard on youself, bub, but not participating. It's only going to get worse from here, so tell us the truth huh?" When it was apparent he wasn't going to, he stood up and backed away watching as Gabriel took a lighter and burned the mans skin. It looked pretty gruesome and he was glad he wasn't on the other end of this.

It was Teddy and Marcus' turn, Gabriel sarcastically asking if he wasn't asking the questions right. Teddy couldn't help but joke and shrug his shoulders. "I mean, you're the boss so maybe he only understands people who are lower on the totem pole, huh?" Turning to examine the damage on Isac's body, he looked at his now mutilated tattoo. "You know, I don't agree. I liked the tattoo." He said before connecting his fist with the burned skin. Hearing him cry out, he just had had to punch him a few more times. His knuckles were turning red by the time he stopped, but it was a small price to pay for revenge. "You ready to spit out that name?"

Gabriel ( Misty Gray Misty Gray ) Marcus ( RayPurchase RayPurchase )

Valentina Moretti

4634e7ae67d1772c57c22c8c190a0ecb.gifValentina had been using her healthy arm to struggle with the pillows until she was propped up comfortably enough in a position to eat whatever snacks her mother had been preparing. She looked to the television as the familiar theme tune to 'Family Affair' played. Although the channel was showing a rerun, she had no desire to get out of bed to change the channel, considering she'd only just found some level of comfort.

When her mother entered the room, Valentina's eyes followed Elvian as she looked to see the treats she'd been brought. She knew what they were doing wasn't really something the family did, but Valentina didn't want to lie awake in bed alone all evening, so this was the best idea she could come up with. She reached out to pick up a donut ball, as she'd seen her mother do and took small bites from it as she listened to her mother's reply. She slowly nodded her head as it was said the Morettis don't act impulsively. Whilst she appreciated her family would go to such lengths in her honour, it didn't feel right knowing the wrong people had suffered because of her. She figured that was something else she would have to learn to live with now. "I'm sure Tati's fine. I just miss her," she said, having not been conscious enough to remember the last time they were in a room together a few days ago.

As she reached for another donut ball, Valentina couldn't help but make an observation. "Imagine what Papa would say if he caught us right now. He'd make some comment about it being poor etiquette to eat in bed and not at the dinner table," she remarked. Despite her comments, she suspected that given the circumstances, even Gabriel would make an exception just this once. She wondered if that was why she'd gotten away with other rule breaks the previous day. "Are you and Papa okay?" she softly asked her mother. She was sure the stress would be taking some toll on each of them and she hoped it wasn't creating any kind of wedge in their marriage. "Is Papa alright? I mean, I meant what I said yesterday and I want him to take me seriously. But I swore at him and he just let it pass. Not going soft on us, is he?" she commented. There was another reason for her comments about Gabriel being a little more open. "Obviously Marcus would be permitted to accompany him tonight, but I'm surprised about Teddy. Papa must have forgiven him or at least be letting him back into our family to let him help deal with Isac." Valentina had been trying to get Teddy back in the family's good books since he was tortured months ago. Even if she hadn't happened to be romantically attracted to him, she would have still wanted to fight his corner. As it happened, she was attracted to him and her father had found it in himself to invite the man back into the business. It made Valentina feel more certainty in her feelings. The attack on her had ripped away the trust she'd had for men, but she knew Teddy well and had still felt safe in his presence the night before.

The Emerald Pub
~ Midtown, Manhattan ~

Chase Zegarra

1599495364190.png Perhaps it was merely confirmation bias, but Chase had a feeling he saw Jasmine more frequently than any other of his colleagues. As far as he could think, there was nobody in the mob that he didn’t work well with - he had spent a lot of time getting to know Adam and Syd over the years, and had recently strengthened his bond with Darragh through the rescue mission on Liberty Island. Yet it was Jasmine with whom he seemed to be becoming partners - at least for guard duties. Like Joe and Nicky, who had just arrived to take over their security shift at The Emerald Pub, Chase was beginning to feel like they were turning into partners. Their colleagues didn’t seem to have any qualms with drinking on the job, and while the pair were at the bar buying their pints Chase stood to do up his coat, focusing on the fastening so that he didn’t have to look his partner in the eye.

“Hey, Jasmine, you wouldn’t…” It came out before he could stop himself and he almost choked on his words. “Digo...Do you maybe want to take a drink with me, now that we’re off duty? Not here, I mean somewhere...well, anywhere you want. Even here...” Chase could feel his face turning red and it took a further few seconds before he managed to look her in the eye, allowing a coy smile to show through. “I’ll need to pass by The Lomax, though - make sure Adam isn’t sleeping on the job. He might try to make me take over his shift, but that’s when we run, okay?” His teasing remark was light-hearted, but carried a heavy reference to the burden the man had taken on in response to the attack on All That Jazz.

A cold draft hit him when he opened the door for Jasmine, and he waved a lazy salute at Joe and Nicky on his way out. Chase found it odd how normal the streets looked despite all of the attacks that were going on. In Fear City, it seemed shock wore off fast. Dozens had been killed in the blaze and the remains of the club had been surrounded by mourners and the authorities ever since - but just around the corner, the rest of the city seemed totally unaffected. Even if the public moved on, however, Chase knew that it would never leave the hearts of the Callahan family. “Poor Sinead must be in pieces,” he sighed, shoving his hands in his pockets for warmth. “Have you spoken to her much since it happened? You’re really close with her, right?”

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Jasmine

Conor Sullivan

1599610524758.pngThe previous night had gone as well as could be expected, even if the piece of shit Corleone hadn't shown his face. The fact the seedy club was wrecked and those actively defending the place had been taken down made it a success. It was only when he took time to rest up in the hotel that Conor was able to fully acknowledge what had gone down. For much of his life, he'd been violent and aggressive, with little control over his temper, but up until his release from prison he'd only killed one man. Now, he was in control of his temper and any violence he expressed was controlled... calculated. Yet, despite him considering his actions and displaying restraint, his kill count was rapidly increasing since his release. People saw his 'rehabilitation' and behavioural correction as an improvement, but Conor had to question if he'd become far more morally questionable over the recent months. This was the burden he took on when he agreed to becoming the head of the mob and fulfilling his father's expectations of him. But at what point would he be no better than Vinnie Romano and Gabriel Moretti? Would he be conscious of it when he had stopped to their level?

When news of the attack on All That Jazz reached him and Peter had to head home to console Sinead, it allowed Conor to push the questioning of his humanity to one side for another day. The men he'd murdered in Corleone's club were not innocent. Those in Sinead's were and somehow, that cancelled it out for him. Once again, the Morettis had stooped to the lowest level.

This evening's job was much cleaner and expected to be a friendly meeting. Once he, Jackson and Syd arrived outside the Seaside Club, Conor climbed out of the vehicle and smoothed out his second expensive suit of the weekend. He took a moment to take in their surroundings before looking to the two men he was with. His eldest nephew was on one side and a man who was practically a brother to him on the other. The company was excellent and he hoped it was a sign the rest of their evening would be great too.

Conor followed the beefy bouncer to the backroom, grabbing himself a large whiskey when it was offered along the way. Once inside the room, they were greeted by William Campbell. With his left hand holding the glass tumbler, her outstretched his right arm to given the Scottish man a firm handshake. He sent William a friendly smile as he accepted his offer of a seat on one of the armchairs, placing his drink on the edge of the desk. "Pleasure to see you, mate. This is Jackson McCarthy and this is Syd Porter," he said, pointing to the men respectively. "Syd is James' eldest," he pointed out, aware William would have met the previous boss on a number of past occasions.

Conor took a sip of his whiskey as the business matter soon came into conversation. "Of course, mate. I won't beat around the bush, but I think we can both work together to benefit each others' businesses. You'll be more than aware of the Morettis trying to make their mark on New York. If they keep gaining power, it won't be long until they start branching out into neighbouring states, including this fine city of yours. You have a Corleone problem here, which I can help you get rid of. The Corleones and the Morettis are already becoming well acquainted. If we don't get rid of the Morettis now, they could become a problem for you too." Conor cleared his throat and looked to two men seated at either side of him. "Last night we fucked up that seedy club the Corleones are running downtown. A gift to you, Mr. Campbell, and we can offer you more than that moving forward."

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)
Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson, Campbell)

Steve Kelly

1599571254027.pngSteve hadn’t been paying much attention to the faint sound of rats on the other side of the wall, but he had to chuckle at Amato’s comment about Kerry being eaten alive. “Who gives a shit about rats now? This is one of the best ideas to come outta’ that thick head of yours!” he enthused, giving Amato’s head a playful shove from behind as he followed him down the stairs. “I thought we’d just have to bury her somewhere when we were done. But you comin’ up with this? It’s fuckin’ genius.”

As the two stepped deeper into the dark room, Steve followed Amato’s direction to observe the woman. Her once neatly styled hair was now wild and damp with matted clumps of it sticking to her face and neck. He could barely make out the details of her face for all the swelling and oozing blood, but he tilted his head as though a different angle might help him to see the barmaid that Amato could no longer recognise. “I dunno, man...still looks like a weak little bitch to me,” he shrugged.

The sudden flood of light sent rats scattering to all corners of the room, abandoning their prize to keep within the confines of the darkness. Unlike them, however, Kerry had nowhere to run. She was exposed now, all ready for inspection. Amato didn’t waste time in raising her beaten face into the light for them both to examine. He asked Steve if he would still fuck her and without a moment’s thought, he scoffed and said, “Yah, dude. You tellin’ me you never covered up an ugly face while you’re goin’ at it?” In an animated and overly graphic way, Steve mimed turning somebody over before thrusting into them, and then fell about laughing. “Nah, don’tchu worry, my friend. We’re gonna make a killin’ off this one...They’ll come swarmin’ in faster than these fuckin’ rats.” His voice fell hollow and light as he crouched down beside her and leaned in close, slowly running his tongue along his lips. Somehow, she appeared less recognisable the closer he looked.

When Amato then tore the duct tape off her mouth, Steve leaned back and released a low, vulgar laugh. “Sure she ain’t got blinded when she saw your fat ugly face?” he teased, clapping Amato on the arm. Before Kerry had a chance to answer Amato’s question, Steve reached forward with both hands and grasped her by the jaw, parting her lips with his fingers. “Lucky thing’s still got all her teeth! What are the chances of that?” His words were chased by a wheeze of laughter, the kind that brought tears to the eyes. His fingers drew strings of blood from her busted lips when he let go of her, which he wiped on her sleeve as he tried to pull himself together. The whole situation had given him a case of the giggles, and he had to hold his breath as he waited to hear the tremble in her voice.

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Kerry
Enzyme Enzyme Amato

Mental anguish, fear, suffering, sexual threat, death subjects

Kerry Patrick

Annotation 2020-09-09 183029.pngKerry wasn't sure how long she'd been sat against the damp wall with her hands and feet bound with strong duct tape. It felt far longer than it had actually been and she suspected just as much. It was a torturous eternity, shivering in the cold room as her body suffered sore aches and pains from the beating whilst the slightest movements stretched at her skin to bring back an unbearable stinging where the open cuts sat. The physical pain was equalled by the mental anguish. The complete darkness only amplified the fear and anxiety of feeling rats brushing against her bare feet. The silence only left her mind to run in overdrive as everything since the attack on the club replayed in her mind. Whilst everyone else had perished in the fire, Kerry's nightmare was only getting started. Her abductors had beaten her and tortured her, cutting her skin and leaving her in a bloody mess. The threats and taunts had been without mercy, with the taller of the two continuing to make sexual comments and disgust her with sick gestures such as licking her face.

Kerry wasn't sure how long she'd been in the unbearable basement, but she wasn't sure she could take it anymore. As the hours had gone on, her mind had been torn in two. The longing to escape to safety was met with the defeated desire to simply die quickly. The terror of not wanting to be alone was beaten down by the desperation for her abductors to never return. She had started to question if Scott and the guards had lucked out considering their quick deaths.

Hearing the muffled voices was for the briefest moment welcomed, no longer being sent crazy by the mismatched rhythms of the dripping sounds and her own heartbeat. As she listened closer, any relief was short-lived as she recognised the voices of her attackers. It was sickening the way they talked about her like she was nothing; discounting the fact she was a human-being with her own mind, hopes and aspirations. Clearly, these men were not human.

Kerry closed her eyes tightly as the bright light hit her, slowly opening them in time to see the two men approaching. Their faces didn't quite match the grotesque monsters she'd imagined when they were masked inside the club. One of them she was sure any girl would find handsome and attractive if they passed on the street, but all that took over Steve's face when she looked at it was rotting flesh that fell away to reveal the evil ugliness festering inside of him.

Her body began to tremble out of her own control as they got closer, Amato taunted her from the offset. He brought attention to the fact she would have no clue as to what time of day it was. It felt like she'd been there far too long for it to still be only morning. He continued to make comments on her appearance before he asked Steve if he'd still fuck her. She tightly closed her eyes, wishing to block out the repeated sexually degrading comments. Steve's answer was every bit repulsive, not only mocking her appearance but suggesting he would still carry out such a sickening act. The tape being ripped from her mouth shocked her back to reality, opening her eyes and she let out a yelp from the shock of the action.

Kerry tried to resist as Steve forced her mouth to open so he could look at her teeth. As he pulled his hand away and started laughing in her face, she couldn't help but cry in return. Her voice felt weak, albeit strong enough that she could try scream for help, but with the men literally in her face, she was deterred by fear of the action's consequences. "Please..." she pleaded in a loud whisper. "Please just let me go now," she said, finding her voice even if it sounded weak and strained. She looked to Amato for a time, put off by Steve's giggling. "I haven't done anything wrong. I haven't lived here long and I only just started that job. Why are you.. I... I did everything you asked me to do," she said, now sharing her attention between both men.

She winced as speaking causing the cuts on her face to stretch and sting. She took a couple of deep gasps for air before breaking eye-contact with either of the men, instead looking past them. "I need to use the bathroom," she said, the discomfort in her bladder worsening as time went on.

Enzyme Enzyme (Amato)
Pyroclast Pyroclast (Steve)

Elvian Moretti
IN12_VSS_ZETA_JONES
Elvian found herself softly stroking her daughter's head, listening to her say she missed Tatiana. "Well, she came to the hospital to visit you, if that puts your mind more at ease." She said, her voice sounding reassuring. Making sure she understood everyone in their family was by her side was very important to her; the family was important. It could have developed a little after her own blow up with her parents, they not liking Gabriel after finding out who he was. When they passed, she had wished they could've understood and stood by her decision. Now, she wanted nothing more than to keep her family close-knit.

She let out a small laugh before reaching for her bottle of water. "Oh, your father's an old softy but don't tell him I exposed his secret." Granted, she would have to be careful not to get crumbs any place and clean them up immediately if they had. It wasn't that she worried about Gabriel, it was the ants. Elvian despised the little creatures, always sending out a scout then coming with the whole army. They were incredibly difficult to get rid of and left itchy red marks on your body when they bit you. Not to mention how tiny they were and able to get everywhere quickly. Sure, the Sullivan family were always going to be the Moretti's sworn enemies, but ants will always be Elvian's. She turned her attention back to her daughter when she asked about her relationship with Gabriel. "Oh darling, we're fine honestly. The only thing that could break your father and me apart would be death." A true statement, she thought to herself. He hadn't left due to her temper tantrums or the harsh words she had shared with him, which only led her to believe that nothing would make him leave her. If she were going to leave him, she would have never married him even after knowing of his ties with the mob. "You don't have anything to worry about."

The older woman took a deep breath and a snack before continuing with a slight laugh. "In that regard, no he is not. I believe he was more stressed than anything, hm? His daughter being attacked, failed attempts on the enemies' lives. It's a lot. I do believe he felt as if your words help a semblance of truth in them, which is why he took it the way he did." She took a pause to sit up some and look at her daughter, a serious look on her face. "However, as far as the swearing goes. You proved your point using the words and that's fine, but I do think you should apologize to him for the disrespect part. Hold true to what you said, it's just how you said it." Elvian was no stranger to telling people off, people she respected too, but there was always a proper way to speak on it and it was something she always taught her children. At the mention of Teddy, she couldn't help but smile widely. "You know, Teddy has been around quite a lot, and now you're asking about him. When you were in the hospital, he was there just as long as I was, hm?." She took a pause before her voice got slightly excited. "If I remember, weren't you helping him try to find a way back into your father's good graces? So, are you asking this question about our dear Theodore because you want to see if he would be approved now he's working with your father again?"

Valentina ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Jasmine Carpenter

Annotation 2020-09-10 181000.pngAlthough most were on high alert considering the attacks and goings on the night before, there was something quite relaxing about being in The Emerald Pub. Perhaps it was the fact many of the regulars were always too drunk to give a damn about what was going on outside of the pub walls. She suspected it was also down to the fact she liked working alongside Chase. Whilst she didn't doubt for a second he could take care of himself and give the enemy a fright when needed, she saw a side to Chase that she didn't see in many of the men she worked with. Many were hot-headed, macho, and at times, crass. Even though she found it easy to get along with such men, with Adam a prime example, there was something refreshing about Chase that she felt drew her towards him. Every time she got far enough to acknowledge that, she mentally slapped herself losing focus. She was sure her father would be disappointed if he knew she knew what was going through her head. Then again, she'd long since done as she pleased and ditched the need to fulfil his expectations of her.

When it was time for finish their shift, Jasmine briefly headed behind the bar to retrieve the leather jacket she'd asked Rachel to save for her earlier. The barmaid hadn't been her usual upbeat self, but it was obviously on account of Mitch's disappearance the night before. The other bar staff seemed to be giving Rachel the attention she needed, so Jasmine hadn't felt guilty about focusing her attention on the security of the pub... and on her partner on the job.

eb0a0e2766863920b1070f4ff0a1c05b.gifAs she zipped up her jacket, Jasmine heard Chase speak to her. With the man looking away to his coat as he spoke, she didn't feel the need to look to him straight away. "Yeah," she mumbled during the pause, readjusting her holstered pistol. As she heard him invite her for a drink, she quickly lifted her head to look at his face. She was about to point out they were already standing in a pub so it wouldn't exactly be difficult to get a drink in that moment. Seeing him blush and struggle to make eye-contact, she realised it hadn't just been a random casual suggestion. She sent him a warm smile, surprised to feel her own cheeks blushing. If she were being honest, she'd hoped he would ask her, but she was just surprised the more introverted guy had done it so soon. Unless, of course, she was reading too much into it. She knew all too well men and women could just be friends without romance having to be involved. Despite her reservations, she still responded with more enthusiasm than she'd intended. "I thought you'd never ask! I'd really like that, Chase," she accepted. "I'm sure we can go head somewhere else. After bugging Adam first, of course."

As they stepped outside, Jasmine folded her arms at her chest, slowly acclimatising to the drop in temperature. "I can't wait for spring to arrive," she complained. As they set off down the street towards The Lomax, Chase brought up the subject of the Callahans' club being destroyed the night before. "I haven't had chance to speak with Sinead yet, with how busy we've all been. Adam mentioned she wasn't doing well, that he'd had to accompany her home after he found her in a daze outside the burned out club." She let out a sigh. "I'm concerned about her as I know how much she loved that place, not to mention she had friends killed in there. At least Peter will be there for her. I worked for the Callahans a lot when Peter was in prison and that was tough seeing her struggle without him." Jasmine cared for the Callahans, which she supposed made it more difficult to switch off herself. It was much easier to be getting her hands dirty rather than providing emotional support.

Nearing the nightclub, Jasmine looked ahead towards the side of the building. Something seemed off but she wasn't sure what. "Are those lazy bastards gossiping with the bouncers again when they should be guarding the perimeter?" she asked, referring to the Sullivan guards who didn't appear to be guarding the rear and side doors.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Chase)

Last edited:
Valentina Moretti

4634e7ae67d1772c57c22c8c190a0ecb-gif.778228
Valentina managed a weak smile when Elvian described Gabriel as a big softy. It wasn't often she got to see it and when she did see his sensitive side at the hospital, she'd gone on to swear at him. She'd also sensed tension between not only Elvian and Gabriel, but Marcus and him too. She knew none of the attack was her fault, but she hated to think of all the extra stress it had caused her family. "I'm glad you and Papa are okay. Our family might have its fair share of drama and disruption, but I think you're both a great example of a good marriage."

The younger woman managed a small smile when Elvian said Gabriel wasn't going soft on other matters; that stress had caused him to pretty much let her get away with talking to him the way she had. Any other time, she knew the man would have been furious, regardless of her being a grown adult. "It's not that I don't appreciate how protective he is. When those men were attacking me, when I was trying to fight that monster off of... I was praying for Papa to be there to stop them. To shoot them, kill them, whatever he would have done to save me from them. But that's different because that was real danger. But much of the time he just needs to chill out and take a step back - let us all breathe a little and make some mistakes. Fail sometimes. Quit something if our heart isn't in it. Be who we want to be." She let out a sigh and quickly nodded her head when she was told to apologise for the profanity. "I will apologise for swearing at him, but the rest still stands. I might need to sit watching movies in bed with my Mama right now, but I want to overcome this and find a way to cope with all of these nightmares in my head. I want to be treated as an adult and an equal in this family. I gave Papa the idea to buy that pub and it's already paying off, so I want him to trust me more with the business."

Valentina hadn't realised she'd been so obvious in her mentions of Teddy, but her mother didn't hesitate to pick up on it. Hearing the excitement in Elvian's voice caused her to feel embarrassed though she hid it well - and her paleness and bruising served well at masking it too. "See if what would be approved?" she coyly asked. "I was just asking if Papa had forgiven him... I mean, of course Teddy would have been at the hospital. He's practically family and he probably just wanted to keep you company while you were at the hospital too. And of course I was helping him out with Papa - I don't think he deserved to be punished or cast aside after he'd suffered that torture..." She fell silent as remembering seeing Teddy messed up that night caused to bring her own ordeal back to the front of her mind. She cleared her throat and turned to look at her mother with a serious expression. "Approved...?" she asked, playing dumb. She then sighed, knowing her mother could always see through her, especially when she was speaking so quickly to cover her tracks. "I'm sure if Teddy is back in Papa's good books, he'll want to stay there. Besides, why would he even look twice at me, especially after seeing me all messed up and as a victim?" She reached out for another donut ball, but before biting into it, she turned to Elvian. "Hypothetically speaking though... Do you think Teddy would be approved of?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back